[Drama 2021/2022] Duke City/Artificial City, 공작도시

larus

JTBC 'Peacock City' Soo Ae's beauty note

92939_68412_1244.jpg

http://woman.chosun.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=92939

110935074.1.jpg

As such, the 6th episode of 'Duke City' draws the unstoppable steps of Yoon Jae-hee, who uses her wealth to go to a higher place, foretelling another danger lurking in front of her, holding her viewers breathless.

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20211224/110935075/1

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

Oh man...Did Jae Hee just admit to Joon Hyuk that Hyun Woo is not his son? And what lead Joon Hyuk to do DNA testing? The sister-in-law? How did she figure it out? Just by a picture of JH and Prosecutor Jong Ho kissing and hearing from the doctor that JH got pregnant after she stopped in-vitro? Or did she send the picture and message to Joon Hyuk because she was angry at what JH said to her? I wonder how JH convinced Jung Ho to allow her to raise their son herself. Sorry for all the questions. Just watched the raw and had some thoughts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elmaas said:

Just a quick question, why does it take so long to sub this show? I've tried watching it on viki, but they release the episodes a few days after it aired which is so weird. 

I would bet it’s a licensing deal. The episodes are available full subbed on Mon-Tue after air. They may have rights to air 5 days later.

• Like 2

Just watched episode 8. So....Jae Hee was never pregnant and Hyun Woo was adopted? From the looks of it, seems like JH was wearing a fake pregnancy stomach then went and held a baby. If she did, I don't know how she could had faked it without them knowing. The DNA results that Joon Hyuk had shows that he is the father of Hyun Woo. Did someone fake the results? The best thing that happened was the arrest of the dirty old man! I'm just waiting on Prosecutor Jong Ho to strike at a opportune time and take them all down (except JH of course). I realized that JH and Prosecutor JH are only 100% honest with each other and have that trust (as in they will do anything to not purposely hurt each other). I think I just need to wait for subs to understand more.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@Kehinde I stlll haven't seen ep 7 and 8 but if that's th case. Ep 6 ends with the flashback when doc says she's not pregnant.. and she cannot try anymore as she had miscarriage quite a few times already. She married Joon Hyuk even if he was not  a real sunjin son.. well he was adopted. So if Hyun Woo was  not her real son.... well I gotta watch 7&8  sub first. 

But the end goal of Jae Hee is for Hyun woo to get shares, be the art chairwoman, and be the top of the Sunjin group. She will do whatever is necessary  to hold on to Sungjin power and eventually be the First lady. You know as Jae Hee  she wants to be the first lady who everyone will bow to and repect.. In ep one, you know she was interviewed.. like if Jae Hee becomes the first what's the first thing she'll do.. She's gonna get rid of all the corrupts. Respect her!. She's the one with power.

She's protecting Joon Hyuk not the marriage.. she wants that Sunjin power!

After One Ordinary Day... this is what I'm currently liking. Even though the makjang screams but nvm I like this kind of revenge power and ambition. Classy Soo Ae is here as Jae Hee.

Soo Ae is the queen!  and I love the queen of ambitition is back. She's classy in this drama and her style is so smart. Her choices clothes for this drama is perfectly classy.  In almost all episodes.. I keep  checking what she's gonna wear. Even the heels. 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@jongskiGreat post! Yeah I was just going by what I saw. Watching with subs should make it more clearer. But I love Jae Hee and I hope she actually succeeds! I love any thriller with Soo Ae! I really should look at the tag on Twitter just to see everyone else opinions.

• Like 3

Yes! I love that about her too! I'm starting to love the MIL and I love she that pushes back with FIL cause he's the worse.

I just finished watching EP.7 with subs! I love that Jae Hee is willing to let Jung Ho off the hook so he doesn't get caught in the crossfire. She even mentioned that he was only involved because she wanted someone to confide in. She obviously still loves him if she kept their ring and has offered him 3 times to quit if he wants to. She wants to protect him not hurt him. So I'm a little confused about the reason she said she left Jung Ho. Was it because he needs to protect his family since he is the oldest and wanted him to focus on his family more or was he spending too much time with his family? Jae Hee compared him to her dad and I'm guessing that she doesn't want him to go down the same path as her father and get his life ruined by her. She even mentioned that he probably already despises her with what happened to Hyun Woo. So is he the father or no? I want him to be.

