[Drama 2021] The Devil Judge ⚖️ 악마판사

Maetawinz

GOT7’s Jinyoung Transforms Into A Judge Who Pursues Justice In Upcoming Drama “The Devil Judge”

d2542bad36fd4732b9829bae17edbab8.jpeg?s=

Jun 14, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Devil Judge” shared the first stills of GOT7’s Jinyoung as Kim Ga On!

“The Devil Judge” is a new drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung will star as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions.

Jinyoung will be playing Kim Ga On, an associate judge at the trial court that leads the live broadcast courtroom show. He’s a figure who pursues upright justice and truth while maintaining his humanity in a dystopian society rampant with greed and corrupt power.

Kim Ga On is a self-made man who had a difficult childhood but became a respectable judge due to the hard work he put in. Having gradually built courage and strength after facing many hardships, Kim Ga On will oppose the devil judge Kang Yo Han by keeping an eye on his suspicious behavior.

In the still below, Kim Ga On looks dashing as an associate judge in his judge’s robe with his bright and meaningful gaze.

Other stills depict Kim Ga On getting his identity confirmed by the security guard and looking deep in thought while wearing casual clothing, making him appear different from those in the alternate universe with extravagant appearances. Viewers are curious to see what impact Kim Ga On will create in this dystopian world.

Jinyoung-3.jpg

Jinyoung-1.jpg

The production team shared, “Jinyoung is immersing himself into his role so flawlessly that he’s the perfect fit to play the character of Kim Ga On, who has good-natured energy and rebellious tendencies. Please pay attention to his performance, which has become deeper and more mature, through ‘The Devil Judge.'”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474546wpp/got7s-jinyoung-transforms-into-a-judge-who-pursues-justice-in-upcoming-drama-the-devil-judge

• Like 1

Ji Sung And Kim Min Jung Have A Hot And Cold Relationship In “The Devil Judge”

525b77dbd7604b9aa219b0abc906606a.jpeg?s=

Jun 17, 2021
by L. Kim

Upcoming tvN drama “The Devil Judge” shared a peek of Ji Sung and Kim Min Jung’s relationship!

“The Devil Judge” is a new drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung will star as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions, and Kim Min Jung will take on the role of Jung Sun Ah, Kang Yo Han’s greatest rival and the executive director of a CSR (corporate social responsibility) foundation.

The newly released stills show the interesting relationship between Kang Yo Han and Jung Sun Ah. They have a good time at a party like everyone else and even dance together. In addition, she gives him a hug from behind as a gentle smile plays on her face. However, their eyes aren’t filled with the same warmth as their actions, and they exude cold auras when they look at each other. Kang Yo Han addresses Jung Sun Ah with hostility and vigilance, where as Jung Sun Ah’s expression is always shadowed with hints of desire and curiosity. The way she approaches him and physically encloses the distance between them is also seductive, making people more curious about their intriguing relationship.

Spoiler

the-devil-judge-1.jpg

the-devil-judge-2.jpg

kim-min-jung1.jpg

ji-sung.jpg

The producers of “The Devil Judge” shared, “Ji Sung and Kim Min Jung’s acting chemistry is more perfect than expected. Please wait for the first broadcast of ‘Devil Judge’ as the two actors are so into their characters that they are once again being recognized as trusted actors.”

• Like 2

“The Devil Judge” Explains The Drama’s Alternate Universe Concept

f271a3218d75494d85fd60c029dede7e.jpeg?s=

Jun 18, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN has shared three key points to explain the world of “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” is set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as the titular “devil judge,” Kang Yo Han, who raises the question: Is he a hero of the people in a chaotic world or a devil who wears the mask of the law?

The drama also stars Kim Min Jung as Jung Sun Ah, Kang Yo Han’s nemesis; GOT7’s Jinyoung as Kim Ga On, an associate judge; and Park Gyu Young as Yoon Soo Hyun, a police detective and Kim Ga On’s childhood friend.

Here are three important points that explain the drama’s unique concept and world:

1) An imagined dystopian Korea

ji-sung-1-1.jpg

“The Devil Judge” is not set in present-day society but in an imaginary alternate universe where Korea is now a dystopia. Society has collapsed as the people erupt with distrust and hatred against their leaders, and everyday life has collapsed into chaos and looting.

In this world where order seems to have collapsed, a judge named Kang Yo Han signals a new change for society. What kind of change he will bring, and what ideologies will spread among the people as a result, are the questions that will be answered in “The Devil Judge.”

