[Drama 2021] High Class, 하이클래스

larus

3 hours ago, joccu said:

@lebeaucouple  this looked really interesting.  I still have not find the time to watch the first 2 episodes. hopefully today I have time. was the first episodes good?!

The first 2 EP was a bit slow pace based on my opinion, but I love the kids acting and there are always ended with cliffhanger on each EP...so it still entice you to watch the next one. I watched this drama is because of the main female lead, she is one of my favourite actresses, almost watched all her drama and movies. But I think the script is interesting - a mysterious case waiting for you to solve....:D

• Like 3

High Class: Episodes 1-2 (Review)

by missvictrix

HighClass0102_1.jpg

On the beautiful shores of Jeju lies a prestigious international school for society’s upper crust. When an outsider tries to join their world, she and her son are ostracized… but is there more than mere elitism going on? Indeed, a sprinkling of creepy moments suggests that the characters in our story are anything but High Class.

Note: This is an opening week review only.

EPISODES 1-2 REVIEW

HighClass0102_2.jpg

After a barrage of gorgeous Lady of Shalott-esque posters, I was hoping High Class would be a brilliant, mysterious, almost gothic drama. What we have instead is a drama about a group of conniving mothers at a prestigious school that put the characters of SKY Castle to shame. Heck, they even reference the drama, saying that they are a whole other level above the SKY Castle eschelon.

But before we find ourselves at the school, we meet our heroine, lawyer SONG YEO-WOOL (Jo Yeo-jung). She’s on a fancy yacht with her husband, receives a gift and a kiss, and then they have sex. It’s hard to tell whether we’re supposed to believe in this scene or not. Since it’s so quick, we have no basis on which to infer whether they’re really in love, or if things are as hot and amazing as they seem.

Some time later, Yeo-wool is on a plane to Jeju Island with her impossibly adorable son AHN YI-CHAN (Jang Sun-yool). They’re heading to the HSC International School, to see if little Yi-chan can get a spot. Yeo-wool has no idea at this time that getting into the school is as difficult as spinning straw into gold. Every mother on campus lives and breathes for raising the most coddled and elite children they can, with more impressive specs at six or seven years old than most people have in a lifetime.

Yeo-wool obviously doesn’t fit in much here, though she holds her own quite well. The women are wealthy, glamorous, and conniving. They have no interest in anyone that they deem beneath them — and clearly Yeo-wool and her son are in that category. How do they even have the verve to think Yi-chan can attend their school? Well, Yeo-wool got a mysterious invitation in the mail offering Yi-chan a spot if he could get through the admissions process. And how did she get the coveted invitation with no specs and no social connections? No one knows.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/09/high-class-episodes-1-2-review/

• Like 4
  • Love 2

My thoughts after Episode 1:

The Positive

1. It has a very posh feel.

2. Cinematography is quite impressive. Jeju does its magic. You can never go wrong with Jeju.

3. Intrigued about the dead/ disappeared husband. I am 100% sure he is not dead!

Few niggling thoughts:

1. Which school leaves its children alone and doesn't bat an eye when one goes missing from the school premises? Shouldn't the staff and faculty be looking for the missing child? This is most unrealistic. The teacher-in-charge would lose her job and credentials for being so careless of her charge.

2. Taking it out on the little boy was a little too much. It was totally uncalled for. You have an axe to grind, well take it out on the adult.

3. Also, how was the house not auctioned off. That part TBH was not very convincing.

4. Lastly, I really feel bad for the children. They are under so much pressure and have lost their innocence due to their parents high expectations. Let them be children. Let them have fun. Why are you robbing them of their childhood? Such a miserable childhood they children would have. Not to mention, they are miniature replicas of their mothers and are already as conniving as their mothers. The mothers need lessons on parenting!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Former Hockey Star And New Gym Teacher Ha Jun Catches The Eye Of All The Mothers On “High Class”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 12, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN shared stills previewing Jo Yeo Jeong and Ha Jun’s unexpected reunion on “High Class”!

“High Class” is a new mystery drama set in an ultra-luxurious international school located on an island paradise. Jo Yeo Jeong stars as Song Yeo Wool, a successful lawyer who loses everything when she is framed for her husband’s murder. She begins to unravel the mystery behind her husband’s death when the mother of one of her son’s classmates turns out to be her late husband’s lover.

