[Drama 2021] The Devil Judge ⚖️ 악마판사

Maetawinz

@larus thanks for the update.  Ji Sung. Im in love.. and that just his stare. Imagine his acting.❤️❤️

I don't like the reality show premise of the plot but this might be good I feel. Plus it's Jisung...so gotta check this.

Well I wasn't expecting anything from BE but turned out to be brilliant and best 2021 drama.  Lets see about this.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Devil Judge • 악마판사 - 1st Teasers

Ji Sung commands the courtroom in new promos for Devil Judge

by tccolb

NISI20210527_0000754779_web_202105271133

New promos have been released for tvN’s upcoming drama Devil Judge, featuring lead actor Ji Sung (Doctor John) in a new poster and video teaser.

The drama aims to tackle the meaning of justice through a dystopian South Korea where the whole nation has to participate in a live courtroom show. The star judge of the show is played by Ji Sung whose true intentions are difficult to decipher. At times he seems to be the people’s hero, but at the same time there’s something about him that makes you question whether he’s just the devil in disguise.

Kim Min-jung (My Fellow Citizens) joins the drama as another judge — and Ji Sung’s sworn enemy. Rounding out the judging trio is Jinyoung (When My Love Blooms). He’s a rookie judge and is seen as the nation’s last hope for justice. The sole non-judge of the main cast will be played Park Kyu-young (It’s Okay to Not Be Okay), a detective and Jinyoung’s best friend turned potential love interest.

The teaser begins with a glimpse of the nation in chaos and the appearing text explains that this is, “An imaginary dystopian South Korea.” The camera focuses on Ji Sung as he gets dressed in his robes and walks toward the courtroom. Designed like the set of a TV program, he stands in the spotlight in the middle of a circular room. The closing shot shows Ji Sung standing in front of wall that blurs away and he announces, “Fellow citizens, your trial is now about to start.”

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/ji-sung-commands-the-courtroom-in-new-promos-for-devil-judge/

• Like 3

Ji Sung Transforms Into An Unparalleled Judge Who Seeks To Punish Evil In “The Devil Judge”

68252293fba647e9bdba7bf7667e02de.jpeg?s=

Jun 3, 2021
by L. Kim

Ji Sung will be transforming into a special judge in the upcoming tvN drama “The Devil Judge”!

Set in an imaginary dystopian Korea, “The Devil Judge” aims to share a message about justice through a live broadcast courtroom show in which the entire nation participates in a trial. Is the judge Kang Yo Han (Ji Sung) a hero of the people, or a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Kang Yo Han is a head trial judge who wears legal robes in order to hunt down villains. He is the “devil judge” who wears the mask of the law and punishes the greedy and power-hungry through the courtroom show.

In a society where order has collapsed and the protests against the powerful are growing, the whole nation will become a jury and bring about a new form of justice. However, Kang Yo Han’s method of punishing evil is extremely accurate and firm that there are questions if he lacks humanity.

On June 3, the drama shared a first glimpse of Ji Sung as Kang Yo Han. Kang Yo Han exudes a very different vibe from a normal judge. In the first photo, he is holding a champagne glass while wearing a luxurious suit. The next photo depicts him smiling gently in a flashy robe as he turns into a star judge who is admired by everyone. Then the final still shows him raising a gun at someone with cold eyes. There is no doubt that he is one charismatic judge, but questions are mounting about whether he is actually a good person or a wolf hiding in sheep’s clothing

ji-sung-2.jpg

ji-sung-4.jpg

The drama’s producers praised Ji Sung for his unrivaled acting and shared that he is perfectly synchronized with his character. They added, “Fans can look forward to his new transformation, which will give the birth of an unprecedented character.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472791wpp/ji-sung-transforms-into-an-unparalleled-judge-who-seeks-to-punish-evil-in-the-devil-judge

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Watch: Ji Sung And GOT7’s Jinyoung Have Two Vastly Different Opinions About The Law In “The Devil Judge” Teaser

1b4de490781d4c17a483cb051f336252.jpeg?s=

Jun 4, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN has shared another teaser of the upcoming drama “The Devil Judge”!

