Cast:

Chen Zhe Yuan as Zhou Si Yue
Xu Meng Jie as Ding Xian
Wang Ze Xuan as Song Zi Qi
Fan Zhi Xin as Su Bai Cong
Wang Yi Lan as Kong Sha Di
Liu Zhi Wei as You Ke Ke

Synopsis:

From high school to university, Ding Xian and Zhou Si Yue's youthful love lasts for a lifetime. The superior and unruly campus god Zhou Si Yue is a genius. He is seatmates with the headstrong and adorable "Cinderella girl" Ding Xian. Although they couldn't stand one another at first, they come to appreciate each other's strengths in their day-to-day interactions, thus becoming lifelong companions in their journey through youth.

Credit: MyDramaList

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @Jillia

• 5 months later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Secrets In The Lattice 暗格里的秘密
  • 4 weeks later...

I was waiting for the last 2 eps to be subbed too.  I couldn't wait so I just watched it anyway. I was able to understand most parts - I guess my 2 years in Mandarin Class paid off. 

If you're looking for a "fluff" type series, I would recommend this one.  I can see a lot of potential for the ML in future series. As for the FL, her acting is so so.  She should stick to singing. lol.   I read their bio prior to starting the series.  The FL is 28 and ML is 24.  I love how they are able to make it believable that they are in their high school age.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NYXbaby said:

I was waiting for the last 2 eps to be subbed too.  I couldn't wait so I just watched it anyway. I was able to understand most parts - I guess my 2 years in Mandarin Class paid off. 

If you're looking for a "fluff" type series, I would recommend this one.  I can see a lot of potential for the ML in future series. As for the FL, her acting is so so.  She should stick to singing. lol.   I read their bio prior to starting the series.  The FL is 28 and ML is 24.  I love how they are able to make it believable that they are in their high school age.  

Chen Zhe Yuan,the male lead, is very talented indeed and one of my favorites :wub:. Last year he was in costume dramas Handsome Siblings  and Renascence.  He is also one of the leads in a highly anticipated drama Winner is King (hopefully coming up in not so distant future). 

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Our Secret aka Secrets In The Lattice 暗格里的秘密

I agree with ML act, how his eyes act so well is very attractive, his small gestures throughout this drama makes sweet scene works :wub: zheyuan can pull of siyue who looks cool but warm eyes for dingxian and his parents... and his besties :D

FL actually not that bad, tbh at first I thought she's not so pretty but along the way, she pulls off adorable to the max and makes me feel fond of dingxian :)

This drama, I was initially looking for a light drama, but it's actually a well-put slice of life that feels light but jammed with life lesson.

A very common plot with cliche scenes (like falling FL then catch by ML) but somehow it works and brings "awww" when watching it. Maybe because the Leads' good act and overall neat flow storyline, makes me getting the cuteness of these high school turns- college kids

too bad iqiyi doesn't put translation to written message in the drama like the one in dingxian's book, thankfully twitter people are helpful :)

• Like 1

Female lead is 28 years old??? OmG... she looked so young... 

Both male and female leads looked like they are still teenagers... maybe because of their small build...

Now that ep24 has been subbed...now people are looking for the special episode of  their wedding scenes.. anyone can volunteer infomation on where to watch it? Cept from mango tv or iqyi :D

• Like 1

@realistic2280a yup FL is 27 going on 28 whereas ML is 24 going on 25 (I kept telling my hubby, I can' believe she's that age and my hubby asked me "Why you want to look like you are in high school ah?? :dead:).

The ML's face is smaller compared with when he was in last year's Renascence. I wonder if he had to lose weight to play the part of a high school boy? I am enjoying the first few episodes and like the way it started, adds a dash of mystery to the whole story and piques my interest to know how they got to that stage...

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

@realistic2280a yup FL is 27 going on 28 whereas ML is 24 going on 25 (I kept telling my hubby, I can' believe she's that age and my hubby asked me "Why you want to look like you are in high school ah?? :dead:).

The ML's face is smaller compared with when he was in last year's Renascence. I wonder if he had to lose weight to play the part of a high school boy? I am enjoying the first few episodes and like the way it started, adds a dash of mystery to the whole story and piques my interest to know how they got to that stage...

Hahha...  i mean she is very mature.. yet she acted so innocent in the drama, i really thought she was in her early 20s hehe ..

Well, one has to have patience with dramas i guess.. since this is a high school drama, i would think for a mature audience Crush would be a better drama? Have you watch Crush?

13 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Hahha...  i mean she is very mature.. yet she acted so innocent in the drama, i really thought she was in her early 20s hehe ..

Well, one has to have patience with dramas i guess.. since this is a high school drama, i would think for a mature audience Crush would be a better drama? Have you watch Crush?

same, didn't expect her to be closer to 30, whoever casted her did a perfect job. The expressions on her face, that slight pout and in the earlier episodes, that rebellious expression, full of indignance, she nailed it. Her mother was also amazing - I could feel like I had stepped into a household, silently observing whatever was going on, this must be how tiger mother's talk to their kids. I wonder how many teenagers were watching this and going, "this feels like something my mother would say."

I must say Fan Zhi Xin playing Su Bo Cong looked slightly too mature for a high schooler, but then again he was in his last year in high school, moving onto Uni and then the working world, so I guess it was ok. I saw him in ELOD and Ms Crow XXXX and liked him in both shows - that guy has potential to become main lead, hopefully things work out for him.

4 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I must say Fan Zhi Xin playing Su Bo Cong looked slightly too mature for a high schooler, but then again he was in his last year in high school, moving onto Uni and then the working world, so I guess it was ok. I saw him in ELOD and Ms Crow XXXX and liked him in both shows - that guy has potential to become main lead, hopefully things work out for him.

He was also very good in recently aired Time Flies and You are Here. I suppose it's just smth about his overall physical appearance that makes him look more mature, since he actually just turned 22 this year and is one of the youngest here from the whole cast ensemble. I hope his agency Jay Walk would get him more good roles and won't screw up his career...

I actually wonder if it may be a kind of recent trend that some young actors look older/more mature then they actually are. I remember watching In a Class of Her Own and was quite in shock to discover the three male leads were barely 20-something :wub:

• Like 1

What! BO cong is 22 years old! OmG...i would imagine him being the older man in that group, yet he is the youngest!...  what do they eat in China! :crazy::D

Gosh, one thing i learn about china entertainment, they dont mind young actors... probably they would be  cheaper to cast and face value matters more to attract  younger audience :D

12 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

What! BO cong is 22 years old! OmG...i would imagine him being the older man in that group, yet he is the youngest!...  what do they eat in China! :crazy::D

Gosh, one thing i learn about china entertainment, they dont mind young actors... probably they would be  cheaper to cast and face value matters more to attract  younger audience :D

IKR? I notice there are a lot of younger actors these days. 

Are some of them from boy bands or something?

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Some are... china has over 1 billion people to choose from...

its a huge huge market... hehe

By the way, in regard to this - the ML, Chen Zhe Yuan, once shared the story behind him getting the role in his other drama, Handsome Siblings. He said at first stage there were more than 100 (or even 300, I'm sorry not to remember the exact number) actors,  who were considered for the role, and along the way he personally went through 3 auditions. 

• Like 1

Yes.. audition matters and so many people to choose from... the challanges new actors and actresses have to go through...  it just need one spark for someone to be successful or be forgotten...

I like the recent drama, Crush... a newbie and making waves with his first drama lead too :D