[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

The new Bulgasal said it's a curse of 1000 years and Hwal has only lived for 600 years. So, we have at least 400 years or one lifetime of information missing. If a Bulgasal can kill another, then why did Sang Woon stab and steal Hwal's soul initially? We have a lot of backstory to cover. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

we have at least 400 years or one lifetime of information missing. If a Bulgasal can kill another, then why did Sang Woon stab and steal Hwal's soul initially? We have a lot of backstory to cover. 

yes there is more...i can't wait to know more about her ...seems she chose him to be the'' sword ''that kills the evil Bulgasal  i bet she was not the one that killed his familly...

• Like 1

This show has me completely in its hooks.  I can't wait to delve in further into its story.

Why do I feel like the student is a reincarnation of his son???  Anyone else feel the same?

6 hours ago, andy78 said:

yes there is more...i can't wait to know more about her ...seems she chose him to be the'' sword ''that kills the evil Bulgasal  i bet she was not the one that killed his familly...

@andy78I think there could be more to the backstory.  Seems that the lives of the two bulgasal and her are all intertwined from even further back!  I can't wait to see the story unfold!

• Like 3

I think the student is a reincarnation of his son as well.

tvN’s “Bulgasal” saw a slight drop with an average nationwide rating of 4.1 percent after recording 4.8 percent on the previous day.

“Young Lady And Gentleman” Sets Personal Best Rating + Sunday Night Dramas See Tight Competition From Lim Young Woong’s Show | KdramaBuddy

• Like 4

I didnt understand if Dark Hole killed the girls with umbrellas and if he made the nooses.  :unsure:

I love the last scene..Hwal's  hands looked like  monster hands but he held SW so gently.

Sang Woon finally remembered the part of the conversation with her sister and she saw 

the killer of her family.  

Siho's boyfriend and her pregnancy look mysterious.  

KakaoTalk_Photo_2021-12-16-13-29-24_014_

https://m.post.naver.com/my.naver?memberNo=43803149

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I love the last scene..Hwal's  hands looked like  monster hands but he held SW so gently.

me too...i read his hate will turn to love later...i can't wait to watch their story...i wonder who is her sister boyfriend too...i hope is not a monster

• Like 4

9 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I didnt understand if Dark Hole killed the girls with umbrellas and if he made the nooses.  :unsure:

There is a different monster that creates the nooses.  He is the one that fought Hwal in the warehouse, under all that water.  

I especially love that scene as well.  It tore at me when she was asking for his help and his eyes turned from red to normal.  The tragedy of their past is going to make this soooo deliciously heartwrenching. 

• Like 5

Im glad that Hwal isnt alone in the present.

His talks with the old lady from the past are refreshing. I love the humor.  

Then there is Doyoon and now Hwal will meet SW's family.  

the scene in the woods when Eul Tae chased Sang Woon made me laugh.

The monster said in a calm voice that he wanted to offer her a ride.   

FHnbbcZXIAQjrhD?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 4

I never expect this drama is soo good! Haven't watch episode 4 yet but looking at the historical background of this drama, we are introduced another mystical creature that is not well-know for international audience. All the actor and actress are superb! 

• Like 2

With the revelation that it is only Hwal who can kill a Bulgasal, I always wondered if that was the reason why the female Bulgasal kept saving him when he was younger? Then again, she stabbed him in the end and spouted all those things about this being his fault and how he brought about another retribution so I am now confused!

I am very curious about Eul Tae's connection to Sang Woon. Was he the one who turned her into a Bulgasal in the past? He may have been a jilted lover that's why he has so much contempt for her. 

• Like 1

Min Si-Ho is pregnant and her boyfriend's profile is narrated. Or Could it be Eul-Tae? Naaahhh ...

It made wonder if in previous life, Hwal's Son (the blind boy) is not his biological?

Sang-Un in previous life was a Bulgasal, If she can be a Bulgasal again in 2021 I wonder what will trigger her in becoming a "Lady Bulgasal" maybe a kiss from Hwal? or After Hwal drinks her blood? or a kiss from King Eul-Tae?

Oh I love this kind of Vampire love story.

Yes I also love the scene when Monster Hwal's hand holding on to Sang Un's face. 

Eul-Tae running away with a sword inside him is just looks like Goblin - Hahaha

• Like 1

Lee Joon Makes First Appearance in Episode 4 of Bulgasal and K-netizens are Swooning Over His Cool Evil Character

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/12/27/lee-joon-makes-first-appearance-in-episode-4-of-bulgasal-and-k-netizens-are-swooning-over-his-cool-evil-character/

'Invincible' Lee Jun, the impact of the main villain who exploded... Greatest character expectations

2021122709263404381d3244b4fed58141237161

Actor Lee Jun raised the tension of the play in an instant with his first almost shocking appearance in 'Invincible'.

