[Drama 2021] Nevertheless | 알고있지만

kattkedi

• kattkedi changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Nevertheless | 알고있지만 - Song Kang & Han So Hee | Saturday 11PM KST

Song Kang and So Hee kind of look like siblings LoL. I feel like Song Kang's reprising his role from "Love Alarm" the stereotypical bad boy. 

It's a nice change for So Hee here, after her role in "The World of the Married". She looks pan-asian to me. 

Not sure if I'm comfortable with the manipulation with crossing of boundaries in this drama? It's mainly everywhere even in dramas outside of Korea. I feel like there's actually women that enjoy these types of stories as there's a demand for it. 

Already Jae Eon is making me uncomfortable with the overt touching and with Na Bi's past with a jerk ex. I just think Jae Eon gets a free pass 'cause he's good looking. 

Will continue watching.. albeit with caution. I hope Na Bi learn to respect herself more & that Jae Eon won' t betray her trust like her ex. 

• Like 5

Man!!! Is the male lead giving me player/jerk/a-hole vibes in real-time or what!!

:lazyandfart:

Good lord all that touching her hands and hair and drawing Nabis on her arm... In her place, I'd have fled from the moment he touched her shoulder in the bar!! Whew!!

The ex-boyfriend!! Manipulative, gaslighting piece of crap.... that sculpture!! what an introduction to the drama!! Set the tone right off the bat! PG19!

Also, are they giving us a lesbian storyline? Because I'm down for that!!:love:

The leads don't do it for me, but I love the way the drama has been shot, the slow burn, the OST, the real atmosphere/tone.... I think I'm gonna enjoy watching it!!!

• Like 4

Agree @backstreetboysfan The drama seems more like what happened at a point in time and chances of a happy ending do look bleak.

but the over touching and kissing other girls while pursuing Na Bi so relentlessly seems more Jerk/a’hole than bad boy. Not sure what to make of this drama. It seems more Like a script written for an American high school and then rewritten into a Korean background. And somehow the plot is lost despite the good actors and nice way in which its shot. Will continue watching but could possibly be one of the rare Kdramas that I drop mid way. The chemistry will get sizzling in the upcoming episodes am sure. But Him kissing and maybe Even sleeping around with multiple girls while being crazy attracted to Nabi seems like a turn off for me :heartbreak:

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Raynaa said:

Agree @backstreetboysfan The drama seems more like what happened at a point in time and chances of a happy ending do look bleak.

but the over touching and kissing other girls while pursuing Na Bi so relentlessly seems more Jerk/a’hole than bad boy. Not sure what to make of this drama. It seems more Like a script written for an American high school and then rewritten into a Korean background. And somehow the plot is lost despite the good actors and nice way in which its shot. Will continue watching but could possibly be one of the rare Kdramas that I drop mid way. The chemistry will get sizzling in the upcoming episodes am sure. But Him kissing and maybe Even sleeping around with multiple girls while being crazy attracted to Nabi seems like a turn off for me 

Yeah I so agree, @Raynaa I hope he really likes her but going out with lots of girls noo thank-you. I do hope he changes but I don't know.

• Like 5

The ex-boyfriend is a big time jerk. What about consent? She needs his consent to paint her nails, but he doesn't need hers before making an intimate moment public. What a scumbag!

I have a feeling that Park Jae-eon being a player is a red-herring. We didn't actually see him going out with other women. We are all assuming it based on the one sided conversations we heard. Or did I miss something?:unsure:

Although Na Bi seems to be so flustered in his presence, I unfortunately don't feel any chemistry between the leads. This is a friends with benefits story. So there should be a zing. There are lots of 'tensed' moments but they seem very contrived. I also have a problem with the pace of the drama. Nothing seems to happen. There are just monologues / conversations between the two leads.  I am tempted to drop it already but I will give another few episodes a try before dropping it. We need more than two beautiful faces to keep us hooked. There has to be some kind of action. We seem to be stick in an ennui where there are just internal monologues and conversations between a flustered FL and a ML trying too hard to come across as a bad boy.

Overall, the first impressions aren't that great.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

4 hours ago, Raynaa said:

but the over touching and kissing other girls while pursuing Na Bi so relentlessly seems more Jerk/a’hole than bad boy. Not sure what to make of this drama. It seems more Like a script written for an American high school and then rewritten into a Korean background. And somehow the plot is lost despite the good actors and nice way in which its shot. Will continue watching but could possibly be one of the rare Kdramas that I drop mid way. The chemistry will get sizzling in the upcoming episodes am sure. But Him kissing and maybe Even sleeping around with multiple girls while being crazy attracted to Nabi seems like a turn off for me :heartbreak:

The drama is based on a webtoon, though. I started reading 2-3 episodes already and that pretty much covered Episode 1 I think. First episode is a lot of artsy camera shots and dialogue, much like the characters' studies. 

Jae Eon seems much like the character in Love Alarm :D only being a player. He has that look in his eyes that makes him irresistible to ladies. Honestly sometimes the gaze in his eyes creeps me out, probably starting from Love Alarm times. 

I like the OST and slow burn too. And the artsy shots. But of course that's not enough to sustain me for the next 9 episodes, though judging from the preview there will be some action in next episode when Nabi is not so much entranced anymore and takes action.

U Know Flirt GIF by Wimbledon

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I don't know if these two will have a happy ending(I hope I am wrong).

I read the whole webtoon and the ending wasn’t the classic happy ending, but it was fitting and realistic. The characters are pretty fked up and toxic as the story progresses.

I have no issues with the drama, it was like watching the webtoon come to life. Song Kang and Han So Hee are <3 They both look good individually and together.

Although after reading the webtoon, I still do not know what is the message of the whole story LOL. 

Would appreciate some enlightenment lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, Raynaa said:

He does seem like such a player, who is knowingly dishonest in his relationships. Whatever this show may be, it's not a romance.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

The ex-boyfriend is a big time jerk. What about consent? She needs his consent to paint her nails, but he doesn't need hers before making an intimate moment public. What a scumbag!

I have a feeling that Park Jae-eon being a player is a red-herring. We didn't actually see him going out with other women. We are all assuming it based on the one sided conversations we heard. Or did I miss something?:unsure:

Although Na Bi seems to be so flustered in his presence, I unfortunately don't feel any chemistry between the leads. This is a friends with benefits story. So there should be a zing. There are lots of 'tensed' moments but they seem very contrived. I also have a problem with the pace of the drama. Nothing seems to happen. There are just monologues / conversations between the two leads.  I am tempted to drop it already but I will give another few episodes a try before dropping it. We need more than two beautiful faces to keep us hooked. There has to be some kind of action. We seem to be stick in an ennui where there are just internal monologues and conversations between a flustered FL and a ML trying too hard to come across as a bad boy.

Overall, the first impressions aren't that great.

Didn't we see Park Jae-eon kissing another woman in the library?

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1