[Drama 2021-2022] Now, We Are Breaking Up, 지금, 헤어지는 중입니다

twtwb

Its not just because of promo i think, the genre of the drama itself plays part too. Melo is not really everyone cup of tea so its understandable.

Yesterday episode is a mix feeling for me. Im starting to feel CS is going to betray YE big time because of jealousy of works and JG. Maknae SY is really weak and troublesome character. She keep dragged the whole team haishh. I just hope she's not the one who leaked YE design again.

N I like CH. He is totally opposite the spoiled CS. He is smart, witty and going to be YE soldier by her side now.

SW characters is really fishy. He doesn't seems to be an honest and trustworthy man. Either he betrayed Yoo Jung or he cheated on YE still unclear. For sure YJ not going to let it past easily. YE is having enemy all around her now.

Omg MS hv cancer. Her husband deserve a smacked on the head ughhh the man is useless. I hope YE will know about this in today episode.

Overall yesterday ep quite slow tbh but its good for characters development. But kinda agree with some comments here on CS and DH r/s. I expects more from them but they keep giving this CS drinking wine scene n gets drunk. The repetitive is getting boring now.

Edited by ximas last
  • Like 4

I think bad habits never easy to get rid,don't u think?drinking,play with men, treat your friends like sh** etc,the epitome of toxic friend that u could get..CS behavior its absolutely being treated as a 'PASS' for a long time by her fams,friends,even her father seems to be hopeless about her..

But still,I reallllllyyyyy have a tiny,winy hope that one in this 16 episodes she could do a decent job for once,for her own career or for her friendship..really wanna see  when they take a picture together,the 3 women together..wanna see if in that moment CS really change her behavior a bit or not..

5 hours ago, ximas last said:

Its not just because of promo i think, the genre of the drama itself plays part too. Melo is not really everyone cup of tea so its understandable.

SW characters is really fishy. He doesn't seems to be an honest and trustworthy man. Either he betrayed Yoo Jung or he cheated on YE still unclear. For sure YJ not going to let it past easily. YE is having enemy all around her now.

Agreed..this genre, really not for not everyone..oh well,with his face,SW really could 'deceived' any women,no?n don't like his fickle attitude..

Oh,who knows when taiwan n japan will start their air time for NWBU?

Edited by ferily
Please refrain from by passing the swear filter and using foul language per soompi forum rules. Thanks!
  • Like 4

Episode 5 —

Agree with some of your comments wrt chisook. She really epitomises ‘with friends like her, who needs enemies’. Let’s hope there is some character growth for her. Perhaps seok is going to help with her rehabilitation — both in her alcoholism and self-delusions. 

I like how young eun handled the potential betrayal of suyoung. The way she gives people opportunities to help themselves before they ‘commit a crime’ is laudable. She doesn’t jump the gun to condemn the person. 

To my surprise i really like chi hyung. I was a bit skeptical about an idol in the cast but his character is amusing, witty and sharp. He’s begun to be an asset to young eun’s sono team. And she needs people in her corner! 

I’m worried about misook… I hope the show will give her a decent arc. At the moment, the tragic self-sacrificing housewife with the philandering husband, is trope-ish. 

spacer.png

Leave this bit of sexual tension here to tantalise…

• Like 6

8 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

@PitchoumSometimes what bother me is,the 'full throttle' pace that they gave us from the very beginning,don't get me wrong,I like fast pace story but somehow there is some kind of missing 'link' in the story that I felt not very engaged for some scene,,ugh I don't know how to describe it,it just that what I felt sometimes (hope u understand my poor explanation):partyblob:

I feel like they did the full throttle pace because they had so many arcs. So they gave each one little bits each episode. They wanted to up the ante. 

I don't mind that type of storytelling you just need more time. At least with YE/JG they get the final moments and the opening so their story flows the best, imo. 

• Like 3

Jang Ki Yong Gets Even Bolder In His Pursuit Of Song Hye Kyo In “Now We Are Breaking Up”

Jang Ki Yong Gets Even Bolder In His Pursuit Of Song Hye Kyo In “Now We Are Breaking Up”

Nov 27, 2021
by E. Cha

Despite all the obstacles standing in their way, Jang Ki Yong isn’t shy about pursuing Song Hye Kyo in SBS’s “Now We Are Breaking Up”!

