[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

13 minutes ago, andy78 said:

yes i read an article that did confirm bulgasal who took the soul was reincarnated as twin sisters. Sangyeon can remember the past and had the scar from Danhwal, but Sangwon is the one who had the "scent of soul".

That's right. So basically, both are the same person who got reincarnated, but born as twins.

I wonder if the younger sister's visions will give them answers, since Sang Woon doesn't know anything about the past, but she will need to know. Hwal also doesn't know much about "before". There's 400 years of lost history. I've thought about several scenarios. Eul Tae seems to be the "real" bulgasal (maybe he wanted a bride?), perhaps, Hwal had a childhood friend of sorts from his past life and sold her off (of his family) to the bulgasal to be his bride. Sang Woon did say that she resented Hwal for something he did. Ohhh, can't wait to know it all.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Kathia said:

Sang Woon did say that she resented Hwal for something he did. Ohhh, can't wait to know it all.

seems so he did something to her first...all we need to know is what...bulgasal is getting better each week

• Like 1

I wonder if Hwal Bulgasal's sniffing power developed yet - We see the other monsters can tell / smell the soul of Sang Woon. Like Ok Eul Tae just happened to know where Sang Woon is inside the tunnel.

Hwal was so close by Sang Woon at the laundry factory yet he can't smell her scene, I give highly credit for that "Orange Hazmat suit" plus the full protective gear:lol:.

Anyhow... Hwal is a weak Bulgasal because he doesn't drink human blood???. Then dear PD-Nim, we should bring Hwal to the blood bank and see if he can survive the temptation ...LOL

I'm going bananas waiting for next episode.

• Like 3

I think since they mentioned that Hwal is weak due to drinking animal blood at one point he will drink human blood to power up. Either someone is going to volunteer, but the question is who. Since the promise was with his father, maybe the reincarnated version is needed to give him permission.

I also think that kid is the reincarnated version of his son. At least I hope so. I think he will only realize it when he sees younger photos of the kid. I am not sure what is going on with the wife. Did we know what was wrong with her hand in the previous life. I know she had bandages around her hands, but not why.  

• Like 5

14 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

at one point he will drink human blood to power up.

i think that too...maybe she will give him her blood to save his life...and will make him stronger...she seems special...monsters can not kill her

also think that kid is the reincarnated version of his son.

i have the same feeling

• Like 3

hi chingus!

i've been lurking here to see the comments and excitements.. haha!

reincarnated monsters can smell the strong stench (to them, is disgusting) of Sang Woon cos Hwal was a monster slayer and when his soul was stolen, the soul followed the reincarnated "bulgasal" aka Sang Woon in this case. Hwal did mention that he can't smell it cos it's his stolen soul. but to the rest of the reincarnated monsters, they hated it and triggered the urge to kill her.

and there is this part in ep4 where Hwal pulled out the sword from his body and Eul Tae screamed in pain from the dark wound on his chest (where it could have been the same spot on Hwal body). if Eul Tae has consumed Sang Yeon's soul, it could mean that he now has half of Hwal's soul so what happens to Hwal (being inflicted by the sword) might be happening to his half souled body as well.

can't wait for new episodes!

tagging:

@Sleepy Owl 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

I am not sure what is going on with the wife. Did we know what was wrong with her hand in the previous life. I know she had bandages around her hands, but not why.  

Sol had bandages in her hand to control her ability. I think the her father, the general, said it had something to do with seeing people's past? She was considered a freak back then because of it. 

What I like about this series is that it keeps us guessing with theories each episode. I honestly thought this would be a rom-com at first. Or a romance-drama. Didn't expect thriller to factor into the equation as well. :sweat_smile:

• Like 5

I've been lurking around this thread, too. 

There are some things I like about this drama (like the potential relationship between our leads, the mystery of who was who in the past, trying to figure out what will happen next, and more).  But, to be frank, the blood and guts stuff makes me feel sick--this drama is too violent to the point that it's kinda offensive. 

I want to like this drama but I'm genuinely having a hard time and I'm fast-forwarding through large sections of it because I can't watch at all if I don't.  So, yeah, you could say that I'm a wimp.  Gonna keep trying to watch what I can because this drama is beautifully filmed (well, the parts that I've seen that aren't too gory) and because the acting has been great so far and because the storyline seems really interesting.

It's kinda cool seeing talented actors that I've noticed in other dramas--one of my favorites thus far is Jung Jin Young (Hwal's adoptive father); he's so talented, and the role I remember him best from in the past is the king from The King and the Clown.  I'm also enjoying scenes with Park Myung Shin (the shaman)--she has been an amazing supporting actress in so many roles in other dramas.  It's great to watch actors who have such incredible range and who make me believe that they are the characters they portray.  Good actors will keep me watching a drama even when all else fails.

So I'm gonna try to stick around unless things get too excessively bloody or too impossibly tragic.

