[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

35 minutes ago, orion00 said:

In the preview, the shaman said, once Sang Woon regain her memory she will kill everyone? 

Eul Tae wanted to kill Sang Woon as soon as possible probably as to end the pain since they have a bond where when she gets hurt he feels it too. Maybe another curse in the past where he hurt them (Sang Woon + Hwal). Due to Hwal's karma, each reincarnation of Sang Woon, she was hunted by monsters so that might explain why Dark Hole wants her killed is to reduce his suffering. His dark hole on his chest would not heal probably was a wound created by Hwal (the sword) with powers of Sang Woon in the past.  

The lady Shaman was saying once the forgotten remembers her past, everyone here will start dying. 

It is similar like in episode 1 where she said because of Hwal's karma everyone around him will start dying. 

Not that she/Hwal kill them.

I'm also curious if Hwal's wound also hurts Eul Tae. We could see when Hwal removed the sword from his chest, Eul Tae had blood seeping from dark hole previously that weakened him and he wanted to kill Sang Woon instead of destroying Sang Woon's soul in episode 4. 

Maybe that was another curse. 

So how if all 3 of them had a bond. If Hwal/Sang Woon gets hurt, Eul Tae feels the pain too. 

If a Bulgasal could destroy a soul, 

Then Hwal/Eul Tae should destroy the monsters for 8 times and they would stop reincarnating and killing people. 

Maybe that was the purpose of Bulgasal. 

The picture on Eul Tae's home has 2 people in centre (probably 2 Bulgasal) surrounded by fire with all the monsters coming unto them. 

Edited by Bleu Winter
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Despite  the blonde boy is a spy, it's obvious that He is naturally a good boy. Eul Tae just manipulates & lying to him by saying that Sang Un is the villain. We can see that the blonde guy raised  question based on what He saw about Sang un. There are several times Eul Tae hold his self from being angry. I won't be surprised that He will kill the boy in the end when He is no needed anymore. In addition,I don't know the part where Eul tae says that He takes care the blonde boy's brother is a truth or not.

It's a mess fact that Eul Tae will feel pain each time sang Un is hurt. I can't think any theory right now.

spacer.png

I hope the butcher lady really keeps the dress for herself because I don't want to see Sang un will be the one who wears it :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

7 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i still believe that blonde boy is their son.. he has so much screen time and gained much attention to be a nobody from the past haha

Eul Tae is trying to kill Sang Woon in her final reincarnation this life to get rid of the curse that was set upon him, that dark hole on his chest.. but her splitting up the final soul as twins confused both Eul Tae and Hwal since it had always been one soul one life

(below in spoiler, since its my guess..)

Hide contents

which presumingly was the same spot of final blade that Hwal pierced right into the lady bulgasal chest 600 years ago..

she did blame him before she died as a human that the very action he did will trigger another round of karma being repeated all over again

the preview might not have been displayed in sequence of the actual episode, lets wait for tonite to see what really happens..

Because  he kill  mostly all the monsters and if you see the first scence that is so off the ending meaning his healing power is faster that before  she look at him like 

Spoiler

I think because he supposed to die on his mother womb but he didn’t die he was born and a birth mark

6 hours ago, illay said:

Despite  the blonde boy is a spy, it's obvious that He is naturally a good boy. Eul Tae just manipulates & lying to him by saying that Sang Un is the villain. We can see that the blonde guy raised  question based on what He saw about Sang un. There are several times Eul Tae hold his self from being angry. I won't be surprised that He will kill the boy in the end when He is no needed anymore. In addition,I don't know the part where Eul tae says that He takes care the blonde boy's brother is a truth or not.

It's a mess fact that Eul Tae will feel pain each time sang Un is hurt. I can't think any theory right now.

I hope the butcher lady really keeps the dress for herself because I don't want to see Sang un will be the one who wears it :lol:

Went he finish playing the table game tell him that he will be release a the end of this year or on this years

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 6

We know that most people around Hwal had some powers. 

Sang Woon - previous bulgasal with curse powers. The present Eul Tae can't kill her. 

Si Ho - to see the memories of soul

Shaman Lady - to predict the future

Blonde boy(maybe A -Chan) - ?

Premature daughter - ?

Detective Kwon- maybe the ability to track monsters.

They were all probably also present in Hwal's previous birth.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Episode 7, we got a little love :heart: sign from Hwal yay. Keep it up HwalWoon couple.

Hwal is such a soft hearted guy, we see his calmness when he's a little kid (living alone in the village), he never get angry when he fought with little girl - who's her father (Pal-Bong) just died.