In the drama, Ha Jun plays Danny Oh, a former Canadian ice hockey player who is now the gym teacher at the school that Song Yeo Woo’s son attends. In the previous episode, Song Yeo Wool and Danny Oh had a clash of personalities and did not get along at all. They met once again at a surfing shop, where she started to become suspicious about his real identity.

In the new stills, Danny Oh and Song Yeo Wool reunite at the school, where she learns that he has just been hired as a new teacher. Danny Oh seems to have been expecting Song Yeo Wool’s shocked response, because he greets her with a lazy smile.

jo-yeo-jeong-high-class1.jpeg

ha-jun-high-class1.jpeg

But Song Yeo Wool isn’t the only one interested in Danny Oh’s activities. As a former hockey star, all the mothers at the school, Nam Ji Sun (Kim Ji Soo), Hwang Na Yoon (Park Se Jin), and Cha Do Young (Gong Hyun Joo) can’t take their eyes off him in full hockey gear and skating easily around the rink. In addition to teaching physical education, he is in charge of the junior ice hockey club.

Spoiler

high-class-ha-jun.jpeg

high-class2.jpeg

The production staff stated, “The ice hockey club, led by Danny Oh, will become a new source of friction between the mothers at the international school. Please look forward to the explosive tension that will result as each of the secrets behind Song Yeo Wool, Nam Ji Sun, Hwang Na Yoon, and Cha Do Young are unveiled one by one.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488362wpp/former-hockey-star-and-new-gym-teacher-ha-jun-catches-the-eye-of-all-the-mothers-on-high-class

• Like 4
  • Love 1

First Impression: High Class

highclass-featured.jpeg?w=770&h=500&crop

Grumpy’s First Impression

We have a new thriller in town! High Class is one hell of an acting powerhouse, and I couldn’t wait for all the secrets to unravel one by one! What I like about mystery dramas is the weekly dose of thrills, theories, and twists – and High Class gave me exactly what I was looking for.

We start off the pilot episode in a dramatic tune – a married couple making love on a yacht, and after a few passionate shots, we saw someone fall to his death! Fast forward to a year later, we met Song Yeo-wool (Cho Yeo-jeong) and her adorable son, Yi-chan (Jang Sun-yool) on a plane to Jeju Island for the parent-child interview for the admissions screening in the prestigious HSC International School. Yeo-wool is a partner lawyer in a private firm in Seoul but eventually moved into a new home to focus on her son after her husband An Ji-yong (Kim Nam-hee) died. In Jeju, the school ambiance looks promising and the students are engaged in different curricular activities. But this is dramaland which means all that glitters is not gold.

The Rich Moms of HSC International School

Since this is a thriller, it’s already a given that all characters are suspicious, particularly the rich moms of HSC International School. They all belong to affluent families of different backgrounds, but they all have a common denominator – arrogance.

First up is the acting Queen Bee – hotel CEO Nam Ji-sun (Kim Ji-soo). Her eldest son already studies in HSC, and now her little RickRoll'D daughter is enrolled, too. Her son is student council president while she is the representative for the parent-teacher association. Her connections are insane, which makes the other moms are lining up to be on her good side always.

Next is B-actress Cha Do-young (Kong Hyun-joo), who’s doing a great job at getting into my nerves. She’s a mean socialite who casually makes out at the school’s public restroom and coddles her son’s bratty attitude. She’s easy to judge people and sucks up to the powerful. I feel like she’s always ready for a catfight if not for her self-proclaimed, non-existent fame.

Both Ji-sun and Do-young are Yeo-wool’s outspoken antis at school. And the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree either. Their children outcast poor Yi-chan too.

