[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] You Are My Hero 你是我的城池营垒

sugarplum892

@jadore1  in chinese, this how Mi Ka is written. 米佧 the first character (Mi) is how rice is written and the second character is the ancient name for an ethnic group in China (source: http://approachinese.com/dict/zh2en/佧/). I asked a friend who is proficient in Mandarin but she says it's not a common word and doesn't have any other known meaning. I suspect the name was chosen more for its sound? Well, if anyone with the background knowledge of this novel can answer this, then it would be great! I understand the author, Mu Qing Yu is someone who likes writing novels with the military as the context/setting.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Totally hooked to this drama!

This is no DOTS just them walking in uniform and that is it.

I love the story, so grounded, I love the leads on their own and their chemistry. I love the side stories, they complement and not just another subplot.

I love how the story progressed so far.

I love watching Kelei watch over and love Mi Ka.

I love how Mi Ka is noticing and starting to like Kelei as well.

I love Keyao jie, not your usual sister in law.

Been away from soompi for a while

dunno if I can post twitter posts here

of not kindly delete

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Happy to have found this thread! :hooray2:

Im currently studying mandarin on my own and was looking for a new drama to watch then i saw that there were a lot of episodes for this drama that has been uploaded and subbed but never thought that i will be hooked. I love the storyline, at first you will have that DOTS feeling but as i watch the rest i also felt like im watching Emergency Couple and Romantic Dr. Kim all together, which is awesome! 

Im more into the 2nd and 3rd couple cause their story still seemed to have surprises compaired to the main couple. Too bad that there were little to no shared screentime for our 2nd couple in episodes 18-20 T__T. 

I also know that a lot of BJT's fans were so happy about his first onscreen kiss. IMHO, it was perfect, that the story needed it and not just for the sake of romance. 

Btw, for those who cant wait to watch the next eps and are willing to watch it without subs you can watch it at doboku tv.

Edited by blue_izce8
  • Like 2

subbed episodes are updated on WeTV you just have to subscribe with a minimal fee to get the latest subbed episodes.

some sooiler scenes to those who havent watched yet

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@jadore1  in chinese, this how Mi Ka is written. 米佧 the first character (Mi) is how rice is written and the second character is the ancient name for an ethnic group in China (source: http://approachinese.com/dict/zh2en/佧/). I asked a friend who is proficient in Mandarin but she says it's not a common word and doesn't have any other known meaning. I suspect the name was chosen more for its sound? Well, if anyone with the background knowledge of this novel can answer this, then it would be great! I understand the author, Mu Qing Yu is someone who likes writing novels with the military as the context/setting.

Thank you @SC2019  this drama has such happy vibe that i look forward to the rest with a sappy smile on my face. 

• Like 2

Im happy with the development of our main and 3rd couples' relationship.

SKL is really trying his best to give this relationship a chance even with the help of his alarm clock lolz! I love how their dates have specific times and cant be adjusted like a SWAT training per Wenbo hahahaha 

While Dr. Yuhan is very much open to Keyao looks like he is trying to make up for something in the past. This couple looks very professional on the outside, i cant imagine how theyll like sweet in the upcoming episodes ♡♡♡

Wenbo is just sooooooo frustrating until ep 24 i think. Not sure if this guy is just playing dumb or what :angry: i hate to see Xia chasing him, i hope she gives Lufeng a chance instead of wasting her time with Wenbo.

I loved how MK used SKL to get the camera and the delete the photos hehehe plus the girls night cuddling at the sofa is love too

• Like 5

@blue_izce8 u saw previews? Only E20 is out.... I must say our Dr Shu looks so much younger in the poster than in real life. But I am enjoying this character so much and the actor who portays him has got really appropriate facial expressions 
especially when he was eating (you know what) during the dinner which was a treat from Mi Ka. What a delicacy though and what cheek she had in choosing such a dish!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@SC2019i agree Dr. Yuhan's acting is on point and i like his character both in and out of the hospital. He looks great too and his chemistry with Keyao is good as well.

Btw, is it just me, but i think Shu Wenbo looks a bit like Ethan Ruan?

Edited by blue_izce8
  • Like 2

@blue_izce8

I don't think he looks like Ethan Ruan but I think I know why you said he did. Though the first time I saw Shu Wen Bo, I thought he was the ML (my bad, I know) and appearance-wise I am more besotted with him than the ML. Incidentally, for those who don't know mandarin, Bai Qing Ting (our ML's name) sounds very similar to 'dragonfly' (written differently but sounds almost the same).

So, I took a sneak peak from the previews about where this drama is headed...

Spoiler

For those who want to watch the previews for E20-26, here are the links from the official Tencent site. It could be geo-restricted, so try your luck.

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200aakg0rw/m00361zlvcl.html (courtesy of blue_izce8)

In summary, the direction that this show is going .... our ML is diagnosed with adenoma of the pituitary glands and by E25/26, our FL finds out, much to her chagrin that he's been keeping it to himself. From the snippets it looks like she may be trying to remove it for him in surgery (but then again, it could be a red herring, I believe there are ethical issues for operating on family members but at this point, they are not married yet.) Ok, from the Chinese subs, confirmed she is NOT doing the surgery for him (as the chinese pronoun character is for a female, so it's likely a patient with the same condition as him.)

According to the Mayo Clinic, (source:https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pituitary-tumors/symptoms-causes/syc-20350548#:~:text=Some pituitary tumors can cause,other parts of your body), an adenoma is a tumour that develops in the pituitary glands, and is usually benign - it won't spread to other parts of the body. Ways to treat it include including removing the tumor, controlling its growth and managing one's hormone levels with medications. But of course, this is fiction and we don't know how the scriptwriter is going with the story. Signs and symptoms of pressure from a pituitary tumor may include headaches, vision loss, particularly loss of peripheral vision (which I think our ML was trying to test from a scene in the drama).

