[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] The Blue Whisper 与君初相识 Season 1 & 2

sugarplum892

Stars, movies and dramas could never really satisfy everybody.

I'm not very particular about a muscle pack or the shape of his tail. 

I understand that there are limits to CGI as well as the budget of the drama.

I just want to watch it instead of read it. 

• Like 5

On 10/23/2021 at 12:22 AM, Vera said:

Some c-netizens are not completely satisfied with the trailer. 

viewers in China are not completely happy, after viewing the trailer. They have two complaints, in particular. First some of the viewers were able to see that Allen was wearing fake muscle pack. This made Allen's fans in China angry. Secondly, his fans also complained about the CGI. They said his tail does not look like the tail of a shark, but looks like a big blue fan. No complain about Reba and her fox tails. But they also said that overall, the CGI looked 'cheap'. 

for you who understand chinese , its not all negative tho, some positive things Said too! 

https://www.sinchew.com.my/20211021/热巴新剧遭吐槽一毛特效-任嘉伦鱼尾被笑像/

Well I’m still looking forward to this!! You think this won’t air until the 3rd quarter becsuse the crew, director etc wants to make the CGI look better and make Alen Ren’s muscles / tail more realistic ? 

Ah the fans are never happy. I think once the drama is out, there will be less complaints.

It is rather tricky for Allen. In the story his character goes through alot of suffering. So to expect him to lose weight and still have a 6 pack isn't easy. 

Anyway, glad it isn't all negatives and there are some positive comments. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Ah the fans are never happy. I think once the drama is out, there will be less complaints.

It is rather tricky for Allen. In the story his character goes through alot of suffering. So to expect him to lose weight and still have a 6 pack is isn't easy. 

That is so true... his character goes through a lot and it spanned several years so physical changes are to be expected.

• Like 3

Thank You soo much for providing us with the English Translation link of the Novel

I like the premise of the story and I also like the main leads..
I can wait to watch Ren Jia Lun new costume drama..and now paired with Dilireba..awww...
While waiting for the drama start viewing, I am able to read the novel and imagine the leads in the story...:fullofhearts:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Avocado80 said:

Thank You soo much for providing us with the English Translation link of the Novel

I like the premise of the story and I also like the main leads..
I can wait to watch Ren Jia Lun new costume drama..and now paired with Dilireba..awww...
While waiting for the drama start viewing, I am able to read the novel and imagine the leads in the story...:fullofhearts:

Get a box of tissues ready!

Random comment, but I absolutely love Jiu Lu Fei Xiang's stories. I wished her already adapted novels had higher production investments. 

This is my first experience to read the novel of C-costume drama before the drama aired ..
Usually I don't want to get spoiler and don't want to compare the book and the drama, so I avoid reading the novel..
But, I can't resist to read this one..Imagining Ren Jia Lun as beautiful merman hufff...
And the translation is good too
Maybe I will read not until the end..because I want to keep the ending saved :hwaiting2:.

Hmm.. why in the trailer Chang Yi doesn't get his white silver hair just like in the novel (haha..I start to rant)  

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 4:13 PM, Avocado80 said:

This is my first experience to read the novel of C-costume drama before the drama aired ..
Usually I don't want to get spoiler and don't want to compare the book and the drama, so I avoid reading the novel..
But, I can resist to read this one..Imagining Ren Jia Lun as beautiful merman hufff...
And the translation is good too
Maybe I will read not until the end..because I want to keep the ending saved :hwaiting2:.

Hmm.. why in the trailer Chang Yi doesn't get his white silver hair just like in the novel (haha..I start to rant)  

I can't resist reading a drama that has a novel. This is what happened with Blue Whisper. 

I love this one...so good! 

I read random CNovels and when it becomes a drama, I reread them. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

On 10/24/2021 at 9:11 AM, ChibiLy said:

It is rather tricky for Allen. In the story his character goes through alot of suffering. So to expect him to lose weight and still have a 6 pack isn't easy. 

I don’t think the fans were upset with the lack of his six pack. They were more upset with the fakeness of it. If the director was not satisfied with the actor’s body, they could have hide him behind some rocks or trees. Rather that than to bluff the audience with a fake body. 

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

On 1/16/2022 at 3:18 PM, Prettysup said:

I don’t think the fans were upset with the lack of his six pack. They were more upset with the fakeness of it. If the director was not satisfied with the actor’s body, they could have hide him behind some rocks or trees. Rather that than to bluff the audience with a fake body. 

How embarrassing for Allen. :( 

btw I'm currently reading the novel and it's very addictive! The translator has done a good job imo, as it makes for an easy read. Sometimes even taking the time to explain Chinese proverbs etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

How embarrassing for Allen. :( 

btw I'm currently reading the novel and it's very addictive! The translator has done a good job imo, as it makes for an easy read. Sometimes even taking the time to explain Chinese proverbs etc. 

That good? Yay! I'll do my best to squeeze time this weekend to read the novel! 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Tamakins said:

I am in need of a new read, I just need to find a translation of this so I can read it. =D

The Blue Whisper 驭鲛记 English Translation - Way East (weebly.com)

Enjoy!

On 1/17/2022 at 3:18 AM, Prettysup said:

That is good to know. I prefer an actor who can act over a six pack. 

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

That good? Yay! I'll do my best to squeeze time this weekend to read the novel! 

I totally agree this is a great novel. I love most of the authors work. If this one is too long, you can also try her shorter stories, such as Sansheng, Wanchuan Wu Shang and Seven Unfortunate Lifetimes, All Thanks to a Single Moment of Impulse (Author Jiu Lu Fei Xiang - Novel Updates). Jiu Lu Fei's stories will make you laugh and cry.

I think most of her novels are getting adapted into dramas. Hopefully, the dramas will be faithful to the novels.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 1/19/2022 at 7:09 AM, ChibiLy said:

I totally agree this is a great novel. I love most of the authors work. If this one is too long, you can also try her shorter stories, such as Sansheng, Wanchuan Wu Shang and Seven Unfortunate Lifetimes, All Thanks to a Single Moment of Impulse (Author Jiu Lu Fei Xiang - Novel Updates). Jiu Lu Fei's stories will make you laugh and cry.

I think most of her novels are getting adapted into dramas. Hopefully, the dramas will be faithful to the novels.

Done reading, it's a good story! I hope the drama stays as faithful as possible to the novel. Thanks too for the other titles of the author's stories. I'll be checking those out when I can. :)

• Like 1