[Drama 2021/2022] Duke City/Artificial City, 공작도시

larus

10 hours ago, jongski said:

Thank for the update larus. I thought this drama wil air 2022. Anything with Soo Ae and Kim Kang Woo, I'll watch plus the genre is my fav.   The title though... heh.

We found out today that JTBC confirmed the airing date, It is December 8 and it will be a  Wednesday-Thursday drama. It is good that we finally know when it airs and that we`ll have more informations about the drama. 

• Like 4

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021/2022] Duke City/Sabotage City, 공작도시- Soo Ae & Kim Kang Woo- Wed-Thu-Premieres on December 8

Soo Ae, Kim Kang Woo, And More Impress With Their Acting In 1st Script Reading For Upcoming Mystery Thriller

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 3, 2021
by S. Nam

Upcoming JTBC drama “Gong Jak City” (literal title) with Soo Ae and Kim Kang Woo held its first script reading!

“Gong Jak City” takes place against the backdrop of an art museum that belongs to Sung Jin Group, a major conglomerate that holds the reins of the political and financial worlds in South Korea. It is a psychological mystery thriller about the things that disappear when humans become greedy and ambitious for power.

Star actors including Soo Ae, Kim Kang Woo, and more have joined the cast, and their passionate script reading raised even more anticipation for the upcoming drama. In addition to director Jeon Chang Geun and scriptwriter Son Sae Dong, lead actors Soo Ae, Kim Kang Woo, Kim Mi Sook, and Lee Yi Dam were present to test their chemistry together for the first time. Despite it being their first time working together, the actors showcased suspenseful and immersive acting, captivating everyone on set instantly.

Soo Ae stars as Yoon Jae Hee, who is in charge of the operations at Space Jin, the art museum owned by Sung Jin Group. She is also the second daughter-in-law of the family that controls Sung Jin Group. Not only did Soo Ae impress with her powerful acting, but she also skillfully portrayed her character’s tenacity and goals to go higher with an elegant yet firm voice.

Kim Kang Woo plays Jung Joon Hyuk, Yoon Jae Hee’s husband and a revered national anchor. He’s a complex character with an inferiority complex over being labeled “the illegitimate son of Sung Jin Group,” and he aims to achieve the greatest position in order to no longer have to be greedy. Kim Kang Woo completely immersed himself in his character, using his trademark charm to help lead the atmosphere on set. Viewers are looking forward to the synergy that will arise between Jung Joon Hyuk and Yoon Jae Hee, especially as Yoon Jae Hee tries to make her husband the president.

Soo-Ae-Kim-Kang-Woo.jpg

Kim Mi Sook has taken on the role of Seo Han Sook, who is Sung Jin family’s most influential figure. The actress portrayed Sung Jin group’s power and class with a dignified charisma. Furthermore, Lee Yi Dam will play Space Jin’s docent Kim Yi Seol, who will develop a strange tension with Yoon Jae Hee.

Actors Lee Hak Joo, Lee Choong Joo, Kim Young Jae, Kim Ji Hyun, Kim Joo Ryoung, Seo Jae Hee, and more also portrayed their characters well to complete the world ruled by Sung Jin group, showcasing great acting synergy and raising anticipation for the upcoming drama.

The production team shared, “We felt reassured all throughout the script reading while seeing the actors acting and showcasing a charm beyond that of the characters. Everyone is doing their best so that the actors’ synergy can be directly conveyed via the small screen, so please show lots of anticipation and interest.”

JTBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Gong Jak City” will premiere on December 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1496731wpp/soo-ae-kim-kang-woo-and-more-impress-with-their-acting-in-1st-script-reading-for-upcoming-mystery-thriller

• Like 4

Wanna see  teaser, poster already.  JTBC better be promotin this.  Thanks in advance I'll be waiting.

On 11/3/2021 at 4:28 PM, larus said:

Gong Jak City” takes place against the backdrop of an art museum that belongs to Sung Jin Group, a major conglomerate that holds the reins of the political and financial worlds in South Korea. It is a psychological mystery thriller about the things that disappear when humans become greedy and ambitious for power.

Star actors including Soo Ae, Kim Kang Woo, and more ( via soompi)

My fav genre. The story plot. The actors. I wanna see classic psychological mystery thriller  drama.

