Quantcast

Kim Hyang Gi Upcoming Movie 2021 "Child", "Hansan" and Upcoming Drama 2021 "Fly High Butterfly"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlj4xBstLiL_Cfe4Vf2aY

Kim Hyang-gi (born August 9, 2000) is a South Korean actress. 

Kim began her career as a child actress, debuting in a Paris Baguette Commercial alongside her future co-star Jung Woo Sung and first appeared in the animal film Heart in 2006 alongside Yoo Seung-ho. Thereafter she starred in melodrama film Cherry Tomato, which depicts the poverty-stricken life of an old man and his granddaughter. One of Kim's earlier notable roles were in the drama film Wedding Dress where she played Song Yoon-ah's daughter.

In 2013, Kim starred in the television drama The Queen's Classroom, which won her a Best Young Actress Award at the 2013 MBC Drama Awards. Kim next appeared in Thread of Lies, a film adaptation of Kim Ryeo-ryeong's novel Elegant Lies about a willful girl seeking the truth behind her sister's suicide. Her performance as a victim of bully won her the Best New Actress award at the Baeksang Arts Awards.

In 2015, Kim had a lead role in the Drama City television special, Snowy Road. The two-part drama series is about the "comfort women" in Korea under Japanese rule during World War II, and was later released as a film in theaters.

In 2017, Kim starred in the web drama Sweet Revenge, which earned positive reviews and had over 11 million views online. The same year, she starred in the fantasy blockbuster Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds. The film was the second highest-grossing film in South Korea, and Kim won the Best Supporting Actress award at the Blue Dragon Awards. Kim subsequently reprised her role in the sequel of the film, Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days.

In 2018, Kim starred in the drama film Youngju, playing a lonely girl whose environment has forced her to grow up too fast. The same year, she was cast in the two-episode romance drama Drunk in Good Taste.

In 2019, Kim reunited with and starred alongside Jung Woo-sung in the drama film Innocent Witness. She earned positive reviews for her portrayal of a girl who suffers from a developmental disorder. She also appeared in the youth drama At Eighteen alongside Ong Seong-woo.

In 2021, Kim is set to star in Hansan, Child and has been cast in the drama Fly High Butterfly. 

She had won 13 awards. 

• Blob 1

e5b2e2bd72c142b79c6b6b951166abcd.jpeg?s=

Kim Hyang Gi In Talks To Star In Upcoming JTBC Drama

TV/FILM

May 26, 2020

by J. Lim

We may be seeing Kim Hyang Gi in a new drama soon!

On May 26, it was reported that Kim Hyang Gi would be appearing in the new JTBC drama “Fly, Butterfly” (literal title). A source from JTBC stated, “We are currently planning to air a new drama called ‘Fly, Butterfly’ in the second half of 2020. It is true that we have sent an offer to Kim Hyang Gi to appear in the drama.”

A source from Kim Hyang Gi’s agency Namoo Actors also stated, “Kim Hyang Gi has received an offer for the drama and is currently looking over the role.”

“Fly, Butterfly” is set to be a drama that follows the lives of people working at a hair salon as they learn to love themselves for who they are. “Age of Youth” screenwriter Park Yeon Sun is set to write for the drama, which will be co-directed by “Hello Dracula” producing director (PD) Kim Da Ye and “The Wind Blows” co-PD Kim Bo Kyung. If Kim Hyang Gi accepts the role, this will be her first drama since last year’s hit JTBC drama “Moments of 18.”

Stay tuned for more updates and while you wait, check out Kim Hyang Gi in “Moments of 18” below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1402714wpp/kim-hyang-gi-in-talks-to-star-in-upcoming-jtbc-drama?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-celebrity-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=13549pr

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Kim Hyang Gi, Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon Ah, Shim Eun Woo, And More Cast In New Drama

Sep 25, 2020

by C. Hong

676f900ddbbc49c784454bfd5789b082.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Fly Butterfly” (working title) has announced its principal cast!

“Fly Butterfly” is about the world of aspiring hair designers who work at a hair salon that promises to transform customers into beautiful “butterflies.” It is the next project from writer Park Yeon Sun, whose last work was JTBC’s “Age of Youth.” The drama will center around people who learn to love themselves in a world where hairstyle is said to make up 90 percent of someone’s physical image.

