[Drama 2021/2022] Duke City/Artificial City, 공작도시

larus

2021 JTBC DRAMA

DUKE CITY

soo-ae-artificial-city.jpeg

Drama: Duke City/“Gong Jak City” (literal title)/Artificial City (English title)

Hangul: 공작도시

Genre: mystery, psychological thriller  

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 20

Director: Jeon Chang-geun (Mystic Pop-up Bar, What Happens to My Family?)

Writer: Sun Se-dong (My Lawyer, Mr. Joe 2: Crime and Punishment )

Release Date: December 8, 2021 -February 10, 2022

Runtime: Wednesday & Thursday (following drama Reflection of You

Production Company:History DNC, JTBC Studio

OST: part 1 일레인/Elaine - Let Me Be There

part 2 YELO (옐로) - The Real Life

part 3 하진 (HAJIN) - Alone

Official site:https://tv.jtbc.joins.com/artificialcity

Plot

It's a mystery psychological thriller that depicts people with various desires and psychology and their tangled relationships against the backdrop of a society that hides the dark side and is maintained through someone's sacrifice.

Cast

Soo Ae as Yoon Jae-hee

Kim Kang Woo as Jung Joon Hyuk

Kim Mi Sook as Seo Han-sook

Kim Young Jae as Jung Joon-il

Lee Yi Dam as Kim Yi-seol

Lee Choong Joo as Park Jung-ho

Lee Hak Joo as Han Dong-min

Seo Jae hee as Oh Ye-rin

Lee Kyu Hyun as Park Yong-seob

Kim Joo Ryung as Go Seon-mi

Kim Ji Hyun  as Lee Joo-yeon

Lee Seo-an as Jeong Eun-jeong

Jung Hee Tae as detective

Character chart

20211129_105717_3520.jpg

Character descriptions

202111250937424796_l.jpg

“I will make you president, I will be by your side”

Yoon Jae Hee (Soo Ae) is the head of the Sung Jin Cultural Foundation and in charge of operations at “Space Jin,” the art museum owned by Sung Jin Group. She is also the second daughter-in-law of the family that controls Sung Jin Group. Believing that poverty is corrosive to love and that a stable income leads to a steady life, she chose to throw away her long-time lover and entered into a marriage of convenience with Jung Joon Hyuk, an illegitimate son of Sung Jin Group. In order to make her husband the nation’s president, she teams up with the future Public Prosecutor General and goes to war against Sung Jin Group.

202111250937437945_l.jpg

"There are only two kinds of humans, those who desire and those who pretend that there is no desire."

Jung Joon Hyuk (Kim Kang Woo) is Yoon Jae Hee’s husband. Although he is a popular anchorman with his own fan club, he hides an inferiority complex over being labeled “the illegitimate son of Sung Jin Group” for his whole life. He laughs at both ambitious people and those who pretend to have no ambition even as he waits for the day when he can seize the reins of power.

202111250937448990_l.jpg

“Are you afraid that I will take everything from you?”

Posters

artificial-city-soo-ae.jpeg

optimize

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Soo Ae In Talks To Star In New Mystery Drama

392a06b610214fa282ddbef80d976f23.jpeg?s=

Dec 2, 2020
by C. Hong

On December 1, News1 reported that Soo Ae had been offered the lead role in the upcoming JTBC drama “Gong Jak City.”

“Gong Jak City” is a psychological mystery thriller about the tangled relationships between characters with various ambitions and desires in a society that hides its dark side. It is a drama that centers around female characters, and Soo Ae has been offered the lead role of Yoon Jae Hee.

On December 2, a source from Studio Santa Claus Entertainment, Soo Ae’s agency, stated, “She has received a casting offer from the drama.”

“Gong Jak City” will be directed by Jeon Chang Geun, who has worked on shows like “The Package” and “Mystic Pop-Up Bar.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1452413wpp/soo-ae-and-kim-kang-woo-confirmed-to-star-in-new-jtbc-drama

Kim Kang Woo Joins Soo Ae In Talks To Star In Mystery Drama

3b5e9bbe490d480a9a9e0209ec7b5932.jpeg?s=

Jan 6, 2021
by J. K

Kim Kang Woo is considering a role in the upcoming JTBC drama “Gong Jak City” (working title).