Joon Hyuk really is something else if he thinks that ring is about him :joy: They got married for power and he keeps cheating on her. Prosecutor Cho was talking to Joon Hyuk about Jae Hee and was talking down about her and Jung Ho came to her defense. Cho mentioned that even tho Jung Ho is Jae Hee's ex, he should not do that in front of the husband. Well in my opinion, the husband should had defended the wife. After using Jung Ho's pen and seeing his name on it, I'm guessing he put 2 and 2 together and even after the SIL sent him the picture of JH and JH kissing and mentioned that he may need to get a DNA test down, Joon Hyuk should now know that JH is Jung Ho. And of course FIL knows that Joon Hyuk did a DNA test. So was it him that changed the DNA results or someone else? 

Imma need Team JH to take all them down!!!

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

17 minutes ago, Kehinde said:

She even mentioned that he probably already despises her with what happened to Hyun Woo. So is he the father or no? I want him to be.

@Kehinde   you're not alone with that thought. From the start I was thinking he's the real father.  Though Hyun Woo has a good relationship with Joon Hyuk. When it comes to being a father, he's good and can see the love he has for Hyun Woo. I'd feel bad for Joon Hyuk  the father aspect if he were to find out he's not the bio dad!

BUT.. as man...creepers! Jun Hyukthe ultimate flirt and cheater as in...with the violine teacher and now now even without shame.. he flirts with Yiseol. Jae Hee knows exactly how her husband is but he needs to protect him.. to protect her ambition and the power she wants

Kim Kang Woo is bit tamer ( boring?) in this type character and I want to see him more with some edge. He's a darn good actor and want to see a bit more passion or emotion.. instead of just womanizer and cheater husband character.  Maybe once his character gets that office of civil affairs position.. or if he find out hyun woo is not his... we'll see more of that edge. 

Soo aee is as always terrific. I'll be honest I am watching this drama more for her. But same time, I also like the drama. Unlike other revenge dramas, this one is not annoying and there's no shouting..err.. just cheating. :crazy:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jongski said:

BUT.. as man...creepers! Jun Hyukthe ultimate flirt and cheater as in...with the violine teacher and now now even without shame.. he flirts with Yiseol. Jae Hee knows exactly how her husband is but he needs to protect him.. to protect her ambition and the power she wants

I know what you mean. He's a great father to Hyun Woo but is a terrible husband to Jae Hee. I would say I'm conflicted because if word comes out that Joon Hyuk is not the father, then Hyun Woo would be affected the most since that's the only father he has known. Hyun Woo is so adorable :love:

The only reason she tolerates his behavior is because her only goal is to make it to the top like you said. And she can't do that without him. I don't get how he thinks she doesn't know about all his cheating LOL Jae Hee is smart. She figured out it was the violin teacher by her knowing where Joon Hyuk at that certain time, something he didn't discuss with his own wife. Joon Hyuk better watch out cause once Jae Hee gets her power and don't need him anymore, he is gone!!! LOL

• Like 3

In case there's confusion.  Jun Hyuk is not the biological son of the chairwoman. Hyun Woo  not the biological son of Jun Hyuk. The father and son are both... Sungjin.. in name.  Jae Hee married (aimed?) for Joon Hyuk. .. despite knowing Jun Hyuk was just the adopted son. It's the doorstep to power. She's smart.. so she made sure Hyun Woo got shares and she bcomes the art space scneter chairwoman. She's going to make her husband the President. After all, she's actually the one that has the smarts, the capability and the guts to make it happen. Questions.. the real motivation for such.

So the questio now is.. who is Hyun Woo's bio dad?  Or did she adopt her son? I have this theory about the brother in law (the real son of the chairwoman) after al this drama is makjang...so it's possible. But it can also be  Jung Ho. Jae Hee's first love.. and only love, I suppose.

