[Drama 2021/2022] Duke City/Artificial City, 공작도시

larus

Watch: Soo Ae And Lee Yi Dam Keep Things Light While Filming Difficult Begging Scene In “Artificial City”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 31, 2022
by C. Hong

JTBC released a behind-the-scenes video from episode 15 of “Artificial City”!

“Artificial City” is a mystery thriller set against the backdrop of an art museum that belongs to Sung Jin Group, a major conglomerate that holds the reins of political and financial power in South Korea. The drama is about the greed and ambitions of women who strive to reach the highest position in the nation.

The drama centers around Yoon Jae Hee (Soo Ae)’s ruthless ambitions to make her husband (Kim Kang Woo) the president and her conflicts with the various men and women around Sung Jin Group who are also seeking power for reasons of their own. A central relationship is between Yoon Jae Hee and Lee Seol (Lee Yi Dam), whose lives are enmeshed in a tangled web of secrets, deceit, and ambition.

The behind-the-scenes video focuses on a scene in episode 15 when Yoon Jae Hee goes down on her knees to beg Lee Seol to vanish from her life. Lee Seol just tells her to wait before leaving the room. The two actresses lightly practice their lines with the director, who gets absorbed in the scene even when they’re just running over their lines. As they wait for proper rehearsals to start, Soo Ae and Lee Yi Dam joke around and laugh behind-the-scenes. Despite cracking up a few times, the actresses quickly immerse themselves into the emotion and tension of the scene.

After the rehearsal, Soo Ae and Lee Yi Dam continue to discuss their facial expressions and various details as the filming prepares to begin. Soo Ae even debates the precise detail about whether she should sweep back her hair or let it be to add to the emotion. With all the work that’s been put in, the actresses give a flawless performance, with Soo Ae showing real tears to her eyes as she begs the other woman to get out of her life. As soon as the director yells cut, Lee Yi Dam gives her a hug and a staff member brings her a Kleenex.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1510951wpp/watch-soo-ae-and-lee-yi-dam-keep-things-light-while-filming-difficult-begging-scene-in-artificial-city

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why JaeHee becoming weak and not as clever? Because she is in love with her husband? What a pity. She's supposed to be good at her job and cannot solve the fake painting accusations had to have YiSoel comes to the rescue? Please wise up. You sacrificed so much of your life already,  don't make it comes to nothing at the end.

So JaeHee and YiSoel a team now? Can't wait

“Artificial City” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet Ahead Of Final Week

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 4, 2022
by E. Cha

JTBC’s “Artificial City” is heading into its final week on an all-time high!

On February 2, the mystery thriller starring Soo Ae and Kim Kang Woo achieved its highest viewership ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the 18th episode of “Artificial City” earned an average nationwide rating of 4.5 percent, marking a new personal record for the drama.

Set against the backdrop of an art museum that belongs to a major South Korean conglomerate, “Artificial City” is about the greed and ambition of those who strive to reach the highest echelons of society.

The final two episodes of “Artificial City” will air on February 9 and 10 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1511325wpp/artificial-city-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-ahead-of-final-week

• Like 1

Watch: Lee Yi Dam And Soo Ae Are In Awe Of The Stunt Double’s Daring Feat In “Artificial City”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 6, 2022
by S. P

JTBC released a behind-the-scenes look at a tragic scene in “Artificial City”!

“Artificial City” is a mystery thriller set against the backdrop of an art museum that belongs to Sung Jin Group, a major conglomerate that holds the reins of political and financial power in South Korea. The drama is about the greed and ambitions of women who strive to reach the highest position in the nation.

The drama centers around Yoon Jae Hee (Soo Ae)’s ruthless ambitions to make her husband (Kim Kang Woo) the president and her conflicts with the various men and women around Sung Jin Group who are also seeking power for reasons of their own. A central relationship is between Yoon Jae Hee and Lee Seol (Lee Yi Dam), whose lives are enmeshed in a tangled web of secrets, deceit, and ambition.

