[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

3 hours ago, andy78 said:

SANGWOON TOLD HWAL THAT IT WASNT HER WHO KILLED HIS FAMILY IT WAS ACTUALLY EULTAE!!!WOW WHAT A END!!!I CAN'T WAIT NEXT WEEK EP!

FROM THE PREVIEW HE WILL FIND HIS WIFE IS PREGNANT...

Since Eul Tae kept saying to not believe whatever San Un told, Hwal will not immediately believe the new  information although I guess Hwal will start to doubt about all the things.

San Un actually mentioned to Hwal today about He would get a nephew but We don't see any response from Hwal, so I also excited to know more about his reaction after seeing Dan Sol throws up.

3 hours ago, andy78 said:
They look so close ...she saved him again it seems ...i wonder if we will have a kiss scene

Not that I want to disappoint you but I think at the most it's just a hug. As usual sang Un will be worry and feels relieved after seeing Hwal wakes up. Their relationship is not that far yet to be rewarded with a kiss haha. Hopefully when He already sure that Sang Un is innocent, We will get one (although I doubt it will be given considering the genre).

Anyway...I am quite surprised that Eul tae's secretary is behind Hwal's mom suicide on present time. Probably the suspect who surrendered instead of Eul Tae on Sang Yeon & her Mother case and then suicided was also killed by the secretary ? Actually I though the old man who kidnapped the blonde boy on earlier episode is doeksini.

Somehow the detective is so lucky. I am quite shocked that Eul Tae will help & let him alive.

I really like tonight episode...everything went by so fast. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, illay said:

I think at the most it's just a hug

i'm ok with a hug too...is a good start...i'm so sad seeing HWAL so cold and rude with her ...i have the feeling she will fall for him first ...Who is Siho’s boyfriend?

• Like 5

@andy78 I think She has already fallen for him but She is not conscious yet. 

I remember that You pointed out Hwal's harsh words when They spent a night in a lodging and Sang Un having a bad dream. My opinion about that is deep inside his heart, Hwal knows that it will be difficult for him to get revenge towards Sang Un that's why He is satisfied to know that She is also tormented even thought it's merely on a trivial thing (having bad dream).

For tonight episode, When He said harsh word again after coming home, He is just having a bad day and  Sang Un presence just  reminded him again that all the bad things happened to his life is because of Sang Un. We need to take a look from Hwal's perspective since He is still on his own theory that Sang Un is the villain.

Anyway...I suddenly remember about how Hwal's son was born blinded & his daughter died. I don't think the lady bulgasal is too evil enough to make the curse affects his children so I am curious why they were born like that. Is it just a natural disease which not known yet on that era or it's indeed because of the curse. If I am not wrong @Bleu Winter pointed out on earlier page that A-chan probably having tumor on his brain.

I think next time We will get a handsome well known actor to cameo as Dan Sol's boyfriend.

• Like 6

Poor Hwal, he's wearing the same clothes episode 7 and 8. I don't mind it, He never loose his handsome cool figure.

There is a hidden sword beneath his long coat (never thought he would bring a sword all along).

It's so funny when detective asked Hwal if he has girlfriend, he said NO right away. Grumpy Hwal!

Scene eating Instant noodle rainy day - He didn't show enthusiasm when SW told him she's so eager to meet the future baby of Si-Ho, (didn't he get a hint of Si-Ho pregnancy ? but he will in the next episode), I begin to suspect that SW will ask Hwal to marry her sister if she die later (and Hwal become a human)?

SangWoon: "What are you planning to do once you become human again?

Hwal: "I'm going to die!"   :grimace:                               

Silly Hwal, are you going to be Romie and Julie?

7 hours ago, illay said:

I think next time We will get a handsome well known actor to cameo as Dan Sol's boyfriend.

Hmmm.... Gong Yoo ?? or another Zombie actors

• Like 4

12 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

@ninaanin pointed it on #1 and i took a second look,

i think the 2 with the halo (lady and man) might have been deities that were meant to guard the cave where the bulgasal is supposed to be trapped in.. i saw another image on google image where the spot that Eul Tae stood in front of the painting, he blocked the view of the cave and an outstretched arm of a monster..

