[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] A Dream of Splendor 梦华录

sugarplum892

@watchumlots he is sketchy and scheming by the last few episodes. He seems to idealistic and not clever enough to consider the consequences. It's sad, how he does not understand Pan'er. On the other hand, Gu Qian Fan appreciates and does not underestimate Pan'er.

• Like 2

@mvrecci

I find it interesting how you compare Chen Xiao to Xu Kai - is it the way they gaze adoringly at their ladies LoL? Chen Xiao's best work to date has been "Nothing Gold Can Stay". Others I enjoyed were, "Healer of Children, Life Love & Lie, Queen Dugu" and currently aired, "Simmer Down". 

Am gettin' tired of how drama stresses the low status of the ladies and especially Qian Fan who is still withholding many secrets from Pan'er. On the other, am happy that Qian Fan is devoted to Pan'er and I enjoy their banter. She is a fitting match for Qian Fan. They are very much equals.

Yin Zhang with Shen seem erm LoL Idk forced? He's too pushy. And San Niang will be paired with none other than the short-sighted scholar that'd be interesting ha-ha! 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I've made myself to watch a number of episodes and dropped it.:(

The main problem is the plot, it's too slow and boring.

Also I personally do not get the male lead's vibe from Chen Xiao at all. In addition, he portraits his character relatively dull and uninteresting, nothing captivating about him. It's my first time watching a drama with this actor, and I'm very disappointed.

Athough I always enjoy every piece of my "Teddy bear" Xu Haiqiao's work :wub:, his is role is just too small here(.  

Ohh, and the two FL's female friends IMO look just like 2 plastic Barbie dolls (((. 

Sorry, seems it's just not my drama to enjoy:mellow:... 

• Like 1

I’ve caught up to the latest episode 20, halfway through the 40 episode drama. Despite some flaws, like over-acting by some actors (eg. GQF’s Father), and a few ??? moments at the start, I am now engrossed in this drama. Pretty clothes, realistic sets, nice fighting sequences, and of course good acting by the two leads and supporting actors. The way Chen Xiao looks adoringly at Liu Yi Fei gives me the flutters and totally convinces me that GQF is in love with Pan Er. I love the scene of them talking at the courtyard where Pan Er was holding the yellow umbrella. Also the scene of Pan Er dancing in episode 17 - so pretty! 

I am suspicious of Composer Shen’s motives. I hope Zhang Hao Hao manages to tip Pan Er off about his playboy reputation and save Ying Zhang from more heartache. I am also feeling intrigued by the ‘hat demon’ that is terrorising the city. It may turn out to be more politically motivated than supernatural. Looking forward to the second half of this drama!

• Like 1

Ep 20:

Loved the conversation between TeaLady and LivingDevil, especially when he talked about not having many friends as he had killed them all.  :evillaugh:  Love their banter, they freely express their feelings and discuss their unwieldly situation.  At that time, kid's social status was inherited from the mother?  So TeaLady's status is an issue...

PipaPlayer is a dunce, she will end up being trafficked!  

i'm totally sure that Uncle Gu is worse than Xiao Dad. Uncle always pitch GQF with Dad. Most likely Dad wasn't as bad as what Uncle painted him to be. Tbh, I found it weird that no one knew GQF is Xiao's son. Both family are high profile, how come even Xiao's son got no idea that he has a GeGe from different mother. Gao's tremor is really suspicious, either his wife is related closely to ZPE or ZPE's fam is people from his past. So far ZPE's background is a mystery. it had mentioned only Zhao Dad is an official who fell from grace and their whole family became pariah. the only way for Gu-Zhao Nuptial to happens officially happily legally, Zhao Fam have to be exonerated OR Gu resigns from his post and live somewhere on top of the snowy mountain with Zhou ZhiSu-Wen KeXing as their neighbour.

:Pandabulous:

• Insightful 1

San Niang, Pan'er & Yin Zhang are like the powerpuff girls ha-ha. San Niang is buttercup.. Pan'er is blossom and of course Yin Zhang is Bubbles. 

I really don't like Yin Zhang's character at all. If the writer want this drama to be about female empowerment, why make 1 character so annoying & dull? Seriously it's 20+ ep. and Yin Zhang show no growth. Heck even someone as uneducated as Zhao Di is smarter. 

This drama feel draggy now with the politics. Pan'er's the only interesting character here. 

• Like 1

Ep 26:  Loved it.  Looks like things are going well.

And then... WEtv has previews and things looks like they are going south for our lovers.

So I have ONE request:   PLEASE tell me the two lovers are together in TheEnd.  Or 2 episodes prior.  Please?

Think some nastiness regarding the SketchyScholar & The Night Revels and LivingDevil is going to surface, and it won't be pretty. 

Can't believe the way DadMinister jeopardized his very own son simply to 'make a point.'  What a schmuck.  

That sleezy LittleBrother, he's a real waste of human material.   

WHY WHY WHY? always about revenge?   Is the thought of someone you smeared or cheated taking their revenge supposed to be a deterrent?  If so, it doesn't look like it's very effective.  (I'm jus' sayin')

Now I just want a successful restaurant, a compliant pipa player, a dancing restaurant owner, and a happy-ever-after-ending for our two lovers.  Is that so much?  After x hours and n weeks, can't I get a happy ending?  

• Like 1

This video by AvenueX cleared up a few of the questions I had. For example, I was wondering why Ying Zhang was holding her pipa like a guitar, and not vertically like you would usually see nowadays. The Kai Feng City was called East Capital because there was another capital in the West (Luoyang). Check out the video for interesting tidbits on the tea competition, fabric, and the pomegranate flower which GQF gave to Pan Er.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rambutan said:

How come WETV still doesn't have the complete series?

last episode for VIP will only be out on Sunday, 3 July. If you pay extra to WeTV under their express package which I think for Malaysia is RM20+...then you get all the remaining episodes. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for Thursday-Sunday releases (VIP). It's available on alternative sites but w/out subs, if you are able to understand it raw.

12 hours ago, SC2019 said:

last episode for VIP will only be out on Sunday, 3 July. If you pay extra to WeTV under their express package which I think for Malaysia is RM20+...then you get all the remaining episodes. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for Thursday-Sunday releases (VIP). It's available on alternative sites but w/out subs, if you are able to understand it raw.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I am now discouraged from renewing my monthly subscription (not your doing! :) )

• LOL 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] A Dream of Splendor 梦华录