[Drama 2023] Moving ☄ 무빙- Jo In Sung / Han Hyo Joo / Cha Tae Hyun (Disney+, Hulu)

Maetawinz

"Let's make a second Squid Game." What is the global OTT outlet strategy for Korea, Korea, and native OTT?

spacer.png

As both Netflix and Disney Plus, the world's No. 1 and No. 2 OTT companies, enter the Korean market, domestic OTT companies are also speeding up their entry into overseas markets by strengthening content investment. 

While the online video service (OTT) Netflix original series "Squid Game" was an unprecedented hit, Walt Disney Company's Disney+ also heralded a massive investment in the Korean content market. As both of the world's No. 1 and No. 2 OTT companies have entered the Korean market, domestic OTT companies are also preparing for a "counterattack" by strengthening content investment and speeding up their entry into overseas markets.

Disney+, which began its entry into the Korean market in earnest, said at a Media Day event on the 14th, "We plan to invest heavily in Korean content and all contents in the Asia-Pacific region over the next few years." Disney did not disclose the specific investment amount on this day, but it is active in entering the Korean content market by investing 66 billion won in Studio & New in April and signing a contract to receive more than one content every year for five years. The meeting also emphasized collaboration with Korean production companies several times, and seven of the 20 new contents in the Asia-Pacific region that were released were Korean contents.

https://www.khan.co.kr/culture/culture-general/article/202110181108001

• Like 2
  • Love 1

From "Squid Game" to "My Name"... K-Contents will be popular. 

As the Netflix drama "Squid Game" is becoming a hit across the world beyond Korea, interest in so-called "K-content"

such as Korean movies and dramas is heating up. In line with this trend, investment in K-content-related stocks is also increasing in the domestic stock market. There is also a movement to find and invest in stocks related to scheduled works that are expected to become the "second squid game."

NEW, one of the leading K-content stocks, has also risen by about 40% since the 17th of last month when the squid game was released. NEW has another positive factor. Disney+, an OTT that is set to launch in Korea, will unveil "Moving" produced by Studio & New, a content production subsidiary of NEW. Moving is a webtoon-based work by Kang Full, and Jo In-sung, Han Hyo-joo, and Ryu Seung-ryong appear, and the main actor alone is already drawing attention.

http://www.segye.com/newsView/20211019508684?OutUrl=naver

"Disney Plus" and "Apple TV" are coming...Korea OTT War Starts!

Disney Plus, which is set to be officially released on November 12, is also actively seeking to supply and demand Korean content. It plans to provide more than 16,000 times of content through Disney's six core brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, Star.

Disney Plus said it plans to invest more than $16 billion (about 17 trillion won) while entering Korea, Hong Kong, and Eastern European countries. It is determined to secure more than 50 original contents in the Asia-Pacific region by 2023. The Korean content lineup is also solid. Running Man: The one who plays on top of the one who runs, Seol Gang-hwa, BLACKPINK: The Movie, You and My Police Class, Grid, Kiss Six Sense, Moving, etc.

https://www.techm.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=89920

K-stars at the forefront of "OTT War".

It's literally "Star Big Bang." Not only top star actors but also K-pop's leading stars are competing fiercely to catch the attention of TV viewers, PCs, and mobile users. Global OTT (Online Video Streaming Service) Apple TV+ and Disney+ will launch a series of Korean services with stars in November.

Disney+ actively invests in original Korean content as well as Hollywood works such as Disney, Marvel, and Pixar. Jung Hae-in, Kang Daniel, Yoon Kye-sang, Jo In-sung, and BLACKPINK are at the forefront. It includes the series "Moving" starring Jo In-sung and Han Hyo-joo.

"Korea is captivating the world with excellent content and sweeping the global content and entertainment industry," said Jay Trinidad, head of Walt Disney Company's Asia-Pacific business. "We will show Korea's creative excellence to the world."