She classy and smart with her style. I guess we also have to thank the stylist but man...

Can Soo Ae be the first lady of Korea?!    Okay.. Jae Hee character. First Lady of Korea.

FIYB7bRVkAMD1nb?format=jpg&name=360x360

First Lady can be fashonable too, right? Think Jackie O.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

I am loving Soo Ae's outfits and Soo Ae!

Things are moving along in the story in episode 10. Prosecutor Jung Ho figured out Yi Seol was the roommate of the woman that they made look like a suicide. Well, that's what I'm assuming by him seeing the ring on her finger in a past picture from a website. The ring is also part of the evidence he has in a bag. Seems like he confronts her in the next episode. So a cuff link is missing that Joon Hyuk had, the par that Jae Hee gave to him before she got the bad news from the doctor that she was not pregnant. And YS has the other cuff link. So it seems that Joon Hyuk did something to YS in the flashback when a group of them went to a place (don't know if it was the club or a house) and someone brought a drugged (?) YS to Joon Hyuk. Is YS trying to get revenge for what Joon Hyuk did to her? Maybe. Cause Joon Hyuk told YS to go to the auditorium in the art center and he got real close to her and even tried to kiss her about 3 times. What a disgusting man! And YS revealed something to Joon Hyuk that made him pause and JH was in shock behind the curtain. YS also has a scar on her belly. I find it anticlimactic that Hyun Woo is adopted and neither Joon Hyuk or Jae Hee is the biological parent. It would had been more dramatic if Jung Ho was the actual father and JH gave birth. I don't see how they would not know that she wasn't pregnant even if she moved back home to where her dad lived. But the most shocking part, which is a great thing, Jung Ho seems to have some confidence. He doesn't just sit there. He seems to have some energy to him now. I'm excited about this. And I love that him and JH are meeting in a coffee shop and are just having a conversation. Guess it really doesn't matter who seems them. JH will never do that with Joon Hyuk.

I do have to say...JH and MIL seem to be getting closer everytime they appear on screen. MIL knows JH will do more for the company than either son. I'm hoping JH can make it to the top without Joon Hyuk. I can't stand to see JH with such a loser husband.

• Like 3

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

I'm liking this drama more and I think SooAe is getting better each episode. I like her strong character and not afraid to talk back to that professor and got him arrested too. Good job.

I'm liking prosecutor assistant Jeong Ho and JaeHee relationship too. I hope he stays truthful with her till the end.

I'm varied about Yi Soel . I wonder if she will change later on . For now she seems to be same side as JaeHee.

Could MIL has changed to liken JaeHee after the shooting incident? Looks that way but who knows.

The husband has displayed so far as trash. But maybe he's more than that?

Don't know how she's gonna make him into a President with his resume like that. She's got a lot of work to do :D

• Like 4

Just watched episodes 9 and 10 with subs. So...to my understanding, Yi-Seol got pregnant by Joon Hyuk, made it seem like a stillbirth and gave the child up for adopting. This all happened about 7 years. And how old is Hyun Woo? It seems like Hyun Woo is indeed Joon Hyuk's child but with Yi Seol. Jae Hee is a smart one, seems like she figured out HW was YS after she confessed to giving birth. She still doesn't know that she is the roommate of the woman that got killed. Prosecutor Jung Ho seemed to had figured it out though. Now let's talk about that ending. Joon Hyuk is confessing to YS that he wants her and YS asked him if he will divorce his wife. He questioned if that is what she wants and JH hears all of this. Earlier in the the episode, YS questioned why JH is with Joon Hyuk. JH tells her that if its a guilty love, she loves him very much and that she can never leave him, he has to leave her. So it seems like YS is setting up so Joon Hyuk leaves JH. YS and JH have became closer and JH truly seems to be YS' mentor. She even told YS to stay by her side. Seems like JH is gaining another friend and is protective of YS. YS knows Joon Hyuk is a trash person and is trying to protect JH. Happy to see Jae Hee have 2 people on her side. :love:

• Like 2