[Drama 2021] High Class, 하이클래스

larus

The conversation of Chair Doh and her boy toy clarifies the reasons for the invitation of Yeo Weol to the island and the International School. Chair Doh and Ji Sun both made investments through Midas Investment managed by An Ji Yong, the husband of Yeo Weol. The investments incurred heavy losses and An Ji Yong disappeared and declared dead. Ji Sun used her own money so her hostility towards Yeo Weol is personal as the wife of Ji Yong. However, their latest meeting and conversation established the blamelessness of Yeo Weol concerning her husband's losses of the Midas investments. As a businesswoman, Ji Sun also knows that there is always a risk of loss when making investments unless Ji Yong made illegal investments unknown by his clients. So, Ji Sun's losses are personal. Chair Doh however, seems to have used the foundation's money and therefore feels pressured to recoup and replace the money lost because if the Board realizes the loss, Chair Doh will lose her job. Chair Doh wants to make sure how involved Yeo Weol is in her husband’s investment projects, therefore will try and recoup the losses through Yeo Weol but if Yeo Weol is not involved then Chair Doh will have to take the responsibility. Her boy toy suggested to get Hong Kong to invest in which Chair Doh replied “over my dead body”. Did Ji Yong make investments in Hong Kong? Na Yoon lived in Hong Kong before she arrived in Jeju with her daughter. What does she know of Ji Yong’s investments? Did Ji Yong hide the money through Hong Kong investments using Na Yoon? 

• Like 2

So Danny Oh is an orphan... interesting. Intriguing. He also has several burner phones ( shown on the last scene ep5)) plus he also has the missing phone Yi chan bought to camp taken by Jae In who fell asleep so Danny took the phone. So yeah.. could the PI.

As for two faced Na Yoon. Ha! she wanted to smother her with a pillow but Yeo Wool stirred and woke up. Then Na Yoon signed the petition to to expel Yi Chan. All the while being two faced and trying to be so close and friendly to Yeo Weol. Even had the gall to ask Yi Chan can stay live ther and so he can taste her cooking.  I'm sure there's sob story there with her and the ahjumma that suffered the hit and run. Drama's been hinting.

I like when Yeo Weol confronted Ji Sun " I don't have time for manners and etiquette right niw". Yeah... tell it to her!

25 minutes ago, lila21 said:

The conversation of Chair Doh and her boy toy clarifies the reasons for the invitation of Yeo Weol to the island and the International School. Chair Doh and Ji Sun both made investments through Midas Investment managed by An Ji Yong, the husband of Yeo Weol.

Can't belie Doh has a boy toy! :o:rolleyes::D

But yeah sure feels like they want to keep an eye on Yeo Weol.  Doh is like blackmailing or trying to make sure Danny Oh is  stays in his  place. I dont think he's An Ji Yong even with plastic surgery. It's kinda far out. I mean the husband looks older and  can't imagine the husband playing hockey.   Plus.. Danny Oh's resume, he was part of winning stanley cup team but study in toronto.. if I remember.

small matter but I think I cringe with the boy toy and Doh:lol::D

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jongski said:

I dont think he's An Ji Yong even with plastic surgery. It's kinda far out. I mean the husband looks older and  can't imagine the husband playing hockey.   Plus.. Danny Oh's resume, he was part of winning stanley cup team but study in toronto.. if I remember.

Thank the drama makers for that....keep the drama believable, no more Penthouse stuff!!! Danny still is a mystery... we still know so little about him and his reasons for being in the island. If he is the PI, was he hired by Yeo Weol online or was he recommended by a friend because even the voice on the phone is a robotic voice. How can Yeo Weol trust and hire a PI she has not met, know, or interviewed personally? It is not like her.

55 minutes ago, jongski said:

As for two faced Na Yoon. Ha! she wanted to smother her with a pillow but Yeo Wool stirred and woke up. Then Na Yoon signed the petition to to expel Yi Chan. All the while being two faced and trying to be so close and friendly to Yeo Weol. Even had the gall to ask Yi Chan can stay live ther and so he can taste her cooking.  I'm sure there's sob story there with her and the ahjumma that suffered the hit and run. Drama's been hinting.

