larus

4 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Another thing what really intrigued me was the way they implied that lacking social skills, and feelings were kind of hereditary- transferred through genes, here from father to son. Are there studies done to support this idea or is it just again a willing suspension of disbelief.

I think autism can be caused by certain genetic disorders, so I can see that the son may share his father's risk factors for autism, which explains his lack of social skills.

4 hours ago, confusedheart said:

In the book, Many Masters, Many Lives, Dr Br(ai)n , (se what I did there)says that a person has many repressed memories from past lives and how the brain kind of keeps collecting these memories and repressing it in every new life, which I must say is amazing- if it is true. But that read is definitely fascinating and brings to our mind several questions.

I read that same book many years ago! I don't believe in reincarnated lives, but it was fascinating reading about the repressed memories of past lives in some people. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Dr. Brain: Episode 1 (Review)

by missvictrix

AppleTV+ just launched in South Korea, and with it their first-ever Korean language production, Dr. Brain. But don’t let the goofy title fool you — this is very serious and cerebral sci-fi fare. As we follow our main character on his risky and ground-breaking experiments into thought and memory, his whole world turns upside down.

Note: Coverage of this drama will not continue after this review.

Read on Dramabeans: https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/dr-brain-episode-1-review/

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

Dr. Brain: Episode 1 (Review)

by missvictrix

AppleTV+ just launched in South Korea, and with it their first-ever Korean language production, Dr. Brain. But don’t let the goofy title fool you — this is very serious and cerebral sci-fi fare. As we follow our main character on his risky and ground-breaking experiments into thought and memory, his whole world turns upside down.

Note: Coverage of this drama will not continue after this review.

Read on Dramabeans: https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/dr-brain-episode-1-review/

Engaging review that touches on things we've all noticed as well. After reading her review, though, I wonder why she doesn't want to continue covering the show? That's too bad. It's only 6 episodes after all. 

It hit me today that the show does NOT take place in Boston. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I wanted to check out the drama but the warning in front for those with photo sensitivies made me pause. didn't help that within the first minute, there were rapid flashes of light and I immediately switched it off. didn't want to set off a migraine attack.

so chingus, is it like that throughout ep 1? does it stop to have normal lighting in most? is it possible to fast forward to the non-blinking lights and if so, where is it in the episode? 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

so chingus, is it like that throughout ep 1? does it stop to have normal lighting in most? is it possible to fast forward to the non-blinking lights and if so, where is it in the episode? 

There is a play of light and shadow, especially the blinking light. It is more at the beginning later it is sporadic, but still there. I really like how it has been shot because you can interpret it in so many ways- blinking lights could mean how the mind works or the use of light and shadow to suggest how few things are in light but few should remain in dark/ unconscious or subconscious. 

@sadiesmith Oh wow! I didn't know that it could be genetically transferred. I agree with you regarding 'Many Masters Many Lives'.  It was indeed a fascinating read.

BTW, chingus, I am not sure but didn't we see a woman bludgeoning the lover to death? I thought in one of those random flashes, the doctor saw a woman bludgeoning a man to death, probably the dead guy. If it was the dead guy and a woman bludgeoned him to death, was it the comatose wife? if so, how?

That child telling the doctor's son was alive was probably his hallucination. But why did he believed her/ it?I am riddled with too many questions.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, confusedheart said:

There is a play of light and shadow, especially the blinking light. It is more at the beginning later it is sporadic, but still there. I really like how it has been shot because you can interpret it in so many ways- blinking lights could mean how the mind works or the use of light and shadow to suggest how few things are in light but few should remain in dark/ unconscious or subconscious.

sigh; thanks but it looks like it will be a feature of the show then. so will skip it then. :sweatingbullets:

enjoy the drama chingus. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I wanted to check out the drama but the warning in front for those with photo sensitivies made me pause. didn't help that within the first minute, there were rapid flashes of light and I immediately switched it off. didn't want to set off a migraine attack.

I just checked. For the first 10 minutes there are flashbacks to his childhood and his mom's accident. These sequences have some flashing lights.

Starting at minute 11:20 he's an adult and things settle down. His machinery has one small part that flashes brightly when it's spinning. They show this, briefly, a few times, but it takes up a small part of the screen.

From minute 44 - 45, there are some flashbacks again that have a strobe-y quality to them.

After that, there's one time when he throws away a coffee cup and the trash bin lid spins around in a flashing way. (51:20)

Otherwise, it's shot like a mystery drama so there are shadows and darkness...but things are pretty stable.