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20211025/109905232/3

• Like 1

Script reading for "Moving" released, to be launched in the second half of 2022. [Official]

spacer.png

Disney+, a world-class streaming service, has unveiled the script reading scene of the cast of Disney+'s original series Moving directed by Park In-je of "Kingdom" Season 2.

"Moving" finally unveiled its cast. Disney+'s original series "Moving" is a superpower action hero in which children living in the present with their hidden superpowers and parents living with their painful secrets of the past face the enormous dangers of the times and generations together.

First of all, the roles of parents who live hiding the painful secrets of the past experienced by superpower will be played by actors Ryu Seung-ryong, Han Hyo-joo, Jo In-sung, and Kim Sung-kyun with heavy acting.

Han Hyo-joo, who plays Jang Joo-won, who has won the public's hearts with irreplaceable acting such as "Kingdom" series and "Extreme Job," has a regenerative ability to recover quickly without feeling pain, and Han Hyo-joo, who shows three-dimensional acting with superhuman five senses.

On top of that, Jo In-sung, who exudes an unrivaled presence in various genres such as "Mogadishu" and "The King," will play veteran agent Kim Doo-sik with flying skills, and Kim Sung-kyun, who showed impressive performances in the "Sinkhole" and drama "Reply" series, will show a new appearance as Lee Jae-man with high speed and power.

Various characters related to some kind of incident related to parents of the past generation and children living in the present also appear. Cha Tae-hyun, who shows soft charisma through various works such as "Along with the Gods" and drama 'Police University', plays Frank, a mysterious character who gave him a strong presence.

In addition, the role of Choi Il-hwan, a teacher who teaches children who hide their superpowers that others do not know, was played by Kim Hee-won, a scene stealer with unique acting skills. Moon Sung-geun will play the role of Min Yong-joon, a veiled character behind a huge force.

The roles of children, Kim Bong-seok, Jang Hee-soo, and Lee Kang-hoon, who have the same superpower as their parents but live in the present without revealing them, are expected to revitalize the play.

After participating in the script reading for 'Moving' in August, Ryu Seung-ryong said, "I am excited, happy, and honored to participate in a good work. I'm looking forward to it even more with great staff and great colleagues. "I ask for your interest, expectation, and support." Han Hyo-joo said, "I met many good people through 'Moving', and it is an honor to share Kang Full's wonderful worldview. Perhaps there will be a drama of a genre that has not been seen in Korea so far. I'll do my best, so I hope you'll pay a lot of attention, she said.

Jo In-sung said, "I enjoyed watching the original work, and the unique worldview was pretty. I think it's a story that we can sympathize with each other around the world. He added, "I will prepare hard, so I hope you feel a lot of fun."

Disney+'s original series Moving will be released worldwide only through Disney+ in the second half of 2022.

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20211029/109972538/1

disneypluskr IG update

spacer.png

Children living in the present while hiding their superpowers, and parents wo have lived with the painful secrets of the past. "Moving," a superpower action hero series that faces the great dangers of the times and generations, will open a new world of Korean action heroes in 2022 with Disney+!

• Like 3

Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong, Cha Tae Hyun, And More Attend Script Reading For New Superhero Drama

Spoiler

spacer.png

Disney+ has shared a glimpse of the script reading for its upcoming original series “Moving”!

Based on the webtoon of the same name by Kang Full, “Moving” is a new superhero action drama about teenagers with hidden superhuman powers and their parents who, unbeknownst to them, harbor a painful secret from their past. They eventually team up to battle powerful dark forces that threaten multiple generations across different eras.

Jo In Sung will be starring as Kim Doo Shik, a veteran agent with the ability to fly, while Han Hyo Joo will star as Lee Mi Hyun, a hero with superhuman senses. Ryu Seung Ryong will play Jang Joo Won, who is unable to feel pain and has regenerative powers that allow him to recover quickly from an injury.

