[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

Watch: Lee Jin Wook Searches For Kwon Nara To The Ends Of The Earth In New “Bulgasal” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 11, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “Bulgasal” shared a preview of the first episode!

“Bulgasal” is a new fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara will star as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal but remembers all her past lives.

The newly released teaser shares a glimpse of Dan Hwal’s beginning. Dan Geuk (Jung Jin Young) approaches a little boy with a smile and stretches out his hand. His voiceover says, “From now on, your name is Hwal.” Dan Hwal grows up into a fierce warrior who is worshipped by the other soldiers for his braveness and deft combat skills.

However, not everything is smooth sailing for Dan Hwal, who ends up getting tangled with a curse. He narrates, “In order to end this immortal curse, I searched for you for 600 years.” Dan Hwal comes face to face with Min Sang Woon twice: once in the past and once in the present. Viewers are keen to find out how Min Sang Woon is the key to the mythical bulgasal.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=312194550789801

https://www.soompi.com/article/1503182wpp/watch-lee-jin-wook-searches-for-kwon-nara-to-the-ends-of-the-earth-in-new-bulgasal-teaser

• Awesome 2

Watch: Lee Jin Wook Gets Teased + Gong Seung Yeon Threatens SHINee’s Key’s Ace Status In “Amazing Saturday” Preview

Watch: Lee Jin Wook Gets Teased + Gong Seung Yeon Threatens SHINee’s Key’s Ace Status In “Amazing Saturday” Preview

Dec 12, 2021
by E. Cha

The stars of tvN’s upcoming drama “Bulgasal” are coming to “Amazing Saturday”!

On December 11, the popular tvN variety show aired a fun sneak peek of its upcoming episode featuring Lee Jin Wook and Gong Seung Yeon as guests.

In the newly released preview, Lee Jin Wook confidently declares that because he enjoys spending time with his young nieces and nephews, he is up to date on all the elementary school lingo. However, the cast members become skeptical when he shows off his slightly questionable knowledge of the latest slang.

Lee Jin Wook goes on to proclaim that he has a great short-term memory, but when they start playing the show’s signature lyric guessing game, he unexpectedly finds himself struggling. The cast members tease him over his misplaced confidence, with host Boom joking, “Your nieces and nephews are crying right now!” Lee Jin Wook responds with a bashful smile, “I’m sorry, guys.”

On the other hand, Lee Jin Wook’s “Bulgasal” co-star Gong Seung Yeon proves to be a natural, with the caption describing her as “the brainiest guest in the history [of our show]?!” Hanhae jokingly refers to her as “the human incarnation of ‘Amazing Saturday,'” and Shin Dong Yup chimes in, “I think she’s really smart.” Gong Seung Yeon even manages to impress SHINee’s Key, the resident ace of the program, who is awed by how much she managed to write down after listening to a song. The caption playfully adds that the actress’s “skills are enough to put even Key on edge.”

Lee Jin Wook and Gong Seung Yeon’s episode of “Amazing Saturday” will air on December 18 at 7:40 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new preview below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1503293wpp/watch-lee-jin-wook-gets-teased-gong-seung-yeon-threatens-shinees-keys-ace-status-in-amazing-saturday-preview

Watch: Lee Jin Wook And Kwon Nara Unexpectedly Fall In Love Despite Their Abominable Past In “Bulgasal” Highlight Reel

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 15, 2021
by L. Kim

Upcoming tvN drama “Bulgasal” has released a five-minute video highlighting what will take place in the drama.

“Bulgasal” is a new fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara will star as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal but remembers all her past lives.

The highlight video depicts the forbidden love story of Dan Hwal and Min Sang Woon. It starts with Min Sang Woon staring at a mystical portrait, and she asks, “Is this really me?” Dan Hwal’s voice narrates, “I told you. You’ve had many previous lives.”

When Min Sang Woon was a child, her sister pushed her into the closet to hide her from a mysterious and dangerous being. Her sister screams, “Please don’t do this! The police is coming!” Then her voiceover commands, “Find a way to kill the bulgasal. You’ll know him when you see him.” Years later, Min Sang Woon comes face to face with the creature himself, and her eyes water with emotions as she asks, “You’re the bulgasal, aren’t you?”