Lastly, and the shadiest of all, Hwang Na-yoon (Park Se-jin), Yeo-wool’s buddy mom. She’s the mother of Hwang Jae-in (Park So-yi), Yi-chan’s only friend at school who’s a genuinely nice girl. Na-yoon is also nice to Yeo-wool, but I can’t help but notice the cloud of suspicion in their scenes together. Her timing during the rainy school reception, the probability of her having a similar dress as Yeo-wool, her change in facial expression after seeing Yeo-wool’s dead husband on the phone wallpaper, and all the other nice things she did for our mother-child leads. My gutfeel tells me she’s the one who locked up Yi-chan inside the cabinet. I’m sure there’s more to Na-yoon than we currently know.

high-class8.jpeg?w=1024

https://ahjummamshies.com/2021/09/12/first-impression-high-class/

• Like 3
  • Love 1

'High Class' Kim Ji-soo, Gong Hyeon-joo, Jo Yeo-jeong and her deceased husband played by Kim Nam-hee

image_readtop_2021_886318_16315936074784

Stills of tvN's 'High Class' Kim Ji-soo and Gong Hyeon-joo secretly dating Kim Nam-hee, 'Cho Yeo-jeong's dead husband' in the past, have been released.

In the last broadcast, Song Yeo-wool imprisoned her son Ahn I-chan (Jang Sun-yul) in her locker and pointed out Cha Do-young as the suspect who constantly threatened him. In particular, at the end of the broadcast, Song Yeo-wool asked about her relationship with Ahn Ji-yong using the CCTV video of Cha Do-young chasing Ahn I-chan and Cha Do-yeong's affair on the day of the reception, but Cha Do-yeong remained silent and consistently accused Song Yeo-wool of being a murderer and raised the tension.

In the stills released in relation to this, Nam Ji-sun and Cha Do-young secretly met Ahn Ji-yong, attracting attention. Nam Ji-sun is exchanging her gaze with Ahn Ji-yong, and the two shots facing each other with a smile on her lips look very friendly, raising questions about what kind of relationship they have.

In the meantime, Cha Do-young's expression looking at Nam Ji-sun and Ahn Ji-yong makes it difficult to take the viewer's attention off of it. In particular, Nam Ji-sun and Cha Do-young have shown strong hostility to Song Yeo-wool from their first meeting, so the curiosity is amplifying what kind of relationship they are forming with Ahn Ji-yong.

Director Choi Byung-gil of tvN's 'High Class' said, "Many secrets will be revealed in the 4th episode today (14th)," and "The bare faces hidden behind the perfect lives of each character will begin to be revealed and become more intense, so please pay attention. I'll give it to you," he said, raising expectations.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2021/09/886318/

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Whoa! Nam Ji Sun and Hwang Na Yoon are both mentally ill people. Nam Ji Sun has control freak disorder and her children and family relationships are destroyed by her nutty behavior and she can't even see it. It would be interesting how dangerous she will become when she realizes that she is not some god, that she is but a human being who is as imperfect as another, that she does not control her little piece of the world as she think she does. Then there is Hwang Na Yoon whose relationship to Yeo Wool's husband is a questionable. Yeo Wool's husband  could have had a past relationship and a child with Na Yoon??  She told Yeo Wool that she is from that island.  She is also dangerous and obsessed with revenge assuming that Yeo Wool killed An Ji Yong, her husband? As for Ji Sun, it could be that her relationship with Yeo Wool's husband also dates back from their past on the island? An Ji Yon was a donor to the school for years . Joon Mo, Ji Wun's son said that his mother's husband is not his father. Who is Joon Mo's  father? The conversation between the school Chairwoman and Ji Sun when she demanded for the Chairwoman to expel Yeo Wool's child from the school and send Yeo Wool packing but the Chairwoman answered that "they need Yeo Wool for now". Ji Sun's ideal world of control is cracking. The coach she wanted to fire is still around and does not kow-tow to her. The chairwoman does not bow to Ji Sun and her demands and her son rebels against her. The hypocritical women, the herd who follow Ji Sun will be the first to turn against her when they realize she lost the "lead". So Ji Sun's animosity towards Yeo Wool also is connected to her husband Ji Yong.

As for Song Yeo Weol, I am so glad that we have an intelligent, courageous, confident, professional and beautiful woman as the heroine of the drama. She has made friends with the coach and the chef who is the restaurant co-owner also knows her. Cha Do Young is now in her corner just because she has to be, but she is a valuable source of information. She informed Yeo Wool that her husband's mistress is possibly Nam Ji Sun. I say possibly here since it could be a business relationship. At least now Yeo Wool has gotten some valuable info regarding her husband and Ji Sun. What in the world are the police doing? Why do we not see an involvement on there part? Yeo Wool on the other hand hired a private investigator to find out what happened that night and how her husband died?