If the ahjumma is her mother, Na Yoon is also a hypocrite who denies and neglects her mother who not only works as a maid but also sells rock fish for a living.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jongski said:

small matter but I think I cringe with the boy toy and Doh:lol::D

I cringe on him speaking English because no one can understand what he is saying. It is a good thing he is subbed. I hope he stops murdering the language.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Episode 6 

I am liking that even after the confrontation between Ji Sun and Yeo Wool that Ji Sun has a new respect for Yeo Wool and in her own seemingly adversarial way, she helps Yeo Wool. She told Yeo Wool who was still defending Na Yoon even after she saw the list of mothers that were to petition to oust her son from the school which included Na Yoon, to be careful of whom she should trust. I think that Ji Sun has realized that Yeo Wool is after all not a pushover opponent as she first thought and developed new respect for Yeo Wool. When the mothers in which included Na Yoon and Yeo Wool had a drinking meetup and toasting each other, Ji Sun went to the bathroom and Na Yoon followed. Ji Sun knew that Yeo Wool would follow them. Ji Sun told Na Yoon that in return for her efforts to make the list of petitioning mothers that Ji Sun will have not have any involvement with Na Yoon anymore. Yeo Weol was just outside the door listening and her phone rang. Ji Sun calmly stood where she was knowing who was outside the door, while Na Yoon in panic ran out of the door looking for the person whose phone rang Yeo Weol was already gone. Ji Sun also did prove to Yeo Weol that she will abide by the agreement and not oppose Yeo Weol’s assignment as the school’s lawyer. She also sent her personal secretary to Hong Kong. So, it maybe that the money in the Midas Investment fund was converted into a slush fund that was deposited in Hong Kong. Ji Yong faked his death when he was in a yacht with Yeo Weol knowing that Yeo Weol will suffer the consequences including being blamed for the death, being gossiped about and being called a murderer. I hope that the wicked Chair Doh has him suffering intolerably somewhere. 

Chair Doh knew all about Na Yoon and had brought her back to Jeju from Hong Kong. Her plan all along is to put all the blame on Yeo Weol for her husband's death and send her to prison for conspiracy, blackmail, murder and fraud and keep the slush funds??? that are hidden in Hong Kong. She was also the one who brought Danny boy to Jeju to watch over and spy on Yeo Weol and report to her. Too bad that Danny boy is attracted to Yeo Weol and is protecting her. Ji Sun may know about whatever Chair Doh is hiding in Hong Kong. My guess is, Ji Sun will realize the greed of Chair Doh and there will be an ending of their alliance. I have a feeling that Ji Sun will support and be an ally of Yeo Weol against Chair Doh and Na Yoon. Danny boy was not the only person attracted to Yeo Weol because it seems that Chef playboy has been crushing on Yeo Weol or does he have another objective? Does he also think that Yeo Weol has the missing funds and wants to have a piece of the pie through Yeo Weol? It seems that when it comes to Yeo Weol, it is hard to believe the purity of intentions of each of the characters towards Yeo Weol.  I really think that Ji Sun and Yeo Weol will be a strong unbeatable team if they ever get to realize that.  

The ending of episode 6, the confrontation between the two wives. It is funny that Na Yoon puts all the blame on Yeo Weol who was in shock realizing the betrayal of the man she called her husband. Na Yoon claims that she is the true wife because she was “first but the fact is she could not keep her man to herself and in two months betrayed her and married and impregnated another woman in the space of 2 months. That husband who married her first can be charged with bigamy. She should not be too proud or too loud about stating that she is the first wife because she will be laughed at and gossiped about as the wife who could not keep her bigamist husband to herselt  What both women need to realize and accept is they married a cheating, irresponsible, adulterer and possibly a crook and a swindler. Jae in and Yi Chan are both sweet, adorable and innocent and for their sake, both mothers can make a compromise to at least be civil to each other.

One other thing, the firm where Yeo Weol used to work had been offering her a partnership position and wooing her to return to work because a foreign client was requesting only Yeo Weol to be their lawyer. I wonder if that foreign client is her bigamist husband???

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, lila21 said:

Danny boy was not the only person attracted to Yeo Weol because it seems that Chef playboy has been crushing on Yeo Weol or does he have another objective? Does he also think that Yeo Weol has the missing funds and wants to have a piece of the pie through Yeo Weol? It seems that when it comes to Yeo Weol, it is hard to believe the purity of intentions of each of the characters towards Yeo Weol.............

One other thing, the firm where Yeo Weol used to work had been offering her a partnership position and wooing her to return to work because a foreign client was requesting only Yeo Weol to be their lawyer. I wonder if that foreign client is her bigamist husband???

Danny finally "shown" concern and love interest to Yeo weol on EP6 - that answered your prayer that you wish they have some romance between the two. :D Yes...... I love to see both have romance too, but currently she is too busy to find the truth... it may be towards the end that the same guy is waiting for her at the beach, the first place that they met :D

The chief playboy either has a crush on her or a motive behind that related to the missing fund? I think the latter. Surprisingly, he was the one who gave her a bouquet of flowers and card upon the arrival of her settling.

