[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

25 minutes ago, larus said:

His appearance signals danger and Min Si Ho is frozen in fear as he runs his hand through her hair, bringing goosebumps and a sense of foreboding to viewers.

i wonder if they were brother or sister in a past life too...or they met before 600 years wood events

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i wonder if they were brother or sister in a past life too...or they met before 600 years wood events

If she touches his hand, maybe she can see his past and what he has done. Maybe foresee how she died previously too. 

Yes I was thinking maybe they were siblings too 1000 yrs ago. 

That's why they were all connected to this.

• Like 6

Hwal Ahjussi,

I wonder if he's going to adapt 2021 technology!! - When Si-Ho able to talk to Do Yoon on the phone, find his whereabouts by locating it via the ping satellite. Don't go wander all night on your 600 years old feet looking for DY

I'm happy that DY is finally the A-Chan mini him...

How come tho, when Shaman Butcher lady asked Hwal if he misses his son, Hwal didn't reply ... was it a yes when Hwal lower his head?...It seems odd.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

49 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

Hwal Ahjussi,

I wonder if he's going to adapt 2021 technology!! - When Si-Ho able to talk to Do Yoon on the phone, find his whereabouts by locating it via the ping satellite. Don't go wander all night on your 600 years old feet looking for DY

I'm happy that DY is finally the A-Chan mini him...

How come tho, when Shaman Butcher lady asked Hwal if he misses his son, Hwal didn't reply ... was it a yes when Hwal lower his head?...It seems odd.

He all the revenge is for his son he was side because he believe his cruse  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PororoQueen said:

Well he did say "It's not just that" when she said that he really must miss his son.

He obviously loved his son and wife but kept his distance due to his curse, them then ending up dying which was due to their connection to him and his curse filled him with guilt and also regret especially towards his son whom he never even dared to touch. He also probably thinks he doesn't deserve a second chance with them and still wants to keep his distance to also keep them safe from his misfortune, he after all asked the shaman lady if he can't avoid them after she told him that they would still be connected to him and meet again.

He just wants them to be happy and safe even without him in the picture, I like how the Shaman lady brought up his own feelings too.The man lived a life ruled by his curse and lost his family which was probably the only source of happiness in his life then spent 600 years wanting to avenge them, at least from what he remembers and what we know so far.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

seems like the only bulgasal that existed in both Hwal and Eul Tae’s memory is the lady bulgasal.. for Hwal, its 600yrs ago.. for Eul Tae, its 1000yrs ago.

who knows, maybe she was originally just soul-less and undead but not ruthless and didn’t need to feed on human blood, until the humans-turned-bulgasals went around crazy feeding on human blood to continue stay alive and tarnished the good name of bulgasal..

• Like 2

Ok Eul-Tae is the one kill Hwal son and wife  ...Ok Eul-Tae told the detective he wouldn't kill him BOTH OF THEM WERE INSIDE THE CLOSET WHEN EUL TAE ARRIVED IN THE HOUSE...SHE HAS SOME SORT OF TRAUMA...STILL crying over Doyoon...

FROM EP 11 PREVIEW :Finally Sangwoon knows her past life and is crying...i think SIHO was able to see something

• Like 5

Spoiler

POOR SIHO AND DOYON

I CAN'T WAIT NEXT WEEK EP ...THEY ARE CLOSER ...SEEMS HE UNDERSTOOD WHO IS HIS ENEMY...I THINK  SHE TRIED TO SAVE HIS FAMILLY THAT NIGHT TOO

SEEMS SIHO TOLD HER NOT TO LIKE HIM IS A BULGASAL...AND THAT HWAL CAN'T BE TRUSTED...I THINK WE'LL KNOW MORE ABOUT PAST...SEEMS THIS IS HER LAST SOUL AND ET CAN'T BREAK IT HE NEEDS HWAL TO DO IT

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

Past lives are past lives, present lives are present lives,

i agree...they are not the same persons...SIHO is pregnant and she does not seem to like HWAL...Is afraid of him...her sister is there for him...she is not afraid even when he looks like a monster...

“You’re bleeding because you’re too close.” “I don’t care it. It won’t kill me.” “And I won’t die either-” “But you’re in pain!”

i love the scene !!!These two care about each other so much... is breaking my heart... what will they do?6 more ep...

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

Past lives are past lives, present lives are present lives, lol, i understand the means of this drama for the plot but you don't judge a person with his past live, it's weird even it's exist

True. Therefore people (if reincarnation is a fact) shouldn't remember his past, otherwise the confusion created would be giant.