Spoilers

The behind-the-scenes video follows Lee Yi Dam as she films her character’s tragic death scene in episode 17, and Soo Ae as she works on her emotional reaction to the event. The pair of actresses stand together with Lee Gyu Hyun at the beginning of the clip, watching Lee Yi Dam’s stunt double take on the deadly fall.

Soo Ae in particular looks astonished and worried as the stunt double performs the feat, while Lee Yi Dam comments with an air of sadness, “Our drama is so…” When her stunt double finally falls, Lee Yi Dam lets out a deep sigh as she mutters, “She’s finally dying,” which sends the other two actors into restrained laughter.

It’s then Lee Yi Dam’s turn to wrap up the scene, and she gets ready by laying on top of the car while staff apply fake blood and dirt to her face and clothes. One staff members succeeds in making Lee Yi Dam laugh when she jokes, “It’s time to shampoo your hair, please put your head down.” While they apply the finishing touches, Lee Yi Dam starts bidding farewell as she says, “Goodbye everyone, I was so grateful for everything.”

Lee-Yi-Dam-Soo-Ae.jpg

In the final part of the video, Soo Ae practices her shocked expression when she hears the crash. Unsatisfied with the first take, she explains that her voice still isn’t warmed up yet. On her next take, Soo Ae takes her time building up her emotional response through her widened eyes and frozen hands. At the end of the scene, Lee Gyu Hyun succeeds at rushing in to urgently drag her away.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1511635wpp/watch-lee-yi-dam-and-soo-ae-are-in-awe-of-the-stunt-doubles-daring-feat-in-artificial-city

• Thanks 1

Watch: Soo Ae, Kim Kang Woo, And Seo Woo Jin Display Great Chemistry While Filming Difficult Funeral Scene For “Artificial City”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 6, 2022
by J. Ahn

JTBC has released a behind-the-scenes look at Kim Yi Seol (Lee Yi Dam)’s funeral scene in “Artificial City”!

The drama centers around the ruthless Yoon Jae Hee (Soo Ae)’s ambitions to make her husband (Kim Kang Woo) the president, as well as her conflicts with the various men and women around Sung Jin Group who are also seeking power for reasons of their own. A central relationship is between Yoon Jae Hee and Kim Yi Seol (Lee Yi Dam), whose lives are enmeshed in a tangled web of secrets, deceit, and ambition.

The behind-the-scenes video focuses on a scene in Episode 17 when Yoon Jae Hee, Jung Joon Hyuk (Kim Kang Woo), and their son Jung Hyun Woo (Seo Woo Jin) attend Kim Yi Seol’s funeral. Kim Kang Woo adorably keeps things light with Seo Woo Jin before filming the emotionally intense scene. Soo Ae then rehearses her lines with Seo Woo Jin as the director gives Seo Woo Jin directions for where to look during the scene.

As soon as they start filming, all three actors immerse themselves in the story and finish the scene with ease, and the director gives them the “okay” right away.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1511710wpp/watch-soo-ae-kim-kang-woo-and-seo-woo-jin-display-great-chemistry-while-filming-difficult-funeral-scene-for-artificial-city

• Thanks 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021/2022] Duke City/Artificial City, 공작도시

하진 (HAJIN) - Alone- Artificial City OST part 3

Spoiler

YELO (옐로) - The Real Life :: 공작도시 OST Part.2 Artificial City Original Sound Track Part.2

일레인Elaine - Let Me Be There :: 공작도시 OST Part.1 Artificial City Original Sound Track Part.1

• Love 1

'Peacock City' Lee Chung-joo "Acting while referring to 'Hourglass' Lee Jung-jae" (interview)

58026805-ed94-41d5-a3be-e12ec909757e.jpg

Actor Lee Chung-ju stood in front of the camera, not the stage. His challenge remained as a cornerstone for moving to the next level.

On the 9th, Lee Chung-ju shared his thoughts on the end of JTBC's 'Peacock City' through a video interview with this magazine. The work is an unconventional mystery thriller drama about women's desire to rise to the highest position in Korea against the backdrop of the Seongjin Group's art museum, which shakes the political and financial world of Korea.