32 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

sigh; thanks but it looks like it will be a feature of the show then. so will skip it then. :sweatingbullets:

enjoy the drama chingus. 

EDIT: Just saw that we crossed messages. If you're curious still, maybe fast forward to minute 11:20 and see how you like it from there. :) 

2 hours ago, confusedheart said:

That child telling the doctor's son was alive was probably his hallucination. But why did he believed her/ it?I am riddled with too many questions.  

They're sucking us in by having us pay attention to certain details which leave us with plenty of unanswered questions! :D

Also....I had thought that Episode 2 would be available here (Europe) exactly one week after Episode 1....but I have to wait until Friday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

38 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

EDIT: Just saw that we crossed messages. If you're curious still, maybe fast forward to minute 11:20 and see how you like it from there. :) 

thanks chingu; it looks like a good chunk of the episodes will have blinking lights. so it will be a skip for me. if am curious, will read the recaps like I usually do for dramas that I don't have time to see. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

On 1/19/2021 at 3:04 PM, larus said:

It is said that Apple is putting strict confidentiality provisions on the related parties regarding “Mr. Robin,” and is working hard on security.

In light of how last week went for all of us who were trying to find out information before Dr Brain's premiere, it's interesting to see the above quote in the 2nd post of this thread. From the beginning Apple was putting in confidentiality provisions and, later, embargoes on reviews (which probably happens for movies anyway).

Hopefully it pays off for them.

Any news on whether Apple TV+ and Dr Brain are making a splash in Korea itself?

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

CONTEST: Movember Oppa event - win prizes!

Chingus, now is your chance to win prizes as we are launching our Movember oppa event. Let your creative juices flow as you transform your oppa into a mustache oppa or a beard oppa. Let other forum members admire your oppa with facial hair. :wub: 

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Funny to read the reviews and see what a wild ride some of the reviewers thought the show was. Here's a fun one from Roger Ebert's website, with mild spoilers under spoiler tags.

Korean Master Kim Jee-Woon Directs Apple’s Visionary Dr. Brain

Brian Tallerico November 04, 2021

“Dr. Brain” is incredibly weird in all the best ways. Apple TV Plus clearly hopes that their consistently creative and clever sci-fi/action show will find some of the same audience that turned Netflix’s “Squid Game” into a massive worldwide hit, and they’re not above advertising connections to Bong Joon-ho’s “Parasite,” including one of its stars. The fact is that Korean cinema and television is having a bit of a moment, and it’s about time the wheel landed on Kim Jee-woon, one of the country’s most talented directors. The man behind “The Good, The Bad, and the Weird,” “A Tale of Two Sisters,” and “I Saw the Devil” is a visionary auteur, someone willing to embrace the incredibly weird to create something unforgettable.

Spoiler

His new series "Dr. Brain" is a tonal rollercoaster that doesn’t quite land in the final two episodes of the season like it promises, but there’s still more than enough to admire in this crazy genre hybrid that’s designed to mess with your head.

Lee Sun-kyun, the patriarch of the wealthy family in “Parasite,” plays Dr. Sewon Koh, a visionary eccentric who is introduced as a child prodigy whose mother is killed in a horrible car accident. It turns out that Sewon can remember every detail of the accident, down to the look on the driver’s face. There’s something different about his brain, which sparks a fascination with the way human beings process memory and emotion.

Years later, Sewon is an icy brain doctor, whose professional life is groundbreaking but whose home life is a disaster. His son Doyoon (Jeong Si-on) is missing, presumed dead, and his wife Jaeyi (Lee You-young) is in a coma. Through an encounter with a mysterious private eye (played with a clever wink by Park Hee-soon), he discovers that his wife was having an affair with a man named Junki Lim (Kim Ju-hun), who then ends up murdered, making you-know-who into a suspect. 

While all this chaos is going down, Sewon develops a revolutionary new science called “brain syncs,” which basically transfers memories from one person to another. Can he use this tech to find his son, save his wife, and clear his name? He quickly discovers that brain syncing comes with side effects, including taking another person’s memories back into reality, creating a surreal rift in time and space. Yes, “Dr. Brain” is kind of like “Flatliners” meets “Inception,” with a dash of “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” for flavor. While one can pick out its inspirations, there's certainly been nothing else quite like it on TV lately.

Based on a webtoon by Hong Jac-ga, “Dr. Brain” is a surreal mix of styles. It’s part family drama, part sci-fi cautionary tale, and part action movie. And the best thing about it is how deftly Kim juggles these various elements, driving home the increasing emotion of Sewon’s journey as he makes revelation after revelation, while also not forgetting to craft some pretty tense sequences...

