[Drama 2021] Nevertheless | 알고있지만

kattkedi

25 minutes ago, J13 said:

I am still very much enjoying this drama but am not sure what kind of ending we will get it. I’m definitely not expecting some perfect happy ending between Na Bi and Jae Eon and I’m not sure if it would make sense if that happened either. I think a good ending would be that Jae Eon does end up going overseas and Na Bi ends up getting a chance to go on an exchange program. Time passes, they grow up and mature more and then meet again later down the track by coincidence and are perhaps ready to start a proper relationship then. 2 episodes left until we know anyways! 

Yes, I would love your version of the ending...I wish!! I actually like their chemistry and tension. It's so palpable.

Aside from that, I am also a fan of the OTP ending up together. I cannot....I cannot....stand dramas where the 2nd lead gets the girl or both end up heartbroken from noble idiocy. 

• Like 4

I'll be honest, this episode was a snoozefest. Even felt like fast forwarding a few times. Some of it felt like fillers because the makers are trying hard to not give away the end till the last episode. :unamused:

I really feel bad for the actress who's playing Bit Na, she's been brilliant throughout. Her storyline is being butchered because of some stupid reasons of morality. They quite literally cut out her co-actor's part. It was awkward seeing the conversation where the camera was on her even when the other character was talking. Sweet cameo from actor Kim Min Kyu.

The best bit of the episode was Sol+Ji Wan's story, they moved really slow with this one but I like where they are now.

Don't get the whole deal with the two seniors living together situation. I mean it's a sweet story but do they serve any purpose to the narrative? It's like a parallel storyline and seems largely like a filler. Hoping to see Nabi's progress with her work. I'm not a big fan of Do Hyeok (too nice, too sweet, too good to be true) but I liked the part where he tells her that she should realise how brilliant and charming she is. The show is from Nabi's perspective, Nabi doesn't love herself and sees herself as a pathetic person, that's why we too see her as a pathetic, frustrating character. As Nabi starts to love herself, we will see development in her character too.

Park Jae Eon is doing Park Jae Eon things, being all charming, flirty, irresistible. The Pizza Alvolo ad in between the show was hilarious but we'll take it because it's Song Kang. Nabi & Jae Eon are back to square 1 where they first met, let's see where it goes from there. I have a gut feeling that we are going to see an end similar to the web toon. Let's see.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Yes, I would love your version of the ending...I wish!! I actually like their chemistry and tension. It's so palpable.

Aside from that, I am also a fan of the OTP ending up together. I cannot....I cannot....stand dramas where the 2nd lead gets the girl or both end up heartbroken from noble idiocy. 

Yep their chemistry and tension carries the show for me! 

I wouldn’t mind them ending up together too and think that could have happened if the drama were longer but I don’t think there’s enough time left for a full on happy ending. I think there needs to be a time skip of some sort so they can find themselves and grow up before they find each other again. I’m not always the biggest fan of time skips and open endings but sometimes they work well and I think either one or both would suit this drama. 

Agreed, noble idiocy drives me absolutely mad! I also don’t think I’ve seen a drama where the second lead gets the girl, I know it’s happened before though but I’m a big fan of dramas where the focus is on the main leads. In this case I highly doubt Do Hyeok will end up with Na Bi even if there is a time jump. She has friend zoned him on a few occasions and while he is kind and cares about her, I don’t think he’s her type. 

• Like 3

i think we can see that nabi clearly really2 likes jae on that its really hurting her. she honest to do hyeok that

she cannot have relationship now. Some attack her when its the guy that chasing the woman. i mean what nabi must do,she clearly cannot accept dohyeok feelings but she is friendly with him because they are longtime friends,nothing wrong with that,but its all over again,why secondlead agenda must push that she could have the girl. i mean nabi is so mess at the starts,her toxic relationship and also her family. i think jae on must take a step and tell the truth,he is falling for nabi ,eventhough he kinda flirty with woman,but clearly his heart for nabi.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 9:14 PM, J13 said:

You can literally cut through the tension between Na Bi and Jae Eon with a knife, it’s that thick and realistic haha

