[Drama 2021] Nevertheless | 알고있지만

kattkedi

5fbf1b974fd34f87bcf6b94546fe7c0e.jpeg?s=

Song Kang Feels A Pang Of Jealousy At The Sight Of Han So Hee And Chae Jong Hyeop Together In “Nevertheless”

Jul 30, 2021

by L. Kim

The green-eyed monster is going to pay Song Kang a visit in the next episode of “Nevertheless”!

Spoilers

Park Jae Uhn (Song Kang) became lost and empty when Yoo Na Bi (Han So Hee) disappeared overnight. After talking with his mother Oh Min Hwa (Seo Jeong Yeon), he realized that he missed Yoo Na Bi. Park Jae Uhn belatedly realized his feelings for her and used the pretext of attending an MT (membership training) trip to go see her, but Yang Do Hyuk (Chae Jong Hyeop) was already with her.

The newly released stills of the upcoming episode shows the love triangle between the three characters growing more intense than ever. Park Jae Uhn watches Yoo Na Bi and Chae Jong Hyeop, who are making sweet eye contact, and becomes displeased with their closeness.

chae-jong-up-han-so-hee.jpg

Spoiler

song-kang2.jpg

Then the tables turn when Yang Do Hyuk’s cousin Yang Do Yeon (Lee Hye Won) starts to whisper something in Park Jae Uhn’s ear. While Park Jae Uhn listens to her without much interest, Yoo Na Bi’s expression stiffens as she grows uncomfortable to see them so close together. The increasingly sensitive emotions of the two people who keep falling out with each other stimulate the interest of the viewers.

lee-hye-won-song-kang.jpg

Spoiler

han-so-hee2.jpg

The preview for episode 7 showed the romance between Yoo Na Bi and Park Jae Uhn getting more complex with the appearance of Yang Do Hyuk and Yang Do Yeon. Despite Park Jae Uhn’s attempts to get closer to Yoo Na Bi, they will face an unexpected hitch when Yang Do Yeon, who has been playing cupid for Yoo Na Bi and Yang Do Hyuk, unexpectedly turns into her rival for Park Jae Uhn’s heart.

The producers of “Nevertheless” commented, “The one who is stopping Park Jae Uhn’s straightforwardness is none other than Yoo Na Bi. Park Jae Uhn has belatedly realized his feelings for Yoo Na Bi, but Yoo Na Bi is trying not to be swayed by this. Please pay attention to see the results of the ‘love game that has no winners.'”

The next episode of “Nevertheless” will air on July 31 at 11 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1481517wpp/song-kang-feels-a-pang-of-jealousy-at-the-sight-of-han-so-hee-and-chae-jong-hyeop-together-in-nevertheless

• Like 1

Dayum!

Okay just the first thoughts. This episode was the bomb!

The silly games played by the classmates aside, we got real development in Sol+Ji Wan story. That's just epic! I'm so happy that they aren't keeping it all vanilla. Hopefully they'll keep this up till the end which is just 3 episodes away, anyway.

And then Jae Eon is shown as the classic manipulator that he is. Clearly he still just wants to seduce Nabi and Nabi is again giving in because bad boys bring heaven to you lol, and yes, she's very very vulnerable. Props to Song Kang tho because it's not easy to portray such a character which is full of grey areas. He never goes overboard, the subtle seduction, the practiced, precise manipulation, the little touches, smirks. Bit Na rightly got called out for her cruelty, her propensity to seek entertainment at her friend's expense. In the webtoon it's Nabi who calls her out, but I like this more.

The previous episode was a dud but with this one we are back in the game again. Yay!

• Like 2

Honestly the characters in this drama frustrate me. Besides sol and dh, I have qualms with every single character and even those two aren’t honestly enough for me to keep watching honestly. Of course I am curious of the end so I will still follow along. and I am sorry for my post to anyone that enjoys this show, this is just my own opinion on the drama. I was rolling my eyes when BN tried to flirt with DH after the amusement park. And I was disgusted by JW lying about JE coming. Whether it can be argued that she doesn’t know full story about what happened to not be faulted for inviting him, I just hate friends in KDramas that Interefere in the name of ‘helping’ after their friend has broken up with someone. It’s mostly my hate towards how the writers are depicting the female friendships. I was actually liking the direction the FL was going in the ep where she focused on her school project. The writers could have had the friends help her ambition rather than her love life if they wanted to show good friends. I don’t know, I just feel like the importance of boundaries are not being emphasized enough in this show. Weather it’s in friendships or relationships. So far JE hasn’t had a ‘valid’ reason for being a ‘red flag’ or ‘liar’ because many comments I read in response to the claim he was one or both of those was that he has been blunt about his intentions from the get go and never misled our FL. But the moment he never gave a clear answer about not having a gf, I was like voila here we go, this is exactly why their whole dynamic till now has felt absolutely misled, gaslighty, and toxic, absolutely so frustrating to watch.

