[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

1 hour ago, Kathia said:

I bet we're gonna have all the answers next weekend. I doubt they'll leave it for the finale, or else it will be like torture...

I really hope they give us significant revelations for Episodes 13 and 14 because I will pull my hair in frustration if they dump it all on us in the finale week.

If the writers wanted this kind of storytelling they should've compressed it to a 12-episode drama and released the episodes in one go. That would save viewers the agony of wondering how the series would end week after week. Haha!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Haeun said:

Lee Joon is amazing I wish they'd give him more screen time than just 5 minutes

+1 on this.. haha his character really has so much to express!

61d8c924a8600a5aaf189f023c383a11de72ec7f

cr.: owner

8 hours ago, illay said:

I swear I don't try to embarrass your most favorite character but ET is super funny here

HAHAHA that white frizzy hair.. was hilarious, his skin was all wrinkly and cracked.. he needs to quickly get back home for his daily skincare and haircare regime!

Dolly Parton Christmas GIF by NETFLIX

if we are guessing one-sided love, i'm more inclined to thinking it's Lady Bulgasal for Hwal Bulgasal.. now the missing pieces are the real identity and purpose of Si Ho and the shaman at 1000 years ago.

if we match the present to the villagers at 600 years ago, there are still a few of them who haven't appeared in current timeline

https://asianwiki.com/Bulgasal:_Immortal_Souls

Yeon Ji and her sister (the kid who went to confront kid Hwal when her dad died; whole family was killed later on)

Gu Bong, the one who always led the rest of the villagers to hunt down kid Hwal

Pal Bong

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Lee Joon is good when he's being menacing, but kind of over the top when Eul Tae's trying to win Hwal's affections which doesn't help in my theory that it's him who has a one-sided "love" for Hwal.:joy: Hence his flamboyant nature.

The shaman was also suspicious in the past. I never trusted her. Kept rambling in riddles instead of helping the villagers resolve their grudge against Hwal. 

They have 4 episodes to reveal every missing gap for the past 1,000 and 600 years that these characters crossed paths with each other. Based on the breadcrumbs we've seen, everything started because of Eul Tae and his resentment towards his father. It led him to kill his brother, and "possibly" pitted the villagers against the OG Bulgasal pair.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, scribbledjunkie said:

I really hope they give us significant revelations for Episodes 13 and 14 because I will pull my hair in frustration if they dump it all on us in the finale week.

If the writers wanted this kind of storytelling they should've compressed it to a 12-episode drama and released the episodes in one go. That would save viewers the agony of wondering how the series would end week after week. Haha!

I agree, after 12 episode, finally in Episode 13 and 14 they give us the 1000 years flash back. We are keep spending our theory about what happen 600 years ago but eventually it is not the actual deal. 

The writer should put more solid story line and I hope the 1000 years problem not just another short one or two episode story (but I think it will) since the last two finale episode will wrapped up everything. Well knowing tvn the probably give happy ending. 

Until now, we have no idea why original Bulgasal exist (unlike other mythology creature/god) that has solid explaination in the drama. But this one none. Probably we will know at the ending.  

• Like 6

“Bulgasal” Rated Most Buzzworthy Drama + Kim Da Mi, Lee Joon, And Choi Woo Shik Top Actor List

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 25, 2022
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Bulgasal” has topped this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas! 

For the first time since its premiere in December, “Bulgasal” rose to No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Bulgasal” take No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy dramas, but its stars also dominated the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members, sweeping five spots out of the top 10. Lee Joon came in at No. 2, Lee Jin Wook at No. 4, Kwon Nara at No. 6, UP10TION’s Kim Woo Seok at No. 7, and Gong Seung Yeon at No. 8.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the third week of January are as follows:

1. tvN “Bulgasal”
  2. SBS “Our Beloved Summer”
  3. KBS1 “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won”
  4. SBS “Through the Darkness”
  5. KBS2 “Young Lady and Gentleman”
  6. MBC “Tracer”
  7. SBS “Let Me Be Your Knight
  8. JTBC “Snowdrop”
  9. Channel A “Show Window: The Queen’s House
  10. tvN “Ghost Doctor

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Kim Da Mi (“Our Beloved Summer”)
  2. Lee Joon (“Bulgasal”)
  3. Choi Woo Shik (“Our Beloved Summer”)
  4. Lee Jin Wook (“Bulgasal”)
  5. Kim Nam Gil (“Through the Darkness”)
  6. Kwon Nara (“Bulgasal”)
  7. Kim Woo Seok (“Bulgasal”)
  8. Gong Seung Yeon (“Bulgasal”)
  9. Ji Hyun Woo (“Young Lady and Gentleman”)
  10. Lee Se Hee (“Young Lady and Gentleman”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1510059wpp/bulgasal-rated-most-buzzworthy-drama-kim-da-mi-lee-joon-and-choi-woo-shik-top-actor-list

• Like 5

I wonder how Eul Tae managed to escape when they both fell into the river.

He didnt even have the strength to answer the phone while he was lying next to the tree.   

When Hwal regains his memories then he will be able to kill ET.

Although he  should have killed Eul Tae 1000 years ago.