2) A live courtroom show with the whole nation

ji-sung-the-devil-judge.jpg

In this imaginary dystopian Korea, a powerful new method of punishing evil is through the “courtroom live show.” As the entire nation watches, the trial is broadcast live on-air. The court appears more like a TV studio than a regular courtroom and the trial is also run in a different atmosphere than a court in “our” world.

The person who will turn the courtroom into a live reality show is the head judge, Kang Yo Han. If someone who has committed a crime is put on trial, then he will be sure to punish them no matter who they are. His refreshing judgments make him popular among the people, but people like Kim Ga On start to get suspicious about his methods.

3) The social responsibility foundation

In this world, star judge Kang Yo Han is one of the heroes of the people as the man who leads the live courtroom show, but there is another organization in whom the public places their trust: the social responsibility foundation.

The social responsibility foundation leads charitable foundations and helps the underprivileged social classes. It is powerful enough to put pressure on society’s leaders and its influence is such that it is presumed to speak for the people.

Jung Sun Ah, Kang Yo Han’s nemesis, is the executive director of the social responsibility foundation. She is a seductive and brilliant woman who uses the fact that humans hide their greed behind a veil of hypocrisy as her weapon and succeeds in holding powerful people in the palm of her hand. A key point for the drama is the old rivalry between her and Kang Yo Han and the role that the social responsibility foundation will play in the drama’s storyline.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1475259wpp/the-devil-judge-explains-the-dramas-alternate-universe-concept

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watch: Ji Sung And GOT7’s Jinyoung Clash Over Opinions On Justice As Kim Min Jung Goes On The Hunt In “The Devil Judge”

7b3becf191304df997dad3406d6da725.jpeg?s=

Jun 18, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN has shared another teaser for their highly anticipated drama “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” takes place in an alternate-universe dystopian Korea where the entire nation participates in a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as the titular “devil judge,” Kang Yo Han. Is he a hero of the people in chaotic times or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

GOT7’s Jinyoung co-stars as Kim Ga On, an associate judge, who gets suspicious about head judge Kang Yo Han’s motives and methods. Kim Min Jung co-stars as Jung Sun Ah, Kang Yo Han’s nemesis and the executive director of the social responsibility foundation.

In the teaser, Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On clash over their differing opinions on justice. Kim Ga On questions whether justice is being served as long as the final verdict is correct. Kang Yo Han asks, “You think the process should be just as well?” and Kim Ga On retorts, “Of course. That’s what the law and the trial is all about.”

Meanwhile, Jung Sun Ah sets her sights on Kang Yo Han. Dressed in beautiful clothes, she waltzes through his life in the courtroom and in glittering ballrooms, and she lies on her couch and murmurs to herself, “Is it true that he has nothing to protect? I’ll have to find out.”

However, there are also more dangerous stakes at hand. Kim Ga On and Kang Yo Han are both involved in physical altercations, whether it’s in a street fight or a traffic stop or at a site of disaster. At one point, Kim Ga On sits helpless in the path of a children’s bus as Kang Yo Han aims a rifle.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1475368wpp/watch-ji-sung-and-got7s-jinyoung-clash-over-opinions-on-justice-as-kim-min-jung-goes-on-the-hunt-in-the-devil-judge

• Like 3

Watch: Ji Sung Puzzles GOT7’s Jinyoung And Kim Min Jung Behind The Scenes Of “The Devil Judge”

d5a120368e584eea967128c2798f761e.jpeg?s=

Jun 19, 2021
by U. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Devil Judge” has revealed a behind-the-scenes video of its first day of filming!

Kim Min Jung is the first person to greet the camera. She introduces her character Jung Sun Ah, who is Kang Yo Han’s nemesis and the executive director of the social responsibility foundation. Asked to share her thoughts on wrapping up her first day of filming, the actress comments, “I’m focusing most on acting well and making the many sides of Sun Ah appear like one person so that it can resonate with the viewers.”

Next is GOT7’s Jinyoung in the role of Kim Ga On, an associate judge. He shares, “I filmed a scene where I walk back home. From that moment on, I’ve been having a good time filming with the many seniors and colleagues.” The video cuts to a Jinyoung and a child actress waiting to film a scene together. He asks her if she wants chocolate, but she immediately shakes her head no. Jinyoung appears embarrassed as he looks into the camera and nods in acceptance.

jinyoung-ji-sung1.jpg

Park Gyu Young, playing detective Yoon Soo Hyun, “I’ve been meeting with my seniors, other actors, and the director I’m working with to have lots of talks with and read the script with. It finally felt like everything was coming to fruition, so it felt like a novel experience.”

Park Gyu Young is breathlessly running around for a scene, and she shares, “I have a feeling there will only be cuts of me running.”