The mystery surrounds Ah Ji Yong, the husband of Yeo Wool. It seems that he has connections to Jeju island, maybe from childhood? Hwang Na Yoon inferred that she is from the island and maybe that is how she and Ji Yong are connected? Does Ah Ji Yong's relationship with Nam Ji Sun date back to the past in Jeju island? Is he indebted to Nam Ji Sun's family or the school? We have a long way to go to find the answer to "who done it"?

The build up on a possible romance between Coach Danny and Yeo Wool is something to look forward to.

@lebeaucoupleI have watched the 4 episodes and it somehow is similar to Mine. The mystery surrounding the death of an executive of a posh company, the appearance of a woman who was the birth mother of the dead man's child. So, I am guessing here that from the way Hwang Na Yoon is acting, that Yeo Wool's husband could be the father of Hwang Na Yoon's daughter? The difference from Mind, is that here, it involves children who are miniature doubles of their uncouth mothers.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, lila21 said:

The build up on a possible romance between Coach Danny and Yeo Wool is something to look forward to.

@lebeaucoupleI have watched the 4 episodes and it somehow is similar to Mind. The mystery surrounding the death of an executive of a posh company, the appearance of a woman who was the birth mother of the dead man's child. So, I am guessing here that from the way Hwang Na Yoon is acting, that Yeo Wool's husband could be the father of Hwang Na Yoon's daughter? The difference from Mind, is that here, it involves children who are miniature doubles of their uncouth mothers.

The romance between Danny and Yeo Wool may be a short one only, because I found that Danny has an agenda & mission to come to Jeju island which what the school lady chairman Doh JinSol mentioned. She admitted that she was the one who sent the invitation to Yeo Wool to come to the school.

WHO sent the phone sms and flower to Yeo Wool?

Currently, my suspect list are 3 of them :

1. Danny Oh (the coach)
  2. Lee Jung-Woo (Nam Ji-Sun's husband)
  3. Sim Ae-Soon (Townhouse chambermaid)

Who is your suspect list? Do you think she was the killer of her own husband?

The story pase a bit slow, I hope the intense gets better as we move along..

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

The romance between Danny and Yeo Wool may be a short one only, because I found that Danny has an agenda & mission to come to Jeju island which what the school lady chairman Doh JinSol mentioned. She admitted that she was the one who sent the invitation to Yeo Wool to come to the school.

Whatever Danny's intentions are, Yeo Wool is not stupid. She has a private investigator working with her. Why would she not ask for a background check on Danny? Who sent Danny to the island and on what mission? The night her husband disappeared she had asked her husband what was bothering him. Her husband's body was never found. In recent scene, Yeo Wool had a flashback of a big white bag container being thrown into the sea which is assumed as her husband's body inside that container. What if it was not her husband inside the container? Her husband is assumed dead, but is he really? Chairman Doh knows more than she is telling. Why did she invite Yeo Wool to the island and why is she protecting Yeo Wool for now and going against Nam Ji Sun who maybe the biggest donor to the school?

Do you think she was the killer of her own husband?

For me the question is more like, is her husband Ah Ji Yong really dead?

The other question is, if her husband is not really dead, who is the private investigator she is working with? Ah Ji Yong?

WHO sent the phone sms and flower to Yeo Wool?

Currently, my suspect list are 3 of them

I am going with Hwang Na Yoon

• Like 4

@lila21 

Yes, I agree that Yeo Wool's husband may not be dead yet, because his body has not been found yet.

There may be a secret investment fund transferred to the international school in Jeju island. The chairwoman knows this. The only person who can unlock or access the fund may be Song Yeo Wool, and she does not know this. The husband may have a separate will before his death (?) Depend on the conditions and the complexity of the will, in some countries, (not sure in Korea), it can set up a trust fund in a will for their children’s educational expenses and living expenses, and the child can only use the fund until he is of legal age.

Since the husband is a fund investment expertise, he can easily think of setting up a trust fund  that transfers the ownership of assets or funds to a private fund. It becomes a legally binding document called a "trust deed". It is often used in the estate planning. 

I still find that Lee Jung-Woo (Nam Ji-Sun's husband) is another highly suspect person but his screen time was very limited on the last 4 EP. We shall see more of him later on....