About the foreign client offering her a partnership position, i am curious too when they repeated the conversation scene, it must be someone important, but not sure who is that person. 

Did you find annoying when the president Doh Toy boy spoke in English, I couldn't even hear clearly what he said...something about his pronunciation. Luckily, both the music and english teachers spoke well and clearly in class.

If you have time, I would highly recommend you to watch these 3 short k-drama that aired during summer/autumn this year :

1. Squid games (2021) - total : EP 9
  2. D.P. (2021) - Total : EP 6
  3. Move To Heaven (2021) - Total : EP 10

Especially the first one, it was so good that you shouldn't miss it, all in Netflix.

I binge-watched them and realised that the story is such a vibrant and thrilling contained that carried a metaphor message of the survival game. I will invite you to another forum to discuss more once you have done watching :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Danny finally "shown" concern and love interest to Yeo weol on EP6 - that answered your prayer that you wish they have some romance between the two. :D Yes...... I love to see both have romance too, but currently she is too busy to find the truth... it may be towards the end that the same guy is waiting for her at the beach, the first place that they met :D

The chief playboy either has a crush on her or a motive behind that related to the missing fund? I think the latter. Surprisingly, he was the one who gave her a bouquet of flowers and card upon the arrival of her settling.

About the foreign client offering her a partnership position, i am curious too when they repeated the conversation scene, it must be someone important, but not sure who is that person. 

Did you find annoying when the president Doh Toy boy spoke in English, I couldn't even hear clearly what he said...something about his pronunciation. Luckily, both the music and english teachers spoke well and clearly in class.

If you have time, I would highly recommend you to watch these 3 short k-drama that aired during summer/autumn this year :

1. Squid games (2021) - total : EP 9
  2. D.P. (2021) - Total : EP 6
  3. Move To Heaven (2021) - Total : EP 10

Especially the first one, it was so good that you shouldn't miss it, all in Netflix.

I binge-watched them and realised that the story is such a vibrant and thrilling contained that carried a metaphor message of the survival game. I will invite you to another forum to discuss more once you have done watching :) 

I watched Move to Heaven and loved it. It is realistic in a way, can happen to families. If I have time, I will watch the others. Thank you so much

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Did you find annoying when the president Doh Toy boy spoke in English, I couldn't even hear clearly what he said...something about his pronunciation.

I have said that many times in my post, that he should stop murdering the language because he can't be understood. I needed the subs to know what he was saying and it also ruins the seriousness or the intent of his character.

• Like 1

My post on page 1.. and about the mothers before the drama premier.

On 3/14/2021 at 6:17 AM, jongski said:

Based from the character updates, the mothers trying to protect or smother their children from harsh realities. And they also have some secrets that could ruin their reputation. Lets see if this turns out Sky Castle like.  (edit: crossing out SC. not really same.. more like Mine.. in some ways)

1. A lawyer mother trying to shield her son.

2. A single mother with share of mysterious rumors

3. A controlling mother who has firm grip on parents who attends the expensive school.

4. Top actress mother who always sticks to the mother who has the firm grip.

Whos is who.....

1. Yeo Weol.

2. Na Yoon

3. Ji Sun

4. Do Young

• Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 12:08 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

I hope a romance happens with Yeo weol and Danny later on.

I just binged watched a mystery drama starring Cho Yeo Jeong and I loved it. The drama is "Cheat On Me if You Can" very fun drama because their is hilarity involved very well written and the heroine had a secret service assigned to her by her editor as her "assistant editor". Her character is married, but there is undeniable chemistry and an undercurrent of attraction but they stay professional until the very end and the surprise and open ended finish of the drama. I mention this because in this drama, there is also undeniable and subtle attraction going on between Danny and Yeo Wool even though they keep it friendly. There is an attraction between them. I would like to see Yeo Weol don a wet suit and go surfing with Danny.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lila21 said:

I just binged watched a mystery drama starring Cho Yeo Jeong and I loved it. The drama is "Cheat On Me if You Can" very fun drama because their is hilarity involved very well written and the heroine had a secret service assigned to her by her editor as her "assistant editor". Her character is married, but there is undeniable chemistry and an undercurrent of attraction but they stay professional until the very end and the surprise and open ended finish of the drama. I mention this because in this drama, there is also undeniable and subtle attraction going on between Danny and Yeo Wool even though they keep it friendly. There is an attraction between them. I would like to see Yeo Weol don a wet suit and go surfing with Danny.

Oh okay, I have heard of that one, I haven't seen it.