So my recap from episode 1 (yes I rewatch episode 1 just for fun hehehe) are:

1. It looks like the person who save Hwal from drowning was his father, because when lil Hwal woke up from his unconsciousness under the water, he saw his father Satgat hat and his back pack inside the cage.

2. The Bulgasal that killing people in the village was Ok Eul Tae who already roaming around looking for Lady Bulgasal.

3. Lady Bulgasal was already there at the Village because she was examining the place where Pal-Bong died.

Going back to episode 7:

I wish to see a BTS video when Lee Jin Wook carry Kwon Nara on his shoulder and piggy back. They are so cute.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

30 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

1. It looks like the person who save Hwal from drowning was his father, because when lil Hwal woke up from his unconsciousness under the water, he saw his father Satgat hat and his back pack inside the cage.

2. The Bulgasal that killing people in the village was Ok Eul Tae who already roaming around looking for Lady Bulgasal.

3. Lady Bulgasal was already there at the Village because she was examining the place where Pal-Bong died.

Going back to episode 7:

I wish to see a BTS video when Lee Jin Wook carry Kwon Nara on his shoulder and piggy back. They are so cute.

He thought it was his father initially,  but when he came out from his cave, he saw Sang Woon in bulgasal form. 

You would see after Pang Bol(one of the villager) was killed by monsters, Bulgasal Sang Woon in that hat covered in red clothes, she traces back his murder. She touches the tree and could see how Pang Bol was murdered. 

So I still think it was Sang Woon Bulgasal who saved Hwal. 

Haha I have watched ep 1 about 3 times, as I was trying to get my siblings and mum to watch it together with me initially. 

Rewatching makes me understand better. Shall wait for the episode today to unfold further. 

Edited by Bleu Winter
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

The Bulgasal that killing people in the village was Ok Eul Tae who already roaming around looking for Lady Bulgasal.

i feel the same...

2 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Keep it up HwalWoon couple.

yes i do hope to see him starting to love her...understand that is not the same person ....just half...the good part...we see that for her the  familly means everything...years ago she called her mom because she was missing her and the little sister she can't understand how could her past self leave everybody behind...

• Like 5
  • Shocked 2

ep 8 preview

=============

Hoyeol who is  catching Ok Eul tae is in danger. Duksini blocks Hwal & Sang un who are trying to find Hoyeol. Sang Un, Hwal, & Ok eul tae finally meet each others. Suddenly, Sang un recalls a memory from 600 years ago.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lee Jin Wook And Kwon Nara’s Relationship Could Soon Reach A Turning Point In “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 9, 2022
by S. P

tvN’s “Bulgasal” has revealed new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Bulgasal” is a fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that does not die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara stars as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Spoilers

Previously, Min Sang Woon had a difficult time after hearing a story about how she, in a previous life, had left other people to die in a fire while she escaped. While she shed tears over the actions of her previous self whom she couldn’t remember, the usually cold and distant Dan Hwal even let down his guard around her.

In one set of stills, Min Sang Woon stands outside all night long waiting for Dan Hwal. When he finally appears, she looks up at him with worry in her eyes. Dan Hwal cautiously reaches his hand out towards her with a vacant look, leading viewers to wonder what they could be discussing.

A look of shock spreads across the face of Min Si Ho (Gong Seung Yeon) as she observes the pair. Still possessing the ability to gain the memories of a soul, just like in her previous life as Dan Sol, Min Si Ho consistently regards Dan Hwal with caution after learning of his identity as a bulgasal. It remains to be seen what will happen if she ends up finding out about Dan Hwal’s quest for revenge and other secrets related to their past lives.

Lee-Jin-Wook1.jpeg

Spoiler

Gong-Seung-Yeon1.jpeg

Lee-Jin-Wook-Kwon-Nara1.jpeg

In another still, Ok Eul Tae (Lee Joon) sports a frosty gaze. Having survived thus far off the blood of others, he once again has someone’s blood on his lips. In addition, former detective Kwon Ho Yeol (Jung Jin Young) is seen hanging from a tree, stuck in a very dangerous predicament.

Lee-Joon.jpeg

Spoiler

Jung-Jin-Young1.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1507610wpp/lee-jin-wook-and-kwon-naras-relationship-could-soon-reach-a-turning-point-in-bulgasal

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello!

So many insightful thoughts! :) I wish I could have more time to participate more here.