In the drama, Lee Chung-joo took on the role of Park Jeong-ho, a strong ally of her ex-lover Soo-ae and prosecutor of the Central District Prosecutors' Office. He is a person who exists like a shadow to protect Jae-hee (Soo-ae) who is shaking precariously, taking any risks that may come before him, and is a person who claims to be a helper.

Lee Chung-ju has successfully finished his first drama debut, 'The Peacock City', and is meeting the audience again with a musical. He showed an impeccable performance based on his acting skills that he had gradually built up on stage.

Lee Chung-ju, who recently caused many fans' pity due to the recent corona 19 confirmation, first told about his health. He said, "He is currently healthy. Thanks to the fans' interest and concern, he has recovered well. After being released from quarantine, he is active outside."

Lee Chung-joo, who took the first step with her first drama, said, "It's an honor to be with 'Duke City'. It was a scene I was grateful for. Mechanism was different from that. While monitoring, I cringed at myself. I am very ashamed. I want to give meaning to taking the first step.”

22e60c4f-cebf-4067-9877-ac1e2a83cd6b.jpg

Due to the character setting in the play, as an actor, I had to hide my emotions as much as possible and express them. The character Park Jung-ho came to Lee Chung-ju as a difficult task. In fact, Lee Chung-joo, who mentioned that it was very difficult, said, "There are not many lines, but I had to show all my emotions. It was homework and a challenge for me," but "I felt the honesty of the character was great apart from other aspects. I couldn't approach it with 'What if it were me' It was like a long-legged uncle."

This is the reason why I had no choice but to get help from a reference in approaching the character. According to the director's advice, Lee Chung-ju completed the character by himself, referring to Lee Jung-jae in 'Hourglass'. It's an honor to be able to act with Soo Ae, thank you in person In addition, Lee Chung-ju spent more time with Soo-ae than other actors. About this, Lee Chung-ju said, "It was special and honorable. Soo-ae sunbaenim created an atmosphere so that I could unravel all the scenes. I said directly that I was grateful to be able to continue acting with Soo-ae sunbaenim."

Kim Kang-woo, who worked with him, also warmly led Lee Chung-ju, who first started acting in dramas. It is said that while explaining in detail technical aspects such as gaze and direction, he taught me a mechanism that was unknown in the performance. The advice of such good seniors was a great strength to Lee Chung-ju. In fact, Lee Chung-ju is an actor who has already risen to the leading role in the performance industry with his bold acting. He has been greatly loved in musical masterpieces such as 'Dracula', 'Something Rotten' and 'King Arthur'. As a result, Lee Chung-ju received a 'passing score' in drama acting, leading to expectations that he would become an actor who travels between the stage and the media like Jo Seung-seok and Jo Seung-woo.

Lee Chung-ju said, "I tried to focus on the drama for 10 months. I thought that doing both at the same time would physically exhaust me and break my concentration. Fortunately, I had a long time to focus on filming the drama. Both musicals and dramas were synergistic without being disturbed. I was able to get it,” he recalled.

The differences were also clear. Lee Chung-joo said, "The two performances are technically different. In musicals, there are many parts that have to be expressed outwardly, and in dramas, they are opposite. There were strangely mixed parts. Even though they were all the same acting, it was refreshing and there was synergy."

What I felt while working on the two works together was the expansion of my acting skills and perspective. He said, "I used to only do musicals, but when I do dramas, my acting has become wider. I think I will be able to show a different side of me while filming a drama in the future. The breadth and depth of each other's acting helped me."

Lee Chung-ju, who said, "It felt like my hair was being pulled out before the first filming," expressed a deep sense of pressure. In fact, the unexpected reply came back that he was under a lot of stress before entering all the works. Lee Chung-joo said, "I lose weight every time I work. I feel a lot of pressure on the stage and drama I'm currently doing. I can only be liberated after building a character." Comments saying that he looks like Joo Ji-hoon are impressive, I feel attracted to drama acting

fc24d661-acf0-4609-8fc8-75e996c82f92.jpg

As this is the first drama, you must have been curious about the public's reaction. Lee Chung-joo said, "I don't usually look for it, but I watched real-time comments with my heart pounding. Among them, I heard that he resembled Joo Ji-hoon and thought that he succeeded. It's embarrassing." "The drama is very attractive. I played a role in living in this era. It was really fun and fresh."