To me, in this kind of context, the important questions would be: who is the real father/mother/sister/brother/husband/wife/lover? The first, the last or the in between? Does one of them have more right than the others?

That the connection can exist and can be felt, sure it is alright. But that the previous relationship could be claimed in the current life, imo, is totally absurd and unjust. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

Past lives are past lives, present lives are present lives, lol, i understand the means of this drama for the plot but you don't judge a person with his past live, it's weird even it's exist

it depends on the universe of the drama. that concept is true in dramas like hotel del luna where the deities are chastising the female lead for still holding grudges in the past when everyone else have moved on.

in this drama, karma seem to be a strong force that makes previous lives relevant. monsters keep their old nature even if they are already born human and should rationally have been given a chance to reform their lives. two of the characters are also immortal, the past lives are not past for them, they are still continuing to live in that timeline. honestly, I still dont understand where bulgasal is going, but we have to allow for this logic if we want to enjoy this drama at all

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, aria26 said:

it depends on the universe of the drama. that concept is true in dramas like hotel del luna where the deities are chastising the female lead for still holding grudges in the past when everyone else have moved on.

in this drama, karma seem to be a strong force that makes previous lives relevant. monsters keep their old nature even if they are already born human and should rationally have been given a chance to reform their lives. two of the characters are also immortal, the past lives are not past for them, they are still continuing to live in that timeline. honestly, I still dont understand where bulgasal is going, but we have to allow for this logic if we want to enjoy this drama at all

Exactly, otherwise we wouldn't care so much about Hwal's relationship with his family because then technically Doyoon for example wouldn't be his son and what's interesting is that Hwal mentioned how he should have noticed it's him by his habits and how he told Siho she is still as blunt as she was which makes it seem like their true core just like with the monsters remains the same.

There is also general Dan thinking Siho is familiar, Siho feeling pain when Doyoon gets stabbed, they are still connected to each other in this life.

• Like 4

Maybe it's just me but it seems like this drama has gone a bit odd, a bit off track, a lot different from where it began.  Although I like the soft side to the drama and have avoided the violence, I found the behavior of the characters to be too different too suddenly in ep 10 and surprisingly for the violent aspect to be lacking.  The writer seems to have gone off the edge for no reason that I can see.  Maybe someone else can explain it.

It didn't make sense to me and it wasn't believable that our two Bulgasals would buddy up and so easily go off in a car together or that they would work together to find DY.  I didn't understand why anyone would trust ET at all ever, and SH was way too chill when he came into the house.  It was like he was suddenly being written in a more sympathetic light, and it just didn't make sense.  

ET is Not nice.  He disposes of people without a thought.  He sucks their blood with enjoyment.  He doesn't care what happens to them.  Why should he suddenly be all helpful?  Was this just to find DY to mess up Hwal?  Maybe that's part of it but there was something very missing here, and the plot holes were so obvious that you could drive a truck (maybe the white truck of doom?) though them.

Still like this drama.  Still hoping hard for our leads to have a romance (the slow burn is great).  But I don't understand the sudden shift.  Let's hope next week makes things clear.

Do I believe DY is dead?  Yes, sadly, I do because it's gonna hurt Hwal badly--in dramatic terms, that's what a writer should do to move the action forward.  I don't want DY to be gone but it sure looks like his spirit came to SH to say good bye.  If he's not dead, our writer had better have a good reason. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, thistle said:

Do I believe DY is dead?  Yes, sadly, I do because it's gonna hurt Hwal badly--in dramatic terms, that's what a writer should do to move the action forward.  I don't want DY to be gone but it sure looks like his spirit came to SH to say good bye.  If he's not dead, our writer had better have a good reason. 

i hope he'll be able to tell HWAL it was ET that killed him and his mom before he dies

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, aria26 said:

I do understand this and do agree that karma here is strong and is one of the main elements of the drama. However, what we shouldn't expect or demand is that because you were, e.g., my son in a past life you have to be in the current one too or even feel this way. Yeah, the connection exist and should exist to make the story works, but the nature/categorization of their relationship shouldn't be once and for all established. This does not undermine the logic of the show, imo: Sol was an only child in the past, she is SU sister now. The detective was the father of ET and then of Sol and then brother of SU. Hwal had a father who has another son now: is his son Hwal's brother? Of course not!

Sure, they are the same people entangled in a same karma, but their role and nature of relationships in this entanglement never was pre-established and changed as history changes.

Karma and connection yes. Nature of relationship immutable, of course not. And I think this is in line with what the drama showed us till now. 

• Like 3