• Like 5

Honestly I don't know why I'm still watching this LoL! Maybe it's 'cause I'm already in too deep I guess? Sort of like Na Bi (sort of):tounge_wink:

Ji Wan is on my nerves, she keep butting into Sol's business but also Na Bi's. It did seem like it was a confession from both Sol/Ji Wan. Whether they/the writers will go through with it; will have to wait & see.. 

Bit Na ugh. LoL make up your mind girl! I feel for the actor who play Kyu Hyun. Love how he put her on blast that she's toying with their friends for her own twisted pleasure! I enjoy watchin' him, his dialect is hot LoL. Ironically he has more in common with Jae Eon irl. 

And then there's.. Na Bi oh dear LoL. I hope she too make up her mind & poor Do Hyuk. Btw I feel more chemistry between him with Do Yeon though ha-ha. 

Is Jae Eon changing for the better or worse ha? His insecurities in commitment seem to stem from his mom. Were there any mention of his dad? Still I just see nothing more than physical/sexual attraction between him & Na Bi. 

• Like 3

The girl isnt possesion of someone,she free to choose someone she like,dont care if its toxic or not thats her choice. Good guy gets the girl need to stop,i mean if she didnt like you,you have to move on and deserve someone who like you.

Nabi is not wrong if she choose Jae eon I literally don't care if she decide that. Theres never a confession from do hyeok,and even in real life han so hee said it would be akward for her if someone like her friends asked that.

shes already a mess with relationship from the start,her ex,her mom, and now jae on. Well if they choose webtoon storyline,she didnt pick anyone. Jaeon still a RickRoll'D and nabi have trauma when she see dohyeok chat with a woman ,so she back down.

but still if you watch closely i know jae on is a jerk,but when he do that steamy thing,he always consent and ask nabi permission. well its totally wrong but both of them agree to do that,so no forced kiss or anything like that.

• Like 3

I think what frustrated me about this episode was my disappointment in Nablus. I don’t care who she chooses or ends up with. I care she hooked up with someone while fully aware they are taken when she herself has been traumatized by the same thing in past relationship. A character I was looking forward to seeing develop as I stuck around watching new episodes, ended up regressing more than I could empathize with. I’m sorry,  no matter how ‘raw’ this plot line is supposed to be or the script trying to depict ‘real’ people, it’s not a pipe dream to see people even in real life learn from their pain and trauma so that they never hurt those like they were hurt. This is why besides the majority of characters and ML, I can’t stand the FL anymore after this ep. 

• Like 2

I wish I could just fast forward to see what happens!! I randomly started watching this drama and like that there’s a lot of realistic aspects. Takes me back to my good old college days.

I feel for Na Bi, her mum isn’t the best role model and her ex boyfriend is absolute garbage. I was mortified for her when she saw his ‘art piece’. Seriously what a jerk. I can see why she started falling for Jae Eon, he appeared at a really low point in her life and was persistent in pursuing her. He is definitely smooth and knows what to say and it really doesn’t help that he’s incredibly good looking. I’m not sure what his backstory is but I don’t think he really needs one, there are only 10 episodes in this drama after all. I think it would just be good to see him grow as a character and appreciate, respect and commit to Na Bi if his feelings are sincere. I will be really disappointed if he is just playing another game now and I really wouldn’t understand why he would do that. If anything, I think he is definitely confused about his feelings but he is sincere about Na Bi. 

I liked episode 7 and the build up to the end. Na Bi and Jae Eon have a lot of tension and chemistry and it’s hard when you really like someone because those emotions and feelings can consume you so I totally understand why Na Bi continually gives in to Jae Eon. I also don’t think Jae Eon is some awful terrible guy but I obviously don’t agree with everything he does though.. it would have been nice if he clarified the situation with Seol too..

With only a few more episodes left to go, I’d really like to see Na Bi focusing more on herself and her love of art. I know this drama is more about the relationship side of things and I do hope she makes the right choice, for her, if she chooses to but I do like seeing Na Bi being herself in her zone at school or when she’s chatting to her aunt. 