Spoiler

including a marvelously staged shoot-out in episode three. The pacing here over only six episodes is tight, although the last pair repeat a few beats and succumb to massive exposition dumps about what’s been happening to Sewon and Doyoon, particularly episode five.

“Dr. Brain” is such a dreamy, bizarre show at its best that it’s understandable that it’s less interesting when it has to explain itself, but Kim never loses hold on its pace or intelligence.

It helps too that Kim has such a strong eye. Other directors would have lost the handle on the tonal shifts and genre changes but Kim’s confident compositions hold it together. The hope after the success of “Parasite” was that it would lead to people discovering Bong’s previous masterpieces. If we’re lucky, the same thing happens with “Dr. Brain” and Kim Jee-woon. Tune in and take your brain for a ride.

Whole season screened for review.

Source: https://www.rogerebert.com/streaming/korean-master-kim-jee-woon-directs-apples-visionary-dr-brain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

20 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Any news on whether Apple TV+ and Dr Brain are making a splash in Korea itself?

I am very curious also. From what I could tell, international viewers seem to like it, experienced drama watchers (like the ones on Dramabeans) seem to dislike it, but local reception is a complete mystery.

• Like 4

The "super daddy" phenomenon? What is this?

https://news.v.daum.net/v/20211109081741430

[Hong Jong-sun's character exploration⑳] A new way to make a 'super daddy' (Doctor Brain VS Taken)

'Dr.  Actor Lee Seon-gyun, who played the title role of 'Doctor Brain' in the title role of 'Brain' ⓒApple TV+

'Dr. Actor Lee Seon-gyun, who played the title role of 'Doctor Brain' in the title role of 'Brain' ⓒApple TV+

Regardless of genre, we are not unfamiliar with mothers or mothers who do incredible things for their children and show incredible power. Depending on the appropriateness of the expression in the work, it may be accepted or criticized, but at least I don't think it's unreasonable. Motherhood has been accumulated and accepted for a long time as a transcendental force or mechanism of occurrence that is difficult to explain beyond a cliché (a characteristic that is unconsciously repeated without demand or criticism of the genre) and is the norm of all genres.

Father or father is a little different. There were many works that show the process of a man who was mainly a man accepting a family and becoming a caring father for children, or illuminating the image of a responsible human being who protects the family in the name of a father. There was a movie where 'father' became synonymous with indomitable will and super power as much as 'motherhood', so this is the movie 'Taken', which debuted in 2008. At that time, Liam Neeson set out to save his daughter with a hot action that made him forget his 56-year-old age, a superhero that had nothing he couldn't do and knew nothing about, and the audience cheered with one mind.

Actor Lee Seon-gyun as Dr. Go Se-won and Park Hee-soon (from left) as Lee Kang-mu, an investigator who uncovers the facts of the case.  Two may be one or two may be.  ⓒ

Actor Lee Seon-gyun as Dr. Go Se-won and Park Hee-soon (from left) as Lee Kang-mu, an investigator who uncovers the facts of the case. Two may be one or two may be. 

The six-part drama 'Dr. Brain' (domestic publicity name 'Dr. Brain', hereinafter 'Doctor Brain', produced by Bound Entertainment Kakao Entertainment Studioplex Dark Circle Pictures, directed by Kim Ji-woon, written by Kim Jin-ah, Ko Young-jae and Kim Ji-woon) is the story of a man who was indifferent to his family.

The fact that Apple TV Plus, the first company to enter Korea, ambitiously produced 'Doctor Brain' as a bridgehead to secure domestic users, left the directing to director Kim Ji-woon, appointed actor Lee Sun-kyun in the title role, and set up actor Park Hee-soon and Lee Yoo-young as the lead role. is confirmed from It's a gorgeous cast, with actors such as Moon Seong-geun, Yoo Tae-oh, Seo Ji-hye, Jo Bok-rae, Lee El, and Um Tae-goo taking on the lead and supporting roles to support the work, and the 'misunderstanding' that raises expectations that there will be more is also fun to watch. Actor Lee Jae-won took on a bigger role than before and did it flawlessly, and Kim Joo-heon did a good job that made me feel sorry for the amount of appearance.