I think am getting burnout from all the fantasy sci-fi supernatural, superhero, zombies, horror webtoon/netflix drama adaptations. I just want me a good old fashion  kdrama with my fav genre. With this two actors and other cast. I'll know I'll get the acting I wanna see. Hoping the script is fantastic too.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jongski said:

I think am getting burnout from all the fantasy sci-fi supernatural, superhero, zombies, horror webtoon/netflix drama adaptations. I just want me a good old fashion  kdrama with my fav genre.

Me too. I don`t want to watch the supernatural dramas with zombies,  other creatures or superheroes. I want a classic psychological mystery thriller. I also hope this drama will be good. 

• Like 3

November 10 2021

First teaser trailer for JTBC drama “Artificial City”

Artificial_City-teaser1SM1.jpeg

First teaser trailer added for JTBC drama series “Artificial City” starring Soo-Ae & Kim Kang-Woo. Narration in the teaser has Soo-Ae stating “Your satisfaction, which was confirmed by my deficiency. I don’t want to live like you. Your achievement shines even more because of my lowliness. My misfortune that shines upon your good deed. I wouldn’t have started if I was going to back down at this point.”

“Artificial City” is now scheduled to first air December 8, 2021 in South Korea (takes over JTBC’s Wednesday & Thursday 10:30 PM time slot after “Reflection of You“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Yoon Jae-Hee (Soo-Ae) is the second daughter-in-law of the chaebol family who runs the Sungjin Group. She works at art gallery Space Jin. In the past, she had a boyfriend she dated for years, but she dumped him to marry Jung Joon-Hyeok (Kim Kang-Woo). Jung Joon-Hyeok was born out of wedlock to the chaebol family.

Yoon Jae-Hee wants to make her husband the South Korean president. For that, she cooperates with the next public prosecutor general and she begins a war against her in-laws.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-jtbc-drama-artificial-city

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021/2022] Duke City/Artificial City, 공작도시- Soo Ae & Kim Kang Woo- Wed-Thu-Premieres on December 8

Watch: Soo Ae’s New Drama “Artificial City” Previews Murder, Betrayal, And Terror In First Teasers

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 11, 2021
by C. Hong

JTBC’s new drama, “Artificial City,” has released a new teaser and posters!

“Artificial City” is a new drama starring Soo Ae and Kim Kang Woo that is set in an art museum that belongs to Sung Jin Group, a major conglomerate that holds the reins of the political and financial worlds in South Korea. It is described as a psychological mystery thriller about the greed and ambitions of women who strive to rise to the highest position in Korea.

Soo Ae stars as Yoon Jae Hee, the head of the art museum and the second daughter-in-law of the family that controls Sung Jin Group. She is a woman who has a deep love for and obsession with her lifestyle. In her individual posters, she dons an elegant black gown and holds a diamond key tightly in her grip as the caption reads, “A place that everyone desires, but is dangerous for everyone.”

soo-ae-artificial-city.jpeg

Spoiler

artificial-city-soo-ae.jpeg

The first teaser previews the blood, murder, assault, and betrayals that take place in the cutthroat world of Sung Jin Group. Although they appear to be a perfect family on the surface, wine soon turns into blood amid scenes of love affairs, attempted drowning, and physical abuse.

Yoon Jae Hee is particularly a target of violence, as her husband, Jung Joon Huk (Kim Kang Woo), hurls a glass against the wall in front of her. He is a respected national anchor but harbors an inferiority complex over being the illegitimate son in his family. Yoon Jae HEe is also forced to kneel and threatened at gunpoint, and in one chilling scene, an unnamed woman is dragged by her hair on her knees inside a building on fire.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1498095wpp/watch-soo-aes-new-drama-artificial-city-previews-murder-betrayal-and-terror-in-first-teasers

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Posters and teaser for Su Ae’s psychological thriller drama Artificial City

by tineybeanie

soo-ae-artificial-city.jpeg

Su Ae (The Man Living in Our House) stars as a woman with ambitions to rise to the top in upcoming drama Artificial City (Korean title Gong Jak City). The drama is set against the backdrop of a museum funded by Sungjin Group, a conglomerate that has a stranglehold on the business world of Korea.

The character that Su Ae plays is Yoon Jae-hee, the second daughter-in-law of the Sungjin chaebol family. Her desire for and obsession with survival is unlike any other. In the posters featuring Su Ae, the caption reads: “The place that everyone craves, but where everyone is in danger.”

The teaser begins with an innocent scene of Su Ae in her bed asleep, but then her ominous monologue begins: “You were satisfied when you saw my failings.” She pours her wine out in the bath, and a family photo of her, her husband, and her son flashes by. Scenes of fighting and kissing are shown, and she suddenly says, “I don’t want to live like you.”