I’ve read a lot of comments about the webtoon and wonder if the drama will follow suit. I think they’ve set it up differently so perhaps the ending might be a little different. I think we will get an open ending but with Na Bi happy and content with herself and that would be good enough for me. 

Also I really like Gyu Hyun and will be sad if they do cut his scenes :tears: 

• Like 6

Nabi fell asleep while DH was talking. Dohyuk, baby, pull yourself together... :rolleyes:

NB thinks JE has a girlfriend but she still hugged and kissed him. 

She is happy only when she is with him.

The roommates couple is amusing. Their relationship is simple and predictable.  :D

• Like 1

696222fa24c24fafb537d71ecf297047.jpeg?s=

Song Kang And Han So Hee Awkwardly Meet As Model And Artist After Steamy Kiss In “Nevertheless”

Aug 7, 2021

by E. Cha

Get ready for a tense encounter between Song Kang and Han So Hee on JTBC’s “Nevertheless”!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Nevertheless,” Yoo Na Bi (played by Han So Hee) found herself swayed when Park Jae Uhn (played by Song Kang) suddenly appeared at her hometown. Although she tried to keep her distance, Park Jae Uhn was unrelenting in his attempts to reclaim her attention—and the episode ended with Yoo Na Bi losing her self-control as the two shared a passionate kiss.

In a new sneak peek of the drama’s next episode, Park Jae Uhn and Yoo Na Bi awkwardly reunite in her drawing class, where he happens to be posing as a model that day.

The moment Park Jae Uhn enters the studio, he catches sight of Yoo Na Bi—and his gaze remains fixed on her throughout the session. While all of the students are looking at Park Jae Uhn as they draw, he appears to only have eyes for Yoo Na Bi.

Nevertheless1.jpg

The producers of “Nevertheless” teased, “Yoo Na Bi’s composure, which was completely shattered by her kiss with Park Jae Uhn, doesn’t return that easily. Park Jae Uhn won’t miss out on that opportunity, and he’ll dig deeper into [her heart].”

They added, “Please keep an eye on how their restarted romance plays out.”

The next episode of “Nevertheless” will air on August 7 at 11 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482621wpp/song-kang-and-han-so-hee-awkwardly-meet-as-model-and-artist-after-steamy-kiss-in-nevertheless

• Like 2

You can literally cut through the tension between Na Bi and Jae Eon with a knife, it’s that thick and realistic haha

I don’t really get the hate for Na Bi and Jae Eon, I’ve certainly seen wayyy worse and more frustrating characters before. I think they are both realistic and I like that Jae Eon isn’t some typical rude arrogant play boy. He is a flirt and has friends that are girls but I wouldn’t even call him a typical player. Also I never thought he slept with the girl who’s brother came and attacked him, I don’t remember them clarifying what happened but the girl seemed genuinely apologetic to Jae Eon and the fact that her brother punched him in front of Jae Son’s ‘girlfriend’ (Na Bi) that I feel like it may have been a misunderstanding on the brothers part. I certainly think Jae Eon needs to be more up front and honest with Na Bi but it’s like he’s used to his so called reputation that he doesn’t feel like it’s that big of a deal. Unless he is a really good manipulative character (which I haven’t seen so far), I think he genuinely isn’t sure of what to make of his feelings for Na Bi. I also think he’s used to girls falling at his feet and while Na Bi has feelings for him, she’s got a guard up that he can’t fully break. She gives in at times but also sticks up for herself. Plus if I’m not mistaken, he pretty much admitted in episode 8 that he has feelings for Na Bi but she doesn’t realise the girl he was talking about is her just yet.

I really don’t get the hate for Na Bi too. Not every girl is some self righteous, confident person who says exactly what they feel. It’s obvious she has feelings for Jae Eon but is worried about getting hurt, especially given her ex boyfriend humiliated her. I think her character is incredibly realistic in that she thought she could have a friends with benefits relationship with Jae Eon but then ended up having feelings for him and felt foolish about it. She ended it when she realised things weren’t going anywhere but that doesn’t mean the feelings would disappear immediately. She sticks up for herself but still gives in at times because that is the wonderful and annoying cycle of feelings and young romance.

I am still very much enjoying this drama but am not sure what kind of ending we will get it. I’m definitely not expecting some perfect happy ending between Na Bi and Jae Eon and I’m not sure if it would make sense if that happened either. I think a good ending would be that Jae Eon does end up going overseas and Na Bi ends up getting a chance to go on an exchange program. Time passes, they grow up and mature more and then meet again later down the track by coincidence and are perhaps ready to start a proper relationship then. 2 episodes left until we know anyways! 

• Like 5