Details:

Chinese title:  梦华录 / Meng Hua Lu
English title: A  Dream of Splendor

Genre: Historical, romance

Director: Yang Yang

Episodes: 40

Broadcast Date: June 2 -July 3, 2022

Network: Tencent
Note: Adapted from the novel "Jiu Feng Chen" by Guan Han Qing.

Cast:

Liu Yi Fei as Zhao Pan'er
Chen Xiao as Gu Qianfan
Lin Yun as Song Yinzhang
Liu Yan as Sun San'niang
Xu Hai Qiao as Ouyang Xu

Synopsis:

Zhao Pan'er, who opened a tea shop in Hangzhou, finally received the good news that her fiance Ouyang Xu was in Beijing High School, but was abandoned. Unwilling to accept her fate, she vowed to go to Beijing to seek justice. On the way to Beijing, she had to rush to rescue her good sister Song Yinzhang, who was cheated on marriage and was abused. At the same time, she also saved Sun Sanniang, who had unfortunately tried to commit suicide because of her marriage life. When Ouyang Xu learned that Zhao Pan'er had come to the capital and came to the door, he managed to drive her out of Bianjing. Zhao Paner, Song Yinzhang, and Sun Sanniang decided to stay in Bianjing, relying on their own ability to make a fortune. After experiencing difficulties and various tribulations, the three sisters finally managed the small teahouse into the largest restaurant in Bianjing. After arduous struggle, Zhao Pan'er saw more scenery, and also solved the obsession with hating Ouyang Xu, and at the same time opened a door of equal salvation for the humble women in ancient times.

Cr Dramawiki, MDL

Note: Adapted from the novel "Jiu Feng Chen" by Guan Han Qing

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] A Dream of Splendor 梦华录

That's great news.

I find the premise interesting.

I hope the women empowerment doesn't go overboard, though.

No offense to us women but sometimes strong women can be written as annoying or unreasonable in some stories.

So unfair actually!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] A Dream of Splendor 梦华录 starring Liu Yi Fei & Chen Xiao
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] A Dream of Splendor 梦华录 premiering June 2, starring Liu Yi Fei & Chen Xiao

OMG these Chinese trailer editors are terrible, amateurish maybe kids can do a better job.

The sound is so bad, in and out and there is not even music.

Among the WORST made trailer I ever seen.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Dear All,  I've a peek yesterday.  It started off quite impressive with Chen Xiao interrogating two prisoners.  

But that is about all.  It very quickly fizzles out.  Both leads, Chen Xiao and Liu Yi Fei looks "aged".  Pardon me for commenting on their looks.  But this is entertainment.  We have the right to look for that - aesthetic value.

In short, I was UNimpressed by the acting.  But others may think differently.  So good luck to you all!

I actually binge watched the first 8 ep. All in 1 sitting ha-ha! I am now excited for more, in particular of more scenes with Pan'er and Qian Fan.

I thought Liu Yi Fei mostly does movies? So her in a drama was surprising. I enjoyed Chen Xiao's previous other dramas. Jelly Lin's character here is sort of a ditz and a dummy which she seem to be typecast a lot. 

Pan'er is loyal, smart, witty. San Niang is like the mother of the 3 and Yin Zhang is impulsive & stubborn. Clumsy too. All 3 women have similar ill fate with men. San Niang was kicked out by not just her husband but son also.

Yin Zhang was abused by her money grubbing husband while Pan'er fiance is marrying someone else for status/ wealth. I don't find Qian Fan's scenes that interesting LoL. He becomes more watchable whenever he meets Pan'er though LoL 

Pan'er has a cowardly fiance that refuses to let her go. I suspect the drama will milk that arc for several ep.

• Like 1

Am up to ep 12 at the moment and am enjoying it. It’s not a plot heavy, intrigue filled, character driven kind of drama. It’s a romance drama that’s quite light-hearted so far. There’s a small dose of humor from some side characters (watch out for He Si) which I enjoyed. The only possible mysterious element would be Chen Xiao’s character. He has some secrets and I suppose that would develop slowly and be revealed much later to the audience. I have always enjoyed Chen Xiao’s acting, he has never failed to deliver and he doesn’t disappoint here, he is doing a great job as Gu Qian Fan.
As for Crystal Liu, I have never seen any of her work, this is my first time watching her. Unfortunately, I have to say I am not too impressed. She doesn’t deliver her lines well - not clear (articulation), too soft (at time I can’t hear what she’s saying) and lack vocal and facial expression. I do, however, enjoy the friendship shared by her, Yin Zhang and San Niang. 
Of the 3 female characters, I think San Niang has the more interesting and likeable  personality.

I’ll continue with it as 1. I am enjoying it and 2. nothing is catching my eyes at the moment.

While waiting for new episodes, I’m watching ‘Legacy’ as my filler. Story is OK, not a fan of Wu Jin Yan but the senior/veteran actors has lifted the quality of the show and the outfits, OMG! The outfits and the jewelry are absolutely gorgeous!!!

• Like 3

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] A Dream of Splendor 梦华录 premiered June 2, starring Liu Yi Fei & Chen Xiao

WOW!  Reading the comments and wondering if we we watching the same show?  

I am really loving this series:  chemistry between main actors, toss in a bit of palace intrigue, a ditz longing for the same guy as the lead, a cowardly scholar beatin'-feet outta town, women starting a business against all odds, a herd of really bad guys lurking in the palace dungeon...  WHAT could go wrong?

After Ep14, I would go to that tea house just to hear about the day's 'New Rules.' 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, watchumlots said:

WOW!  Reading the comments and wondering if we we watching the same show?  

I am really loving this series:  chemistry between main actors, toss in a bit of palace intrigue, a ditz longing for the same guy as the lead, a cowardly scholar beatin'-feet outta town, women starting a business against all odds, a herd of really bad guys lurking in the palace dungeon...  WHAT could go wrong?

After Ep14, I would go to that tea house just to hear about the day's 'New Rules.' 

I am like you. I enjoy the drama so far. I think overall the acting and execution of the storyline  is a lot better compare to many of the other dramas.

I initially felt sorry for FL's ex fiancé. He appeared to have tried to make it work, but the circumstances and people around him just made his plans useless. I am not excusing what he did and I think he would have made some better choices, but he isn't 100% at fault. 

• Like 1

@ChibiLy:  "I initially felt sorry for FL's ex fiancé. He appeared to have tried to make it work, but the circumstances and people around him just made his plans useless. I am not excusing what he did and I think he would have made some better choices, but he isn't 100% at fault."

The two are obviously from different social classes, did SketchyScholar truly think he could just marry a woman keeping her behind the gate at home and no one would know, that it wouldn't affect his career opportunities?  Is he that stupid of a 'scholar?'

SketchyScholar story line is the plot device to get TeaLady to the capital to begin her new life and provide an antagonist, so who knows what the writers were thinking when they cooked-up that scenario.  However, Sketchy-Scholar is definitely in running with that creepy guy for Scummiest Character in a Drama award.   The way he tried to keep Noble-Match-Girl 'waiting' for his return...  

Sketchy-Scholar's plan to keep TeaLady out-of-town and out-of-sight until he had secured his position and marriage was pretty low.  He knew that telling her after the wait that she would be a concubine would put the ka-bosh on their relationship, what a tidy package.  He's definitely a Sketchy Scheming Scholar.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1