[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

5 minutes ago, Kathia said:

That's a very interesting theory and I will go with it! I bet the villagers, Siho and Doyoon from 600 years ago were the same from the massacred people of 1000 years ago. As the shaman said, all those people have been intertwined with one another since then.

i think the prophecy the one who memories are hidden I think is hwai

• Like 4

I am confused after watching the latest 2 episodes and so I’m annoyed because it is the result of the show’s intentional pacing and withholding of info from us viewers. I felt the end of ep 12 is the first time that things was super predictable. 

Spoiler

The story is dragging - it could have been told in a more efficient and engaging way. There are some bits that keeps on repeating and ugh flashbacks of recent scenes!!! The intentional withholding of KEY information from the audience is super annoying since we are at ep 13 now!!

They are dragging us viewers along instead of really engaging us more intellectually and emotionally. I am glad DY is alive! This was what I liked the most. They better not make Shi-Ho evil! I knew that Hwal may have played a bigger part in his own fate earlier too. 

So was the original 1,000 years ago timeline - a super messy + bad communication love triangle that lead to the biggest misunderstanding ever?!?! Like ET loved Hwal who loved Sang-Un - who then cursed Hwal out of something and then Hwal made ET, who then blames Sang-Un and the cycle of hurting began? 

It’s just my theory lol 

• Like 5

Such beautiful scenes for our OTP in ep 12..     

Hwal and Sangun have enough strength and love to correct 

everything that happened.

He looked so innocent in that scene..   :D

FJzFSIuakAELWM7?format=jpg&name=360x360

The first scene in the bathroom, between Hwal and Sangun, was so sensual...

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I am dying to find out! I agree they're really dragging us along but oh well, at this point with a few episodes left, I'm all in haha. I'm glad their romance is more slow burn, it can't make sense any other way as he was hunting her down to kill her (and almost did) and she only had survival on her mind. Also this show has a good balance of everything for my husband and I to watch together! If it's too much romance he won't watch it. And the gore/violence/suspense/folklore stuff is balanced with the more light hearted, funny scenes. Honestly even through the violent scenes, as long as ET is in it, it can't be that serious. He has been so fun to watch and funny that he had said very early on to H that he got really good at pretending to be human, but I feel like with all his emotions and dramatics lately, he is the most human out of them lol. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Yinye said:

The story is dragging - it could have been told in a more efficient and engaging way.

I think the writers are kinda terrible at story pacing and with some of their narrating choices. I know there is this whole backstory between Sangun and Hwal and it's like they want me to be invested in it but they still haven't properly shown it to me so I'm not really able to, I just want to know what happened already. I wish they would've given us more about their time as bulgasal and much earlier too because that's so much more interesting than the present we currently have.

2 hours ago, Yinye said:

I didn’t feel the chemistry :(

They have more chemistry with literally every other character than with each other tbh.

Lee Joon is amazing I wish they'd give him more screen time than just 5 minutes.

• Like 4

On 1/23/2022 at 9:39 PM, andy78 said:

Today ep was the calm before the storm...yes will be hard for them to be together now that she remembers what happened 1000 years ago

i could not stop my tears

This scene :dissapointed_relieved: Hwal really was there for her even though he knew she was the shaman. Not sure if in the past how many years of her life how much she has prophecised and helped Hwal but he's basically her whole life. That "ahjussi~~" :tired:

6 hours ago, Fummagirl said:

i think the prophecy the one who memories are hidden I think is hwai

You are right! Evident in that last scene with Hwal smiling so nastily.

I'm so confused with what was going on and what was the role of Sang Un in that village 1000 years ago. I think the reed field scene was during 1000 years ago where Hwal first saw and was love-at-first-sight on Sang Un. And that maybe Sang Un back then didn't like that he was bulgasal? His one-sided love that maybe she didn't reciprocate made him mad and so he killed the whole village. And this goes back to Mrs. Lee's prophecy that they shouldn't have met because everyone in the present will die like in the village 1000 years ago. And then later on maybe Hwal regretted that decision and took Eul Tae's heart(?) and now he has a dark hole.