On January 6, it was reported by YTN that Kim Kang Woo has been offered the male lead role in the drama and is considering it. His agency King Entertainment later confirmed with Hankook Ilbo that he’s considering an offer to appear in the show.

It was reported in December that Soo Ae is also in talks for the psychological mystery thriller drama, which is about the tangled relationships between characters with various ambitions and desires in a society that hides its dark side.

“Gong Jak City” will be helmed by Director Jeon Chang Eun, whose filmography includes dramas such as “The Package” and “Mystic Pop-Up Bar.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1447317wpp/kim-kang-woo-joins-soo-ae-in-talks-to-star-in-mystery-drama

Su Ae and Kim Kang Woo Sign On for jTBC Thriller K-Drama Working City

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/01/07/su-ae-and-kim-kang-woo-sign-on-for-jtbc-thriller-k-drama-working-city/

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Duke City, 공작도시- Soo Ae & Kim Kang Woo- Premieres in second half 2021

Kim Kang-woo courted for JTBC drama with Su Ae

by tineybeanie

AC26D72A-EB15-4942-9447-41028794F866.jpe

Actor Kim Kang-woo (9.9 Billion Won Woman) is considering a return to the small screen as the male lead for JTBC’s Gong Jak City. It’s a mystery psychological thriller that has also been courting Su Ae (The Man Living in Our House) to be the female lead since last December.

Gong Jak City is to tell the story of a dark society that only survives through the sacrifices of a few, and hides its sinister side from most. Characters with different ambitions and psychologies from this society become entangled in a messy, tension-filled situation. In terms of casting, nothing is confirmed, but it’s been reported that Kim Kang-woo and Su Ae are both reviewing the script positively.

Kim Kang-woo really seems to be enjoying the thriller genre as this could be his second thriller drama in a row. In the meanwhile if you want to see Kim Kang-woo in something, his new movie It’s Before the New Year also premieres soon.

Written by Sohn Sae-dong and directed by PD Jeon Chang-geun (Mystic Pop-up Bar), Gong Jak City will begin filming as soon as casting is confirmed.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/kim-kang-woo-courted-for-jtbc-drama-with-su-ae/

February 4 2021

Soo-Ae & Kim Kang-Woo cast in JTBC drama “Duke City”

Duke_City-tp1.jpg

Soo-Ae and Kim Kang-Woo are cast for lead roles in JTBC drama series “Duke City” (literal title). Soo-Ae will play Yoon Jae-Hee. She is an ambitious woman and wants her husband to become the president. Kim Kang-Woo will play Jung Joon-Hyeok. He is married to Yoon Jae-Hee. Drama series will be directed by Jeon Chang-Geun (“Mystic Pop-up Bar“/”The Package“).

“Duke City” will air sometime during the second half of this year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Yoon Jae-Hee (Soo-Ae) is the second daughter-in-law of the chaebol family who runs the Sungjin Group. She works at art gallery Space Jin. In the past, she had a boyfriend she dated for years, but she dumped him to marry Jung Joon-Hyeok (Kim Kang-Woo). Jung Joon-Hyeok was born out of wedlock to the chaebol family.

Yoon Jae-Hee wants to make her husband the South Korean president. For that, she cooperates with the next public prosecutor general and she begins a war against her in-laws.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/soo-ae-kim-kang-woo-cast-in-jtbc-drama-duke-city

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Yes I'm a happy fan!   The leads! plus been waiting for  a new drama from her. 

And wow the genre. My favorite! psychological mystery thriller.  It's not  on OCN but I don't care.

Btw, I effing love her character from QoA. Like I totally undertood that character even if everyone hated it.

@larus Thanks much for this thread. :heartxoxo:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Duke City/Sabotage City, 공작도시- Soo Ae & Kim Kang Woo- Premieres in second half 2021
  • 1 month later...

Lee I-dam joins the lead role in'Duke City'.

71ce150c-44eb-40c3-b953-2addfa476ebc.jpg

Rookie Lee Yi Dam is with the lead role in the drama'Duke City'.