One man asks Dan Hwal, “Why have you been searching for the woman named Min Sang Woon for the past 15 years?” Dan Hwal replies, “For atonement. She committed a sin against my family. And it hasn’t been 15 years. It’s been a very long time.”

However, Dan Hwal comes across an unexpected obstacle when Min Sang Woon can’t remember what she did in the past. Furious, he vows, “Wait. I’ll get your memory back.”

The clip also sheds a light on Ok Eul Tae’s (Lee Joon’s) identity. He is described an extremely wealthy and powerful man whose identity is shrouded in mystery. He’s connected to Dan Hwal, and he is dangerously obsessed with locating Min Sang Woon. Ok Eul Tae tells Dan Hwal, “You and I aren’t enemies. The real enemy is that woman.”

As the story progresses, Dan Hwal’s hatred towards Min Sang Woon turns into love. One voice demands, “Did you get attached to the enemy who murdered your family?” Dan Hwal seems to have made up his mind as he is spotted protecting Min Sang Woon from someone. He firmly states, “You won’t die. I’ll protect you.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1503848wpp/watch-lee-jin-wook-and-kwon-nara-unexpectedly-fall-in-love-despite-their-abominable-past-in-bulgasal-highlight-reel

• Like 2

Lee Jin Wook, Kwon Nara, Lee Joon, And More Share What Drew Them To “Bulgasal,” Address Comparisons To “Goblin,” And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 15, 2021
by S. Cho

On December 15, the cast and crew of “Bulgasal” held an online press conference to talk about the upcoming drama.

tvN’s “Bulgasal” is a new fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara will star as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal but remembers all her past lives.

Present at the press conference were Lee Jin Wook, Kwon Nara, Lee Joon, Gong Seung Yeon, Jung Jin Young, Park Myung Shin, UP10TION’s Kim Woo Seok, and producing director (PD) Jang Young Woo.

PD Jang Young Woo, who has worked on dramas like “Mr. Sunshine” and “Sweet Home,” commented, “The narrative itself of ‘Bulgasal’ is very rich and emotional, so I thought it was important to ensure that viewers could continuously follow along with those emotions. Also, we are filming while thinking about our desire to convey to viewers the ‘Korean emotion’ and ‘sad but beautiful tale’ captured in this drama as a visual story.”

He continued, “While portraying past and present, we tried to focus on showing what changes and what doesn’t. Visually, within our limited production budget, we thought a lot about the most effective portrayal. With the idea that ‘what is most Korean is what is most global,’ we tried to capture Korean beauty on video. Especially with the beauty of nature and the past, we did our best to use historical evidence in order to portray things exactly as they were.”

Jang Young Woo added, “When portraying the ancient monsters of the Korean Peninsula, we tried making them Korean monsters as opposed to foreign ones and did our best to make them as close to humans as possible, like ghosts. That’s why instead of excessive CG [computer graphics], we focused more on using costumes, makeup, art, and acting to shed light on the creatures’ story and hidden narrative.”

Regarding comparisons to tvN’s 2016 drama “Goblin,” Jang Young Woo remarked, “As I’ve worked with writer Kim Eun Sook and the director of ‘Goblin,’ and they are people I respect, I’m thankful that people are even making comparisons. The creatures that appear in ‘Bulgasal’ are based on Korean folklore and the purpose was to add emphasis to that Korean emotion. If I had to name a difference, ‘Goblin’ was more of a romance drama, while in ‘Bulgasal,’ there are a lot of changes to family relationships.”

Lee Jin Wook shared why he chose to star in this drama, explaining, “A drama that captures Korean fantasy and creatures felt new. Although immortal characters have been done before in various productions, they’re portrayed differently in ‘Bulgasal.’ Typically, immortal characters are bound to get used to everything. However, Dan Hwal of ‘Bulgasal’ was charming because he felt like a stopped clock or a compass that has lost direction.”

Kwon Nara commented, “‘Bulgasal’ had more emotional scenes than other productions. I really wanted to portray those emotions in various ways, so I talked a lot with the director and thought about how to capture many different methods of expression.” Regarding her character Min Sang Woon, she added, “Although she has pain, she is a valiant character who has the courage to live independently, so I worked hard to portray that bright image.”