Her husband throws something and shatters glass as she flinches. The voiceover continues: “Your success shines even brighter when compared to my shabbiness.” A woman is shown drowning another, and Su Ae kneels on the ground in front of another lady.

A woman is dragged through a dark warehouse by her hair, and Su Ae continues: “My poverty only made your good deeds shine brighter.” Another woman points a shotgun directly at Su Ae, just feet away from her, and in the next cut, she’s on the floor. A tear rolls from her eyes, as the last comparison is made: “My darkness makes your world seem brighter.”

Suddenly, the scene changes to a sunny summer sky, and a reverse time lapse rewinds everything we just saw. In a determined voice, Su Ae says, “If I were going to give up at this pathetic moment, I would never have started.”

Directed by Jeon Chang-geun (Mystic Pop-Up Bar) and written by Sohn Se-dong, JTBC’s Wednesday-Thursday drama Artificial City begins airing on December 8.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

'Duke City' Soo-ae, daughter-in-law of a conglomerate in Korea... Changeable expression

optimize

'Duke City' Soo-ae transforms into the daughter-in-law of a conglomerate who runs the Republic of Korea.

JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Peacock City' (played by Son Se-dong/directed by Jeon Chang-geun), which will be aired for the first time at 10:30 pm on December 8, is set in the Seongjin Group's art museum that shakes the political and financial world of Korea as the background. It is an unconventional mystery thriller drama that contains the desires of women.

The character Yoon Jae-hee, played by Soo-ae in the play, is the second daughter-in-law of the Seong-jin family, who is in charge of the art museum 'Space Jin'. She has a sophisticated atmosphere worthy of the title of daughter-in-law of a chaebol family and confidence as a successful career woman.

In particular, she believes that poverty eats away love, saying, 'If you have no resistance, you have no heart.' She is so attached to life that she does not shy away from the humiliation of kneeling down and bowing her head as well as stepping on others to achieve her goal. strong.

Yoon Jae-hee, who is out of wedlock in Seongjin-ga, starts a bold and reckless leap with her grand dream of making her husband the president, and she is looking forward to the day she will rise to the highest place that no one can help.

In the published photos, the charismatic appearance of Yoon Jae-hee's character, completed with Soo-ae's unique elegant style, is contained. Her gentle smile that makes her feel relaxed even when she works shows the charm of the character Yoon Jae-hee .

But in a situation that stands in the way, I can't even imagine that she's cold eyes and a fishy expression, and she freezes those who see her. Suae's delicate acting, which can express a character with changing emotions, is already expected.

The production team of 'Peacock City' said, "Yoon Jae-hee is a very honest person with her desires, so I think she will cause sympathy and inspiration to many people." 

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4490950

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

On 11/12/2021 at 10:52 PM, larus said:

Duke City' Soo-ae transforms into the daughter-in-law of a conglomerate who runs the Republic of Korea. (from article)

Classic Soo Ae. I like.

This drama.. I want it as good  thriller mystery revenge drama as it can be.  Something like "Queen of Ambition" or "Money Flower!"Long before webtoons taking over Korean dramas. This type of plot and actors are  what kdrama is what's about.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:52 PM, larus said:

The character Yoon Jae-hee, played by Soo-ae in the play, is the second daughter-in-law of the Seong-jin family, who is in charge of the art museum 'Space Jin'. She has a sophisticated atmosphere worthy of the title of daughter-in-law of a chaebol family and confidence as a successful career woman.

In particular, she believes that poverty eats away love, saying, 'If you have no resistance, you have no heart.' She is so attached to life that she does not shy away from the humiliation of kneeling down and bowing her head as well as stepping on others to achieve her goal. strong.

Yoon Jae-hee, who is out of wedlock in Seongjin-ga, starts a bold and reckless leap with her grand dream of making her husband the president, and she is looking forward to the day she will rise to the highest place that no one can help. (via article)

And Kim Kang Woo! from drama Missing Noir M.. one of the best and fav of mine. Can't wait to see both leads.

Thanks much for the poster updates.

• Like 3

'Duke City' Kim Kang-woo, national sign anchor Jung Jun-hyeok... Acting with Soo Ae

PS21111600050.jpg

The first stills of Kim Kang-woo, who will return with another intensity of determination in 'Peak City', were released. In JTBC's 'Peacock City', which will be aired for the first time on December 8, Kim Kang-woo will play the role of Jung Jun-hyeok, a national anchor who runs a fan club, and shows off his charismatic acting.