Until EP4, the three women "behaviour" are only trying to distract us on screen, in my opinion, I still want to see who is the actual one behind the scene....

• Like 4

The pace is slow. But at least we now know that Hwang Na Yoon isn't all 'all things nice'. I had a feeling that the invitation to Song Yeo Wool wasn't as innocent as it seemed and that she manipulated her daughter to get one. (We can see how she continues to manipulate her daughter into 'keeping the secret' about the dead father.)

Is this Hwang Na Yoon misguided attempt to avenge for her daughter's father's death? There seems to be something between her and the VIP cleaning maid.

Danny Oh is suspicious. I have a feeling that he is the PI. Danny Oh= P.I.= Dead Husband ? Or is it Dead Husband = PI. :crazily:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Chingus! Welcome to the first edition of High Class Polls. :hwaiting2:

Please vote and if you have any ideas, please get back to us, EOs. :issohappy:

@larus @lebeaucouple @lila21 @backstreetboysfan @avensis @jongski @gm4queen @joccu

Re Your friendly neighbourhood EOs:  @Lmangla @partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

Hi chingus! Finally got the change to binge watch  all 4 episodes.

Let me say this first... because really... watching this drama.. it makes me  want to go Jeju and explore the island!  I guess I've not watch a drama where it's purely shot in Jeju? I think I may have but.. well I don't know.

So after watcng all episodes up to present.. I like this better "Mine" (but that's just me). Sorry for being a killjoy but I knew  immediately episode 1 it wasn't the klutz Cha Do Young who  locked Yi Chan inside the locker. I saw it a mile a way and felt it. With her personality and character.. no way she wasn gonna think of the locker.  I also noticed  her nail paint and hands. glossy glittery. The one that turned the locker knob have  ..sorry, for lack of better term...  I say "old?".   As for Do Young... I also felt it miles away, No way she''d have an affair with somebody Ji Young the  "supposed" dead husband. He's old for her.  We know her type of guys.

I knew it's probably someone- suspected Na Yoon already-. In Ep 2 when Yeo Wool was talking  to the realtor about the

about the house and the cleaning ahjumma pass by, he mused if Yeo Wool was the one who came with the dead guy - Ji Young. The house wasn't part of the assets that were seized.  That house in Jeju was excluded. That house Ji Yong bought and came to talk to realtor whith Na Yoon..or someone.. but it's probably NY. The cleaning ahjumma also said why bring kids to the remote island.

I suspected Na Yoon.. for whatever it is I'm suppose to suspect.  In Ep 2 The minute Na Yoon saw the other phone drop and saw lock screen is Ji Yung, and then again exploring the house seeing the framed family pictiure which she dropped nervously. Could it be "dead" Ji Yong is the father Jae In?

I guess the husband isn't dead yet.. because.. in kdrama..  character is not dead if  a body not found. Yeo Wool and her son only put the photo on in a columbary, not urn.

Yeo Wool admitted she doesn't know much about her husband's industry. I guess there was scam, monedy laundering and fraudulent invesment that Ji Yong was involved and didn't tell that her, instead saying it's all going to all right.

I'm confused about the foundation chairman though.  There's some secrets there.

As for Nam Ji Sun.. HA! was she like poor one before  marrying her husband? It sure looks that way. When the husband came home late and drunk.. he reminded her how she was when they met and they had their first date on a tented eatery having teokkboki and he also reminder her that  she told him it's her first time to have sundae.. so whe he came home he brought some.. but Ji Sun threw it away in the bin.  Plus the the son is not the biological of the husband.  Jun Hee, the daughter is probably... or... not???? Hmmmm...

Yep. I'm disecting and theorizing. Even digress. One thing though  I'm glad the house is not that ostentatious as previous  "upperclass" genre dramas.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

On 9/16/2021 at 2:37 PM, jongski said:

As for Nam Ji Sun.. HA! was she like poor one before  marrying her husband? It sure looks that way. When the husband came home late and drunk.. he reminded her how she was when they met and they had their first date on a tented eatery having teokkboki and he also reminder her that  she told him it's her first time to have sundae.. so whe he came home he brought some.. but Ji Sun threw it away in the bin.  Plus the the son is not the biological of the husband. 