The cast includes Kim Hyang Gi, Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon Ah, Shim Eun Woo, Park Jung Woo, Moon Tae Yoo, and Kim Ka Hee.

Kim Hyang Gi has been cast as Gi Bbeum (literally “joy” in Korean), an intern at the hair salon.

A source from the drama stated, “This is the first time that a Korean drama has tackled the world of hair salons and their employees as a place of work. With this cast in hand, we intend to greet viewers sometime in 2021. It will be a humane story in the style of writer Park Yeon Sun, who is known for creating intensely relatable and unique emotions.”

“Fly Butterfly” will be jointly directed by Kim Da Ye (“Hello Dracula”) and Kim Bo Kyung (“The Wind Blows,” “Mystic Pop-Up Bar”).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427583wpp/kim-hyang-gi-choi-daniel-oh-yoon-ah-shim-eun-woo-and-more-cast-in-new-drama

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Child film trailer in eng sub

A-Young (Kim Hyang-Gi) grew up in an orphanage, until she had to move out due to her age. She is now by living by herself and majors in child education at school. She has gone through various part-time jobs to support herself. She picks up a new job, as a babysitter for Young-Chae (Ryoo Hyoun-Kyoung).

Young-Chae is a single mother. She has decided to raise her baby Hyeok by herself no matter what. With A-Young’s help, Young-Chae regains mental security and begins to dream about having a normal life. One day, Hyeok has an accident. Young-Chae places all the blame on A-Young.

Coming in 10th of February, can't wait 

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.amp.asp?newsIdx=302977

• Love 1
2 hours ago, parkeunbinchoidaniel said:

A-Young (Kim Hyang-Gi) grew up in an orphanage, until she had to move out due to her age. She is now by living by herself and majors in child education at school. She has gone through various part-time jobs to support herself. She picks up a new job, as a babysitter for Young-Chae (Ryoo Hyoun-Kyoung).

So Hyang Gi is a babysitter for that baby! At first, I was like "Yeah, she is a single mother" :D But glad that I was wrong! She really looks mature than her age when acting! Her voice is also stable like an adult. I am so looking forward to see her in Fly High, Butterfly! Also waiting for her next movie to release!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

But glad that I was wrong! She really looks mature than her age when acting!

Yes ur right she's very talented and her movie child she's playing as older sister to the baby and the single mother she doesn't care about the baby. It's interesting story. @gm4queen once the fly high butterfly air first episode U can see hyang gi nailed her character. Looking forward to it with Choi Daniel. 

Can't wait for uncle and niece chemistry:sweat_smile:

• LOL 1

a64040cfcd384829bfb20afbf41b0e9c.jpg

Actress Kim explained that her character Ah-young is a defensive person who refuses to share her feelings with others and prefers to remain consistent in all situations.

"Although Ah-young and I grew up in completely different environments, I was able to relate my feelings to her. There were no doubts about how Ah-young was portrayed in the script, and I was able to embody her character pretty quickly," she said.

She added she wants to leave viewers with a sense of hope. "No matter what obstacle is thrown your way, things will turn around," she said.

Meanwhile, Ryu said she felt sorry for her character Young-chae who suffers self-hatred.

"The way Young-chae opens up her mind to Ah-young and visibly matures as the story develops is well-portrayed in the film. I wanted to follow her inner journey of growth as the two share a special bond," she said.

On releasing his film amid a pandemic, director Kim expressed gratitude: "We hope people would come to see how two emotionally deprived people find comfort in each other."

"I" will hit local theaters, Feb. 10.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, parkeunbinchoidaniel said:

Actress Kim explained that her character Ah-young is a defensive person who refuses to share her feelings with others and prefers to remain consistent in all situations.

I am really curios to watch her new movie now! I think she can nail not only innocent roles but also cold characters as well! She has the potential! Go go go, girl! :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Tara_lits23 said:

Cant wait

Me too!! I don't know what is really her role is in the drama. But I believe that she will nail it right! I have the feeling! :lol: And hope she gain more fans for her in this thread as well!

• Like 2
  • Love 1