'Peacock City' is an unprecedented mystery thriller drama about women's desire to rise to the highest position in Korea against the backdrop of the Seongjin Group's art museum that shakes the political and financial world of Korea.

It contains the images of Kang-woo Kim, who has moved in. It clearly shows the image of the signboard anchor Jung Jun-hyeok (Kim Kang-woo) that the public sees, such as the luxurious look and confident eyes felt as the son of a chaebol family. On the other hand, there is also a sense of loneliness that cannot be known in depth, raising expectations for the three-dimensional inner performance that Kim Kang-woo (Jung Jun-hyuk) will draw.

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=214996#

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Artificial City” has shared a sneak peek of Soo Ae in her starring role!

“Artificial City” is a new mystery thriller set against the backdrop of an art museum that belongs to Sung Jin Group, a major conglomerate that holds the reins of both the political and financial spheres of South Korea. The drama will tell the story of the greed and ambition of those who strive to reach the top of society.

Soo Ae will star in the drama as Yoon Jae Hee, the second daughter-in-law of the Sung Jin Group family and the head of the Space Jin art museum. Although she is already living a luxurious lifestyle as a successful career woman who married into money, the outwardly elegant Yoon Jae Hee harbors a deep ambition and thirst for power that is hard to keep hidden inside. When it comes to getting she wants, she isn’t afraid to step on others—or to fall to her knees and swallow her pride—if it means she can achieve her goals.

Kim Kang Woo will play the role of Jung Joon Hyuk, Yoon Jae Hee’s husband and a beloved national anchor. However, despite his fame and enviable status, Jung Joon Hyuk struggles with a deep-seated inferiority complex due to being labeled “the illegitimate son of Sung Jin Group.”

In her quest to reach the top, Yoon Jae Hee dreams of making her husband the president of South Korea, and she does everything in her power to make that dream a reality.

Although Yoon Jae Hee wears a warm smile at work, her true colors are revealed in another photo: when someone gets in the way of what she wants, her gaze turns cold and sharp as she makes a chilling transformation.

Spoiler

Soo-Ae-2.jpg

Soo-Ae-3.jpg

Soo-Ae-4.jpg

The producers of “Artificial City” commented, “Yoon Jae Hee is a character who is very honest when it comes to her ambition, so we think she’ll pique viewers’ interest and empathy. Please look forward to the acting transformation of Soo Ae, who has completely disappeared into her character.”

“Artificial City” will premiere on December 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1499156wpp/soo-ae-is-a-chaebol-daughter-in-law-whod-do-anything-to-reach-the-top-in-artificial-city

• Like 3

'Duke City' Soo Ae, the 2nd solo poster with feelings of loneliness released

optimize

The second solo poster of Soo Ae in 'Peacock City' has been released.

On the November 18th, JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Peacock City' (played by Son Se-dong / directed by Jeon Chang-geun) released a poster with Soo-ae's unique atmosphere to the outside.

'Peacock City' is an unconventional mystery thriller drama about women's desire to rise to the highest position in Korea against the backdrop of the Seongjin Group's art museum that shakes the political and financial world of Korea.

In her drama, Soo-ae takes on the role of Yoon Jae-hee, the second daughter-in-law of the Seongjin family, who has the ambition to make her husband president.

The solo poster released on this day shows Yoon Jae-hee (Soo-ae) climbing the stairs alone. A feeling of loneliness is felt from her step by step, relying on her pale light shining from a high place where she does not know where she ends.

She also catches her attention as she does not show any regret or fear in her expression as she gently looks back on her way up. Meanwhile, 'Peacock City' will premiere on December 8 at 10:30 PM.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4496686

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Watch: Soo Ae And Kim Kang Woo Raise Tension In New Teaser For Upcoming Drama “Artificial City”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 22, 2021
by J. Ahn

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Artificial City” has released a new teaser!

“Artificial City” is a new mystery thriller set against the backdrop of an art museum that belongs to Sung Jin Group, a major conglomerate that holds the reins of both the political and financial spheres of South Korea. The drama will tell the story of the greed and ambition of those who strive to reach the top of society.

The new teaser starts with a once happy bride-to-be Yoon Jae Hee (Soo Ae) and her fiancé Jung Joon Hyuk (Kim Kang Woo). Jung Joon Hyuk tells Yoon Jae Hee, “You know I’m not a nice guy, right?” Yoon Jae Hee replies, “I don’t need a nice guy.”