Lee-Jin-Wook-Kwon-Nara.jpeg

Lee Joon will be starring in his first drama in four years as Ok Eul Tae, an extremely wealthy and powerful man whose identity is shrouded in mystery. He commented, “While reading the script, I felt that his first scene was charming. I thought it’d be fun as he was a type of character I hadn’t previously played before, and I thought that [playing the character] would feel really euphoric.”

“I decided to do the drama because I heard Jin Wook hyung was appearing in it,” Lee Joon continued. “When I first went to the filming set after my four-year hiatus, everyone was calling me sunbae-nim. It feels like I suddenly became a sunbae when I didn’t do anything.”

Spoiler

Lee-Joon.jpeg

Jung Jin Young also shared, “When an actor does a project, they [usually] live one person’s life, but it was appealing that I could live the lives of multiple people this time. There’s a heavy and deep narrative. I think the keyword that runs through everything is ‘fate.'”

Spoiler

Jung-Jin-Young.jpeg

Lastly, the cast asked viewers to stay tuned to find out how each of their characters become intertwined throughout the long period of 600 years.

Bulgasal-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Gong-Seung-Yeon1.jpeg

Kim-Woo-Seok.jpeg

Park-Myung-Shin.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1503894wpp/lee-jin-wook-kwon-nara-lee-joon-and-more-share-what-drew-them-to-bulgasal-address-comparisons-to-goblin-and-more

• Like 1

Stills from drama Bulgasal

If you express yourself in three words, 'immortals' of the five people, including Lee Jin-wook...

202112161716311300_l.jpg

Lee Jin-wook, Kwon Nara, Lee Jun, Gong Seung-yeon, and Kim Woo-seok expressed the tvN new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Invincible' in three words.

On the 16th, tvN aired on the 16th that Lee Jin-wook as Dan-hwal in 'Invincible', Kwon Nara as Min Sang-woon, a reincarnated person chasing an invisible, Lee Jun as Ok Eul-tae, a mysterious wealthy man, Gong Seung-yeon as Dan-sol, the former wife of Dan-hwal, and Dan-hwal like a puppy. Kim Woo-seok, who plays the role of Nam Do-yoon, a high school student who follows, has revealed three words that define the drama 'Invincible', respectively.

202112161716328622_l.jpg

First of all, Lee Jin-wook (played by Dan-hwal) expressed the drama 'Immortal' as 'fate', 'revenge', and 'family love'. He added, "The fate of those who cannot die even if they want to die, and revenge for those who caused the death of everyone they loved, nevertheless, there is sacrifice, love and family love."

Spoiler

202112161716345258_l.jpg

Next, Kwon Nara (played by Min Sang-woon) picked 'family love' as well as 'connection' and 'reversal' as well as the 'family love' that Lee Jin-wook talked about earlier and said, "In the ties of people who have been intertwined over the course of 600 years, there are reversals and reversals. , there are parts of it where you can feel the love of family."

Spoiler

202112161716354142_l.jpg

In addition, Lee Jun (as Ok Eul-tae) selected 'personality' and 'visual beauty' in addition to 'reversal' selected by Kwon Nara.

Spoiler

202112161716361278_l.jpg

Finally, Gong Seung-yeon (as Dansol) and Kim Woo-seok (as Nam Do-yoon) commonly selected 'precious' as a keyword, Gong Seung-yeon added 'connection' and 'reincarnation', and Kim Woo-seok added 'reversal' and 'time'. .

Meanwhile, tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Invincible' is a drama depicting a sad but beautiful story in which a man who has become inviolable pursues a woman who repeats reincarnation for 600 years.

https://www.fnnews.com/news/202112161716387797

• Like 1

Lee Jin Wook And Kwon Nara’s Romance Has A Twisted Beginning In New Drama “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 17, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “Bulgasal” has released new stills of Lee Jin Wook and Kwon Nara!