Cha Tae Hyun will play Jeon Kye Do, who can create electricity at will, while Kim Sung Kyun will play Lee Jae Man, who possesses superhuman speed and strength. Ryu Seung Bum will play Frank, a mysterious figure chasing down the protagonists, and Kim Hee Won will play Choi Il Hwan, a teacher who is hiding a special superpower that no one knows about. FInally, Moon Sung Geun will play Min Yong Joon, a character shrouded in mystery behind powerful forces.

spacer.png

At the script reading, which was held in August, Ryu Seung Ryong remarked, “I’m excited, delighted, and honored to be part of such a great project. I’m especially looking forward to working together with such amazing cast and crew members. Please give us a lot of interest, anticipation, and support.”

spacer.png

Meanwhile, Han Hyo Joo commented, “Through ‘Moving,’ I was able to meet many great people, and it’s an honor to be a part of this cool universe created by writer Kang Full. I think we’ll be able to create a drama of a genre that hasn’t been seen before in Korea. I’ll work my hardest, so I hope people will show a lot of interest [in the drama].”

spacer.png

Finally, Jo In Sung chimed in, “I really enjoyed reading the original webtoon, and I thought its unique universe was really beautiful. I feel like it’s a story to which the entire world will be able to relate. At any rate, I’ll work hard to prepare, so I hope people will really enjoy watching it.”

“Moving” is currently slated to premiere in the second half of 2022.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495859wpp/jo-in-sung-han-hyo-joo-ryu-seung-ryong-cha-tae-hyun-and-more-attend-script-reading-for-new-superhero-drama

• Like 2

Disney+ offers sneak peek into new, original K-drama, 'Moving,' starring Zo In-sung, Han Hyo-joo

Disney+ is one of the latest streaming giants to cash in on the global success of K-dramas, with a new action hero thriller titled, "Moving," debuting on the platform in the second half of 2022.

The series boasts a star-studded cast, including: Zo In-sung, Han Hyo-joo, Cha Tae-hyun and Ryu Seung-ryong. Based on a webtoon by Kang Full, the story follows three teenagers discovering their supernatural powers and their parents who conceal their own unusual powers. Together they battle dark forces that threaten multiple generations across different time periods.

Each of the characters is bestowed with a unique set of gifts, including flight, superhuman senses, the power to heal and brute strength.

spacer.png

Zo, known for his roles in hit dramas including, "The Winter the Wind Blows," (2013) and "It's Okay That's Love" (2014)," plays Doo-sik, a secret agent who has the ability to fly.

"I enjoyed reading Kang's original story, and the unique universe is beautiful. I think the whole world can relate to the story. I hope viewers enjoy it," he said.

Actress Han Hyo-joo will star as Mi-hyun, who has enhanced or superhuman senses. "It's a huge honor to be a part of creator Kang's universe. Perhaps this is a story that fans have never seen before in Korean dramas. It isn't a typical superhero story," she said.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Actor Ryu Seung-ryong plays Ju-won, who is unable to feel pain, and has the power to heal quickly from any injury.

"It's definitely surreal to be a part of such a great project. I'm looking forward to acting with an ensemble cast. We're putting in a ton of work to meet the viewers' expectations," he said.

Cha will play Kye-do, who has an electricity-based superpower, while Kim Sung-kyun plays Jae-man, who possesses brute strength and incredible speed.

Meanwhile, the three teenagers will be played by rising stars Lee Jeong-ha from "Nevertheless" (2021) and "Run On" (2021), Ko Yoon-jung from "Sweet Home" (2020) and "Law School" (2021) and Kim Do-hoon from "Dr. John" (2019) and "Darkhole" (2021).

Additionally, Ryu Seung-beom and Kim Hie-won will also star in the series as characters shrouded in mystery behind their unusual powers.

