[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

Questions Waiting To Be Answered In The Final Episode Of “Bulgasal”

There’s only one episode left of tvN’s fantasy drama “Bulgasal”!

“Bulgasal” stars Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that does not die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara stars as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Here are some questions that will be answered in the final episode of this epic tale.

First of all, the story of what happened one thousand years ago will finally come to light, as everyone who has a connection to Dan Hwal and Min Sang Woon in the present day had also met them a thousand years prior.

Ok Eul Tae (Lee Joon) had been tossed aside by his father Kwon Ho Yeol (Jung Jin Young) and subsequently became a bulgasal himself after taking Dan Hwal’s soul in his quest for power. Furthermore, Min Si Ho (Gong Seung Yeon) stabbed Dan Hwal in her past life, but in Dan Hwal’s life as a human 600 years ago she was his wife and Nam Do Yoon (Kim Woo Seok) was their son. This connection extends to the present day, where they resemble some sort of family. Viewers are curious to find out the meaning behind this ironical situation.

The question still lingers of what really happened a thousand years ago. What happened to cause the woman who had gotten along so well with Dan Hwal to have feelings for a human, and why did Dan Hwal explode with anger? In addition, the reason why Kwon Ho Yeol, Min Si Ho, and Nam Do Yoon attacked Dan Hwal is still unknown, and the past life of Lee Hye Seok (Park Myung Shin) has yet to be revealed.

Spoiler

Bulgasal2.jpg

Another key point to look out for is Dan Hwal’s transformation in the present day. In the previous episode, Ok Eul Tae tried to trap him in the well, but Dan Hwal ended up falling in instead. 600 years ago, Kwon Ho Yeol, being his adoptive father, made him swear to live as a human and not live off of people’s blood. However, in this life, he told Dan Hwal to take his own blood in order to stop Ok Eul Tae from killing Min Sang Woon.

When Lee Hye Seok was possessed by the shaman, she foretold that the evil spirit that drank his father’s blood would rise from the black well. Just as predicted, Dan Hwal’s gaze turned piercing and ghastly like that of an evil spirit, as if his cruel nature from a thousand years ago had sprung to the surface once more. Viewers are waiting on the edges of their seats to find out if he will be able to save Min Sang Woon and bring the tale to a satisfying close.

The last episode of “Bulgasal” airs on February 6 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1511638wpp/questions-waiting-to-be-answered-in-the-final-episode-of-bulgasal

WAITING FOR THE ANSWERS...

5 hours ago, Kathia said:

So, what was the point for ET to dress as Sangasal and kill Hwal's family? Was it a means for Hwal to kill her and turn into a bulgasal? If so, it proves how cunning ET is. ET was the one who was supposed to switch places with Hwal once he was born as human. But he got greedy and powerful, and decided to carry an evil plan and use Sangasal instead to switch places with Hwal...

I THINK YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT...

• Like 5

“Bulgasal” Heads Into Finale On Steady Ratings Amidst 2022 Winter Olympics

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 6, 2022
by E. Cha

Even with the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics kicking off this weekend, tvN’s “Bulgasal” has managed to hold steady!

On February 5, the fantasy drama—which has just one episode left in its run—maintained its viewership from its previous broadcast last week. According to Nielsen Korea, the penultimate episode of “Bulgasal” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.7 percent: the same as its episode from last Sunday.

An epic saga that spans more than 600 years, “Bulgasal” stars Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara stars as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

The series finale of “Bulgasal” will air on February 6 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1511630wpp/bulgasal-heads-into-finale-on-steady-ratings-amidst-2022-winter-olympics

• Like 5

Well, it is certain that the curse will end, since Si Ho is pregnant and I bet we will see her daughter born alive this time around. Maybe it's enough if Hwal lets go of his grudge and forgives everyone? He is receiving so much love from the others...especially Sang Woon. He should realize that she never stopped loving him and discuss what happened with her. And Ms. Lee prophesy was about the soul going back to his owner, then somehow it will pass from Sang Woon to Euk Tal, and Sang Woon will be bulgasal again. Just hope Hwal doesn't die and we get a happy ending with them together and not just the promise that they will meet again sometime in the distant future...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Просто надеюсь, что Хвал не умрет, и мы получим счастливый конец с ними вместе, а не просто обещание, что они снова встретятся когда-нибудь в далеком будущем...

it's so trite and uninteresting.

• Unamused 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

So that's the end: REINCARNATION FOR HWAL AND SANGWOON AS THEY DESERVED IT!