Back to Kim Min Jung, she touches on the teamwork between the cast members. “It’s been a long time since Ji Sung and I have worked together. The viewers will probably be anticipating our chemistry and teamwork. You can look forward to it.” To prove her words true, behind-the-scenes footage of the pair are shown. When Kim Min Jung does a fancy turn while they are dancing together, Ji Sung lets out a laugh, and he later acknowledges, “It’s all my fault.”

Spoiler

kim-min-jung-ji-sung.jpg

Meanwhile, Jinyoung comments, “Ji Sung and the director have been leading me so well. I’m having such a valuable and enjoyable experience that I feel like I should be paying tuition.”

On set, Ji Sung listens to Jinyoung’s concerns and relays them to the director. Ji Sung also gives Jinyoung meaningful advice, but Jinyoung is overwhelmed by all of the information and asks for some time to organize his thoughts.

In a scene between Jinyoung and Park Gyu Young, Park Gyu Young tells him, “Wow, a bug entered your nostril and came out of your mouth.” Jinyoung responds, “Yum, protein,” putting Park Gyu Young at a loss for words.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1475447wpp/watch-ji-sung-puzzles-got7s-jinyoung-and-kim-min-jung-behind-the-scenes-of-the-devil-judge

• Blob 2

https://zapzee.net/2021/06/21/ji-sung-says-his-new-series-the-devil-judge-has-a-fantasy-element-like-batman/
Ji Sung Says His New Series ‘The Devil Judge’ Has a Fantasy Element Like ‘Batman’

by krishkim | images: tvN

E4D68C0D-A1CA-4FC7-9AF0-50FCEED7AF38.jpg

Ji Sung heralded another all-time character with The Devil Judge.

tvN’s new weekend series The Devil Judge is set in a dystopian version of Korea where people harbor hatred towards their leaders. In such a society, trials are held through a courtroom live show aired on television.

Ji Sung recalled the moment he first met The Devil Judge. “I wanted to look back on the justice of the present day through the series,” he shared.

The actor then chose a fantasy-like element such as “Batman” as the charm of his new work. About his character Kang Yohan, Ji Sung explained, “He may be an unrealistic character, but that came attractive to me. I wanted to know more about Yohan’s life and the pain that was enforced on his life.”

540F58D8-D342-4FE7-A177-B62D16A0F06D.jpg

Kang Yohan is a judge who acts mysteriously somewhere between the dystopian version of evil and good. Is he a true popular hero or a malicious force sowing the seeds of chaos in his court? Ji Sung added, “I wanted to find and express a different side of me that I didn’t even know about with a character I’ve never challenged before.”

Finally, Ji Sung showed his affection for The Devil Judge. “Our work offers a variety of interesting and meanings, so I hope you watch it from the premiere episode,” he said. “Exploration of acting gives me pleasure. I want to show a new of me with this series.”

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• Like 2

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Devil Judge • 악마판사 - 1st EP : 3 July 2021

Ji Sung Shares What Drew Him To His Titular Character In Upcoming Drama “The Devil Judge”

26c1ff188b1b4e4da26201a3e5292688.jpeg?s=

Jun 22, 2021
by S. Nam

Ji Sung talked about his upcoming tvN drama “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” takes place in an alternate-universe dystopian Korea where the entire nation participates in a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as the titular “devil judge,” Kang Yo Han. Is he a hero of the people in chaotic times or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Thinking back to when he first encountered the project, Ji Sung mentioned the key word of “justice” linked to the drama. He shared, “I wanted to look back on the justice of this present age through ‘The Devil Judge".

Ji-Sung-31.jpg

On the drama’s charm, Ji Sung explained that “The Devil Judge” has fantasy elements like in “Batman,” adding that he’s very into the dystopian world created by the drama. The actor elaborated that he was drawn to Kang Yo Han because he’s an unrealistic character as a “devil judge” who disposes of evil. Ji Sung commented, “I wanted to know more about Yo Han’s life in detail, and I’m curious about the pain in his life that was given to him.”

Ji-Sung-21.jpg

Kang Yo Han is a figure who walks a secretive path along the border of good and evil in the dystopian world. Ji Sung showcased his passion for studying his character, revealing, “I wanted to find and express a new side of me that even I didn’t know about by acting in a way I’ve never tried before.”

He continued, “There are so many points to look out for in ‘The Devil Judge,’ so it’s difficult to say just one thing. It’s a drama with a variety of fun and meaningful elements, so please tune in steadily from the first episode.” Finally, Ji Sung shared, “Exploring acting gives me joy. I want to show a new side of me with this project.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1475859wpp/ji-sung-shares-what-drew-him-to-his-titular-character-in-upcoming-drama-the-devil-judge

• Like 2
  • Love 1