• Like 4

Bulgasal: Immortal Souls: Episodes 3-4 Open Thread

by missvictrix

Bul0304_1.jpg

Our sorrowful tale continues as our immortal hero searches for the woman who stole his soul and destroyed his life. As our hero is discovering, though, fate looks very different in the present day. Those who he thought he knew as friends and enemies in the past take on new and different roles in their most recent reincarnations.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

I’m glad I’m not the only one that enjoyed Bulgasal’s opening week — and yay, I liked the drama even more this week as it settles into the present-day storyline and returns to our hero and his quest. All the backstory we got in the premiere week comes in handy. Indeed, it’s necessary as our hero meets and re-meets the characters of the past, and finds himself in an unexpected position when it comes to the ex-bulgasal woman he’s been waiting to exact his revenge on.

But first, we learn a little more about Sang-eon and her little sister and how they’ve lived on the run from the monsters ever since the night their family was murdered. Sang-eon is at a huge disadvantage, though, because not only is she missing all the memories of the past (that her twin had), but she also can’t seem to remember the final guiding words of her sister before her death. It’s a great little catch in the story, that her whole mission to stay alive and slay the bulgasal relies on only fragments of memories. Sang-eon remembers the phrase, “a sword to kill the bulgasal,” and has been searching through artifacts for the right sword, but never gets any closer.

Speaking of getting closer (literally), Hwal is finally able to locate Sang-eon thanks to them both being at the apartment where her family was slaughtered 15 years ago. (Yeah, it’s improbable that the murder scene would look exactly the same 15 years later, but we’ll let that one slide).

Sang-eon’s story seems to be one of all these minor trips and hiccups that keep her in danger. For instance, at the apartment, she accidentally leaves behind a hair tie, and that’s comes in handy for Hwal.

When he finds her at her remote laundry facility job, though, she’s already being hunted by one of the reincarnated monsters who’s been following her scent for years. Props to Sang-eon for being super brave in the face of circumstances she’s not even close to understanding, and these monster chase scenes are nail-biting! Lucky for Sang-eon, this time Hwal is there to step in and save her life.

As all of this is unfolding, we get a lot more context than we had in our first week, and a whole score of flashbacks that more fully cement what is at stake for Hwal. The story’s logic is pretty cool: the monsters that existed back at the dawn of Joseon are now reincarnated as humans, but they’re all insane psychopaths that still kill humans. And as for Hwal, he’s been keeping busy doing what he says is the only thing he knows how to do: kill monsters.

Those monsters are after Sang-eon’s soul, which is actually his old soul, and the monsters can smell it and that’s how they hunt her — but interestingly, Hwal can’t (since it was his) — hence the disadvantage he’s at. We also learn that he has indeed kept his promise to his father, and hasn’t fed on human blood in all these centuries. Instead, he’s provided animal blood (by the shaman who’s reincarnated and helps him) to stay alive.

In a great Hwal moment (and there are many), he says that he’s still chasing after the woman that stole his soul for one reason: atonement. And though a little heavy-handed with the frequent flashbacks, we see Hwal really mourning for the life he once had — his wife, his children, his father, and the way they were all pulled into his fate. Similarly, we get this deep dark quest feeling as we follow Hwal along, and it only adds to the epicness.

With all of that under our belts, we’re in for a fantastic reveal. Hwal saves Sang-eon at the laundry facility, and she’s been simultaneously trying to get in touch with her little sister who turns up at the scene. Whammo! It’s MIN SI-HO (Gong Seung-yeon)… but it’s also his wife from the past. Si-ho gets the creeps, Hwal just stands there in shock and agony and longing, and the girls soon run away. I probably should have seen this coming with the way they were being kind of cagey about Si-ho, but I literally gasped at this reveal. So fun!

Hwal is turned upside down by this: not because he didn’t expect to run into her reincarnation, and more because he can’t believe the twist of fate. His wife is now the sister of his sworn enemy. Hwal remembers (and then remembers again) the fated words of the shaman: “As long as the retribution continues they will be intertwined with you either as enemies or as friends.”

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/12/bulgasal-immortal-souls-episodes-3-4-open-thread/

• Like 5

I am not sure what is going on with the wife. Did we know what was wrong with her hand in the previous life. I know she had bandages around her hands, but not why.  

I think she has the power of clairvoyance, but only activates when she touches other people with her bare hands (will they explain how she got that power in the first place? Let's hope so). It seems her present self inherited some of that power since she has visions.