But i didn't like the ending... so rushed! They gave the story all the reason to end in the correct way but my SangHwal moments where are they? I can't believe it!:facepalm:

I know they will fall in love again but a little bit of their life had to be shown! It was a really good drama with amazing acting and cinematography and a great potential about the lovelines but they have lost it!:sad1:

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

so sang-un apparently

Spoiler

watched sihoand  doyoon growed up ...even protected them from danger...She even left HWAL for them ...The shaman was their adoptive mom ...lady bulgasal left them in front of her door Hwal killed everybody for her ...they did hurt her a lot...To end the curse he did sacrificed himself...he died in her arms ...too bad that jerk hurt her...later she dies too but first let SIHO to watch what happened...Siho has a baby,Doyon went to school and married ... 50 years later they meet again (SW and HWAL)...THEY ARE HUMANS AND DON'T REMEMBER THE PAST BUT FEEL LIKE THEY MET BEFORE ...in every lifetime they are meant to meet each other...

5 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

amazing acting and cinematography and a great potential about the lovelines but they have lost it!

I AGREE WITH YOU ...I CAN'T WAIT THE SUBTITLES

MORE OTP MOMENTS ...ET GOT TOO  MUCH TIME SCREEN

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I CRIED SO MUCH

Loved the casts chemistry from good to evil characters . DRAMA deserves so much more! They did a great job...

4 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

I wish they had elaborated on the 1000 years ago story in episode 15

and in episode 16 they elaborated more on new beginnings for "Hwal and Sangwoon"

mee too...too bad they did not do it

yes one more ep or at least 30 min more

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

I wish they had elaborated on the 1000 years ago story in episode 15

and in episode 16 they elaborated more on new beginnings for "Hwal and Sangwoon"

Dang I could not even catch their new names !!!

I am really angry that they elaborated the 1000 years ago story for like more that 30 minutes LOL

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

But, I wonder if the 'new' Sangwoon is a distant relative of Siho or a direct descendant.

Me too...SIHO never wanted to leave that house(her daughter told her they should move to a new house ,but she did not do it)...She kept waiting for SW and Hwal return

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, thistle said:

The ending sounds incredibly disappointing.

I feared the most a Goblin end...what saved the end for me  was the actors chemistry...you could feel their love...

unique way to say they love each other...indeed...

• Like 8

Wowwwww!!! 

What a love story between Hawl and Sang Woon, even until the end no kissing scene!!! What was that??? 

Anyways, I'm okay with the ending. At least they finally meet again AS HUMANS. But not that satisfied as it ends when they meet for the first time. Great, writer-nim. We want SEASON 2!

• Like 9

Why/how did Hwa Yeon Split her memories??? and how was it she remembers then but not now???
Was bulgalady always gonna try to kill Hwal 600 yrs ago to end the curse?

Where's the beach hug scene??? You promised!!!

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Jinuk legit tasted more of Lee Joon's skin than Nara's wtf???

Edit: And wait so the soul in SU will always be ET's from now??? where monsters??? And where Hwal's soul harvested from???

Im just gonna go with my theory that since she never knew he was human, she stabbed him 600 yrs ago when she saw dead siho and doyoon to finally end the curse, and was shocked she got the human soul instead. Kim HY said she gotta make the bulgas stab each to end the curse, but she split her mem so that a fresh slate SU could make Hwal end it, instead of a SY who remembers and still bears the grudge all these years. 

Damn they really rushed the ending didnt they

Edited by JustforBulgasal
  • Like 7

Finally Bulgasal has come to an end. 

Thank you chingus for entertaining with all kinds of theories. We shall meet again in a different drama! It's ok even if the ending was too short for the leads to meet again, they still did as humans instead of bulgasals. Lesson learnt for Hwal : do not curse someone when you are angry. You will regret 400 years later, and 1000 years later. He only understood Sang Woon's reason for stabbing herself was to save those people especially Si Ho and Do Yoon from his curse. Fact was both of them wouldn't die as long as they don't get stabbed at the same time in their heart. If Hwal could have kept his head cool, then he could have just took SW and walked away.  

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, JustforBulgasal said:

Edit: And wait so the soul in SU will always be ET's from now??? where monsters??? And where Hwal's soul harvested from???

Hwal: "Bulgasal can't reincarnate"
SU:" I don't care! reincarnate somehow!"
"Ask the King of the underworld to give you another life !"

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1