The good evaluation led to motivation for the next work. Lee Chung-joo said, "Of course, my greed for acting in the media has grown. I want to try a villain with a vicious yet thick line and impact. I also want to try a casual  role." "If you call me, I will do any work. to do it,” he expressed his ambition.

• Like 1

The last episode of 'Duke City' today (10th)... Soo-ae, the prosecution's voluntary appearance

image_readtop_2022_124609_16444689314942

In the final episode of the JTBC drama 'The Peacock City' (Screenwriter Se-dong Son / Director Jeon Chang-geun / Produced by Hi Story D&C, JTBC Studio), Yoon Jae-hee (Soo-ae) takes her final blow to break down her high and strong castle called Seo Han-sook (Kim Mi-sook). add

Yoon Jae-hee, who was awakened by the death of Kim Yi-seol (Lee Yi-dam), not only exposed that Kim Yi-seol's death was a murder, not a suicide, but also appeared voluntarily to the prosecution to learn about what she had done, her husband Jung Jun-hyeok (Kim Kang-woo) and her mother-in-law. Seo Han-sook confessed all the crimes she committed. Without giving in to the great wall of the Seongjin family, Yoon Jae-hee gathered her personal connections, including Kim Lee-seol's friend Park Yong-seop (Lee Kyu-hyun) and Prosecutor General Jo Kang-hyeon (Jung Hae-kyun), and revealed the secrets of the Seongjin family to the public.

It seemed that Yoon Jae-hee's efforts were not in vain, but rather, Yoon Jae-hee's handcuffs were revealed, making the end of this revenge even more curious.

Park Jung-ho always took risks and quietly carried out and helped Yoon Jae-hee's plan. Moreover, she adds curiosity to her inner story, where Yoon Jae-hee had no choice but to handcuff her wrists because she was a genuinely worried person when she was in her predicament.

On the other hand, Yoon Jae-hee, while her museum staff including Joo-yeon Lee (played by Kim Ji-hyeon) are watching, she is being carried away with her face erased even though she is handcuffed, and she is attracting attention as well.

Expectations are rising in today's broadcast, which reveals what Park Jung-ho had to handcuff her to Yoon Jae-hee, and what it means for Yoon Jae-hee, who maintains her detachment even in the extreme situation of having to handcuff her.

The final episode of JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Peacock City', which can confirm Soo Ae's blow towards Seongjinga, will be broadcast at 10:30 pm on the 10th.

(Google translation)

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2022/02/124609/

• Thanks 1

3 Unforgettable Moments From “Artificial City” That Shocked Viewers

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 10, 2022
by E. D

As the final episode of “Artificial City” approaches, there have been many ups and downs. Looking back on previous episodes, there are many moments that struck viewers.

“Artificial City” is a mystery thriller set against the backdrop of an art museum that belongs to Sung Jin Group, a major conglomerate that holds the reins of the political and financial spheres of South Korea. The drama is about the greed and ambitions of women who strive to reach the highest position in the nation.

Here are three unforgettable moments from the show:

Spoilers

Episode 2: Yoon Jae Hee – “Everything. All of your things, mother-in-law.”

Yoon Jae Hee (Soo Ae) had to endure Seo Han Sook’s (Kim Mi Sook) humiliating words: she was only able to enter Sung Jin Group because her husband Jung Joon Hyuk (Kim Kang Woo) was born out of wedlock. Yoon Jae Hee had an ideal, and in order to fulfill this ideal, she needed to use the Sung Jin Group as a stepping stone to absolute power.

From the beginning, Seo Han Sook treated Yoon Jae Hee as a stranger and simply regarded her as a useful item. She had no intention of including her in their world, let alone in their family. However, Yoon Jae Hee was not satisfied with her position and used her friendship with former district prosecutor Cho Kang Hyun’s (Jeong Hae Kyun)’s wife, Kwon Min Sun (Baek Ji Won), to make a deal regarding the arrest of Seo Han Sook’s son and weak spot, President Jung Joon Il (Kim Young Jae).

