[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

5 minutes ago, Bleu Winter said:

Probably reborn Hwal got killed by ET who was planning to become a true bulgasal but that's when Sangasal intervened  and finally turning Hwal back to bulgasal.

arghhh its ep 14 but we still dont have the answer or even a clue to a few things. 
1. It doesnt seem like ET was killing Hwal all those 400 years, as he orchestrated the whole thing so that lady bulga would be there to give her soul instead. So why did she stab Hwal, having had saved him as a child meaning she recognises him?
(i think a counter argument that ET was killing Hwal before that to become true bulga is that a soul can only be destroyed 8 times before its gone forever. Since he destroyed the soul in SU 7 times so far, it means he never destroyed it in Hwal before, maybe only killed him but not destroy the soul)
2. How did Kim HY Split her soul and memories?
3. why did kim hwayeon said both bulga have to stab each other?
4. How did SIho's powers come to be?
5. Why is Hwal born without memories while SU's past did?
6. If ET and Hwal were 'friends' (i guess they were at least talking even if it meant lies) why did ET want to turn the village against Sangasal? He thinks he can be bulga by killing her?
7. How is Shaman lady time travelling? and why did she lose her memories at 5?

8. How did bulga come to be???
Seems a stretch to answer all of these and the other theories we had in 2 eps.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

34 minutes ago, JustforBulgasal said:

6. If ET and Hwal were 'friends' (i guess they were at least talking even if it meant lies) why did ET want to turn the village against Sangasal? He thinks he can be bulga by killing her?

Maybe ET liked Hwalgasal more than Sangasal. 

From ET's point of view, he pitied himself for :

1. Father loving his half brother more

2. Hwalgasal choosing to save Sangasal 

3. Sang Woon choosing to trust Hwal

4. DY choosing Hwal

Everyone loved others but him from his point of view but 

It was his soul that his father choose to save 600 years ago though Hwal was having it. 

I think ET just distorts the truth.

If ET had a good heart he would have been chosen by his father but he pitied himself and choose the wrong path by killing his brother and lying further to cover up all his bad deeds..

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 2

I feel relieved that DY & SH are alive...

The scenes where Hwal reminisced his memory with Mrs. Lee is so heartbreaking :tears:. He was never even once consoled her on her hard time because He kept remember that She was the one who told the villagers to kill him 600 years ago. Now when She's dead, He is regret for not being kind to her and HE ACTUALLY CONSIDERS HER AS HIS OWN DAUGHTER.

Love the consoling scene between SU-Hwal. Poor man finally loose and want to embrace back. Life has always been hard for him and He is always alone. 

The fact that Hwal really asked ET to turn him into bulgasal 1000 years ago is really shocking me (ET is not lying for this one !!!). My theory is He asked ET him self to turn him into burgasal so that He could reunite again with Sanggasal but instead ET came with a sly idea by luring Sanggasal to be the one exchanging place with Hwal. 

And the preview....At first I thought Hwal really betrayed Sang Woon but I think and I REALLY HOPE... that He is just luring ET to believe him.  Hwal probably lied to Sang Woon that He's gonna lock EY inside the well but his real plan is still same, He's gonna die together with ET. However if the writer really make a new twist by making Hwal a bad guy..I have no word :ph34r:

So far We thought that ET is the one killed the detective's monster father but now it's revealed that it's Hwal. I think  his sister died because She basically has a weak body and  at that time they were too close with the Bulgasal. Now..will the detective repeat the same mistake like what happened 1000 years ago? I hope this time his decision will be different to mark the change of their repeated ill-fate.

And the junior detective...I think this time He will be a good guy? He was asked to report anything about ET so I think He will do it...

@skinnyjeans welcomeeeee

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, Bleu Winter said:

I think ET just distorts the truth.

If ET had a good heart he would have been chosen by his father but he pitied himself and choose the wrong path by killing his brother and lying further to cover up all his bad deeds..

i could not agree more...he is CAIN that killed his brother...there is something more...he looked worried that SW started to remember...i hope they won't let everything for the last 10 min. of ep 16

• Like 4

1 hour ago, illay said:

The fact that Hwal really asked ET to turn him into bulgasal 1000 years ago is really shocking me (ET is not lying for this one !!!). My theory is He asked ET him self to turn him into burgasal so that He could reunite again with Sanggasal but instead ET came with a sly idea by luring Sanggasal to be the one exchanging place with Hwal. 

Exactly my thought!!! We need to see the complete story about 1000yr ago because right now i'm a little disappointed about SangHwal development, i mean, i would like to know why they are dragging so much the story about them in love 1000 yr ago and why Si-ho is not aware about her past relationship with Hwal!

I want 20 minutes of happiness in ep 16 even if there will be reincarnation's route but i want Hwal and Sangwoon together!:please:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, illay said:

My theory is He asked ET him self to turn him into burgasal so that He could reunite again with Sanggasal but instead ET came with a sly idea by luring Sanggasal to be the one exchanging place with Hwal. 

You could be right...there are also people that say that maybe she wanted to free Hwal from his curse ...she always protected him...

• Like 5

9 hours ago, skinnyjeans said:

But, there are still many questions that need to be answered, like was SW also a Bulgasal back then? If both of them are Bulgasal, who killed DH? was it SW? But how come she was still alive while he  died? Didn't it need Bulgasal to kill Bulgasal and they should die together?? And why DH made ET Bulgasal? 

Hopefully we find some other pieces of puzzles in tonight episode.