Very good point. If she was poor and she worked her way up to get where she is through marriage and family connections then it is understandable that she developed the attitude of self-protection by denying who she was. We don't know her background but her attitude shows her ignorance. Many truly very wealthy,  people are humble and generous. They realize that they are where they are through hard work, innovation and wise enough to know it is also because of many other people. That is why Ji Sun will start to lose what she thinks she has. Her son already is starting to rebel. Bribing a school teacher and coach to drop a kid from the team just because she hates the mother is illegal and low class. As a teacher and a coach, Danny's role is to teach the kids what they need to learn to be better. Ji Sun's son Joon Mo is already rebelling. Her daughter is also pitiful in that she is controlled by her mother and tries to do as her mother dictates as in clipping other children off their skates . There is a new coach in town who came from the western part of the world with a more liberal ethos which is opposite Ji Sun's intolerance and who may have a mission that has to do with Yeo Weol and her husband's death?

On 9/16/2021 at 6:17 AM, lebeaucouple said:

There may be a secret investment fund transferred to the international school in Jeju island. The chairwoman knows this. The only person who can unlock or access the fund may be Song Yeo Wool, and she does not know this. The husband may have a separate will before his death (?) Depend on the conditions and the complexity of the will, in some countries, (not sure in Korea), it can set up a trust fund in a will for their children’s educational expenses and living expenses, and the child can only use the fund until he is of legal age.

Since the husband is a fund investment expertise, he can easily think of setting up a trust fund  that transfers the ownership of assets or funds to a private fund. It becomes a legally binding document called a "trust deed". It is often used in the estate planning. 

My specs: From a what the chairwoman had said or inferred, Ji Yong was a long time yearly contributor to the school and I thought that it could be for tax purposes. Now, what you described is a trust fund and not a trust deed. If it was a trust fund that will be held by a third party an executor or a trustee and includes all types of assets aside from cash. The grantor of the trust decides the conditions of the trust. The heirs to the trust are legally entitled to receive a copy of the trust. Therefore the recipients of the trust should also know who the executor or trustee is and the conditions of the trust and would not make sense to have a trust fund transferred to the international school. That trust fund will be held in trust by an executor. However, if Ji Yong committed a criminal act, then his assets including the trust fund could be confiscated.

But a trust deed is a legal document used by real estate in lieu of mortgage where someone purchases real estate and there is an agreement to put the property with a trustee until the payments are completed. If there such a trust deed then Ji Yong would have been making payments to a trust for properties in Jeju. Who is the holder of the trust and what properties? But we don't know if such a deed exist and it does not make sense. What makes more sense is Ji Yong putting money of Ji sun and other clients who know and are in agreement os making "donations" to the school as laundered money. He used the school foundation as laundry. I remember in Secret Love Affair where the exclusive music school was used by the business owner to launder his money. It could be the same here. Ji Yong got caught and went missing. Now, the school and foundation are in trouble. Ji Sun and the Chair are involved in the scheme and they used Ji Yong. The Chair needs Yeo Wool for now maybe to make her the scapegoat and place the blame on her. She said she is well aware of the state of Ji Sun's business and the foundation. They are in big trouble. Ji Sun never expected Yeo Wool to be involved and her animosity towards her is understandable. These are all speculations.

You are right about Danny Oh.  What is his mission, what does he know? Why did he suddenly appear in JeJu? To find out the illegal contributions to the school including the contributions of Yeo Weol's husband?

Does Na Yoon think that she should be the owner of the house and for what reason? Is the maid related to Na Yoon and that is why she thinks that Yeo Wool does not belong there? She is a certified nut case.

One other question. Who was the woman in the market whom Na Yoon's daughter was talking too? She seemed to recognize Na Yoon and vise versa. Her mother?

• Like 2

3 Mysteries In “High Class” That Need To Be Solved

04ed75e5aafe46c1970b3c203fd2dadf.jpeg?s=

Sep 19, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “High Class” has been keeping viewers’ eyes glued to the screen with its unsolved mysteries!

“High Class” is a new mystery drama set at an ultra-luxurious international school located on an island paradise. Jo Yeo Jeong stars as Song Yeo Wool, a successful lawyer who loses everything when she is framed for her husband’s murder. She unexpectedly begins to unravel the mystery behind her husband’s death when the mother of one of her son’s classmates turns out to be her late husband’s mistress.