At this time, Yoon Jae Hee said, “Everything. All of your things, mother-in-law,” showing her desire to take everything from Seo Han Sook. This moment suggests the fierce power struggle that will ensue between Yoon Jae Hee and Seo Han Sook going forward.

211208_Artificial-City_Stills1_163910945

Episode 13: Seo Han Sook – “Why did you start acting as you please without my permission?”

After going through a series of events, the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law, who seemed to have a friendly alliance on the surface, came into conflict again after Yoon Jae Hee attempted to be more self-reliant. At the same time, the eldest daughter-in-law of the house, Lee Ju Yeon (Kim Ji Hyun), and Representative Min Sung Shik (Park Ji Il) made a plan to work together to drive Yoon Jae Hee from the house.

Despite being on the same side, Yoon Jae Hee could not trust Seo Han Sook. Suspecting that she was behind Lee Ju Yeon’s scheme against her, she decided to take her own path. When her husband Jung Joon Hyuk’s image as a presidential candidate was destroyed due to an old disaster in the neighborhood of Hyeonsan, she made herself appear the victim of a terrorist attack. Seo Han Sook issued a strong warning to Yoon Jae Hee, who had acted without her permission, by kidnapping and abandoning Kim Yi Seol (Lee Yi Dam) in front of her house, angrily demanding, “Why did you start acting as you please without my permission?”

211228_Artificial-City_Stills-7_16409149

Episode 18: Yoon Jae Hee – “Scumbag.”

Yoon Jae Hee’s mental state was shattered by the truth about her husband Jung Joon Hyuk, which she wanted to turn a blind eye to, and the discovery that Kim Yi Seol’s death was disguised as a suicide. Yoon Jae Hee decided to take revenge against the Sung Jin Group on behalf of Kim Yi Seol, no longer able to watch the despicable deeds done by the group. However, Seo Han Sook was a step ahead of her, confessing that she had instigated Kim Yi Seol’s death, and threatening that if Yoon Jae Hee disobeyed her, everything would be destroyed.

Trapped in her situation, Yoon Jae Hee watched listlessly as her husband reignited his affair. But her spirit was reignited due to mementoes of Kim Yi Seol. Although these mementoes contain the fear Kim Yi Seol felt seven years ago, Yoon Jae Hee was also moved by her courage in attempting to survive until the end. She spat out the word “Scumbag” at Seo Han Sook, which she never would have dared before, and said, “I’m going to endure it. I’m going to endure this fear and terror by cursing and mocking you, mother-in-law,” declaring her intention to keep fighting.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1512279wpp/3-unforgettable-moments-from-artificial-city-that-shocked-viewers

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

final episode, it's really sad for FL, all these men are horrible in the drama, but at the same time, it's quite realistic, fighting against the power is not easy, I just wish that she be at least with her son the only person she loves

• Like 2

“Artificial City” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Entire Run

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 11, 2022
by E. Cha

JTBC’s “Artificial City” went out on a high note!

On February 11, the mystery thriller starring Soo Ae and Kim Kang Woo achieved its highest viewership ratings yet for its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Artificial City” scored an average nationwide rating of 4.7 percent, marking an all-time high for the drama.

Set against the backdrop of an art museum that belongs to a major South Korean conglomerate, “Artificial City” is a drama about the greed and ambition of those who strive to reach the highest echelons of society.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1512466wpp/artificial-city-ends-on-highest-ratings-of-its-entire-run

• Like 3

Everyone is making use of one or other to stomp down the other
One make use of the powerful to raise up the social rank
Another make use of the weakness of one to get what is wanted
Yet there is one who easily succumb to power and chose to close one eye to truth 
Innocent ones are taken advantage off then get rid off without a blink of the eye
Just when one thinks that person is the worst...out from another corner pop up a much worst person

As I watch this series...I had to tell myself..."it's a drama series. yet back of the mind cannot help to relate how true the actions in the drama can also be seen in the real world"