Lee Dam will show off his disassembled presence in the JTBC new drama "Duke City" as a docent Kim Lee-seol in the Sungjin Group Museum of Art "Space Jin" run by Yoon Jae-hee (Soo-ae).

'Duke City' is a mystery psychological thriller drama that contains a fierce desire to rise to the top of the art gallery of Sungjin Group, which shakes and shakes the political world of Korea.

Kim Lee-seol, who will be played by Lee Lee-dam in the play, is a character who has a desire to raise her status in her heart, so she is expected to unfold an extraordinary activity. In particular, it is expected that Lee I-dam's stable breathing of acting will capture the home theater, as it is expected to induce tension while maintaining a tight tension and Su ae, which can radiate calm charisma. Prior to the'Duke City', interest is focused on the performance of Lee I-Dam, who proved a stable acting basics through the films ``I want to hold a straw'' and ``Two Lights: Relumino.''

In particular, Lee I-Dam was spotlighted as the protagonist of the film'Lee Mae-mong', which was selected as the best student fantasy short section at the Indie X Film Festival held in Los Angeles, USA in May last year. In the play, she exudes her acting skills by flexibly expressing the complex emotions of the role of Mari, who lived under her blind father, who was blinded by the hunt for goblins. Lee-Dam, who has the same abilities as drawing paper, stimulates viewers' curiosity about how to color the character Kim Yi-seol in'Duke City' and infuse it with vitality and energy.

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2021032915100003282

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Versatile’ charm, Lee Chung-ju “I want to break down the boundaries of the genre little by little.

2021042701000818900049981.jpg

Actor and singer Lee Chung-ju is showing off her versatile charm.

Lee Chung-joo, who recently met with a burn, is working on a tight schedule that lacks the time to sleep, but his tiredness did not reflect on me. He is appearing in the musical "Great Comet" following the recently ended JTBC's "Phantom Singer All-Star".

Lee Chung-ju, who enjoys the joy of new work rather than fear of challenge, is also filming a drama. He took the role of a prosecutor in the JTBC drama'Duke City', which is scheduled to air this year. “It was a dream to appear in dramas and movies while living as a musical actor, and to expand the range of activities,” he said. “It is difficult, but it is a process of taking steps to make the dream come true. He said, “I want to become an actor who performs “long run” rather than hitting “big hit” in the first drama.”

https://www.idaegu.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=344743

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Casting news

Kim Ji Hyun confirmed cast for JTBC drama `Duke City`. She will act as Lee Joo-yeon who is the eldest daughter-in-law and representative of the Art Center Gallery, she will have a war of nerves with Soo Ae` character.

Ji-Hyun Kim, appeared in JTBC's'Duke City'… sharp conflict with Soo-ae

image_readtop_2021_505452_16219928574658

JTBC's'Duke City' is a mystery psychological thriller drama containing a fierce desire to rise to the top, set in the art museum of Sungjin Group, which shakes the political world of Korea.

Ji-Hyun Kim plays the role of Joo-yeon Lee in the play. Joo-yeon Lee is the eldest daughter-in-law of Sungjin Group and a representative of the Art Center Gallery, and has a hysterical and sharp personality. In order to occupy the Seongjin family, she is planning to enrich the play by engaging in a sharp nerve war with her brother-in-law Jaehee (played by Suae). Kim Ji-hyun, who was devoted to musical performances, decided to appear with the crew's active love call.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2021/05/505452/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Behind the scene picture

Woojin is in [Duke City] scheduled to air in the second half of this year With the very handsome actor Kim Kang-woo I got to play the role of Jung Hyun-woo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN95qW3FRwG/

Coffee truck for Kim Kang Woo

for Soo ae

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQlr9C5DgWU/

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Casting news

Jung Hee-tae, appearing in 'Peacock City'... Acting along with Kim Kang-woo 'Finding the clue to the case'

Actor Jung Hee-tae has been confirmed to appear in the drama 'Peacock City'.

JTBC's new drama 'Peacock City' is a mystery psychological thriller drama about the intense desire to rise to the top of the Sungjin Group's art museum, which shakes the political and financial world of Korea.

Jung Hee-tae, who appears as the original novel in the play, is a licorice-like existence in finding clues to the case.