The newly released stills capture the past lives of Dan Hwal and Min Sang Woon from 600 years ago. Although Dan Hwal remains the same gruff character throughout all six centuries, Min Sang Woon is completely different. In the present, she’s an ordinary woman who just wants a normal life, but in the past, she exudes a powerful aura in bright red robes.

bulgasal-3.jpg

In one photo, Dan hwal holds Min Sang Woon in his arms as if he is trying to protect her. Despite his efforts to defend her, the arrows penetrate her body. The color drains from her face, which sharply contrasts with her bright hanbok (traditional Korean clothing).

bulgasal-1.jpg

Spoiler

bulgasal-2.jpg

Dan Hwal and Min Sang Woon’s history can’t be summed up into a few words. Their relationship is a complex one that has expanded for 600 long years. Although it’s based on revenge, they will get tangled up in all kinds of fluctuating emotions that will make their romance that much more interesting.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504207wpp/lee-jin-wook-and-kwon-naras-romance-has-a-twisted-beginning-in-new-drama-bulgasal

• Like 1

Premiere Watch: Bad and Crazy, Snowdrop, Bulgasal: Immortal Souls

by missvictrix

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/premwatch_badandcrazy1.jpg

It’s that time again! More dramas are making their debut this weekend, and they’re each exciting and thrilling in their own way. From crazy cop action to historical drama and immortal revenge, I’m not sure which drama to lunge for first.

Bulgasal: Immortal Souls

premwatch_badandcrazy4.jpg

Time slot: Saturday & Sunday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Fantasy, melo, action
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Our third premiere this week is another drama I can’t really predict the success or deliciousness of. But, like the others, I want to believe! Bulgasal: Immortal Souls stars Lee Jin-wook (♥) as a cursed and immortal being who’s entangled with Kwon Nara in what I would expect hope is a fated romance. They’re joined by Lee Joon (welcome back!), and some epic-looking promo materials. I’m so in the mood for something epic and fate-filled, so don’t disappoint me, Bulgasal!

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/12/premiere-watch-bad-and-crazy-snowdrop-bulgasal-immortal-souls/

• Like 1

Lee Jin Wook And Gong Seung Yeon Are A Married Couple Ready To Fight To The Death In “Bulgasal”

Lee Jin Wook And Gong Seung Yeon Are A Married Couple Ready To Fight To The Death In “Bulgasal”

Dec 18, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Bulgasal” has shared a sneak peek of Lee Jin Wook and Gong Seung Yeon’s fiery marriage!

“Bulgasal” is a new fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara will star as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Gong Seung Yeon will star in the drama as Dan Sol, Dan Hwal’s wife from 600 years ago, who possesses a mysterious power that others can’t comprehend. As the only daughter of military officer Dan Geuk (played by Jung Jin Young), Dan Sol is forced by her father to marry Dan Hwal against her will.

Although Dan Hwal is able to skillfully read his enemies’ minds and hearts on the battlefield, he fails to notice the anguish of his own wife, who is miserably trapped in a loveless marriage that she didn’t want. Having spent her whole life unloved by her father, Dan Sol’s lonely and tragic fate continues after her marriage to Dan Hwal—and the couple ends up hurting each other and viciously tearing one other apart.

In newly released stills from the drama, Dan Hwal attempts to hold off a furious Dan Sol, who is wielding a sword with tears in her eyes. After grabbing her sword to prevent her from attacking him, Dan Hwal eventually winds up holding his exhausted wife in his arms.

Gong-Seung-Yeon-Lee-Jin-Wook.jpeg

Lee-Jin-Wook.jpeg

Spoiler

Gong-Seung-Yeon-Lee-Jin-Wook-2.jpeg

To find out what transpires between the unhappy couple—and whether they will meet again 600 years later, in the present day—tune in to the premiere of “Bulgasal” on December 18 at 9 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504330wpp/lee-jin-wook-and-gong-seung-yeon-are-a-married-couple-ready-to-fight-to-the-death-in-bulgasal

I guess she will be the female antagonist. Just reading about her faith/situation I am feel so sorry for her. I just hope she will find peace of heart at lest after many years of her tragic life.

• Like 1

Lee Jin Wook, Kwon Nara, And More Pick Keywords To Describe Upcoming Fantasy Drama “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t
Dec 18, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Bulgasal” premieres tonight!

“Bulgasal” is a new fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara will star as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal but remembers all her past lives.

Ahead of the premiere, stars Lee Jin Wook, Kwon Nara, Lee JoonGong Seung Yeon, and UP10TION’s Kim Woo Seok each shared three keywords to look out for in the drama.

