[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

Because on this Saturday night, there will be friendly football match South Korea vs Iceland, according tvN twitter:

Spoiler

Bulgasal will be aired on 22.10 KST instead of 21.10 KST. Meanwhile Bad&Crazy which is on 22.10 slot will not be aired

No one got heart attack, right?! 

@angelbeast90 The writers will not make each persons in the house to remember their previous life. Most of them are normal human on present time after all. However with his personality, if later he gets the information about Hwal, I think He will believe it. Moreover, He doesn't have parents so He probably will feel grateful.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, illay said:

Because on this Saturday night, there will be friendly football match South Korea vs Iceland, according tvN twitter:

Hide contents

Bulgasal will be aired on 22.10 KST instead of 21.10 KST. Meanwhile Bad&Crazy which is on 22.10 slot will not be aired

No one got heart attack, right?! 

Omo... looks like i have to wait another hour for it to be translated and released on Netflix. 

• Like 7

I am up to ep 5 and phew what a ride this drama is! Sang-Un is a bit stupid but I am really enjoying how unpredictable it is! The first OST song, ‘Leave’ by 4Men is also very good. I am a bit confused at the end of ep 4 but will keep watching!! Edit 2 - Lee Joon as the other Bulgasal is so good and ah yah I just watched him in the Silent Sea!!!

Before I realize it - I just finished ep 7! The twists that I didn’t expect keeps coming! And why Sang-Un keeps doing stupid risky things - I wanted her to be a bit more clever/cautious after everything but nope——- I wonder why the black hole keeps on affecting OG Bulgasal when Sang-Un is endangered?!? 

Adventure Time No GIF

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 5

hello guys.

its been a while since I've been away from soompi, but thanks to recent on air dramas I keep coming back here and reading all your interesting comment and ideas.:wub:

so I'm gonna drop my question here as well.:ph34r:

come to think of it, it may sounds weird but I have a slight doubt that hwal's soul belongs to someone else which I'm not sure who might be as we don't know half the story happened in 600~1000 years ago.

from what I understand bulgasals are immortal because they have no soul.

so based on the painting showed in eultae house, if the ne theory on hwal being an original bulgasal at the very beginning along with songun be true, then maybe the soul the he claimed doesn't belong to him?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, byulyna said:

from what I understand bulgasals are immortal because they have no soul.

so based on the painting showed in eultae house, if the ne theory on hwal being an original bulgasal at the very beginning along with songun be true, then maybe the soul the he claimed doesn't belong to him?

Probably either Sangun and Hwal or Sangun and Eultae were the two original Bulgasal, if there were truly only two of them. The woman in the painting is wearing red and the man blue which are the same colors Hwal and her wore when she took his soul which makes me lean more towards Hwal being the one in the painting. Interesting however is that the male has his back turned while we see the face of the female which very much resembles Sangun as if to confirm it's indeed her in the painting while it remains a mystery who the male is.

spacer.png

Depending on who those people in the painting are supposed to be there are endless possibilities as how the story could've went down.

Anyways yeah if Hwal was indeed a bulgasal he must have taken someone elses soul.

Now the question is who cursed him? If it wasn't the female bulgasal wouldn't it have been Eultae? If so what's interesting is that Eultae keeps mentioning how Sangun is an evil person which makes it look like it's not just the soul he has a grudge against but her personally, unless he is just saying it to get people to believe him so she can be killed and the soul be destroyed.

Also how did Eultae become Bulgasal if Hwal and Sangung were the original ones, maybe they were a whole tribe, maybe the soul was originally Eultae's and he used to be human? Honestly the theories could go on and on. 

I really need them to finally give some answers, every reveal so far has been so predictable it's time they get to the true mysteries which will hopefully happen from ep 9 onwards.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

23 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Pre cut for epi out… Baby steps for our fine monster with eating or at least sitting with the guys eating :) 

this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYufp68gPFj/?utm_medium=copy_link

sorry i don’t have the one off twitter to embed directly..

the blond boy is like a cute puppy.. i feel sad for him being used by eul tae, hopefully hwal will forgive him soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYutX6qKDpv/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 4

I am caught-up! I didn’t realize we only had 8 episodes lol I thought the story was up to like 12 or something; darn it!!!

It has been fun watching this one and overall I enjoy it, especially all the plot twists and non-stop mess (in a good way lol).  I just have a few tiny complaints regarding how Writer-Nim likes to make some characters a bit too naive and reckless for advancing the plot but then it’s good with all the unexpectedness and the psychological mind games too! This bit was nice touch. The scene with all three main character was great - more of this please. 

Also, is Sang-Un really the one with no memory?! I keep thinking it’s the boy. 

Spoiler

We all knew the boy is his song reincarnated tho lol 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 5

On 1/14/2022 at 12:30 AM, andy78 said:

I want to see this scene so much ...i can't wait

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, lovely pic Hwal and SangWoon!

SW clothes similar to the cake clip in episode 9 tho. I cannot wait for tomorrow episode.

Edited by ferily
Please domy quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 4

Lee Jin Wook, Kwon Nara, And More Have A Merry Time Together Without Knowing What Lee Joon Has Up His Sleeve In “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 15, 2022
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Bulgasal” has revealed new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Bulgasal” is a fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that does not die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara stars as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Spoilers

The previous episode ended with Ok Eul Tae (Lee Joon) warning Dan Hwal not to get too close to Min Sang Woon. However, Min Sang Woon called out his lie, revealing that Ok Eul Tae was the one who killed Dan Hwal’s family.

Newly released stills from the upcoming episode show the calm before the storm. In the photos, Dan Hwal, Min Sang Woon, Min Si Ho (Gong Seung Yeon), Nam Do Yoon (UP10TION’s Kim Woo Seok), and Hye Seok (Park Myung Shin) are gathered together. They sit around a cake as if they’re celebrating something, and Min Sang Woon and Min Si Ho brighten the room with their warm smiles.

bulgasal-12.jpg

kwon-nara1.jpg

Spoiler

gong-seung-yeon.jpg

bulgasal-31.jpg

Ok Eul Tae’s mood sharply contrasts with the other smiling characters. His expression is icy as he makes an order over the phone. Ok Eul Tae is trying to break Min Sang Woon’s soul so that she can no longer be reincarnated, and no one has any idea that Nam Do Yoon, who is living in Dan Hwal’s house, is actually his spy. The person on the other end of the phone could be Nam Do Yoon, and Ok Eul Tae’s next move won’t allow the others to enjoy peace for very long.

Spoiler

lee-joon.jpg

Due to a soccer match, episode 9 of “Bulgasal” will air on January 15 at 10:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508477wpp/lee-jin-wook-kwon-nara-and-more-have-a-merry-time-together-without-knowing-what-lee-joon-has-up-his-sleeve-in-bulgasal

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

hmm...   no, its impossible that ET is the father of her child...  :unsure:

I've been thinking this ever since we first learned that ET existed.  But I can't imagine how he could hide that huge horrifying hole in his chest while getting intimate with her.  :tounge_xd:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6