There is a reason why the production team set by director Kim Jee-woon told the story of the wide-angle visual beauty and the blue-green noir screen, and the story of the strong actors running on it before saving the son of 'Doctor of the Brain' Go Se-won. Compared to 'Taken', the background of becoming a 'super daddy' in 'Doctor Brain' is very fresh and can be a bit unfamiliar, but the mise-en-scène and actors play a big role in reducing the gap with reality so that the setting does not float in the air. because it does

The phrase 'I picked the wrong opponent' is impressive.  ⓒImported Joy&Cinema, distributed by JNC Media Group

The phrase 'I picked the wrong opponent' is impressive. ⓒImported Joy&Cinema, distributed by JNC Media Group

Shall we compare the 'Super Daddy Recipe' of the two works in earnest? The background of the movie 'Taken' that makes his father, Brian (Liam Neeson) a super daddy, has the professional characteristics of a former special agent. Brian, who shoots guns well, is good at shooting action, drives well, has a talent for collecting information, and even has golden connections, which is unimaginable for a normal father, convinces the audience that the movie is from a special agent.

Go Se-won (Lee Seon-gyun) in the drama 'Doctor Brain' is a scholar who studies EEG metastasis. It is true that he is a genius with great memory and excellent concentration that he never forgets once he was young, but it is unreasonable to save a desperate child with only an excellent brain. For the drama, 'Brain Scan' was chosen as the method of 'Go Se-won, Making a Super Daddy'. Go Se-won has hypothesized that brain wave movement is possible since high school, and believes that it is a theory that can be proven in reality beyond the hypothesis. It is argued that the memory, habits, and emotions of the other person can be transferred through brain wave movement.

Se-won, who devotes her daily life to difficult research and immersed herself in work, fails to protect her son and wife in turn. One day, when she encounters a clue that her son may be alive, she sets out to 'find her son Do-hyeon'. It is an opportunity to spur the research that was in progress step by step. In a situation where his heart is urgent, but no one tells him anything and no one believes what Se-won says, Se-won becomes a suspect in a series of murders and disappearances.

Can Se-Won, who is on the suspect line, avoid police surveillance and save the child who is not even sure if he is alive? Like 'Big Brother', if you can become the eyes of seeing all the relevant circumstances, like the father of the movie 'Taken', the driving action is basic, and if you can climb so well that you feel like you're a hero 'Catman', land with ease, and dodge bullets. it might be possible In a desperate situation, Sewon conducts an unproven brain wave movement experiment on herself. As the scan progresses, he becomes a 'super daddy' who is of the highest level both physically and mentally.

Spoiler

Those who took Go Se-won's son also chose the wrong opponent.  Becoming a father with superpowers beyond 'Taken' through brain scans ⓒ

Those who took Go Se-won's son also chose the wrong opponent. Becoming a father with superpowers beyond 'Taken' through brain scans ⓒ

Compared to the former ace special agent of 'Taken', 'Doctor Brain' creates a super-powerful father with a much more unique and complex recipe. It's fun to watch without knowing anything if you're going to watch it unconditionally, but if you're the one who decides whether to watch or not after checking the minimum amount of information, even if you know the basic method of 'brain scan', you can scan someone to see what abilities are created and how they are expressed at what moment. just having fun Above all else, the fun will be doubled if the actor Lee Seon-gyun becomes a character named Go Se-won and checks the facial expressions and gestures in detail.

'Doctor Brain' started with a unique idea, but it doesn't end with just one idea. There are many secrets, including the identity of Lee Kang-moo (Park Hee-soon), a private investigator who digs up the case, the story progresses in a complicated way, and the subject and purpose of brain research and experiments are not the same. Director Kim Jee-woon, who designed and expressed sci-fi elements in an aesthetic image, has a good sense, and the scene where actor Moon Seong-geun shows charisma suitable for his career, and Park Hee-soon's sexy beauty, who maintains tension by bouncing and plucking the 'guitar string' of the work, throughout. add

It is still difficult to say how popular Apple TV Plus will be in the domestic OTT (Over The Top, Internet TV) market, but if the first work is a touchstone, the signal fired by 'Doctor Brain' is clear.

Copyrights ⓒ EB News Co., Ltd., unauthorized reproduction-redistribution prohibited

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 images per post. Please put any more images in spoiler tag. Thanks!
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

and if you can climb so well that you feel like you're a hero 'Catman', land with ease, and dodge bullets.

Several reviewers have talked about this....will be entertaining to see. He'd be a super daddy indeed.

