[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

I just started this drama today and will be slowly watching but ep 1 surprised me in good ways. I didn’t expect it to be this dark!, gory!, and had real ghouls and monsters!!!! (and of course, bad people that  can be monsters too). 

Lee Jin Wook always delivers and the one cast member that I am not sure of is Nara but then her role in this episode was not really displayed. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 6

@ninaanin upss...yes it's me :phew:

Spoiler

I need to be brutal when commenting there LOL because there're some same toxic commenters who are not satisfied with the plot and the OTP. They surely have the option to leave the show but nope.....they still watch until now and leave hateful comments on each episodes about  the romance scenes & the female lead character.

1 hour ago, ninaanin said:

I think that the idea of two souls in one body is really good. This should be also possible, more possible than the possibilities that two bodies share one soul. ;) 

This is why I keep thinking that SW and SU, at the end of the day, are two different beings. 

Two souls in one body theory really reminds me with Mr Queen! 

I think you are typo when referring the twins as SW & SU. Their Name are Sang Yeon & Sang Un.

2 hours ago, scribbledjunkie said:

- They're really keeping the identity of Si Ho's baby daddy a secret, huh? We might be surprised if it turns out to be Detective Ham (Hwal's subordinate in his past life).:joy:
- My sister think the person with no memory actually refers to Hwal. Sang Woon is just the red herring.

Actually Detective Ham as the father once passed into my mind Haha but It's depicted as handsome man so maybe it's not him.  

Gong Yoo is too old to be Dan Sol's boyfriend haha @PororoQueen

I think the theory about Hwal is the one who actually lost the memory seems legit. On her 7 last previous life, Sang Un doesn't loose her memory but still ..She is weak & easily killed. I don't see there will be any difference when She regains her memory in the present life. On the other hand, I am curious what kind of person Hwal is in the past that everyone on that home will be killed if He regains the memory. Doesn't it mean He is a bad guy then? but if He is evil, the lady bulgasal would have not saved  young Hwal.

• Like 5

Because that someone kill the mom twice and  lee joon and sang wo they both point finger act the each other the other fact that I see that she said to him hwi went he was a human  that went he kill her that he created more bad karma questions who did first creating bad karma

• Like 6

1 hour ago, illay said:

Two souls in one body theory really reminds me with Mr Queen! 

I think you are typo when referring the twins as SW & SU. Their Name are Sang Yeon & Sang Un.

Gong Yoo is too old to be Dan Sol's boyfriend haha @PororoQueen

I think the theory about Hwal is the one who actually lost the memory seems legit. 

Thanks for the correction. I've been using Netflix translated name instead. I was referring to Sang Un (the one who was born without memory, without the scar but with Hwal's soul) 

Hopefully she has her own soul that is dormant waiting for the right time to unleash her powers and memories. 

Haha, waiting for Si Ho's handsome boyfriend patiently.

They were realistic in keeping their artist clothes close to their character.

Eul Tae - rich and still wants to live with political influence, hence he dresses himself well with beautiful cars.

Hwal - depressed, looks forward to his death as he has no will to live anymore. 

So he doesn't dress up himself well. His house is also not kept well as he doesn't live with people and only use it to sleep/rest/charge phones and store his bloodmeals.

Sang Un - wears flowery clothes on top of her normal looking plain clothes. I guess she has to keep low profile and her funds are probably for moving out to a new place or for her sister if in case she dies. 

Of course she is beautiful even beneath those clothes.  

Si Ho - cool clothes as she has no reason to follow her sisters' footsteps to stay hidden. 

I still like Lee Jin Wook and Kwon Nara though their clothes in this drama really don't do them justice.  It's their acting that preserves and how they uphold their characters. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Bleu Winter said:

Maybe Sang Woon will die in order to save the rest? She has always tried her best to save her family and the people around her.  That is her nature, so maybe this time she wants to succeed in saving them for once but she will eventually die to protect them.

i hope she will survive...i do hope she and Hwal will have a second chance...his wife did not love him...i think Hwal did not love her ...they were more like a brother and sister...their father forced them to marry...