First off, Lee Jin Wook chose the keywords: fate, revenge, and family love. He explained, “[The drama includes] the fate of someone who want to die but can’t and his revenge against those who killed his loved ones. Nevertheless, there are also sacrifices, love, and family love.”

lee-jin-wook1.jpg

Kwon Nara also chose “family love,” but she also mentioned “relationship” and “twists.” She said, “Over the course of 600 years, the characters get tangled up in relationships with twists after twists. However, there are parts where viewers will be able to feel family love. That’s why I hope this will be a drama that viewers can enjoy watching together.”

kwon-nara.jpg

Lee Joon stars as Ok Eul Tae, an extremely wealthy and powerful man whose identity is shrouded in mystery. The actor picked “twists,” “individuality,” and “visual beauty.” Concerning the first keyword, Lee Joon explained, “While reading the script, I was immersed in the unexpected development and read it very interestingly. I hope the viewers can experience the fun too.” Regarding the keyword “individuality,” he said, “The stories and situations of various characters make sense and are all attractive. I think towards the second half [of the drama], viewers will fall into a situation where they don’t know who to side with.” Lastly, he expressed his excitement about the cinematography that the staff members worked hard to perfect.

Spoiler

lee-joon.jpg

In the drama, Gong Seung Yeon plays Dan Sol, Dan Hwal’s wife 600 years ago. For her keywords, she picked “relationships,” “reincarnation,” and “treasures.” She commented, “It is a story that takes place based on entangled relationships. Also, there are characters from the past and characters who reincarnated to the present. In addition, this is a Korean fantasy drama revolving around precious Korean treasures.”

Spoiler

gong-seung-yeon1.jpg

Kim Woo Seok takes the role of Nam Do Yoon, who doesn’t feel overpowered by the bulgasal and follows him around like he’s an older brother. He chose “twists,” “time,” and “treasures” and remarked, “There will be unexpected twists in the development. In addition, there is tension [as the characters] go back and forth between the past and the present. Lastly, you can learn more about a variety of treasures that we usually don’t come across.”

Spoiler

kim-woo-seok.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504349wpp/lee-jin-wook-kwon-nara-and-more-pick-keywords-to-describe-upcoming-fantasy-drama-bulgasal

• Like 1

A solid 1st episode. Interesting history. Love LJW with the facial hair, so warrior manly.  So, after 600 years, the leads meet, hey.... hello, knew you back then when there were only forests and we either walked or rode horses and maybe donkeys. How, have you been? Love to see what happens in the present, the revenge...

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살 - Lee Jin Wook, Kwon Na-Ra & Lee Joon-Sat. & Sun.@21:00 KST

Kwon Nara’s And Lee Jin Wook’s Paths Could Soon Cross In “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 19, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “Bulgasal” has revealed new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Bulgasal” is a new fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara will star as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Spoilers

In the first episode, it was revealed that Min Sang Woon was a bulgasal in her past life 600 years ago. At the exact moment when she stabbed Dan Hwal, his soul was absorbed into her body and his pupils turned a shade of violet as he transformed into a bulgasal. With Dan Hwal forced to endure the curse of becoming a bulgasal and Min Sang Woon transforming into a human after taking his soul, it remains to be seen how their lives will carry out in the present day.

With the question of why she wanted to kill Dan Hwal in her past life still lingering, new stills reveal Dan Hwal, who has lived on for 600 yeras, and Min Sang Woon, who has been reincarnated.

In the stills, Dan Hwal wears all black as he tries to conceal his appearance while walking down the street. Meanwhile, Min Sang Woon appears in modern clothes instead of the hanbok (traditional Korean clothes) from her past life. She enters a deserted apartment, observing the desolate environment with a heavy gaze. What special meaning could this place hold for her?

Lee-Jin-Wook1.jpeg

Kwon-Nara.jpeg

Additionally, Dan Hwal fixes his eyes on something as his face furrows in anger. As he has lived through losing his family and having his soul stolen from him, he lives on only for revenge. Could he have tracked down Min Sang Woon?

Spoiler

Lee-Jin-Wook-1.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504510wpp/kwon-naras-and-lee-jin-wooks-paths-could-soon-cross-in-bulgasal

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1