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Director Kim Jee-woon, who designed and expressed sci-fi elements in an aesthetic image, has a good sense,

The more reviews I read, the more confidence I have in the director. People seem to think he's done a good job combining genres and bringing all the twists to a satisfying end.

• Like 2

Here's a positive review coming out of South Korea:

https://news.g-enews.com/view.php?ud=20211109132631965186fbbc3c26_1&md=20211109174457_R

Apple TV+ weekend reaction, more 'positive' than Netflix... Expected to settle in the market

centerApple TV Plus Original 'Doctor Brain'. photo = Apple

Apple TV Plus and Apple TV 4K, which were released on the 4th, have been showing satisfactory responses for a week after their release. Compared to the early days of Netflix's release in 2016, there are also evaluations that it is better.

According to the OTT industry, specific data such as the number of paid subscribers and viewing time for Apple TV Plus are not currently disclosed, but positive review articles about the work are coming up through blogs and YouTube.

An industry official said, “It is difficult to make hasty judgments in the past about a week, but the situation has been positive so far.

Netflix first launched its service in Korea in 2016. Previously, only American drama fans such as 'Stranger Things', 'House of Cards', and 'Designated Survivor' used the service, but in January 2019, the first Korean original series, 'Kingdom', was released and received full attention.

In particular, after the outbreak of the novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19) in January last year, the theaters stagnate and OTT services grew, so Netflix also achieved great growth.
Unlike 2016 when Apple TV Plus was released, competition from domestic OTTs such as Wave, Watcha, and Teabing is fierce, centered on Netflix. In addition, as Disney Plus is about to be released on the 12th, the competition is expected to be fierce in the future.

In addition, unlike Netflix, Korean original content is released on the same day as the service launch, making an aggressive move toward the Korean content market. Apple TV Plus released the webtoon-based drama 'Doctor Brain', directed by Kim Ji-woon and starring Lee Seon-gyun, along with the service launch on the 4th.

In addition, Apple TV Plus will also unveil the drama 'Pachinko' directed by Korean-American director Justin Jeon. 'Pachinko' features many Korean actors such as Yeo-jeong Yoon, Lee Min-ho, Jung Eun-chae, and Jeong Woong-in, and deals with the lives of Koreans living in Japan who moved to Japan after the Japanese colonial period.

SK Broadband, which is selling Apple TV 4K set-top boxes, is also positive. SK Broadband said, "It is difficult to confirm the specific reaction as it is still in the early stages of release, but there were many inquiries during the pre-order period that started on the 26th of last month." In particular, Apple TV 4K supports 4K content from Wave, Watcha, and NEW to accommodate various OTT users in addition to Apple TV Plus.

According to SK Broadband, even among users, "If you change the set-top to Apple TV 4K, it's good that you can watch OTT like Netflix, including Apple TV+." "It's one stone, two pairs because you can enjoy it", "I'm a fan of Apple products, and I want to try using this opportunity by replacing the set-top with Apple TV 4K"

Meanwhile, Apple TV Plus costs 6,500 won per month and can be shared by up to six people. Apple also offers a subscription service that bundles Apple TV Plus, Apple Music, iCloud Plus, and Apple Arcade. According to iCloud Plus capacity, it is divided into 14,900 won and 20,900 won per month.

Initially, Apple TV Plus was known to be available only within Apple devices, but you can watch it on your Android phone just by entering the address on the website. Because of this, it seems that it will be able to secure a large number of users that are not limited to Apple devices.

Reporter Yongjoon Yeo, Global Economics, dd0930@g-enews.com

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

According to the OTT industry, specific data such as the number of paid subscribers and viewing time for Apple TV Plus are not currently disclosed, but positive review articles about the work are coming up through blogs and YouTube.

Good news! Hopefully the buzz can help sustain it even after Disney+ comes out this Friday.

%E1%84%83%E1%85%A1%E1%86%A8%E1%84%90%E1%

“Dr. Brain” Director Kim Jee-Woon: Why I Chose Lee Sun-Kyun

• “Dr. Brain” introduced by Apple TV+ as Korea’s first original series, is also the first drama directed by Kim Jee-Woon, who has only been working on movies.

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Doctor Brain” is a story about Se-Won (Lee Sun-Kyun), after losing his family in a mysterious accident, Sewon, a brilliant brain scientist, tries to solve what happened. He performs brain synchs with the deceased in order to search for clues hidden in their memories, but it becomes difficult to separate those memories from his own experiences.

“When I first got the offer, I thought I could make it into a movie. It was before COVID-19, before the OTT was revived. I then changed my mind to make this story a drama, thinking it would be more meaningful if I approached it richly and deeply” Director Kim Jee-Woon shared.