FJ7Pp_fakAA7JGA?format=jpg&name=small

FJ7PqAKaMAM2OPG?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 5

21 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

if we match the present to the villagers at 600 years ago, there are still a few of them who haven't appeared in current timeline

https://asianwiki.com/Bulgasal:_Immortal_Souls

Yeon Ji and her sister (the kid who went to confront kid Hwal when her dad died; whole family was killed later on)

Gu Bong, the one who always led the rest of the villagers to hunt down kid Hwal

Pal Bong

I've been thinking about what you've said and realized something. Supposingly, every character is entangled with the Bulgasal, perhaps, Kim Hwa-Yeon's sister Kim Go-Bun (from the 1971 timeline) was one of the sisters from 600 years ago? Maybe even some of the villagers were characters like the antique sword dealers or the laundry plant employees. At this point, everyone is related since that ill-fated night 1000 years ago.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kathia said:

perhaps, Kim Hwa-Yeon's sister Kim Go-Bun (from the 1971 timeline) was one of the sisters from 600 years ago?

this could be possible too! because Hwal won't be able to recognize them in their adult form (like Do Yoon for Achan). but those who were already adults in the past, will appear to be same in current.

unless, the person in current has undergone full plastic surgery to be super pretty/handsome unlike in the past hahaha (ok, lame joke!) 

8 hours ago, larus said:

2. Lee Joon (“Bulgasal”)

YAY!!! @rocher22

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Spoiler image from Naver:

Spoiler

FJ_mZNUaUAA1qUd?format=jpg&name=small"

So he really was stabbed in the heart. Sacrificial act of love for Sangasal confirmed, lol. He took the soul from Eul Tae so she won't die. How sad.

With this cycle seeming to repeat, I wonder if Hwal will do the same again this time around and take back ET's soul so Sang Un can live? But I think the show is hinting towards a Different Choice so hopefully something else will happen.

• Like 6

Bulgasal: Immortal Souls: Episodes 11-12 Open Thread

by missvictrix

Bulgasal111_1.jpg

How deep does this thing go?! With more reveals, and more peeks at our backstory, we learn yet more about our hero’s past. But the more we learn, the more we learn we don’t know. And it’s crazy timing, because the relationship between our leads is starting to change…

EPISODES 11-12 WEECAP

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Bulgasal1112_2.jpg

Wow, I am more confused than ever about what the origin of this whole fate truly is. And I love it! It unfolds in such a way that we feel like we’re getting a fresh reveal, but with each reveal comes the question of whether it’s true or not. Can we trust Ok Eul-tae and the way he slowly dribbles out information to Hwal? Can we trust Sang-eon, now that we know more about her most recent reincarnation? And can we even trust our hero, after we see some questionable behavior in new flashbacks?

Of the many things I love about Bulgasal, it’s that we’re as much in the dark as our hero and heroine. We are fed the same snippets of information they are, and are left to make judgements based on these fragments. And this week, that starts to get to both Hwal and Sang-eon — both are newly torn by the trust they’ve built with each other, and the understanding and acceptance of who they are in the present. Hwal’s conclusion in the bathroom with Sang-eon is the same as mine at this point: I’m just going to go based on what I know and remember to be true.

Of course it’s more complicated than that, and if Bulgasal has taught us anything so far, it’s that not only can our characters not trust their memories, or the supposed memories of others, but that the wider stories around those memories can uproot everything they think they know.

So basically, we have two more weeks of this drama, and the tangle is only more tangled than ever, from the true backstory 1,000 years ago, to all the past flashbacks we were confused about last week. We get such a fragmented, disjointed narrative that we can’t be sure of anything. Isn’t it delicious? I just hope this all means we are in for a glorious mind-blowing ending. I hope I cry.

But back to the plot this week, much to my surprise little Do-yoon survives (yay!), which is not only the happy news everyone needs, but it makes Hwal more vulnerable, makes him open up to Sang-eon, and allows Sang-eon to be the light he needs. She assures him the past won’t be repeated. Gulp.

Do-yoon’s recovery, also, I suppose, is necessary so Hwal can hear a second confirmation of the truth he’s trying to prove: that Ok Eul-tae was the one that killed his family 600 years ago. With this confirmed by a second party, Hwal is sure. He dramatically burns the scroll of the Sang-eon bulgasal that he’s been toting around for centuries, and it’s a great turning point in the story.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/bulgasal-immortal-souls-episodes-11-12-open-thread/

• Like 7

9 hours ago, JustforBulgasal said:

NGL i barely even watch dramas at all, much less Kdramas. But this OST made me tear a lil.

Beautiful OST.  

I tend to limit my watching of KDramas because I have been angered and disappointed too many times by awful and senseless endings.  Hoping for better from Bulgasal but I'm prepared for it not to end well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, andy78 said:

i could not agree more...i fear i might be disappointed by the end too...telling the truth i did not like GOBLIN end very much

More truth:

Spoiler

I was absolutely enraged by the ending of Goblin and cannot excuse it ever.  Likewise the ending of Hwayugi (I now despise the writers known as The Hong Sisters and will NEVER watch anything they write) as well as a number of other dramas.  

My heart has been broken too many times.  But, no matter how foolishly, I continue to hold out a slender hope that there is a chance for Bulgasal to end well.

• Like 3