I like that hypothesis. Sang Woon and Hwal were deities who guarded the cave where Bulgasal Eul Tae was imprisoned. Something bad happened 1000 years ago, which led Eul Tae to escape. Maybe because of Hwal? If Hwal was the cause for Eul Tael to roam free, then a curse fell upon him (a deity was fooled by a monster, hence the punishment).

This weekend's episodes were good and interesting. We knew that blonde boy is the son (based on preview), and that Sang Woon was not the one who have killed Hwal's family. And I still think that little sister will help unveil the mystery (she can see not only the past but past lives too).

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, Kathia said:

I like that hypothesis. Sang Woon and Hwal were deities who guarded the cave where Bulgasal Eul Tae was imprisoned. Something bad happened 1000 years ago, which led Eul Tae to escape. Maybe because of Hwal? If Hwal was the cause for Eul Tael to roam free, then a curse fell upon him (a deity was fooled by a monster, hence the punishment).

i have the same feeling...it is not her the one who should be put in the cave but the evil Bulgasal Eul Tae ...maybe they'll end guarding the place again as deities...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, illay said:

Anyway...I am quite surprised that Eul tae's secretary is behind Hwal's mom suicide on present time. Probably the suspect who surrendered instead of Eul Tae on Sang Yeon & her Mother case and then suicided was also killed by the secretary ?

I didn't realize it was Hwal's mum who was the detective. Thanks for pointing it out. Somehow I have a bad feeling about this drama's ending. Maybe Sang Woon will die in order to save the rest? She has always tried her best to save her family and the people around her.  That is her nature, so maybe this time she wants to succeed in saving them for once but she will eventually die to protect them.

• Like 5

i hope Sang Woon doesn't die; she will get to live a normal life with Si Ho and the baby.

as for Hwal, he might dissipate when he gets back his soul. he has been around for way too long.. he needs to get reincarnated for a proper start in life.. the body has endured 600 years, he needs a good rest.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Let's not focus on her possibility of dying yet. Sorry for my random rambling. 

The picture where 2 deities supposedly protect the world from monsters, and maybe Eul Tae destroyed Sang Woon's soul as he was fascinated by her but she was never interested in him. 

So in the present time, how if Sang Woon was born with a soul sealed within her that has powers. Not Hwal's but Sang Woon's own soul. Like how when she could stop the monster in ep 3 while she had visions of caves. If it is awakened then she could overpower the monsters easily.

I didn't think Sang Woon could beat down the guy easily but she did with her hidden powers. Also possibly why Eul Tae can't kill her. 

In ep 7, when she was strangled by the fire monster, she had some purplish veins appear on her face before Hwal threw the monster in the air. It was similar like when Hwal had dream where she strangled him while he was ssleeping. 

Si Ho possibly could awaken all the hidden powers in all of them.

If Si Ho reads Sang Woon's and Hwal's palm (the scar) joined maybe we would get the answer to the past. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

I just want to know who's the baby Daddy is :lol:

maybe one of the 3 male leads in her previous drama will come as cameo?

hahaha Si Ho said that she likes handsome faces when she was in the car with the ex detective dad

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

- They're really keeping the identity of Si Ho's baby daddy a secret, huh? We might be surprised if it turns out to be Detective Ham (Hwal's subordinate in his past life).:joy:
- I had actually thought Sang Woon already recovered her memories. Turns out she's just basing that revelation from what her halmeoni slash past yeodongsaeng told her. 
- I wouldn't trust Eul Tae if he's being nice. There's always some hidden motive to it.
- My sister think the person with no memory actually refers to Hwal. Sang Woon is just the red herring.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Bulgasal: Immortal Souls: Episodes 7-8 Open Thread

by missvictrix

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Bulgasal0708_1.jpg

Bulgasal0708_1.jpg

Our bulgasal hero finds himself in a bit of a stalemate. In order to execute his plans, he must first figure out what’s going on with his new acquaintance — and get our heroine to remember the past life (and deeds) that she continues to vehemently deny. I don’t know about you, but I’m starting to believe her, what with the bucketload of twists and reveals this week.

EPISODES 7-8 WEECAP

I’ve got a few plot complaints to lodge this week, but that being said, they didn’t take away from my enjoyment of this unfolding story. For starters, I think I’m losing the threads a bit on why Hwal, Ok Eul-tae, and Sang-eon seem to be in this weird holding pattern. Hwal’s only path forward seems to be trying to jog Sang-eon’s memories, that’s where we spend most of the plot this week.