“Now We Are Breaking Up” is a romance drama about love and breakups set against the backdrop of the fashion industry. Song Hye Kyo stars as Ha Young Eun, a fashion designer who is a firm realist, while Jang Ki Yong stars as Yoon Jae Guk, an intelligent freelance photographer who changes her mind about love.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of the drama, Yoon Jae Guk moved Ha Young Eun to tears with his heartfelt—and unusual—confession. He told her that if she truly felt it couldn’t work out between them, he would accept that, and they could go their separate ways. “Let’s say that we, who already began 10 years ago, are in the process of breaking up,” he said. “I don’t know how long it will take, but at least while we’re in the process of breaking up, let’s love one another.”

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Yoon Jae Guk seeks out Ha Young Eun while she’s having a meal with Seok Do Hoon (played by Kim Joo Heon). As soon as he lays eyes on Ha Young Eun, Yoon Jae Guk is unable to hold back a fond smile, revealing just how smitten he is with her. Meanwhile, Ha Young Eun freezes when she spots Yoon Jae Guk in the crowded restaurant, raising the question of how she will react to his arrival.

Spoiler

Now-We-Are-Breaking-Up15-1.jpg

The producers of “Now We Are Breaking Up” teased, “In Episode 6, Yoon Jae Guk will become even more forward in expressing his feelings for Ha Young Eun. Meanwhile, Ha Young Eun will also slowly become more honest about her own feelings. With their detailed acting and chemistry, Song Hye Kyo and Jang Ki Yong are skillfully capturing the emotions of Ha Young Eun and Yoon Jae Guk. We hope that you will keep an eye on whether these two people will be able to face one another.”

The next episode of “Now We Are Breaking Up” will air on November 27 at 10 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, catch up on previous episodes of the drama with subtitles below!

• Like 2

@ximas last I think all genre is not the cup of tea of everyone. I do not think everyone like Sageuk genre. I do not represent everyone, but I personnally do not like it.

I think people want to be  out of the reality. One of the issue for NWBU is it is close to reality. It is  why I do think people like more Squid Game, Hellbound, One The Woman or The Red Sleeve.

I do think promotion play a part of the succes of a serie. And SBS clearly did not promote NWBU like they promoted the previous drama.

@redbeanbuns I do remember what SHK said about stories, however, CHE got a lot more screentime than PHJ. We see the friendship with HYE and JMS, and the relationship (because it is not a friendship) between HYE and HCS, but not the 3 of them together. 

I am still surprise there is so many character especially in Covid-19 period, for a drama that promoted the 2 main lead. And they will add other character. I am pretty sure the lady HYE visited will be a part of The One, and there 1 one 2 character that will appear too, someone close to JSM.

The thing is there are stories that are not interesting. I am sorry but ep 6, will get stuff about Soo Wan and the woman he was going to marry. I personnally do not care. What the purpose on the story. HYE and YJG will have their own problem there was no need to add this storyline. I do  not think Jae Guk knew his brother was going to marry her, because of what he told him to Paris. Or if he knew, he just told him to not follow what his mother wanted. After one was in Paris and the other one was in Seoul, I think Jae Guk did not know everything that was going on in Seoul...He did not even know Ha Young Eun. The noona should look for information instead of making assumption about Ha Young Eun, she did not steal the man she was going to marry. It is Yoon Soo Wan who went to HYE. She is just an annoying character that was not needed in the story,

As for Chi Sook what bother me the most, it is how stupid she is. How a 38 years old woman, a director of a fashion company can not even know what a photographer is. I wish she was more likable, At the moment she is not. She is just looking for a man. No intelligent man would love to be with her. She wonder why her father is more considerate to HYE. She is the own who make him hearn money, not his own daughter. I She will certainly doing something bad to HYE. In the trailer there is a discussion with the other team lead from the other brand. This woman asked "Should I turn it off" amd Chi Sook aswered "Leave it". I am pretty sure Chi Sook knows this owman steal and copies HYE design. She clearly wants HYE to fal by doing everythong she can to dicredite her.