I don’t really get the hate for Na Bi and Jae Eon, I’ve certainly seen wayyy worse and more frustrating characters before. I think they are both realistic and I like that Jae Eon isn’t some typical rude arrogant play boy. He is a flirt and has friends that are girls but I wouldn’t even call him a typical player. Also I never thought he slept with the girl who’s brother came and attacked him, I don’t remember them clarifying what happened but the girl seemed genuinely apologetic to Jae Eon and the fact that her brother punched him in front of Jae Son’s ‘girlfriend’ (Na Bi) that I feel like it may have been a misunderstanding on the brothers part. I certainly think Jae Eon needs to be more up front and honest with Na Bi but it’s like he’s used to his so called reputation that he doesn’t feel like it’s that big of a deal. Unless he is a really good manipulative character (which I haven’t seen so far), I think he genuinely isn’t sure of what to make of his feelings for Na Bi. I also think he’s used to girls falling at his feet and while Na Bi has feelings for him, she’s got a guard up that he can’t fully break. She gives in at times but also sticks up for herself. Plus if I’m not mistaken, he pretty much admitted in episode 8 that he has feelings for Na Bi but she doesn’t realise the girl he was talking about is her just yet.

I really don’t get the hate for Na Bi too. Not every girl is some self righteous, confident person who says exactly what they feel. It’s obvious she has feelings for Jae Eon but is worried about getting hurt, especially given her ex boyfriend humiliated her. I think her character is incredibly realistic in that she thought she could have a friends with benefits relationship with Jae Eon but then ended up having feelings for him and felt foolish about it. She ended it when she realised things weren’t going anywhere but that doesn’t mean the feelings would disappear immediately. She sticks up for herself but still gives in at times because that is the wonderful and annoying cycle of feelings and young romance.

I am still very much enjoying this drama but am not sure what kind of ending we will get it. I’m definitely not expecting some perfect happy ending between Na Bi and Jae Eon and I’m not sure if it would make sense if that happened either. I think a good ending would be that Jae Eon does end up going overseas and Na Bi ends up getting a chance to go on an exchange program. Time passes, they grow up and mature more and then meet again later down the track by coincidence and are perhaps ready to start a proper relationship then. 2 episodes left until we know anyways! 

You make a lot of good points! I too think that this drama is pretty realistic. People might just be too used to watching dramas that feature characters that are more "perfect" or unrealistic, which is fine since that is the appeal of dramas.

Jae Eon is more of a Casanova borderlining a player. hahah. I wouldn't call him your typical player, like you said. Yes, they were very vague about what type of relationship Jae Eon that guy who punched him's sister had, but it was pretty clear that it was just a misunderstanding. Maybe she was the one who was making the moves on him and he didn't know she already had a bf? I know it's been said a million times before, but JE definitely has communication issues and it seems either he built his whole Casanova reputation himself or people had his preconceived notion about him and he just decided to go along with it. From the other episode where he overhears Yunji and that other girl talking about him, it seems people tend to use him for his good looks and popularity.

Yes, people keep hating on Nabi and it is easy to say "girl why are you so dumb and giving in, etc" but the fact of the matter is, sometimes you just can't help it? She is young and kind of naive, but that is how you learn in life. Also, don't forget that she's only been in one relationship that ended badly, sooooo I do not blame her at all. Could she have made better choices? Yes, but no one is perfect and we learn from our mistakes, OK??

Honestly, I don't like time jumps for finales. It seems so lazy and such a cop-out for development. BUT if that is the only way we'll get a happy ending for our leads, I will take it.

I can't wait for the next episode. That rain scene seems INTENSE. I hope we get a super emotional scene with both of them just letting everything out and a confession from both parties. PLEASE. I want it to hurt and then for them to finally make up ;). I am guessing Jae Eon goes to wait for Nabi in front of her place in the rain because Do Hyuk tells Nabi that he saw Jae Eon with Seol-A and that they hugged. Nabi (and Do Hyuk) misunderstands the situation, so Nabi thinks Jae Eon is lying to her and playing her again/still. So, he goes to try to explain the situation to her. They better not end the episode with that scene! I will riot! Also, they better not be playing us with the voice over of Jae Eon saying "Let's date." They tend to insert voice overs out of context sooo I wonder WHEN he says that in the next episode? Perhaps when he's at Nabi's house collecting his things (the scene in the preview where he's about to his her again).

• Like 3

ac947fe596434a5097f875a6ea39ff07.jpeg?s=

Song Kang Gets Shy While Posing For Han So Hee Behind The Scenes Of “Nevertheless”

Aug 13, 2021

by E. Cha

JTBC’s “Nevertheless” has shared a cute glimpse behind the scenes of filming!

On the previous episode of “Nevertheless,” Park Jae Uhn (played by Song Kang) unexpectedly wound up posing as a model for Yoo Na Bi (Han So Hee)’s drawing class.

In newly released behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot, Han So Hee—who was once an art major in real life—looks right at home in front of her easel. However, Song Kang is adorably unable to hold back a smile as he gets shy while striking a pose.