While all our other found family members redecorate the house, rejoice over rice cookers, and bond, Hwal is still at Sang-eon’s throat (sometimes quite literally). The two head out on a multi-day trip, and Hwal’s goal is to dig into Sang-eon’s most recent past life in the 1970s, and get some of her memories to come loose.

We learn that in this 1970s timeline, Sang-eon was known as Kim Hwa-yeon. She lived in a small village with her parents and little sister; they and their neighbors died in a huge and tragic fire, which Hwa-yeon escaped. Hwal is operating on the premise that Hwa-yeon set the fire to get Ok Eul-tae off of her tail, coldly sacrificing her family (and others) in the process. But here’s where we get one of our many twists this week.

Even though she remembers nothing, the pieces of the mystery are starting to come together for Sang-eon. She visits the woman, KIM GO-BEON (Lee Young-ran), whom she and Si-ho sought refuge with 15 years ago. They went there because Sang-yeon seemed to share a secret with her and sure enough, we get this revealed: Grandma Kim is actually Hwa-yeon’s little sister! *Chills!* She survived the fire that Hwa-yeon supposedly set. (More on this later.)

There’s another secret survivor of that fire, though, and that’s our shaman, whom we’ll call Aunt Lee. Her backstory in the current timeline is told: she was saved from a fire as a small girl by Hwal, who saw that she was taken care of at an orphanage. We learn that she was the neighbor of Hwa-yeon and yet another victim of the fire she supposedly set; this is also confirmed for us by Si-ho. And here’s my second squabble for this week’s action.

Si-ho has been pretty tangential up until this point. We know she’s precious to Hwal, and that her pregnancy might have more to it later on, but mostly we see her used as leverage, and interacting with Detective Kwon and Do-yoon (all of which is adorbs).

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/bulgasal-immortal-souls-episodes-7-8-open-thread/

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, andy78 said:

i have the same feeling...it is not her the one who should be put in the cave but the evil Bulgasal Eul Tae ...maybe they'll end guarding the place again as deities...

I hadn't made the connexion yet, and what you said just enlighten me that Hwal’s famous well is in fact a modern version of the cave of thousand years ago. Did Hwal make the connexion? I doubt, he is the most clueless bulagasal ever. :D

6 hours ago, Bleu Winter said:

Let's not focus on her possibility of dying yet. Sorry for my random rambling. 

The picture where 2 deities supposedly protect the world from monsters, and maybe Eul Tae destroyed Sang Woon's soul as he was fascinated by her but she was never interested in him. 

So in the present time, how if Sang Woon was born with a soul sealed within her that has powers. Not Hwal's but Sang Woon's own soul. Like how when she could stop the monster in ep 3 while she had visions of caves. If it is awakened then she could overpower the monsters easily.

I didn't think Sang Woon could beat down the guy easily but she did with her hidden powers. Also possibly why Eul Tae can't kill her. 

In ep 7, when she was strangled by the fire monster, she had some purplish veins appear on her face before Hwal threw the monster in the air. It was similar like when Hwal had dream where she strangled him while he was ssleeping. 

Si Ho possibly could awaken all the hidden powers in all of them.

If Si Ho reads Sang Woon's and Hwal's palm (the scar) joined maybe we would get the answer to the past. 

I think that the idea of two souls in one body is really good. This should be also possible, more possible than the possibilities that two bodies share one soul. ;) 

This is why I keep thinking that SW and SU, at the end of the day, are two different beings. 

If I did understand right, you think that the second soul would be SW’s soul, and this second soul would enable SU to have this hidden power. This is an interesting idea. But, how  could we explain the fact that, according to everybody, SW didn’t have a soul? Unless this is also not true and she had a soul as a deity.

Other possibility is that, as twins, they would share many things, including Hwal's soul, and a common past. But, in fact, they would be two separate entities: SW as the old one, SU as the new one. In this case, SU is a "fresh" person. We could see that possibility when both twins were alive: SW had an old and mature countenance; on the other hand, SU was a very normal, inexperienced, and young girl. 

I think that there could be a paradox here, created somehow by SW: they share the same “substance”, but they are different beings. If this case, I think that the paradox would also create the possibility of SU having her own soul.

Unless there is a paradox like that or unless SW had her own soul too, I can’t see how Hwal and SU could stay alive as human with just one soul.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1