• Like 5

Guys...On ep 8 when the butcher lady was possessed ..Dong Yoon said to the ex detective that the butcher lady told them  All the people in the house would die by bleeding from their nose. On ep 7 When Dan Sol was reading the butcher lady's past ..The young butcher lady asked Dan Sol whether She is trying to read her soul memories and asked her to take away the memory because She is tormented. After that, out of no where, Dan sol has nosebleed. Is this just a coincidence? What if the person who lost the memory She meant when she was possessed is her own self? and Why she is tormented with her memories?

More over, Her moves on Goryeo era is suspicious for me. She gives me provocateur vibe.

For sure..whether it's Hwal or the butcher lady, The person supposed to have power like Ok Eul Tae which can kill by making the victim has nosebleed.

@Bleu Winter I am not referring you but ninaanin :D I think Sang un in korean character is typed as  상운 (sang- un but can be pronounced as sang woon, same like the male lead name 이진욱(i-jin-uk) can be pronounced as Lee jin wook) so netflix translation is not wrong. However ninaanin referred the twins as SW & SU which should be SY & SW/SU cmiiw.

1 hour ago, Bleu Winter said:

Thanks for the correction. I've been using Netflix translated name instead. I was referring to Sang Un (the one who was born without memory, without the scar but with Hwal's soul) 

Hopefully she has her own soul that is dormant waiting for the right time to unleash her powers and memories. 

Awesome idea. We can have happy ending if it's the case. Hwal can get back her own soul and live as a human. Not sure if the writers are smart enough to think this option.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

20 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i hope she will survive...i do hope she and Hwal will have a second chance...his wife did not love him...i think Hwal did not love her ...they were more like a brother and sister...their father forced them to marry...

Me too. I hope Sang Woon lives, and have an ordinary life with Si Hoo. But her twin sister said that Sang Woon would put everything to its place again, which means (if she was truly a deity) that she will become a deity along with the male deity (Hwal?) to guard the cave with the bulgasal again. It meant to return to the very beginning.

And I agree that Hwal and Si Hoo were forced to marry in the past, though they were friends at first. She clearly did not love him and despised him for his curse since her children were affected by it. Hwal cared for her, but not sure if he was deeply in love with her. He keeps seeing her in the house, but doesn't show much emotion. If he loved her to death, he would stay by her side all the time (all male leads do that). He is now infatuated with Sang Woon, he even said that he feels sorry and empathetic with her sometimes.

And I do believe the lost memory thing the Shaman was talking about was Hwal. Sure, Sang Woon is the twin who doesn't remember the past lives. But Hwal doesn't remember his past "before Hwal" as well.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

I don’t know… maybe they will die together but both reincarnate fresh shed from all the horrible revengeful baggage and he will somehow start looking for her again but because she is his OTP this time around.  

There must have been more to his marriage. General dad does not seem like some who would force them to marry completely against their Will And they had two kids. So they must have had some feelings for each other.

• Like 5

@Bleu Winter Sorry, it was me that made a whole mess with the names:relaxed:. Thanks to @illay things are way clearer now ;).

Your idea that SU has her own soul underneath Hwal's soul is the only way that I see to make possible she stays alive after that “everything has been put back in the right place” as SY said before she died. And I think that SU having her own soul makes sense and fits the drama’s narrative, and explain why she was born as twin.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I don’t know… maybe they will die together but both reincarnate fresh shed from all the horrible revengeful baggage and he will somehow start looking for her again but because she is his OTP this time around.  

There must have been more to his marriage. General dad does not seem like some who would force them to marry completely against their Will And they had two kids. So they must have had some feelings for each other.

I think they were "forced", actually both didn't have much of a choice, anyway. Hwal was cursed, while she was feared by others for being a freak. None of them would've married other people because of their "different" traits. That's why they had no choice but to marry one another. I'm sure the dad encouraged their union because of that.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Kathia said:

Me too. I hope Sang Woon lives, and have an ordinary life with Si Hoo. But her twin sister said that Sang Woon would put everything to its place again, which means (if she was truly a deity) that she will become a deity along with the male deity (Hwal?) to guard the cave with the bulgasal again. It meant to return to the very beginning.

i have the same feeling that everything will return to the very beginning...she will become a deity along with  Hwal to guard the cave with the bulgasal again...telling the truth all i want is for them to be together as humans or deities /bulgasals...we know that he did something wrong ,whatever it was i hope she will be able to forgive  and love him...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

i have the same feeling that everything will return to the very beginning...she will become a deity along with  Hwal to guard the cave with the bulgasal again...telling the truth all i want is for them to be together as humans or deities /bulgasals...we know that he did something wrong ,whatever it was i hope she will be able to forgive  and love him...