He appeared in the TVN 'Navillera' a while ago and made a big impression on the small screen as a father struggling for his dream by appearing in the TVN 'Navillera'. making.

Meanwhile, 'Peacock City', which Jung Hee-tae has confirmed to appear in, is scheduled to air in the second half of this year.

http://www.100news.kr/9442

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Casting news

Seo Jae-hee - management four seasons, exclusive contract... Casting for JTBC's 'Peacock City'

2021081308188025574_1.jpg

Seo Jae-hee announced the joining of JTBC's new drama 'Peacock City' (directed by Jeon Chang-geun, written by Son Se-dong) along with the news of the exclusive contract. JTBC's 'Peacock City' is a psychological thriller drama with a fierce desire to rise to the top in the background of the Seongjin Group's art museum that shakes the political and financial world of Korea. Starring Soo Ae, Kim Kang-woo, Kim Mi-sook, and Lee Hak-joo.

Seo Jae-hee plays Oh Ye-rin, Jo Kang-hyun's girlfriend. She is increasingly ambitious to take the place of real wife  position with her son at the fore.

On the other hand, Management Four Seasons said, "I am delighted to have formed a relationship with Seo Jae-hee, who has a solid acting ability and a unique atmosphere through long stage experience. We ask for your interest and support for Seo Jae-hee's future activities."

https://moneys.mt.co.kr/news/mwView.php?no=2021081308188025574

• Like 3

Gorgeous 'Queens' comeback to small screens, expected dramas in the second half of 2021

145312_294982_162.png

As K-contents gained popularity abroad, the popularity of Korean dramas is also rising. In regions such as South America and Asia, there are even dramas going backwards due to the release of the dubbed version. In the second half of this year, two months have already passed, and let's take a look at the dramas expected in the second half of 2021 that will heat up domestic small screens in the second half of 2021.

[...]

The drama <Peacock City> is a JTBC drama and is scheduled to air in the second half of this year. Set in the background of the art museum of the Seongjin Group, a large corporation that shakes the political and business worlds of Korea, it is a mystery psychological thriller drama that tells the story of things lost by humans who desire to rise to the top. Actors such as Soo-ae, Kim Kang-woo, Kim Mi-sook, and Lee Hak-joo have confirmed their appearance.

Viewers are already looking forward to the news that the rare queens are making a comeback to the small screen. While a cold wind is blowing in the broadcasters due to the spread of Corona 19, I expect a warm wind to blow in the second half of this year thanks to the performances of the Queens.

https://www.sisunnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=145312

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Artist Seo Woo-sook to appear in the drama 'Peacock City' with paintings

http://www.newskorea21.com/imgdata/newskorea21_com/202102/2021022026498665.jpg

http://www.newskorea21.com/imgdata/newskorea21_com/202110/2021103056372108.jpg

The paintings of painter Seo Woo-sook will be exhibited in JTBC's new drama 'The Peacock City', starring Soo-ae and Kim Kang-woo.

The drama 'Peacock City' is a mystery psychological thriller drama about the fierce desire to rise to the top in the background of the Seongjin Group's art museum, which shakes the political and financial scene of Korea.

Artist Woo-sook Seo also serves as a consultant for the Free Republic of Korea Hope Solidarity, and about her painting that appeared in the drama 'Peacock City', she said, "I want to live a happy life where I can develop hope that can be satisfied with small happiness in each position. painted," 

The JTBC drama 'Peacock City' will premiere on November 29 and will feature Soo-ae, Kim Kang-woo, Kim Mi-sook, Lee Yi-dam, and Lee Hak-joo.

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Duke City/Sabotage City, 공작도시- Soo Ae & Kim Kang Woo- Premieres in second half 2021
On 11/1/2021 at 7:43 PM, larus said:

The JTBC drama 'Peacock City' will premiere on November 29 and will feature Soo-ae, Kim Kang-woo, Kim Mi-sook, Lee Yi-dam, and Lee Hak-joo.

Thank for the update larus. I thought this drama wil air 2022. Anything with Soo Ae and Kim Kang Woo, I'll watch plus the genre is my fav.   The title though... heh.