I really like HYE and CEO relationship, but I realy want HYE to leave this company. Between Chi Sook, the other team leader and So Young this stupid assistant...the design she stole is probably what they are looking for. Most of company would have fired So Young for a longtime now.

• Like 4

@Pitchoum you're completely right! That woman is such a nuisance, I'm sure the text from YSW is from her. 

HCS is continue to pissing me off, she knew that HYE never copied someone else work yet she act like it's HYE fault and mad at her instead. What kind of friend would do that?? I hope she stop bringing up 20years of their 'friendship', which clearly isn't true at all, she is more like a bully and enemy instead of 'friend'

Yoo jeong-ah are u psycho or something??your grudge,how long n how much its run so deep like that..just becz u can't have SW u do that?its clear for me to see that YJ really love SW n maybe before SW told his mom he wanna canceled the wed with YJ becz he love someone else,YJ beat him first n told SW mother about YE,the ugly thing must have been told by YJ to his mom..aishhh

• Like 2

This episodes was better than the one from yesterday. Probably because it was on multiple time, while yesterday it was only on 1 day.

I like

- The night girl. Mi Sook and Chi Sook talk and later at HYE's place. I think HYE there is something going on with Mi Sook.

-HYE and JG. I like how HY decided to take the risk to bewith him

- HYE intelligence

- HYE insulting Chi Sook

I did not like

- Chi Sook, especially wth HYE and the other team leader

- Yoo Jun she is really toxic and a psycho, hoping for JG to get ride of her

-La Mon Team Leader, she is clearly not talented

- Sono team except Chi Hyung, i did like them but each girl stabbed HYE in the back. 

I am interested in what side JG is going to take between HYE and his noona. I feel GukHa will be in trouble in next ep. JG does not look to happy with YE.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, thepixies said:

I’m worried about misook… I hope the show will give her a decent arc. At the moment, the tragic self-sacrificing housewife with the philandering husband, is trope-ish. 

This drama is more and more poignant, apart from all the problems that the female lead encounters and the people who want to hurt her, I have a special attention for Mi Sook the best friend, who is sick, it is is horrible and soon she will learn that her husband is a trash cheater, or she already knows it, I wonder what the writers have planned for her, will she die, end up getting a divorce? a new man for her, no sure,  in any case her health above all, she will suffer even more

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Pitchoum said:

I am interested in what side JG is going to take between HYE and his noona. I feel GukHa will be in trouble in next ep. JG does not look to happy with YE.

Clearly he would take HYE side :phew:

I think YJG already said to her that he likes HYE and when she warn about HYE, he said his brother is no longer here (so he doesnt care lol) 

YJG is crazy in love with HYE, I dont think noone can stop him. It's more like he is concerned about HYE, because she looks sad and hiding something to him (probably about YSW text). They just started their relationship, I think we would get at least 2-3 eps of them being in love before the storm

I remember it was also in teaser when they eat ramen together (scene from the preview) I cant wait to see what happen there lol. And the hug is so cute, their height difference is perfect!!

Edited by Skysky
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skysky said:

Clearly he would take HYE side :phew:

I think YJG already said to her that he likes HYE and when she warn about HYE, he said his brother is no longer here (so he doesnt care lol) 

YJG is crazy in love with HYE, I dont think noone can stop him. It's more like he is concerned about HYE, because she looks sad and hiding something to him (probably about YSW text). They just started their relationship, I think we would get at least 2-3 eps of them being in love before the storm

I remember it was also in teaser when they eat ramen together (scene from the preview) I cant wait to see what happen there lol. And the hug is so cute, their height difference is perfect!!

The scene wnere they are eating ramen it is the same as HYE telling him Soo Wan called her, and I think it will continue to them being on the sofa watching TV. I do not think it is on the other way around.

I also think that when she has her Yellow Jacket it before being together at her place. I think he will picked her up late under the rain,they will go back home. He will stay at her place and she will tell him Soo Wan called her. Depends on their talk, JG will bet annoyed by something.

The day after HYE will meet Yoo Jung at the mall, and she will tell HYE about her family and JG family. She will probably make HYEwant to leave JG. When HYE is in a middle of people in the mall, I think it came after she left Yoo Jun office. I will be not surprise if it is the last scene of the episode. I just do not know if JG hugging her will come after HYE met Yoo Jung or before.