• Like 1

Thanks tvN tweet admins!  can't help but luvs them. :smooches3:

t/n:  I protect my brother! Jaein revealing secrets in front of friends?!

Jae In and Yi Chan. I only know them by their character names .

Child actor who plays  Jae In. She'll be lead star in the future when she becomes a teen

• Like 1

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

• Like 1

Today EP7 was interesting....

It seems like the internal war getting intense between Yeo-Wool and Na-Yoon.

Ji-Sun was taking the situational advantage to achieve her goal, but it will only cause more havoc later on.

So who do you think the one who killed the chairwoman, Doh Jin-Sol?

1. Jung Mi-Do - the chief, probably the one as he left his seat during the concert?

2. Na-Yoon - she might be the one came to the murder scene before Yeo-Wool's arrival? She just pretended shocking after she saw Yeo-wool.

3. Alex Comer - the toy boy for the chairwoman (The person who speaks the English language is like he is in the learning stage :D, good try)

4. An Ji-Yong - Yeo-Wool's husband probably returned on that night, they might have some argument in the chairwoman office?

5. Nam Ji-Sun - probably hire someone to kill the chairwoman so that she can achieve what she wants? They had conflict earlier on.

6. Sim Ae-Soon - the chambermaid, the least suspicious, but I can't rule her out because she might be the mother of Na-Yoon and grandmother of the child. 

I really love all the children and their acting, they are so lovable, especially An Yi-Chan, he will be a handsome boy when he grows up....

• Like 2

They killed the smartest and most interesting character to watch in this drama and the plot made big holes enough for the white truck of doom to drive through and kill it. An Ji Yong had his own funds investment company and committed major crime defrauded many people including the wealthy socialite Nam Ji Sun disappeared and the police are still after his wife, they never found Ji Yong, the money, what he did with it and where he hid it. Yet Ji Sun sent her secretary to Hong Kong and found the money as well as the mistress who claimed she is the wife hidden in Hong Kong in one trip. A secretary in one trip was able to get all that information and the police could not? Ji Sun who supposedly was a major investor and lost so much money did not report that to the authorities?? She could have gotten back some of her losses no? A woman named Na Yoon claimed Ji Yong married her and hid her in Hong Kong together with the money he stole. Is she really married, how legal is the marriage and knowing that the police are looking for JY and the missing money, she dumb enough to announce that she is married to JY. First of all where were they married and how legal is the marriage, any witnesses, papers or was it a fly by night wedding? Was it a legal marriage by Hong Kong law? She is now in Korea where Ji Yong legally and witnessed and known to all of Korea married Yeo Weol who is a lawyer and a partner at a law firm in Seoul. Yeo Weol should have reported Na Yoon to the police especially when Na Yoon talked about her child inheriting Ji Yoon's assets. Really?? They also dumbing down Yeo Weol who is supposed to be one of the smartest lawyers in her law firm when she just upped and left the performance hall to lurk around the darkened halls of the school. Her child depends mostly on her, all the parents are seated proudly applauding their children and leaves to find trouble. Ji Sun did not need to murder anybody because all she needed to do was report the secretary's findings to the police. She did not need to take out her anger on little Jae In because again all she needed to do was report to the police. Na Yoon is an accomplice of Ji Yoon and should be in prison. Ji Sun who is supposedly a smart business woman should have known that.

Sorry... Chair Doh was the smartest of the characters and fun to watch and she got killed. Maybe I will come back to see what happened at the end.

• Like 2

@lila21 finally the "romance" began....Danny Oh has confessed to her but Yeo-Wool was too busy to find out the truth....she needs him now, no matter how, the only person she can trust now....

I caught him -- finally Lee Jung-Woo, a doctor, the husband of Nam Ji-Sun, involved in this murder case of Jin-Sol, who might be the one handled the illegal drugs medicine given to her. Let's see. I always see the actor in many drama, so I dont think his role or screen time is little in this drama.

After Ji-Sun’s secretary went to Hong Kong, she discovered the slush fund that connected to her investment fund, and An Ji-Yong, and the relationship between Ji-yong and the chairwoman, but she couldn't simply report the case directly to the police because the investment fund highly likely are illegal. The so-called "donations" to the International school are all fabricated. In fact, Donations to any schools or religious groups or any non-profit organization must go through corporate governance procedures or at least through audit procedures, so it is clear that they are covering up or bribing audit companies to keep the fund from being exposed. I Think Alex Comer is one of the suspects.

The ending wrap up with a man who is watching over the CCTV at the server room, the mastermind, most people think that it will be the return of An Ji-Yong, If Yes, it may be too easy to guess, no fun, what you guys think? :) 

• Like 1