Set in an imaginary dystopian Korea, “The Devil Judge” aims to share a message about justice through a live broadcast courtroom show in which the entire nation participates in a trial. Ji Sung will play Kang Yo Han, a head trial judge who wears legal robes in order to hunt down villains, and GOT7’s Jinyoung will play Kim Ga On, an associate trial judge who shines as the one ray of hope in a dystopian world.

The new teaser shows the two very different opinions of Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On. Kang Yo Han says, “Trials are games,” and Kim Ga On says, “Judges are the most powerful when they go by the law.” Kang Yo Han asks, “Isn’t this the justice you all want?” Kim Ga On firmly states, “No one can monopolize justice.”

The clip also depicts Kang Yo Han’s power and charisma and Kim Ga On’s unwillingness to yield to Kang Yo Han’s ways. Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On go head-to-head with each other and even get involved in a physical brawl.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472987wpp/watch-ji-sung-and-got7s-jinyoung-have-two-vastly-different-opinions-about-the-law-in-the-devil-judge-teaser

• Like 4

Ji Sung, GOT7’s Jinyoung, Kim Min Jung, And Park Gyu Young Are Entangled In Tense Relationships In “The Devil Judge”

65565f78f1c7455b8e5e2b4658b56fe6.jpeg?s=

Jun 11, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Devil Judge” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of the relationships between its characters!

“The Devil Judge” is a new drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung will star as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

On June 11, the upcoming drama released three striking new posters that hint at the tense dynamics between its four leads.

The first poster captures the conflict between judge Kang Yo Han and host Jung Sun Ah, his deceptively innocent-looking nemesis (played by Kim Min Jung). The only person capable of making Kang Yo Han break a sweat, Jung Sun Ah covers one of his eyes with her hand while commenting, “You’re still the same, I see? Not knowing your place and putting your hands on things that aren’t yours.”

Ji-Sung-Kim-Min-Jung.jpg

The second poster features Kang Yo Han facing off against Kim Ga On (GOT7’s Jinyoung), an associate judge who grows suspicious of the vicious head judge. Gazing fiercely into Kim Ga On’s eyes, Kang Yo Han declares, “Why don’t you choose? Whether you’ll block my way or stand by my side.”

Jinyoung-Ji-Sung.jpg

Spoiler

Jinyoung-Ji-Sung.jpg

Finally, the third poster spotlights the relationship between Kim Ga On and his longtime friend Yoon Soo Hyun (Park Gyu Young), a detective who has feelings for him. As she gazes wistfully at him, she reveals, “I didn’t like seeing that kid cry, so I confessed my feelings to him no less than five times.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474178wpp/ji-sung-got7s-jinyoung-kim-min-jung-and-park-gyu-young-are-entangled-in-tense-relationships-in-the-devil-judge

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Watch: Ji Sung And Kim Min Jung Are Ambitious Rivals In New Teaser For “The Devil Judge”

e3f1de0235714aaabbbe5b73ccc74e25.jpeg?s=

Jun 11, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN has given another preview of the new drama “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” is a new drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung will star as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions, and Kim Min Jung will take on the role of Jung Sun Ah, Kang Yo Han’s greatest rival and the executive director of a CSR (corporate social responsibility) foundation.

The teaser shows the thrilling relationship between the two characters as they face their own enemies, share a dance in the ballroom, and meet in private. The video begins with Jung Sun Ah’s calm and alluring voiceover saying, “The more you have, the more obvious and predictable things you like.” Then Kang Yo Han draws a firm line between them, saying, “You’re nothing but bait.” Unfazed, Jung Sun Ah comments, “We’re the same kind of people.” Kang Yo Han’s voiceover warns, “Do not attack me again,” and Jung Sun Ah’s voice says, “It’s fun.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474202wpp/watch-ji-sung-and-kim-min-jung-are-ambitious-rivals-in-new-teaser-for-the-devil-judge

Kim Min Jung Is Ji Sung’s Deceptively Charming Nemesis In A Dystopian Korea In “The Devil Judge”

e39caa15795e49ab85bb8f43e84cc03b.jpeg?s=

Jun 11, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Devil Judge” has shared its first glimpse of Kim Min Jung in her starring role!