Earlier this month, Disney+ announced its plans to unveil five K-dramas: "Rookies," "Moving," "Grid," "Snowdrop" and "Sixth Sense Kiss" in 2022. Launching its service in Korea on Nov. 12, it vowed to expand its partnership with Korean content creators to roll out more original content in the coming years.

"Moving" is set to be released on Disney+ in the second half of 2022.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/10/688_317886.html

Jo In Sung’s Drama Comeback 'Moving Confirms Release in Second Half of 2022

Jo In Sung drama comeback

Disney Plus has unveiled the target release of webtoon-based Kdrama "Moving" starring Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong, Cha Tae Hyun and more.

According to reports, the upcoming action fantasy series is set to broadcast worldwide in the second half of 2022 on Disney's streaming home--this is also in line with the company's plan regarding its major expansion through exploring more Asian content.

Following the confirmation regarding the series' target release date, the network still cuts during "Moving" script reading.

Cast members, including lead stars Ryu Seung Ryong, Han Hyo Joo, Jo In Sung, and Kim Sung Gyun, attended the table read and got deeply involved in their respective roles that would surely pique the fans' interest.

At the script reading, the actors share their thoughts and expectations about the much-anticipated series.

Ryu Seung Ryong says that he is "thrilled" and "honored" to work alongside such a great team, adding, "I am looking forward to working with wonderful staff and wonderful colleagues."

The same goes for the "W" actress who shared that she met a lot of good people through "Moving" and was grateful "to share the wonderful worldview of writer Kang Full."

Lastly, Jo In Sung shared the same stance and praised the writer for creating a stunning piece of art.

"I enjoyed the original work, and the unique worldview was beautiful. I think it's a story that the whole world can relate to," he said and promised to work hard in preparation for the production.

Meet the Kdrama 'Moving' Cast

spacer.png

Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, Cha Tae Hyun

Han Hyo Joo will be showing her three-dimensional acting as she plays Lee Mi Hyun, who has five superhuman senses.

Meanwhile, Cha Tae Hyun took on the role of Jeon Gye Do, who has the superpower to generate electricity.

On the other hand, the "Miracle Cell" star portrays the character of Frank, a mysterious person who can pursue people using his power.

With his unique charisma and expertise in various genres, the "Escape from Mogadishu" star will act as the veteran agent Kim Doov Sik who harbors the ability to fly with flying ability.

Kim Sung Kyun took on the role of Lee Jae Man with a superpower of speed and strength.

Apart from the said stars, the complete list of "Moving" cast members includes Ryu Seung Bum, Kim Hee Won, Moon Sung Geun, Lee Jung Ha. Kim Do Hoon and "Law School" actress Go Yoon Jung.

The webtoon-based Kdrama is helmed by the "Kingdom 2" director Park In Je and penned by Kang Full.

Not only did the upcoming series have an impressive cast lineup, PD and writer, but "Moving" is among the forthcoming series with high production budget.

According to multiple reports, Jo In Sung's comeback drama has an estimated cost: 50 billion Korean won or 42,700,000 USD.

Interestingly, this will be Jo In Sung's return to the small screen after appearing in the 2016 Kdrama "Dear My Friends."

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/122521/20211028/jo-in-sung-drama-comeback-moving-second-half-2022.htm

Disney+ series ‘Moving’ to star Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong & more in superhuman roles

spacer.png

Sci-Fi with a twist! Disney+ is forging ahead with its record of K-dramas with another release planned. ‘Moving’ retells the story of teenagers with superhero powers and their parents who have dark hidden secrets. In a thrilling trope that deals with parental emotions, action, drama moulded with superhuman occurrences, ‘Moving’ is slated to air in the second half of 2022.

Based on a Korean webtoon of the same name, the writer of which will now helm it as the director. Jo In Sung will be making his return to dramaland to take on the role of Kim Doo Shik, a veteran agent who has a superpower that allows him to fly. He talked about his role saying, “I enjoyed the original work (webtoon), and thought the unique worldview was beautiful. I think it's a story that the world can relate to. I will work hard to prepare, so I hope you enjoy it.”