Other photos capture Song Kang getting into character as the brooding Park Jae Uhn on campus, while a relaxed-looking Han So Hee dazzles with her beauty between takes.

Han-So-Hee.jpg

Spoiler

Song-Kang2.jpg

Spoiler

Han-So-Hee-2.jpg

Spoiler

Song-Kang-2.jpg

Song-Kang-3.jpg

Spoiler

Han-So-Hee-3.jpg

The producers of “Nevertheless” commented, “Yoo Na Bi’s and Park Jae Uhn’s entangled emotions, which have been building up, are starting to reach their limit. Please stay tuned until the end to watch the two characters endure the growing pains caused by love.”

The next episode of “Nevertheless” will air on August 14 at 11 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483573wpp/song-kang-gets-shy-while-posing-for-han-so-hee-behind-the-scenes-of-nevertheless

• Like 2

I've seen comments on IG and Twitter calling Nabi a dumb "B" and being misogynistic towards her because she's not returning Do-hyeok's feelings. Why do people think "nice" guys are entitled to every girl they like? Just because Do-hyeok can't get over his childhood crush doesn't make Nabi obligated to be with him even if he is "better" for her. I personally think Do-hyeok is boring and you can tell Nabi isn't feeling him that way. That doesn't make her stupid just human. If they do end up pushing Do-hyeok and Nabi together it would feel very forced. 

Honestly the chemistry between HSH and SK is what's carrying this drama for me. 

• Like 3

On 8/13/2021 at 10:35 AM, softestfairy said:

Yes indeed. I love seeing them together, also as Nabi and Park Jae Uhn. I hope they end up together and not following webtoon ending.
One more eps to go. 

• Like 2

i still dont get it,the eps 9 confused me so much as much as nabi is hurting so much.i mean look seol a is previous nabi,but she move on.

jae on still jae on,manipulative although he seems like kinda realize his feeling,hes bit empty without nabi but cannot express it,is he have some kinda mental illnes ,dunno .

its kinda confusing when jae on try to be nice,nabi puts the wall,i know she likes jae on so much but she cant helped anymore.

the last scene both are trying to hurt each other,well what jae on says its kinda true,but nabi just want to see him changed,be more serious but its all red flag,she hurting so much,kudos to han so hee acting because nabi hurting so much.

seems like jae on go to america and nabi will be alone like the ending in web toon

as for song kang,why he ended bitter in all of his drama ??? liar and his lover,love alarm and now this.

but yeah so hee and song kang have best chemistry.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Nabi and Jae Eon somehow reminds me of Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass in the initial seasons of Gossip Girl, the attraction and sexual tension is obvious yet their relationship lacks honest communication. Jae Eon just needs to say the 3 words, 8 letters and Na Bi will be his yet he chose to answer Na Bi’s question of why he wanted to date her with a spiteful answer. :sad1:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

What sol said and nabi mom said kinda makes their are compliment to each others.they are soulmates, i mean sol said they actracted to each others,its kinda nice to see that,and what nabi mom said was "dating isnt about picking the nicest person (whic is do hyeok) ,its about meeting someone special to you.

seeing nabi hurting so much,she really like park jae on.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

ff2ae9a23c2e4820b30783df36f8b892.jpeg?s=

Watch: Chae Jong Hyeop Gets Playfully Scolded For Not Being Chivalrous Enough In “Nevertheless”

Aug 14, 2021

by C. Hong

JTBC has released the behind-the-scenes video from episode 8 of “Nevertheless”!

This video focuses on the scenes of the burgeoning love triangle between Yoo Na Bi (Han So Hee), Yang Do Hyuk (Chae Jong Hyeop), and Park Jae Uhn (Song Kang).

The first scene in the video is Yang Do Hyuk’s confession to Yoo Na Bi, but she turns down his bouquet of lisianthus flowers, which means “unchanging love” in the language of flowers. The next scene is Yang Do Hyuk and Park Jae Uhn’s tense standoff about Yoo Na Bi, but Chae Jong Hyeop and Song Kang keep giggling between takes and during rehearsal. Then Song Kang forgets his line and Chae Jong Hyeop bursts into laughter before whispering to him the correct line.

The scene after that is Yoo Na Bi and Yang Do Hyuk’s sweet picnic date. Han So Hee naturally picks up the picnic basket when she goes to greet him, but the director immediately yells, “Cut!” and playfully scolds Chae Jong Hyeop for letting her take the basket. “Do Hyuk! Don’t make Na Bi hold it, you hold it! Don’t make Na Bi hold the luggage!” As they film the scene again, Chae Jong Hyeop is quick to take the basket in hand as he gets up to greet Han So Hee.