I have a few ideas:

1. I do agree that the paint tells the story of thousand years ago. What I think interesting is the fact that we have the woman (probably SW) her face turned to us, we have a man (and my bet: it is Hwal) his back turned to us; and, we have, coming out from the lake, a bulgasal’s hand – whose owner I think is BB (bad bulgasal).

2. I don’t know if SW has being always a bulgasal, she could be any kind of supernatural being (in the paint, she and the man had a hallo around their heads, which makes me think that they were more positive supernatural beings than negatives one). I think that BB was always a bulgasal, and I think that he fell for her or wanted something that was hers (which could make him more powerful? I don’t know). But, even in the case that SW was originally a bulgasal, I think she and BB were always enemies.  

3. From the paint, we can imply that the man (possibly Hwal) and the woman (probably SW) were a couple. Then, a tragedy came, I think caused by BB and the curse begun.

4. I think that SW cursed BB two times: first, then a thousand or 600 years ago (can be the last), to suffer the same pain every time that she would suffer one; second, presently, when she cursed that he wouldn’t be able to kill her twin sister. About the dark hole, probably it came through a fight with SW or the man from the paint (most probably the last if he was Hwal).

5. I still think that SW wasn’t a bad bulgasal (during her time as bulgasal). I think she was like Hwal and didn’t drink human’s blood. I agree with those who think that – from the first episode – we can see that she never had blooded lips, she looked weak for a bulgasal because that – precisely as Hwal in the present. And, for me, the fact that she didn’t drink human blood was possible because, as well as Hwal, she wasn’t originally a bulgasal, but another kind of supernatural being.

6. Why she killed Hwal? My theory is that only Hwal can/could kill the bad bulgasal (because the curse or other reason), but he should be a bulgasal himself to be able to do that. So, I think the idea was to make Hwal a Bulgasal and then, after the death of the bad bulgasal, she would return his soul. However, instead, he killed her and lost his soul then. Maybe they had in previously lives planned to do so, or it was/is the supernatural world’s rules to break the whole curse or to put things in its right place. However, Hwal did forget his past lives and therefore their plan or the rules. So, she felt herself betrayed by him when he killed her.

7. I think SW had the power to set curses. So, I agree with those who said that she cursed herself to born split in two bodies. SW was the bulgasal, and this is why she said this was her last chance, because it was her eighth reincarnation: she had the memories, the power (even if weak) and the “body” of the bulgasul, and the soul of Hwal; SU shares the soul and the body of SW, but I think she is completely human. A special human maybe, but a whole human: and it is because she shares SW's body and soul, that she can also shares her memories (maybe power) from past lives.

Finally, I’m loving the pace of the romance between Hwal and SW :love:.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I guess all the answers are hidden in this painting... 

@ninaanin pointed it on #1 and i took a second look,

i think the 2 with the halo (lady and man) might have been deities that were meant to guard the cave where the bulgasal is supposed to be trapped in.. i saw another image on google image where the spot that Eul Tae stood in front of the painting, he blocked the view of the cave and an outstretched arm of a monster..

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

13 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

@ninaanin pointed it on #1 and i took a second look,

i think the 2 with the halo (lady and man) might have been deities that were meant to guard the cave where the bulgasal is supposed to be trapped in.. i saw another image on google image where the spot that Eul Tae stood in front of the painting, he blocked the view of the cave and an outstretched arm of a monster..

Is that a cave? I thought it was a lake lol, my bad. Yeah, this is a very interesting hypothesis: the deities as the guardians of the cave. 

Anyway, what seems to me is very clear on the paint is that there is one bulgasal and two deities (or supernatural beings), which one is a woman. As it seems that the woman is SW, the conclusion should be that she wasn't originally a bulgasal.  The hypothesis of the deities as guardians makes my assumptions stronger to me.

I like this idea :)

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, ninaanin said:

Is that a cave? I thought it was a lake lol, my bad. Yeah, this is a very interesting hypothesis: the deities as the guardians of the cave. 

u’re right! the bulgasal arm was out from the lake.. the deities are standing on grounds engulfed in flames and the well is in the center of them.. i’m not sure if the hand sign of the bulgasal intentionally represents something or just the way they drew in ancient times..

• Like 6

16 hours ago, scribbledjunkie said:

Park Ju Hwan is the kid who played Ah Chan in the past.

Maybe this lifetime, Hwal's children are finally given the chance to grow old.

The name I saw was spelled as Park Joo-hwan, and when I looked it up the actor was a man in his late 30s--hence my assumption that he would be playing Hwal's son.

I'm often wrong in my guesses, and there can be a lot of confusion about Korean names on English language sites.  Thanks for setting me right.

• Like 6