Meanwhile, Han Hyo Joo will be Lee Mi Hyun, a superhuman with 5 powerful senses. Her views on the drama were, “I have met many good people through ‘Moving’, and I am honored to share the wonderful worldview of writer Kang Full. Perhaps this will be a drama of a genre that has not been seen in Korea until now. I will do my best, so I hope you will show a lot of interest.”

Ryu Seung Ryong is Jeon Kye Do, a man unable to feel pain and with a regenerative power allowing him to heal quickly. The actor commented, "I am thrilled, happy, and honored to participate in a good project. I am looking forward to working with wonderful staff and wonderful colleagues. We ask for a lot of interest, anticipation and support.”

Cha Tae Hyun will act as Jeon Kye Do, with the power to create electricity, while Ryu Seung Bum is Frank, a mysterious figure who will chase down the superhumans. Kim Hee Won will act as Choi Il Hwan, a teacher with secret superpowers and Moon Sung Geun will play Min Yong Joon, a strange character.

‘Moving’ has been at the centre of attention not only for its plot but for its whopping budget at 50 billion KRW (approximately 42.7 million USD). With the script reading held in August this year, fans are excited for another action-filled drama.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/disney-series-moving-star-jo-sung-han-hyo-joo-ryu-seung-ryong-more-superhuman-roles-928964

12 Most Expensive Korean Dramas

spacer.png

Moving with the collaboration of Jo In Sung and Han Hyo Joo is recognized as the most expensive TV series in Korean history to date. The film is in the process of production, with an expected investment of 50 billion won. Kbizoom page said that filmmaking technology must increasingly improve to meet the audience's tastes. Therefore, it is understandable that Korean series are more expensive every year.

https://ngoisao.net/12-phim-dat-do-nhat-truyen-hinh-han-quoc-4379836.html

• Like 2

Unlike Apple+ Plus, which launched with a drama genre, Disney+ starts original Korean content as an entertainment program. Disney Plus will launch in Korea with original Korean content this year. There are a total of seven original Korean contents released by Disney+ so far.

Korean works to be released next year are more colorful and large in casting. The drama 'Moving', based on Kang Full's webtoon of the same name, is also expected. Writer Kang Full wrote the script himself and is directed by Park In-je of "Kingdom" season 2. It is a hero drama in which Ryu Seung-ryong, Han Hyo-joo, and Jo In-sung are included in the cast.

Disney+ said at a press conference on the 14th of last month, "We will continue to expand cooperation with Korean partners and creators and take Disney's efforts to the next level, which have been expanding contact with domestic consumers for a long time."

https://www.khan.co.kr/culture/tv/article/202111041525001

• Like 2

Moving ...What are the K-contents being prepared for Disney+?

Disney's OTT Disney+ was officially released in Korea on the 12th. Along with existing IPs such as Disney animation, Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars, interest in Korean dramas and entertainment programs that Disney+ is producing as original content is also growing.

Based on Kang Full's webtoon of the same name, Moving is a Korean hero drama about families with superpowers overcoming the upcoming crisis beyond the times and generations. Ryu Seung-ryong, Han Hyo-joo, Jo In-sung, Kim Sung-kyun, Cha Tae-hyun, Ryu Seung-beom, and Kim Hee-won will appear. It is being produced with the aim of being released in 2022.

https://www.etoday.co.kr/news/view/2077519

Video Greeting of the Cast of Moving

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Korean Dramas Projected to Release on Disney+

While it's been available in the United States for some time now, Disney+ is the newest streaming service available in South Korea. Viewers in South Korea are ecstatic at the fact that they can stream their favorite Marvel movie or their favorite Star Wars movie, but what's even more exciting is that Disney+ will have its own K-drama line-up as well! 