“The Devil Judge” is set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung will star as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Kim Min Jung will star in the drama as Jung Sun Ah, Kang Yo Han’s powerful nemesis and the only person capable of making him break a sweat. As the executive director of a CSR (corporate social responsibility) foundation, Jung Sun Ah wields an incredible amount of power in the fictional world of “The Devil Judge,” and she uses her innate charm to control the power players of the political sphere.

Although Jung Sun Ah is a terrifyingly influential insider who sits at the top of the food chain, she appears on the surface to be a harmless, well-meaning do-gooder. Trusted and beloved by the public, she always wears a mask of composure that hides her inner feelings, and she never reveals what she’s really thinking.

The producers of the drama remarked, “As a character who controls the dystopian society [of ‘The Devil Judge’], Jung Sun Ah will become another axis of evil that is entirely different from Kang Yo Han. We hope that you will look forward to Kim Min Jung’s performance as Jung Sun Ah, which will deliver both thrills and suspense.”

Spoiler

Kim-Min-Jung.jpeg

Kim-Min-Jung-2.jpeg

Kim-Min-Jung-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474158wpp/kim-min-jung-is-ji-sungs-deceptively-charming-nemesis-in-a-dystopian-korea-in-the-devil-judge

• Like 4

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Devil Judge • 악마판사 - 3rd Teasers

My favourite part of poster BTS :D

This drama replaces Mine, and I'm hoping it will be a worthy successor! I'm stoked for this drama, the stills look great and the premise is just sizzling!!

:evillaugh:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

If you've watchd Beyond Evil. Another pairing.. similarto that of Jingoo and  shin ha kyun.

Jinyoung and Jisung

Uh huh Could be. something like that but Judge version..instead of police version :D

• Like 4

I saw the poster of Jisung and Jinyoung together and OMG!! @jongski another Beyond Evil pairing?!? YES PLEASEE

Thank you for all the updates everyone :cutekitty: I'm so excited for this drama! My favorite actor in this drama (Ji Sung) and another one of my favorite idol/younger actors too. :wub: 

Ji Sung is really good at picking his works so I bet he won't disappoint with this drama

• Like 3

Watch: Ji Sung And GOT7’s Jinyoung Affectionately Tease Each Other In Poster Filming For “The Devil Judge”

873461b29b4b4e329d814fd02999af01.jpeg?s=

Jun 11, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN has shared a behind-the-scenes look at the poster filming for “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” is a new drama set in an alternate dystopian Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show.

Asked to describe his character, Kang Yo Han, Ji Sung says, “He’s like a devil Batman. He has it all and he’s cool. I think the screenwriter got too greedy and gave him all sorts of appealing traits, so it’s very difficult to play him as an actor.”

Kim Min Jung plays Jung Sun Ah, Kang Yo Han’s greatest rival and the executive director of a CSR (corporate social responsibility) foundation. About the concept for her poster with Ji Sung, the actress said, “It shows what we think of the other. [Sun Ah] is above him and saying, ‘I have you in the palm of my hand.'” She adds, “Sun Ah and Yo Han are like twins of fate. Her true self isn’t revealed at first, so if you’re curious, please tune in!”

Ji Sung and GOT7’s Jinyoung share a playfully affectionate relationship on set, unlike their characters, who are in conflict. Jinyoung plays Kim Ga On, an associate judge to Kang Yo Han, who is a head judge. Ji Sung jokes that Jinyoung put a lot of effort into his appearance for the poster and teases, “It would be upsetting if I touched your hair, right?” Their poster has the two of them get right up in each other’s faces, and Ji Sung quips, “Closer! Like you’re leaning in for a kiss.” Jinyoung quips back, “‘The Devil Judge’ is actually a romance, right?”

Jinyoung also shows good chemistry with Park Gyu Young, who plays Kim Ga On’s longtime friend and police detective Yoon Soo Hyun. Park Gyu Young shares, “It’s really comfortable and fun to film with Jinyoung.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474274wpp/watch-ji-sung-and-got7s-jinyoung-affectionately-tease-each-other-in-poster-filming-for-the-devil-judge

• Like 3