Fragments of Yoon Jae Hee’s precarious life are shown as Seo Han Sook (Kim Mi Sook), Yoon Jae Hee’s mother-in-law and head of the Sung Jin Group family, says to someone, “Do you really not know her well enough yet?”

Meanwhile, Space Jin docent Kim Yi Seol (Lee Yi Dam) follows Yoon Jae Hee around while provoking her as she asks Yoon Jae Hee, “Are you scared that I’ll take what’s yours?”

However, Yoon Jae Hee seems unstoppable and full of ambition as she remarks, “I’m going to make you president, and I’m going to be there right by your side.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1499820wpp/watch-soo-ae-and-kim-kang-woo-raise-tension-in-new-teaser-for-upcoming-drama-artificial-city

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Peacock City' Lee Yi-dam raises mysterious docent suspense

1637542271425568.jpg

Actor Lee Yi-dam heightens suspense with the mysterious docent Kim Yi-seol character in 'Peacock City'.

The first stills of Lee Yi-dam, who will lead the play following Soo-ae (Yoon Jae-hee) and Kim Kang-woo (Jung Jun-hyeok) in the new JTBC drama 'Peacock City', were released on the 22nd.

The character Kim Yi-seol, played by Lee Yi-dam, is the docent of Space Jin, an art museum in the play. Although she is not an art major, she is from a prestigious university, and she is a talented person who has been admired by Yoon Jae-hee (Soo-ae) from an early age because of her cleverness to read the lines between the words of the other person.

Kim Lee Seol, who has a quiet personality that does not stand out due to her modest appearance, and sometimes even resolute and daring, is actually a person who has a desire to raise her status. In particular, in her gaze towards the people of her Sungjin family, she always has indescribable emotions.

In the published photos, Kim Yi-seol, with a cold expression with a dry smile and dark eyes, is interesting. She also wants to climb higher places, but she feels pitiful, quite different from those whose desires are burning. Therefore, it is a situation where you are wondering what kind of story came to her and what her final goal will be.

Above all, Lee Seol Kim left a strong impression as a mysterious figure who provokes Jae Hee Yoon in the teaser video released earlier, and curiosity is growing more about the character Lee Seol Kim, who will form tension with Jae Hee Yoon.

The production team of 'Duke City' explained, "After Yoon Jae-hee and Jung Jun-hyuk, Kim Yi-seol, the owner of another desire, is an important person who will inject suspense into the play."

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=215326

• Like 2

'Duke City' Lee Hak-joo, reporter for the just news agency... smoke transformation

202111231057392037_l.jpg

Still cuts of Lee Hak-joo, who will transform into reporters in 'Duke City' have been released.

On the 23rd, JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Peacock City' (played by Son Se-dong / directed by Jeon Chang-geun / produced by History DNC, JTBC Studio) revealed the appearance of Lee Hak-joo, who plays the role of reporter Han Dong-min.

Hak-Joo Lee plays the role of Dong-Min Han, a reporter for the JBC news agency. He is a character who grew up in a harmonious family and has lived a flat life without major ups and downs in his life. His driving force is the belief that dreams come true as he puts his efforts and sincerity in dreaming of a better world in which everyone lives. He is so sensitive to the injustice and injustice of the world that he feels guilty when he sees those who have been unilaterally disqualified from society.

In particular, anchor Jung Jun-hyeok (Kim Kang-woo) and Han Dong-min (Lee Hak-joo), who are seniors and juniors, believe in and respect senior Jung Jun-hyeok to the point of respect. However, Jung Jun-hyeok and the world he has been in is maintained through the sacrifice of someone hungry for desire, so it is a question of whether Han Dong-min will have the confidence to not bend his faith even in a storm.

Even in the published photos, you can get a glimpse of Han Dong-min, who is full of good passion and energy. His attitude to listen carefully to his opponent and his unwavering concentration in his eyes show the charm of reporter Han Dong-min. The simple and modest outfit and the warm smile also exudes a different feeling from those who are obsessed with desire and inferiority.

Accordingly, expectations are rising for Lee Hak-joo, who will complete the world of 'peacock city' with Soo-ae (Yoon Jae-hee), Kim Kang-woo (Jung Jun-hyuk), and Lee Yi-dam (Kim I-seol).

https://www.fnnews.com/news/202111231057409002

• Like 2