Five dramas will be joining this line-up, and this is quite exciting to hear as these will be Disney+ exclusive. Before we even get started on the list, we said the word "exclusive" also because the starring cast for some of these dramas is pretty insane! Without further ado, let's take a look at some of these dramas! 

spacer.png

Moving

spacer.png

Another power acting duo, this drama is based on the webtoon "Kang Full." It covers a story of three teenagers discovering their unnatural superpowers and their story to hide it from the public. The drama is set to air in 2022.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/12/korean-dramas-projected-to-release-on-disney

Lee Kwang Soo Sends A Coffee Truck For His Three Friends Starring in the Drama 'Moving'

spacer.png

Lee Kwang Soo's sweet behavior towards his own co-actors has been proven with him by sending a coffee truck that is different from others and tickles netizens.

Having been friends for a long time, Lee Kwang Soo's sweet treatment of his fellow actors recently caught attention. The actor has sent gifts of coffee trucks to three of his colleagues at the same time which is rarely done by most artists.

On Thursday (16/12), Lee Kwang Soo sent a coffee truck which is one of the actors' cultures to support each other on the set. It is seen that he sent a truck to the set of the Disney+ drama "Moving" to show his support for the three drama stars namely Ryu Seung Ryong, Han Hyo Joo and Jo In Sung.

This gift giving was exhibited directly by Han Hyo Joo in her Instastory upload which showed the coffee truck on the set. "Thank you. See you later!" wrote Han Hyo Joo also tagging Lee Kwang Soo's Instagram account.

https://www.wowkeren.com/berita/tampil/00401070.html

• Like 3

Here You Go: All The K-Dramas That We're Excited To Watch In 2022

As early as now, we can already *predict* that 2022 is going to be another good year for K-dramas! The list is not only long but also diverse—there's at least one series from every genre we can think of. Which only means that we'll spend more time watching them than getting a good night's sleep, LOL. Excited to know the Korean titles that will premiere next year? Here you go:

Moving

Who's in it: Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong, Cha Tae Hyun

Release date: Second half of 2022

What we know so far: It's Jo In Sung's K-drama after eight years! Moving will take us to the world of teenagers with hidden superhuman powers and their interesting backstories. The drama will air on Disney+ and we're hoping the streaming app will be available in the PH soon!

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/2022-k-dramas-guide-a4575-20211219-lfrm2

Past, Present and Future of Famous Han Hyo Joo Starring in Her Best K-Dramas

Born on February 22, 1987, actress Han Hyo Joo is one of the most popular stars inside and outside the borders of South Korea. Her artistic career began when she was just a teenager, she participated in a youth beauty contest, later that would lead her to participate simultaneously in film and television in the film My Boss, My Teacher and in the K-Drama Nonstop 5, both productions premiered in 2005. As an actress on the small screen, the actor has stood out in interesting productions, one of which has not yet been released.

spacer.png

Moving

Set to premiere sometime in 2022, Moving will star Han Hyo Joo, Jo In Sung, Ryu Seung Ryeong, Cha Tae Hyun and Kim Sung Kyun, revolving around the story of Kim Bong Seok, Jang Hee Soo. and Lee Gang Hoon who attend the same high school trying to pretend they are normal students, but actually have special abilities that they inherited from their parents. Kim Bong Seok has the ability to fly, while Jang Hee Soo has excellent athletic skills and can quickly recover from injuries. Lee Gang Hoon has incredible strength and speed.

https://www.inspiredtraveler.ca/past-present-and-future-of-famous-han-hyo-joo-starring-in-her-best-k-dramas/

• 2 weeks later...

K-Contents and K-Stars who are advancing to "2022 Pay attention to them!

2021 was a year when K-content and K-star spread around the world. Beyond the category of "Hallyu Star" that stayed in the Asian market, Korean singers and actors have expanded their position in all directions.

Let's look at K-content and K-star that should be noted in 2022.