Edited by Kathia
  • Like 5

I just realized the flashback that Hwal had in Ep 1 after meeting Bulgasal(Sang-Un) in the forest before his men and family got killed was that she was the one who gave him that scar on his right hand. She stabbed his hand. He had some vision of the  same cave that she also had in Ep 3 when she was almost killed by the reincarnated noose monster . I guess we would have to wait for this scene flashback of what happened then.  spacer.png

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bleu Winter said:

I guess we would have to wait for this scene flashback of what happened then. 

i'm almost sure she was not the one that killed his familly...she seems like she watched over him ...she did save him when he was a child...he is her sword in a old fight against the other bulgasal

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i'm almost sure she was not the one that killed his familly...she seems like she watched over him ...she did save him when he was a child...he is her sword in a old fight against the other bulgasal

Yes, I think so too. She doesn't look a killer in the past as well and she did save him twice when he was a child. I think she stabbed him in his previous birth so the scar was on his hand when he was born. Same like how he gave her scars by stabbing her after she took his soul.

• Like 5

'Invincible' Lee Jin-wook, Kwon Nara, and Kim Woo-seok start living together in a strange way

2021123137268524.jpg

inwook Lee, Nara Kwon, and Wooseok Kim start a strange cohabitation.

Before the 5th episode of tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'Invincible' (play Kwon So-ra, Seo Jae-won/Director Jang Young-woo/Producer Studio Dragon, Show Runners), Min Sang-woon (Kwon Nara) and Nam Do-yoon ( Kim Woo-seok) was caught together, and interest is stimulated by an unexpected combination.

In the last broadcast, the existence of another indestructible Ok Eul-tae (Lee Joon) was revealed, giving a shock of reversal. In addition, Dan-hwal tried to get revenge on Min Sang-woon, the reincarnation of a woman who lived for 600 years, but when she learned that the fire-salt that killed her family in her childhood was Jade Tae, she rather asked Dan-hwa for help.

In addition, the fact that Dansol (Gong Seung-yeon), Dan-hwal's wife, was reincarnated as Min Sang-woon's younger sister Min Si-ho (Gong Seung-yeon) was revealed, and her past relationship was newly reconstructed from her present life.

In such a chaotic situation, Dan-hwal first puts Min Sang-woon, who was almost killed by Ok Eul-tae, by his side, and sets out to understand the situation. However, in this way, an unexpected one-roof life unfolds after he is quarantined in his own house and monitored.

Not only that, Namdo Yoon, who had been begging her to live in Danhwal's house because she has nowhere to go, is guarding the front door where she is, attracting her attention. However, he is starting the chat with a playful face as if he has forgotten his duty (?), and curiosity is rising at this encounter where he does not know where to go.

In another photo, Dan-hwal and Min Sang-woon are in a tight confrontation, creating a sense of tension. For some reason, Dan-hwal is holding her wrist and restraining it, and Min Sang-woon is looking up at him without losing it.

Dan-hwal, who wants revenge for 600 years, Min Sang-woon, who lost his memories of his previous life, and asked for help. As they are intertwined, anticipation is growing as to what kind of story will unfold in the future.

On the other hand, the 5th episode of tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Invincible' will be broadcast on January 1, 2022 at 9:00 PM.

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=217520

https://m.breaknews.com/860698

• Like 3

20 hours ago, andy78 said:

Yes, agreed. After few nights of thinking, Eul Tae is the most blameworthy man. (Hahaha I'm seriously thinking about the candidate of the most probable killer)

So I fantasized the theory of "Hwal's Karma" - could his over and over mistake was blaming Sang Un as the one who murdered his family, instead of the other person.

:neutral:

• Like 3

Lee Jin Wook, Kwon Nara, And Kim Woo Seok Begin A Dangerous Cohabitation In “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 1, 2022
by C. Hong

tvN has released new stills of “Bulgasal” ahead of its upcoming episode!

“Bulgasal” is a fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that does not die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara stars as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Spoilers

The previous episode introduced a twist in the form of Ok Eul Tae (Lee Joon), another bulgasal. For 600 years, Dan Hwal pursued revenge against Min Sang Woon, the bulgasal who used him to turn herself into a human. But when Min Sang Woon learns it was actually Ok Eul Tae who was responsible for her family’s death in her childhood, she pleads for his help instead. Meanwhile, they learn that Dan Hwal’s wife, Dan Sol (Gong Seung Yeon), has been reincarnated as Min Si Ho, Min Sang Woon’s younger sister in this present life.

In the middle of this chaos, Dan Hwal decides to assess the situation while keeping Min Sang Woon close, who is being threatened by Ok Eul Tae. Nam Do Yoon (Kim Woo Seok), who had been begging Dan Hwal to let him stay at his house forever, also appears on the scene, making an awkward trio living under the same roof. Although Nam Do Yoon keeps things light, there is still deep tension between Dan Hwal and Min Sang Woon.

lee-jin-wook-bulgasal.jpeg

kwon-nara-bulgasal.jpeg

Spoiler

kim-woo-seok-bulgasal.jpeg

lee-jin-wook-kwon-nara-bulgasal.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1506513wpp/lee-jin-wook-kwon-nara-and-kim-woo-seok-begin-a-dangerous-cohabitation-in-bulgasal

• Like 4