[Drama 2021] Nevertheless | 알고있지만

kattkedi

I'm personally losing patience at their 'will they or won't they not' story. 

Idk about watching 8 more episodes of them, maybe a movie would've been better.

I don't foresee any development on his side of the story since a player will always play.

Anyways, I found her art school friends more interesting than Nabi and noticed that I tended to skip less on their gatherings. Kinda surprised no one called out the leechy glasses guy at the night drinking since he was making everything so uncomfortable - I would've gave him a lecture on how intrusive he was + how you don't treat a woman/anyone like that.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

love this new kdrama! i like Song Kang in his role as a male ballerina in Navillera. glad to see a new kdrama with him as lead. i am disappointed only 1 episode a week. so i am reading the webtoons. the app only allows one free chapter a day and today its not working for me and i dun have coins to unlock!! so sad. if any one here knows where i can read the complete manga for free, please pm me kkkk. teach me please. thank you and stay safe, have a great monday working from home !

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, taekwang said:

love this new kdrama! i like Song Kang in his role as a male ballerina in Navillera. glad to see a new kdrama with him as lead. i am disappointed only 1 episode a week. so i am reading the webtoons. the app only allows one free chapter a day and today its not working for me and i dun have coins to unlock!! so sad. if any one here knows where i can read the complete manga for free, please pm me kkkk. teach me please. thank you and stay safe, have a great monday working from home !

You can't read it for free anywhere. What you can do is make multiple gmail accounts, Facebook, Twitter and Line. And then log in with each account and unlock one episode for free. That way you can read the whole thing in 3-4 days.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 6/22/2021 at 12:37 AM, Afxdy said:

When I see all the trailers on this drama, I was expecting some intense love story. But after watching the first episode, it felt wrong. So I come here to see the sentiments.

for me this is closer to a lust/obsession kinda thing than love.

not to mention the timeline kinda threw me off a bit. I still don't know they met again after a few months or after a few days. She met him for the first time on a snowy day and met again when sakura falls. but she still have that "tatoo" on her.

Not sure if I should continue or just drop it here.

I agree, the timeline kind of threw me off too, but living where I live, the weather can totally be at two ends of the spectrum like that. Snow one day, 20-30 degrees warmer the next.

Maybe she retraced the tattoo lol

On 6/26/2021 at 10:47 PM, Table122000 said:

I have watched Ep 1-2:

First, thanks to everyone here for their postings thoughts, comments, info, gifs, etc. on this drama. Based on the synopsis I read, I thought this was going to be more of a story of 2 people who rushed into things not looking for any strings but then found their feelings engaged in spite of themselves, but it's not quite playing out that way so far in my opinion.  FL seems to want a new relationship/strings despite just coming off a bad breakup, instead of just some fun times/one night stand type of thing. So she is wary of ML who seems to be looking for those things. ML has reputation as a flirt and womanizer, but he keeps coming back time and again after FL rejections when usually this type of man will just move on to the next one.  I'm a bit confused on the timeline of events. FL friend Bit-na trying to get FL to come to the gatherings, saying that "juniors" were asking about her- was this before or after she met up with ML at the bar?  

There was so much going on in these first 2 episodes that I feel I must rewatch them to get a better understanding of the characters and their motivations before watching ep. 3. 

My guess is that Jae-Eon figured out she also went to the same school as him, and so he started asking around about her. Probably part of his plan to make her interested in him and reel her in.

21 hours ago, yourgirl said:

@kaqueski I'm really liking the music too! Unfortunately I couldn't find the songs from Episode 1 that I liked the most. Please keep us updated if you find out the other songs/artists! 

I'm waiting for Sam Kim's song to be released. Don't know they're taking so long!! lol. Would have thought it would be released as the first or second OST since they used it in the trailer and such.

21 hours ago, tofumochu said:

I'm personally losing patience at their 'will they or won't they not' story. 

Idk about watching 8 more episodes of them, maybe a movie would've been better.

I don't foresee any development on his side of the story since a player will always play.

Anyways, I found her art school friends more interesting than Nabi and noticed that I tended to skip less on their gatherings. Kinda surprised no one called out the leechy glasses guy at the night drinking since he was making everything so uncomfortable - I would've gave him a lecture on how intrusive he was + how you don't treat a woman/anyone like that.

From what I've learned about SK's culture, hoobaes (underclassmen) tend to not call out upperclassmen (sunbaes) out of respect. It's really messed up and backwards. This applies to their society as a whole, not just in school.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, refugeebluez said:

You can't read it for free anywhere. What you can do is make multiple gmail accounts, Facebook, Twitter and Line. And then log in with each account and unlock one episode for free. That way you can read the whole thing in 3-4 days.

oh i see. i have 2 emails acc. so i read 2 episodes a day. think i should create anr 2 more and try to finish the whole story. i am at chapter 18 now

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 6:08 PM, chuu18 said:

Although after reading the webtoon, I still do not know what is the message of the whole story LOL. 

Quite a few, actually. ....
That at low points, women can think that good-looking player who makes her think she is the 'center of his universe' is the real-deal, but there is no need to settle for less, as the right guy (for her) is right around the corner. That people who choose to engage in casual relationships, are not necessarily evil like the world would have you believe. But they may be very, VERY wrong for you. That certain relationships may start off as fun, but may eventually bring out the deep, dark and ugly side of you. That it's okay to give a different dating style a try for yourself, but there is no point in continuing the relationship, when the pain overtakes the happiness. That some folks aren't meant to be a permanent fixture of your life... that they come in your life to teach you certain lessons.