The actors are impressed with the boxed lunch that Yang Do Hyuk has prepared, which Chae Jong Hyeop jokingly takes credit for. Han So Hee wants to try the rice wrap rolls, but the props manager regretfully tells her that there aren’t enough of those to film multiple takes. When it comes time to film, Han So Hee has difficulty saying her line while eating, while Chae Jong Hyeop has trouble opening the lid. Han So Hee struggles to resist the temptation of the boxed lunch between takes, and says softly, “I have to eat braised chicken tonight!”

Check out the video with English subtitles below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483763wpp/watch-chae-jong-hyeop-gets-playfully-scolded-for-not-being-chivalrous-enough-in-nevertheless

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Rewatching the teaser for the last episode I’m hopeful that JE and NB will end up with each other in some way, whether in the present or future. The smashed artwork, JE and NB rework on it together -> seems to symbolise that their old relationship is broken (esp after that scene in the rain) but they can come together again to rebuild a new and better artwork and relationship. 

JE letting the butterflies free also indicates he is letting go of his past flirty ways and ready to work on himself to change for the better. 

The snippets they showed us with DH and NB are probably to play up the suspense of who she’ll end up with only. They could also maintain a healthy platonic relationship even if NB didn’t choose him. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Sol+Ji Wan are the best couple to come out of this show. A healthy couple who aren't selfish and who think about the other person too, not just oneself. 

How cute were Bit Na & Gyu Hyun though! I really like the whole gender role reversal thing that they have tried with this couple. In episode 9, their story was the highlight for me.

The best character development was Seol-a's. Love the fact that she stood up for herself and decided against seeing Jae Eon anymore. At this point I don't even understand his character anymore. He can see that he hurts his friends(?) and yet he leads them on, continues to be flirty with them, I just don't know! Even when with Nabi he says, "I enjoy being with you". Is everything about his enjoyment alone? :expressionless: What about empathy, kindness, friendship? On one hand he's portrayed as an observant artist, a profound thinker and a brilliant student and on the other hand he's just callous with his female friends/romantic/sexual partners. We can see that Jae Eon cares about the people around him, he isn't a complete jerk, and with Seol-a he's been in a long relationship and then friendship. He could draw the line and stop hurting her long ago if he wanted to. This inconsistency in the show and in his character really bothers me. I hope the last episode will help tie the loose ends. Another thing that bothered me was that how did Seol-a bring a lighter with her all the way from United States? Lighters are banned in flights as far as I know. I can't stop thinking about it, ugh! :persevere:

Also, did they change the actor that played the guy who likes Sol? He seemed like a different actor.

In this episode Do Hyeok seemed a little less annoying. I was afraid he was gonna go all possessive on Nabi and that would have really made me feel like punching him. I like that he's trying to keep her spirits up. She needs support and she needs to focus on her exhibition. I hope Nabi has a successful exhibition and I think redoing the sculpture or the act of putting the pieces together will also help her pick herself up and put things into perspective. Sol said she's a good counselor, she is just not able to dissociate her rational self from her feelings and take a decision. Maybe the art will act as therapy for her.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:05 AM, softestfairy said:

I've seen comments on IG and Twitter calling Nabi a dumb "B" and being misogynistic towards her because she's not returning Do-hyeok's feelings. Why do people think "nice" guys are entitled to every girl they like? Just because Do-hyeok can't get over his childhood crush doesn't make Nabi obligated to be with him even if he is "better" for her. I personally think Do-hyeok is boring and you can tell Nabi isn't feeling him that way. That doesn't make her stupid just human. If they do end up pushing Do-hyeok and Nabi together it would feel very forced. 

Those comments about Nabi made me realize all the more how much women internalize misogyny. :expressionless: Nobody owes anyone sex or affection because they are Nice! Isn't that the basic prerequisite to be someone's friend?

I feel sad that men have set the bar so low that women don't even expect half-decent behaviour from men. And we just settle for 'nice'. And nice aren't always nice. Nice guys can be controlling manipulative and toxic too. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I'm sort of relieved that next week is the definitive end of this drama.  It certainly got my insides churning with the miscommunication and uncommunicative leads. Much as I like good old second leads, I am wary of Do Hyeok and his going to the museum where Nabi's sculpture by her ex was (where he claims to have seen Nabi on her way out while he was on his way in). I think it is the same sculpture that Jae Eun was alluding to when he said he fell in love. That very sexual and sensual work of art and her ex boyfriend really has a lot to answer for!!

• Like 2