@Super_Dede you would be extremely thrilled with the start of E21.

Edited by SC2019
Added something after watching E21
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@blue_izce8

I don't think he looks like Ethan Ruan but I think I know why you said he did. Though the first time I saw Shu Wen Bo, I thought he was the ML (my bad, I know) and appearance-wise I am more besotted with him than the ML. Incidentally, for those who don't know mandarin, Bai Qing Ting (our ML's name) sounds very similar to 'dragonfly' (written differently but sounds almost the same).

So, I took a sneak peak from the previews about where this drama is headed...

Reveal hidden contents

For those who want to watch the previews for E20-26, here are the links from the official Tencent site. It could be geo-restricted, so try your luck.

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200aakg0rw/m00361zlvcl.html (courtesy of blue_izce8)

In summary, the direction that this show is going .... our ML is diagnosed with adenoma of the pituitary glands and by E25/26, our FL finds out, much to her chagrin that he's been keeping it to himself. From the snippets it looks like she may be trying to remove it for him in surgery (but then again, it could be a red herring, I believe there are ethical issues for operating on family members but at this point, they are not married yet.)

According to the Mayo Clinic, (source:https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pituitary-tumors/symptoms-causes/syc-20350548#:~:text=Some pituitary tumors can cause,other parts of your body), an adenoma is a tumour that develops in the pituitary glands, and is usually benign - it won't spread to other parts of the body. Ways to treat it include including removing the tumor, controlling its growth and managing one's hormone levels with medications. But of course, this is fiction and we don't know how the scriptwriter is going with the story. Signs and symptoms of pressure from a pituitary tumor may include headaches, vision loss, particularly loss of peripheral vision (which I think our ML was trying to test from a scene in the drama).

@Super_Dede you would be extremely thrilled with the start of E21.

Omg I am about to go buy a lottery ticket. So much sweetness and BJT trending lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 3/20/2021 at 4:32 AM, nonski said:

Totally hooked to this drama!

This is no DOTS just them walking in uniform and that is it.

I love the story, so grounded, I love the leads on their own and their chemistry. I love the side stories, they complement and not just another subplot.

I love how the story progressed so far.

I love watching Kelei watch over and love Mi Ka.

I love how Mi Ka is noticing and starting to like Kelei as well.

I love Keyao jie, not your usual sister in law.

Been away from soompi for a while

dunno if I can post twitter posts here

of not kindly delete

I Love your poem to them LOL :blush:  I totally agree with the almost realistic normality of this drama . They are such decent and honourable individuals and with their professions, their total dedication, constant training and studying ,  I can see them being exactly as they are and I would not change anyone or anything in this drama.   I am lucky, I get to see most of the c dramas that I watch twice, lol...once raw and once subbed.   I am not always 100% sure what reaches across the oceans and plays to my heart strings, but when it does I go for it and I adore them for the hours of happiness they provide. 

I have to mention Dr. Shao here , what an amazing doctor and mentor. Contrary to some beliefs I think he immediately saw who performed the elevator surgery and continued to support Mi Ka with total professionalism and affection . Just love the guy. 

• Like 5

Thank you @jadore1 for the appreciation.

So here's what made Bai Jingting trending on Weibo. :)  The Car Kiss scene.  Spoilery.  But I guess everyone in the forum is mostly up to date if not just don't open the twitter link.  It's Xiao Bai's first ever on-screen kiss seven years after debut.

related post... Mi Ka's reaction after.... pure cuteness and love!

and some Bai JIngting cuteness

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@nonskithanks for sharing the clips! 

I started the series last weekend and got hooked. I was going to wait until all the episodes were out before I continued but I couldn't resist this weekend!  I want to stay up to date with you all!!   All the spoilers on social media is not helping!  

Between Lu Feng and WSB, I'm team WSB butI feel so bad for Lu Feng! He didn't get invited to the mini vacation especially when it was his idea! LF has no chance with Xia at all. 

When they played truth or dare, please correct me if I'm wrong, did XKL said he has no memories of his first kiss!?!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, NYXbaby said:

@nonskithanks for sharing the clips! 

I started the series last weekend and got hooked. I was going to wait until all the episodes were out before I continued but I couldn't resist this weekend!  I want to stay up to date with you all!!   All the spoilers on social media is not helping!  

You're welcome!  Yeah, it's quite spoilery out there so let's just join the fun. :) 

24 minutes ago, NYXbaby said:

Between Lu Feng and WSB, I'm team WSB butI feel so bad for Lu Feng! He didn't get invited to the mini vacation especially when it was his idea! LF has no chance with Xia at all. 

I'm team Wenbo but what a blockhead!  I coined the WenXia couple name. :)  Lu Feng... no chance at all.

24 minutes ago, NYXbaby said:

When they played truth or dare, please correct me if I'm wrong, did XKL said he has no memories of his first kiss!?!

Yes he said no memories of it.  I think he did not want to put Mi Ka on the spot.

SPOILER ALERT  ( do not open if you don't want to be spoiled)

Preview 23-29  generous souls are welcome to translate, please put them on spoiler mode as well. thank you.

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, NYXbaby said:

*spoiler

Saw a ring on MK's finger in this clip! 

yes OST MVs are really spoiling us, there was one I saw Kelei kneeling and giving her a ring, Mi Ka opening a rng box, Mika lying in a hospital bed with Kelei and him caressing her hand with a ring on it.  A back hand with Mi Ka's hand on focus and a ring on it.

Ma Sichun in an interview about the kiss scenes and comparing kissing scenes with other co-stars.

• Like 1
  • Love 1