I think for a story about casual relationships, it was a really profound message, which isn't lost in unnecessary romanticizing of questionable behaviors. :D

On 6/20/2021 at 5:04 PM, confusedheart326 said:

We didn't actually see him going out with other women. We are all assuming it based on the one sided conversations we heard. Or did I miss something?:unsure:

Precisely the point. It's a conscious directional choice, by unraveling the story from Nabi's PoV, who we know, is an unreliable, and biased narrator. IRL too, you don't know if the 'player' really ever thought of you as 'special', like he said. 
The ambiguity of JE being a playboy, is really captured very well. His 'encounters' with women are always implied or talked about, and never explicitly shown for reason. So that you could continue to give him the benefit of doubt, continue to fool yourself, even when the truth is blatantly staring you in the face!

The ambiguity around him makes us as viewers waver on what we think of JE in that instant, mirroring Nabi's stand. It gives her narration some credibility. The moment our hearts break along with Nabi's, is the moment she gets max viewer-sympathy despite taking very conscious but questionable decisions.

JE being a player, isn't a red herring sadly. Instead, the narration is more like the 'Rashomon Effect'. It'll make you question till the very end, what JE's true intentions were. And I believe this lends an element of psychological mystery to a plot that appears to be quite 'simple' on paper.

On 6/20/2021 at 9:08 PM, sobohomom2 said:

He does seem like such a player, who is knowingly dishonest in his relationships.

Rather, he is very open and honest about what he expects in a relationship from Nabi. This 'honesty' exempts him from Nabi (or the story) ever having the opportunity to paint him as the villain. Because she chose this, and chose HIM despite knowing everything. It puts the responsibility on our heroine's shoulder... whatever misery is coming her way.

On 6/21/2021 at 6:24 PM, agenth said:

However it's that gaze in his eyes that looks to me more disturbing/without feeling, especially when he looks at female lead, which makes me question the storyline: He is supposed to portray an intoxicating character that makes girls fall over him. Then again, it may be the writing that doesn't fit him. 

It IS supposed to be unsettling. Like you know he ain't any good, but yet you decide to say goodbye to rationality. There is a glint in his eye, that is so disturbing to watch. I agree, I too thought the character description required a smooth-talking, effortless 'ladies' man', whereas SK looks like he's trying to hard. And his touches aren't as nonchalant as you'd expect from a player of his caliber. Nonetheless, I think he captures the 'psychological' vibes of the character well :)

• Like 6

i am now at chapter 37 of the webtoon.... 3 more to go. should finish up to 40 by tmr! the ending is ...... ? i read the posts in here.... seems like not really a good happy ending for both of them?

• Like 3

That was a low blow from that Eun Han guy tsk. He was boring anyways LoL. I hate to admit this but Jae Eon/Na Bi are on F-I-R-E. Maybe Jae Eon should've called the fire department instead eheheh. They're both way too hot. 

This is goin' to end badly as someone is goin' to get burned but what to do LoL. 

Wonder what's Seol Ah's connection to Jae Eon? And oops look out Jae Eon there's a rival comin' soon. 

Ji Wan's acting way too clingy for a bestie. I swear if this is just 1 of those lgbt plot that get swept under the rug ergh. 

Ju Hyuk's too cute.. It's ok if you don't want him Sol I can take him from ya LoL. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

On 7/1/2021 at 3:58 PM, taekwang said:

i am now at chapter 37 of the webtoon.... 3 more to go. should finish up to 40 by tmr! the ending is ...... ? i read the posts in here.... seems like not really a good happy ending for both of them?

@taekwang where I can read the webtoon? or the summary is even better

8 hours ago, admonike said:

@taekwang where I can read the webtoon? or the summary is even better

5 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Can I know what the ending is please?.

hi, i read it in webtoons app. to read it fast, i use 4 different emails accounts. there is 40 chapters. so i finished in a week, by using the daily free chapter and also the free coins given.

the ending not what i expected. seems to me the author just quickly end it bc of the limit for number of chapters to 40. best you read it. i dun think i wanna say it in this forum. there is a new guy introduced later. he was her first boyfriend from the country side. 

but i do enjoy reading the manga. also reading other manga now. u can try webtoons and search for nevertheless

• Like 3

Hello new here

well i watched this drama recently and get hooked,dont care about mature

but this drama bringing youth back in kdrama. i mean last time i enjoy collage life drama maybe cheese in the trap.

all of them are good friends,and seems they are so pure in friendship especially nabi female friends ( i mean theres plot jealous one because the handsome more look to female lead). bit na ,sol and ji wan make this drama so full of youth.also all the cast full of youth. 

and of course how the leads ,i love the chemistry between so hee and song kang. they potrays the characters very well. also they did the bare hot scenes very well,i mean they young actors but the result came very good.

last but not least the ost. there so many good songs played in this drama.

dont worry about rating,because its aired in netflix ,nevertheless is talk on the internet.

i hope this is also the ost,because the vibes so chillin and good.

• Like 2

I'm more and more interested in Sol's story, I don't know if she's gay, but she and the boy can be a lovely couple, but since it's nevertheless, there must be something with this boy, I won't be surprised to learn that he already has a girlfriend. will they really show us some lgbt romance; I ask to see

• Like 3

18 hours ago, taekwang said:

hi, i read it in webtoons app. to read it fast, i use 4 different emails accounts. there is 40 chapters. so i finished in a week, by using the daily free chapter and also the free coins given.

the ending not what i expected. seems to me the author just quickly end it bc of the limit for number of chapters to 40. best you read it. i dun think i wanna say it in this forum. there is a new guy introduced later. he was her first boyfriend from the country side. 

but i do enjoy reading the manga. also reading other manga now. u can try webtoons and search for nevertheless

Okay, thanks so much for the info.