Director Kim also expressed his confidence in Lee Sun-Kyun, Park Hee-Soon, Lee Yoo-Young, Seo Ji-Hye, and Lee Jae-Won.

“Go Se-Won is a difficult role to play, so I needed an actor who could perform and express it well. Lee Sun-Kyun is an actor I’ve seen since he started acting in plays, musicals, and so on. I needed an actor who can play as a middle-class family member, who is likable, familiar, and easy to get hooked on, Sun-Kyun had everything I wanted”

https://hallyula.com/2021/11/dr-brain-director-kim-jee-woon-as-to-why-he-chose-lee-sun-kyun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@sadiesmith The online interview is an interesting concept.  I don't think I've seen it with other dramas.  WE should have a new episode today, right?  I'm watching a couple of shows on Apple and they come out on different days.

I haven't seen this kind of online interview with international reporters with other dramas either, but I also never paid attention before. Some movie reviewers posted on their twitter accounts that they had a chat with the cast and director, but it was not possible to get all their questions answered. I predict that with the truly international cast of Pachinko, they might also plan something similar.

A new episode will come out tomorrow in the US, I think, or Friday in South Korea. Can't wait!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cine21.com/news/view/?mag_id=99019#relay_news_area

Brain synchronization scene, look forward to it
Written by Bae Dongmi 2021-11-11

16_33_11__618b75b73d9db%5BW680-%5D.jpg

- How have you been?

I did a lot of work. <Dr. Brain> is the most recent work that has been filmed since the end of February, but I happened to be the first to release it.

- <Dr. Brain> is a 6-part series with a running time of around 1 hour per episode. How was it working as an actor?

There were so many movies and dramas that there was no burden on the environment. <Dr. Brain> feels like making two movies?

- The main character, Se-won, is a genius brain scientist, but he can't feel emotions. Instead, he zealously studies brain synchronization. How did you create the various aspects of Sewon?

As an actor, I struggled a lot with how to express a person without emotions. If there is no emotion, it means that there is no breathing and no reaction. After contemplating with the director, I decided to express the emotions I felt as a result of learning to some extent, even if I couldn't feel them.

- < Following Going to the End >, they fight again in the mortuary. How was it different from back then?

I often lie on the iron bed of the mortuary, and I didn't know it would be so cold. (Laughter) The rest of the characters were replaced by dummy, not actors, but I often lay down because I had to act out the brain synchronization.

- When I was doing brain synchronization, I had to put the device on my head and close my eyes, and then I had to create subtle details by myself.

It is more important to see the dreamlike image that combines reality and unreality appearing in Sewon's head rather than acting. As an actor and viewer, the brain synchronization scene is the most anticipated.

- At the end of episode 1, there is a scene where Se-won goes down to the basement.

It's a scene that enters a different space in terms of genre, but it gives a bittersweet ending. I also liked the dreamy and cold green color of the set. I was able to concentrate well, and from that scene the character started to be captured.

- A lot of people think of < Parasite > when they see the stairs going to the basement, isn't it a burden?

Do I have to bear the burden… . (Laughs) It is good that many people recognize < Parasite >. Still, when promoting <Dr. Brain> abroad, I was a bit embarrassed when I introduced ' Lee Sun-kyun from < Parasite > will appear. < ParasiteStill feeling parasitized in >?

- That being said, it hasn't been long since < Parasite > won the Academy Award.

It seems like a long time ago, but I think it's probably because of COVID-19. A truly absurd dream happened, and then when I returned to Korea, Corona 19 broke out. I still feel like waking up from a dream. In fact, it's only been a year and a half, but I don't feel it. So, there is really no burden on < Parasite >.

- Challenged the first OTT original. Korean dramas released worldwide through OTT are receiving a lot of attention. I want <Dr. Brain> to receive good reviews because of its high level of perfection. Since it remains as content that can be read continuously on OTT, if the work is good, like <My Mister>, which has recently gone backwards, wouldn't everyone see it someday?

- Where and what do you plan to do on the day the first episode is released? There is a fat shoot. I have a set-top box and a 4K TV at home, and I use an iPhone, so I can watch it using any device, even if I don't watch it right away.

- You appear in a lot of movies, but you are always challenged to tell a long story. The drama seems to make me live more with that role. Acting is what kind of role an actor wears. But because I wear one role often, it is comfortable and fits me better. I think that's the charm of the drama.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1