In the 4th episode of tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Invincible', aired on the 26th, with the first appearance of Ok Eul-tae (Lee Jun), the relationship with Dan-hwal (Lee Jin-wook) and Min Sang-woon (Kwon Nara) was revealed little by little. As the three of them pursued each other and continued to be pursued, the story developed rapidly.

On this day's broadcast, Eul-Tae appeared in plain and plain clothes in front of Sang-Woon, who visited his grandmother's nursing home. Eul-tae introduced himself to Sang-woon as an employee of the nursing home care department and said, "I will drive you to the bus stop."

Sang-woon hurriedly ran into the forest, and Eul-tae leisurely set out to find Sang-woon. Sang-woon, who hid in the car Eul-tae was driving and avoided himself, was soon caught by Eul-tae. Eultae said, “Wow, it runs fast. However, this is the end of it.” He said with a creepy smile. Eul-tae shows the black hole in his chest to Sang-woon why he wants to harm him and says, "I have to kill you. Because of this,” he replied coldly.

At this time, Bow rushed into the car and blew up Eul-tae in an instant. However, Eul-tae, who seemed dead, was soon resurrected, took off the glasses he was wearing, threw away the blood-stained jacket as if it was bothersome, and reappeared in front of the bow.

Eul-tae wiped the blood from his face and said in a calm tone, "Is this the first time we've seen each other face to face?" said to the bow. Eul-tae, who introduced himself as “the only treasure that survived the annihilation of the precious treasures of Joseon,” started a fierce battle with the bow, saying that he owes Sang-woon a debt. In the end, Eul-tae bit the bow's neck and sucked his blood and knocked it down. Danhwal, who had previously shown great power, was easily destroyed in front of Ok Eultae.

Then, the moment Eul-Tae caught Sang-Woon, who had run away, and tried to steal her soul, the bow that had fallen was revived, and Eul-Tae's chest suddenly turned dark red and blood began to flow from the black hole. Eul-tae, who was strangling Sang-woon, was hit by a sword thrown by a bow and was in danger, and disappeared into the forest leaving the words “See you again” to Sang-woon.

Lee Jun appeared for the first time after the middle of episode 4 of 'Invincible' and performed an acting that truly overwhelms the entire story. Lee Jun, who first appeared in front of Kwon Nara in a sincere and good-looking outfit and tone, gradually changed his eyes and created a sense of fear. In particular, Lee Jun showed off the madness of the 'main villain' by running wild while maintaining a casual tone that contrasts with his flashing eyes.

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202112270069

• Like 1

I haven't watched op 4 yet and maybe I've missed something but I'm confused. The sister that died (this was my last chance...) was the one with the sword scar, was she not? Youngest sister is obviously Hwal's wife. Who is Sang Woon then and why does she have the features of the bulgasal fromm the past? Surely that should have been the older sister had she survived?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valhad said:

The sister that died (this was my last chance...) was the one with the sword scar, was she not? Youngest sister is obviously Hwal's wife. Who is Sang Woon then and why does she have the features of the bulgasal from the past? Surely that should have been the older sister had she survived?

I have the same question as you. I thought the older sister who died was Sang Woon cuz she carried all the past memories. Perhaps we missed something, hopefully someone can enlighten us.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yanki222 said:

I have the same question as you. I thought the older sister who died was Sang Woon cuz she carried all the past memories. Perhaps we missed something, hopefully someone can enlighten us.

I have an interpretation. Sang Woon has been reincarnated as one person throughout the years. But in the current timeline, she got reincarnated as twins. Therefore, the features she carried with her throughout the centuries got split. The older twin had the scar and the memories, and the younger twin had the soul. That's the only way I see it.

And I also think that the high school boy is the son. Maybe the younger sister's unborn child is the daughter that died too?

Btw, I finally made an account! I've been following soompi for years now. I love reading the discussions, but never felt the urge to sign in. Nice to meet you all!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kathia said:

Sang Woon has been reincarnated as one person throughout the years. But in the current timeline, she got reincarnated as twins. Therefore, the features she carried with her throughout the centuries got split. The older twin had the scar and the memories, and the younger twin had the soul. That's the only way I see it.

yes i read an article that did confirm bulgasal who took the soul was reincarnated as twin sisters. Sangyeon can remember the past and had the scar from Danhwal, but Sangwon is the one who had the "scent of soul".

• Like 1