Yes, Sang Woon was a bulgasal 1000 years ago (also 600 years ago). You can see her eyes when she saved two villagers from ET (the scene when ET killed his brother). And she was still alive because Hwalgasal didn't die as a bulgasal. He took ET's heart (soul) and ET turned into a bulgasal, meaning that Hwalgasal was no longer a bulgasal and perished (meant to be reborn as human). For a bulgasal to die, they both have to die at the same time as the same species. Hwalgasal made ET bulgasal most probably to save Sangasal, because if he died as bulgasal, Sangasal would die as well (this one is my theory).

• Like 5

FL is so good to all in the present even in the past and badass, she want protect at all cost her sister and the people, she shown so many emotions and she is so powerful and beautiful
ML love her a lot, everybody see this
FL IS THE BEST CHARACTER HERE, Nara does a really fantastic JOB

i adore also the rest of characters

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I am still at Episode 13. Wanted to see if we'll get some significant developments before the finale week. As it turns out... the writers are really dragging the final revelations until the last two episodes.:joy:

Eul Tae's disappointment at being betrayed by Hwal screams more than just "friendship" back then. Like he was fixated at being Hwal's lifetime companion... only there was BulgaLady in the way. She was always the calming presence in Hwal's life even before.

Also, Si Ho and Do Yoon were those kids from 1,000 years ago huh? They may have ended up as mother and son in one lifetime but basically they are treated as kids... and as a package deal, like they're siblings.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

16 hours ago, Bleu Winter said:

Hwalgasal did mention that he can't die like this to Eul Tae, and that's why he ripped ET's heart and took his soul and then died, requesting favor from ET to find him from the scar on his right hand, given by his beloved to turn him back to bulgasal once he is reborn. 

Maybe it just my opinion but I think 1000 years ago Hwal is a selfish person and wanted everything for himself. Eul Tea might be an oppurtunis and become more and more evil because he wanted to live forever and at the end he is lonely and still hoping people will love him (Do Yon, his father (detective Kwon), Hwal). If you asked me Hwal and Eul Tea just the same but how the story potray them of couse Hwal is the good and Eul Tea is the evil one.

I'm still unsatisfatied about the existance of Bulgasal not mentioned (why they exist at the first place and what are they) still left unanswered. Like I said before we might get the answer in the final two episode. I love the drama but the storyline line dragged to much. Hwal want to make sure his family is happy but at the same time having conflict of emotion with Sang Woon, we still unsure what actually happen 1000 years ago and one can see Hwal shown no regret when he perished 1000 years ago.

Ms Lee dead is the most traumatic one, Hwal hated her because of her propercy but he should know better that after reborn, the person is not the same as her/his previous life and now he is paying the price for neglecting Ms Lee. Ms Lee is a sad character, she wanted to be loved and taken care of but in the end, she is the one take care of Hwal and his reborn family. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

This episode was so much better than the previous ones, I love when the show gives the secondary characters more time to shine and that's what we got in this one, I'm gonna say it I also find their acting a lot better compared to the leads, idk if it's that they are weak actors or if the writing and directing is to blame.

But why oh why are most characters written to be so stupid most of the time, especially Sangun. Why was she more concerned about not taking care of Mrs Lee's body than to save her own sister whose life is in danger? Her sister is literally missing and she doesn't feel the rush to go and save her when she has the physical evidence right in front of her eyes of what could happen to her? Why didn't she just call Hwal when she sensed the monster as if she can do anything on her own? And the fact she is unsure about Hwal NOW just makes me laugh, I get it's due to her gaining some memories back but back then he literally constantly told her how he wants to kill her and she was totally fine with it and already warming up to him.

• Like 3

Dear Chingus, we are back with an exciting Quick Poll!:wow1:

Many of our favourite dramas will be on a hiatus. While we wait for our dramas to air, let us experience the thrill of Winter Olympics. Do participate in the poll and let us know about your favourite events that never fail to give you the adrenalin rush. :highonflowers:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Hwal and his an angel guardian.... 

i love the scene so much...

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

.maybe he was afraid she might say

something else..   

i'm almost sure you're right...i think he has no wish to return in being human...he loves his life as bulgasal...maybe he wants to kill SW so he can still be bulgasal with HWAL...Maybe Lady Bulgasal  wanted him to be in pain forever...she did see him killing his brother that day...and maybe realized what he did to her and Hwal

• Like 5

finally got to watch ep 13 and 14..

at least now we know,

1000 years ago-

Sang Woon was already a bulgasal pair with Hwal..

the dark hole curse on Eul Tae is casted by Hwal when he took the soul from him (the soul, still looks like a tiny chicken heart to me lol).. Hwal dissipated in golden ashes on the spot and probably got reincarnated as a human freely in a cycle of 400 years before he finally started his final mission 600 years as the current one 

speculation by several chingus-

the villagers probably hunt down Hwal and Sang Woon 1000 years ago.. Sang Woon could be seriously injured somewhere, dying.. there were already 2 swords pierced into Hwal before he did the soul ritual with Eul Tae, to keep Sang Woon alive.. 

so Sang Woon didn't die cos Eul Tae became her other half soul, she might have stayed close to protect every reincarnation of Hwal until 600 years ago.. but what happened between Eul Tae and Sang Woon during the 400 years?

also, Sang Woon seemed to have gained some incredulous strength when she got stabbed in the car.. was there a bulgasal trace within her that could be awakened?

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

Sang Woon seemed to have gained some incredulous strength when she got stabbed in the car.. was there a bulgasal trace within her that could be awakened?

Maybe because ET was getting weaker so SW got stronger. 

• Like 6