I think the show will play on the fact that now Sang Un loves Hwal. That change in her (and not anymore one-sided love from Hwal) will prevent everyone from dying like in the village. 

Aaaah, my brain! :scream: Lovely to see all the discussions here as this is one confusing drama haha. Romance aside, I'm really so hooked into the Bulgasal backstory!

• Like 6

one more thing i'm i the only one that think that maybe was not ET the one that  manipulated the memories of sangwoon, hwal to make them hate and kill each other but the SHAMAN?Maybe even ET memories...

10 minutes ago, Chesleigh said:

I think the show will play on the fact that now Sang Un loves Hwal. That change in her (and not anymore one-sided love from Hwal) will prevent everyone from dying like in the village. 

SEEMS SHE HAS one-sided love  for him now same way he did years ago

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Chesleigh said:

I'm so confused with what was going on and what was the role of Sang Un in that village 1000 years ago. I think the reed field scene was during 1000 years ago where Hwal first saw and was love-at-first-sight on Sang Un. And that maybe Sang Un back then didn't like that he was bulgasal? His one-sided love that maybe she didn't reciprocate made him mad and so he killed the whole village. And this goes back to Mrs. Lee's prophecy that they shouldn't have met because everyone in the present will die like in the village 1000 years ago. And then later on maybe Hwal regretted that decision and took Eul Tae's heart(?) and now he has a dark hole.

So, you're saying that Sang Woon was human at first? But that doesn't make sense, because we've seen through flashbacks that Sang Woon was the Lady Bulgasal that appeared before human Eul Tae to save the two villagers. If she was a bulgasal 1000 years ago, then she wasn't a human.

I still believe Eul Tae deceived everyone. He encountered Lady Bulgasal, who saved the two villagers, all of them were witnesses to his crime. Then, he went to his father and said it was the bulgasal that killed his brother. And these are facts as we've seen through flashbacks.

And now these are theories. Eult Tae's tribe probably tried to hunt Lady Bulgasal for revenge, but they didn't know there was one more bulgasal. So, for Hwalgasal to kill the villagers meant that he tried to save her (maybe the humans she protected turned their backs on her? Betrayed and persecuted her?). And yet, she loved those people, and became bitter because Hwalgasal killed them.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Kathia said:

And yet, she loved those people, and became bitter because Hwalgasal killed them.

it seems so...they were very important for her...tried to die together with hwal that day...she must have known that by killing him will mean her own death

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, andy78 said:

it seems so...they were very important for her...tried to die together with hwal that day...she must have known that by killing him will mean her own death

Exactly, but that somehow failed since Hwalgasal was still alive (but not much longer) when human Eul Tae found him. And in his last breath, he took Eul Tae's heart (is a heart supposed to be that small?) and turned him into bulgasal (Hwalgasal ended up dying as a human, hence allowing him to reincarnate).

• Like 5

Im sure Hwal didnt kill those villagers. 

In SU's memory he looked cold-blooded and satisfied.

There was no anger or rage towards those villagers.

That memory isnt true.   :unsure:

If ET managed to deceive all them than thats a little disappointing.

ET was just a greedy and cunning human. 

:D

LJ_8.gif?type=w1200

https://m.post.naver.com/my.naver?memberNo=10388754

• Like 4

yeah, theories everywhere :joy:

my brain is full lol

but nice to read.

eultae appa, is it detective kwon in past life?

does that make hwal his hyung?

or are they in different years....

ahhh molla :tired:

wanna keep my brain intact so can finish my work today TT

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, nurlayla said:

yeah, theories everywhere :joy:

my brain is full lol

but nice to read.

eultae appa, is it detective kwon in past life?

does that make hwal his hyung?

or are they in different years....

ahhh molla :tired:

wanna keep my brain intact so can finish my work today TT

No, it doesn't make him his hyung. The detective was Hwal's adopted father from 600 years ago, and Eul Tae's father from 1000 years ago.

I bet we're gonna have all the answers next weekend. I doubt they'll leave it for the finale, or else it will be like torture...

• Like 3