YES! I totally agree with you, and I think the whole "twins-different-personalities" setp-up is leading to that, forgiveness. The one who was bitter with Hwal was the twin who died (had the memories and seemed to have the same personality), whereas Sang Woon is a different person, loving, caring and kind. She will forgive Hwal for sure.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, Kathia said:

Sang Woon is a different person, loving, caring and kind. She will forgive Hwal for sure.

let's hope that will happen ...she is such a great person and loving sister...

i read a Bulgasal theory :Hwal always loved the Bulgasal lady and Siho knows that. On ep1 when Siho touched the of Hwal, she saw Bulgasal lady there, the woman Hwal keeps on remembering.

• Like 7

Hwal - SangWoon and Hwal - Dan Sol relationships made us wonder why Ok Eul Tae has no story of his past girlfriend/relatives. Is Eul Tae going to be a bachelor all his life?

@sadthe1st, Yes Si Ho only likes handsome man to date, so do you think SiHo will believe Hwal if he told her that in the next episode?. I imagine the convo will be like these;

Hwal: "honey, I was your husband in previous life"

Si-Ho : "Don't be ridiculous, I  only date handsome men. Were you handsome in our previous life?"

Hwal : "Yes I was, you can read my hand, that's the proof"

Si-Ho took Hwal's hand and started to fall like a Tango dance with Hwal once again catch her in his arm......and it took us to this scene :blush:

bulgasal-immortal-souls-episode-1-6-1024

Credit: leisurebyte.com

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

i read a Bulgasal theory :Hwal always loved the Bulgasal lady and Siho knows that. On ep1 when Siho touched the of Hwal, she saw Bulgasal lady there, the woman Hwal keeps on remembering.

Hwal when he was a boy for sure loved Sang Un who saved him twice when everyone neither loved him or cared for him because of the bulgasal curse. 

Sang Un was his savior and if he kept remembering her, I don't blame him. 

There were 2 people who accepted him and cared enough for him, his adopted father(Detective Kwon) and the bulgasal lady(Sang Un) but romantic love, I don't think so. Of course his wife(Sol) was annoyed to be able to see his past and Sang Un in bulgasal was a pretty lady. 

When he was saved he remembered Sang Un(bulgasal) when he was stabbed, he remembers her as well.

Love + hate = ?

One thing that always amazed me when Hwal and Sang Un always refer each other as "mine" and it was as if Sang Un's innate response to save Hwal from drowning. 

Edited by Bleu Winter
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Interesting theory that it is Hwal who will remember his past and possibly kill everyone in the room. At first I thought it could either be Si Woon, Si Ho or even the ahjumma lady. But you guys are right, Hwal also didn't remember his past and it might be more impactful if it was him. He kind of already witnessed everyone in that room die in the past life so that might come into play too.

I wonder if the handsome boyfriend might be Ok Eul Tae in diguise but maybe I'm imagining too much! :joy: There's no one else in the past that they could resurface now (with about the same age) but maybe I'm missing something.

• Like 7

Eul Tae, its never boring with him..   :D

- The ''Snow White'' scene..

Bulgasal0708_1.jpg

- I laughed when ET played with the grass and before that he saved Hwal.

- the last scene

Eul Tae - ''The main characters from the old story are all present'' and his slightly nervous laugh...  :D

• Like 6

The boyfriend is probably a random  nobody who was looking to get booty and then split. This drama has enough going on already without adding another element. Same thing as Goblin and people were going on about Eun Taks dad.   I actually believe the baby is a girl, a reincarnation of his daughter who died or unlikely but they are trolling us and it’s actually his son to be reborn and Do Yoon is red herring. Either way Hwal gets his family again to protect and cherish properly this time. 

• Like 4