In just the first four episodes, the drama has already reeled viewers in with its tantalizing clues. Below are three mysteries that have piqued viewers’ curiosity thus far.

Spoilers

1. Nam Ji Sun’s relationship with Song Yeo Wool’s deceased husband

Song Yeo Wool found out that Nam Ji Sun (Kim Ji Soo) had been close with her deceased husband An Ji Yong (Kim Nam Hee), who had been known as an investment genius. When Song Yeo Wool asked if her husband was the reason why Nam Ji Sun was so disapproving of her, Nam Ji Sun grew angry and told her to stop spouting nonsense. However, her mysterious relationship with An Ji Yong has yet to be revealed in full. As such, curiosity is mounting over whether or not An Ji Yong and Nam Ji Sun had a personal relationship.

2. The real reason behind the school’s invitation of Song Yeo Wool

As An Ji Yong had made large donations for both the establishment of the international school as well as the foundation, the school’s president Do Jin Seol (Woo Hyun Joo) handed an invitation to Song Yeo Wool. In episode 4 when Do Jin Seol met Nam Ji Sun, she explained her need for Song Yeo Wool by saying, “You know the state of the foundation and your own situation. What we need right now is that woman. Just put your trust in me until this situation gets sorted.” This conversation left viewers wondering what the real reason behind their need for Song Yeo Wool could possibly be.

3. The motives of Danny Oh and Hwang Na Yoon

Danny Oh (Ha Jun) has been slyly approaching Song Yeo Wool ever since their first meeting. As a teacher at the international school, he has been staying close by her side, looking after her and supporting her in a casual manner. However, Danny Oh was seen secretly discussing some sort of mission with Do Jin Seol, raising suspicions about what sort of task he could have been assigned.

In addition, Song Yeo Wool was shocked to find out that Hwang Na Yoon (Park Se Jin), whom she thought to be her only true friend, had been her deceased husband’s hidden mistress. However, as Hwang Na Yoon has been helping Song Yeo Wool overcome her status as an outsider at the international school, viewers are curious to see how she will act from here on out.

high-class2.jpg

Each mystery posed by the drama is keeping viewers on their toes, ready to find out what could happen next. More shocking developments are expected as everyone’s secrets are revealed one by one.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1489388wpp/3-mysteries-in-high-class-that-need-to-be-solved

• Like 3

Thank you tvN. Recognizing these child actors. Happy clap for  them. Future's bight for kdrama. Most start as as child actors..then graduate to teen characters then major character then lead character.

I only know their character names. (l-r) Jae In.  Yi Chan.  Si Woo. Jun Hee.

• Like 2

Jo Yeo Jeong Refuses To Be Intimidated By The Other Mothers In “High Class”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 20, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s “High Class” has revealed new stills ahead of the next episode!

“High Class” is a mystery drama set at an ultra-luxurious international school located on an island paradise. Jo Yeo Jeong stars as Song Yeo Wool, a successful lawyer who loses everything when she is framed for her husband’s murder. She unexpectedly begins to unravel the mystery behind her husband’s death when the mother of one of her son’s classmates turns out to be her late husband’s mistress.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, the conflict between Song Yeo Wool and Nam Ji Sun (Kim Ji Soo) grew bigger. Nam Ji Sun was determined to drive her out of the international school, but Song Yeo Wool refused to budge. Viewers are curious about what will happen as tension increases between the two enemies.

New stills show Song Yeo Wool attending a parents’ meeting at the international school. She is at the center of attention, and yet, she’s not frightened at all. In fact, her eyes are firm, and her expression is cool. She exudes the powerful force of a lawyer.