I think HYE might decide to take a step back and some distance because of what Yoo Jund told her. In the long trailer , where HYE and JG are together at his studio, it does not feel like they are together. The shot where she is wearing a pink shirt and his wears while shirt. Both are sit. I feel there is a distance between them in this scene.

• Like 3

There's an odd ball theory by fans,that said what if SW really still alive?that only YJ know the truth about it..IF this theory is right,I will have my 'HUH??what,why?!!!' kind of moment..not a fan of bringing people back to life troupe,if they died,just died already..

What kind of nonsense is that,for 10years u absolutely lied about your death to your fams n YE, sounds ridiculous plot to me..

About SW phonecall,JG n YE will talk about it..both are straight forward n mature person,so they most likely straight to the point n say what it needs to say..their relationship its too fragile n new right now,so most likely they would try to minimize n sort out their problem ASAP..maybe what make JG upset its not about YE,but he has a rough idea who did that to phone n texted her..

NWBU has a tendencies not to dwell in one problem too long but they will give us 'some problem solve,here I give u another one'

I think next week we will have scene where JG wear brown jacket, YE with black blazer holding a bouquet n JG holding her hand tightly,take a photo with YE parents n maybe that scene where they are in photo studio,with YE with pink shirt

Oh,YE already changed her wallpaper but she still not erase SW phone number??hmm it would be more dramatic if she erase it n when SW called that time only numbers came up n YE maybe remember or not his number,pick it up..

• Like 3

Despite facing stiff competition from “The Red Sleeve,” which airs in the same time slot, SBS’s “Now We Are Breaking Up” still managed to see a rise in its own viewership: the latest episode of the romance drama scored an average nationwide rating of 7.6 percent. “Now We Are Breaking Up” was also the most-watched miniseries of the night among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 3.2 percent.

“Now We Are Breaking Up” Increased In Ratings + “The Red Sleeve” Hits Another All-Time High | KdramaBuddy

• Like 2

8 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

There's an odd ball theory by fans,that said what if SW really still alive?that only YJ know the truth about it..IF this theory is right,I will have my 'HUH??what,why?!!!' kind of moment..not a fan of bringing people back to life troupe,if they died,just died already..

What kind of nonsense is that,for 10years u absolutely lied about your death to your fams n YE, sounds ridiculous plot to me..

About SW phonecall,JG n YE will talk about it..both are straight forward n mature person,so they most likely straight to the point n say what it needs to say..their relationship its too fragile n new right now,so most likely they would try to minimize n sort out their problem ASAP..maybe what make JG upset its not about YE,but he has a rough idea who did that to phone n texted her..

NWBU has a tendencies not to dwell in one problem too long but they will give us 'some problem solve,here I give u another one'

I think next week we will have scene where JG wear brown jacket, YE with black blazer holding a bouquet n JG holding her hand tightly,take a photo with YE parents n maybe that scene where they are in photo studio,with YE with pink shirt

Oh,YE already changed her wallpaper but she still not erase SW phone number??hmm it would be more dramatic if she erase it n when SW called that time only numbers came up n YE maybe remember or not his number,pick it up..

I know there will twist but it would be pointless to make YSW alive. Even if was i doubt Yoo Jun knows it because she would not be against HYE. I saw someone said the phone was on YSW's stuff that Yoon Jun kept.

I thinks episode with HYE, Her parents and YJG taking a photo, HYE and YJG in pink and white in his studio might on ep 8. It it will be with JMS being inconscious alone in her bathroom. I think ep 7 will about this phone call and about HYE/Yoo  jun. I really do not et Yoo jun behavior toward HYE from the start while she knows it is Soo Wan who went to her and he did not love Yoo Jun.

I wonder if JMS will be inconscious when her husband is on a week end with his mistress. I wonder how HYE will find out she has to run to her friend house. Is the daughter calling or answering a phone call from HYE. 

We will get the annoying story between SDH and HCS. And she wonder why JMS and HYE do not tell her ezverythin. I found their story not even cut. The guy is 40 even a teenager behave better. It is worse than teenager love story.