Back to Drama World of Artificial City...
I see Jung Joon-Hyeok "Playing Around" to get attn which he does not get from his step-mother and his father. Seems his wife Yoon Jae-Hee "loves" him but does not show...instead she shows him her greed for power and aim to get him to the Presidential Level through whatever ways she can to achieve that. Initially I blame JJHyeok for playing Kim Yi-Seol and not to remember her at all and later greed to want her.  Then came to realise JJHyeok with Kim Yi-Seol 7 years ago was something probably arranged by Seo Han-Sook thru Go Sun-Mi who manage the Lounge that JJHyeok goes to. 

Seo Han-Sook uses Go Sun-Mi to destroy those who distain, disobey her or off no use to her plans.  Cannot quite understand why Go Sun-Mi lets SeoHS to dictate her. For a moment I was thinking "Could Go Sun-Mi be the real Boss and Seo Han-Sook used to be the maid who takes care of Go Sun-Mi and now reverse the role to hide something hideous?"

Who is the one real person here who do not kill, destroy?  I find OhYR a interesting person...she seems like an innocent girl craving for attn and wanting JoKH to legally marry her so her son will be legitimate. JoKH is so happy whenever YJae-Hee approach her or reach out to her.  I tag JoKH to be the good real person here. Sorry YJae-Hee do not fit in that as she has been using others to get what she wants and does not blink an eye even though she feels and wanting to fight for KYS that was a bit too late.  Even as YJHee decides to change and fight for the good and get away from SHS...i would say...a bit too late...too many has been hurt, destroyed, or plain dead.

Everyone seems to be under the Thumb of SHS unknowingly. 
I am just at Ep 19 and really holding on my seat and not reaching out to plain smack SHS.  

The title "Artificial City" really befits the series to the "T"
Everyone is has a artificial mirror they looks into and a artificial mirror they carries around

Kudos to all who watches this series.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm...I like this drama but I do not like the ending.....It seemed that despite her cleverness, she was not able to overcome the tremendous power of her MIL....  sad and tragic..

Is there a Season 2?   I hope she can become stronger and strike back all the evil...

The evilness in this drama is really a terror... this drama gave me the chill more than Penthouse.   While watching Ep20 , I really could not predict the ending....I was wondering how the writer could turn the situation around...but apparently could not, just ended in a resigned state of matter.....ie..give up.     And I really DESPISE that Han Dong-Min journalist.   He is really a cockcroach!  :angry:

Please...... I need a season 2 to turn things around....how can Mdm Seo get away with all the murders she committed? :crybaby:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I

20 hours ago, K-dramafan22 said:

Hmm...I like this drama but I do not like the ending.....It seemed that despite her cleverness, she was not able to overcome the tremendous power of her MIL....  sad and tragic..

Is there a Season 2?   I hope she can become stronger and strike back all the evil...

The evilness in this drama is really a terror... this drama gave me the chill more than Penthouse.   While watching Ep20 , I really could not predict the ending....I was wondering how the writer could turn the situation around...but apparently could not, just ended in a resigned state of matter.....ie..give up.     And I really DESPISE that Han Dong-Min journalist.   He is really a cockcroach!  :angry:

Please...... I need a season 2 to turn things around....how can Mdm Seo get away with all the murders she committed? :crybaby:

Me too I hate that the ending was realistic. We need justice to be served at least in drama if not in real life. Was hoping Dong Min idiot would have an ounce of regret in him but no.....

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 2/17/2022 at 8:19 AM, Photo Photo said:

I

Me too I hate that the ending was realistic. We need justice to be served at least in drama if not in real life. Was hoping Dong Min idiot would have an ounce of regret in him but no.....

Yes!!   Exactly....my hope was in that Han Dong Min too...thought he would do something....in the end....he ended up as another sickening person.    I think it is important that the drama shows a season 2 on how all the corrupted people who hid the issues can be arrested as well as the murderer who committed the 3 murders.   It's just unsettling to leave things in this manner...................  I still get the chills down my spine....

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

• 2 months later...