Nam Ji Sun exudes an icy aura as she raises a hand with a grave look on her face, while Cha Do Young (Gong Hyun Joo) and Hwang Na Yoon (Park Se Jin) seem flustered. With tension escalating between Song Yeo Wool and Nam Ji Sun, viewers can look forward to their heated confrontation.

high-class-4.jpg

high-class-3.jpg

Spoiler

high-class-21.jpg

high-class-1.jpg

The drama’s producers commented, “Song Yeo Wool’s counterattack will begin today. As the conflict between Song Yeo Wool, Nam Ji Sun, and other characters reaches its peak, secrets hidden in the depth will surface, and a more thrilling development will unfold. Please look forward to ‘High Class.'”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1489499wpp/jo-yeo-jeong-refuses-to-be-intimidated-by-the-other-mothers-in-high-class

Edited by gm4queen
Please put 4th image onwards under spoilers! Thanks!
  • Like 2

Episode 5 at least gives an explanation for the animosity of Ji Sun towards Yeo Wool. An incident involving the son of Ji Sun gives Yeo Wool heavy ammunition to ruin the plans of Ji Sun to kick Yeo Wool and her son out of the school and the Island. In this ritzy part of the Island where the hypocritical residents can destroy a life with a hint of gossip and innuendos, Yeo Wool by a chance encounter, was given the means to fight back and win easily and she has definitive proof  not just innuendos. At least during the conversation/negotiation, Ji Sun acknowledged Yeo Wool as a top level lawyer and not "low class" as she described her to the other mothers. Ji Sun and Yeo Wool also clarified their suspicions of the other as untrue. Ji Sun realized that Yeo Wool is not involved with her husband's business and she clarified to Yeo Wool that her relationship with Yeo Wool's husband is purely funds manager-client business. It still does not clarify how that affected the school and why Chair Doh brought Yeo Wool to the island. An Ji Yong, Yeo Wool's husband was funds manager who was known for his high ROI so clients were attracted to him including Chair Doh and Ji Sun. He opened his own Funds Management Company, called Midas where Ji Sun was one of his clients. His company went bust, he disappeared and so did his clients money. Ji Sun also definitively clarified that she does not kill for money. Ji Sun is a lonely, lonely person even in her own marriage and family. The only way she can get people to be "friends" and be a "follower" is through arrogance, power and money. The friends/followers she attracts are superficial and temporary. Her conversation/negotiation with Yeo Wool was the most honest one yet, where she bared and acknowledged herself as vulnerable. If these two women can get over their differences and animosities and work together, they will be a powerful duo. The outcome of the negotiation, Yeo Wool stays in the island and becomes the legal advisor for the school. Many changes are to come.

Jae in is such an intelligent and loving girl and maybe lonely too. She found out her mother's "secret" that Yi Chan is her little brother and she loves the idea but she is so innocent, she does not realize the trouble it would bring if the secret is known. Her eyes light up whenever she sees Yi Chan and the paper she took from her mother's desk is the list of petitioning mothers against Yeo Wool and her mother's name is on it. Yeo Wool had the list. I can't wait to see the next confrontation of Yeo Wool with Na Yoon. She is the more dangerous enemy and so is Chair Doh. What does Chair Doh know about An Ji Yong's secret? Who paid for the house of Na Yoon in the island? Maybe there was a "Trust Deed" after all and it involves the houses of Yeo Wool and Na Yoon in the island. Was Chair Doh blackmailing Ji Yong? As for Danny boy, it is seeming more and more that he is the PI but what is his relationship to Ji Yong, Yeo Wool's husband? Whom would he chose to protect if a showdown occurs between Yeo Wool and Na Yoon?

So Ji Yong was cheating on Yeo Wool and got his women pregnant 2 months apart. I really hope that the drama does not make Danny Oh as Ji Yong with plastic surgery. Anything, anyone but JI Yong.

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, lila21 said:

If these two women can get over their differences and animosities and work together, they will be a powerful duo. The outcome of the negotiation, Yeo Wool stays in the island and becomes the legal advisor for the school. Many changes are to come.

I agreed these two women can turn into a friend from enemy, then form an allied relationship, lastly become close friend on last EP, while Na Yoon from "trusted friend" turn into husband's mistress. Anything becomes possible. Based on preview on EP6, we are not sure which couple is the legal husband and wife. Lets see on next EP6.

I like your idea and find it funny when you mentioned Danny Oh could be her late husband "Ji Yong" with plastic surgery done...:D. it will be based on time gap, from the missing of the husband until she went over to jeju island and met Danny Oh? because "face off" need time to have full recovery. :D

The last part that made her become a legal advisor for the school was a surprise one. Hope to see more surprises coming up.

• Like 2