#Lee Minho, Park Seojoon, Jo Inseong, and I'll make 2022 mine!

Jo In-sung is filming a new OTT Disney Plus + film with Ryu Seung-ryong and Han Hyo-joo. It is a fantasy action film about children living in the present with their superpowers hidden and parents living in the past hiding the painful secrets of the past. Its production cost is as much as 50 billion won.

In the series, Jo In-sung plays veteran agent Kim Doo-sik with flight capabilities, while Ryu Seung-ryong and Han Hyo-joo play Jang Joo-won, who quickly recovers without feeling pain, and Lee Mi-hyun, who has superhuman five senses. Disney+ is reportedly preparing "Moving" as a representative masterpiece in 2022.

https://ilyo.co.kr/?ac=article_view&entry_id=419880

Dramas to look forward to this year on streaming services

Disney Plus "Moving"

Among Disney Plus' original works, the most anticipated work this year is "Moving." Kang Full's webtoon is based on and is evaluated as a Korean hero. When Disney+ was released, it drew attention with the casting of Ryu Seung-ryong, Jo In-sung, and Han Hyo-joo.

https://news.jtbc.joins.com/html/337/NB12041337.html

Lee Jeongha of "Moving",  ...Global rookies to be discovered through OTT.

2021 was the year when a number of big OTT rookies were discovered. At a time when domestic rookies are being unveiled around the world in the wind of global OTT, expectations are high for the outstanding performance of newcomers in 2022.

Lee Jung Ha casted as the main character for "Moving," a masterpiece worth 50 billion won

spacer.png

Rookie Lee Jung-ha, who has been attracting attention for his stable acting and warm face through "Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryeong" and "I Know" since his debut in the web drama "Heart Attack" in 2017, will play the lead role in Disney+'s original series "Moving" (Kang Full Screenplay, directed by Park In-je). "Moving" is a superpower action hero in which children living in the present with their superpowers hidden and parents who have lived with their painful secrets of the past face the enormous dangers that have come beyond the times and generations. Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, Kang Full, the original author, participated in the script himself, as well as the super-luxury casting of Ryu Seung-ryong, Han Hyo-joo, Jo In-sung, Cha Tae-hyun, Ryu Seung-beom, and Kim Sung-kyun.

Lee Jung-ha will play the main character Kim Bong-seok in the midst of that. Kim Bong-seok is the son of Lee Mi-hyun (Han Hyo-joo), who has superhuman five senses, and veteran agent Kim Doo-sik (Jo In-sung), who has flight capabilities. The most important axis of "Moving" as a high school student who lives the present without revealing it even though he has the same superpower as his parents. Lee Jung-ha actually gained 30kg and completed the character by attending an action school for the synchronization with the extreme.

Lee Jung-ha said, "I'm nervous to be on the stage as a global OTT, but I'm honored and happy to be able to do Korean hero movies with cool seniors," adding, "I've been preparing hard to gain weight (laugh) to suit my role and filming." Please look forward to "moving," he said.

https://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=202201040100013120000638&servicedate=20220103

• Like 1

Webtoon-based TV series set to catch eyes of viewers in 2022

In 2022 TV lineups released by South Korean broadcasters and global streaming services, a slew of webtoon-based series are drawing attention from Korean drama fans at home and abroad.

In recent years, homegrown webtoons, or web-based comics, have risen as a tried-and-true source of fresh ideas for producers and screenwriters here. Many of their TV adaptations have become global hits.

Disney+, a content streaming service from Walt Disney Co., has ordered "Moving," a TV edition of the namesake Korean digital cartoon by renowned web cartoonist Kang Pool, for a scheduled release later this year.

Starring Ryu Seung-ryong, Zo In-sung and Cha Tae-hyun, "Moving," about three high school students and their parents with supernatural powers, is expected to become one of the most expensive TV series in Korea with an estimated 50 billion won (US$41.8 million) in production costs.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220104003700315