[Drama 2021] The Devil Judge ⚖️ 악마판사

Maetawinz

3 minutes ago, lila21 said:

pfffffffttttttt, whole country??? 

Yup. She's the head of the Foundation being set up as the most powerful and influential entity in the country. Her goal has been to control the media, the Presidency, and the law.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Sun Ah’s obsession with Yo han is…….disturbing to say the least. She’s way more fixated on him than I thought she was. I don’t know what her motive is with Oh Jin Joo, but I hope she doesn’t succeed. While I do ship Oh Jin Joo and Yo han (probably just me lol), I don’t dare hope for anything between them. At the very least though, I want her to be on Yo han’s side because that man seriously lacks people he can completely trust in. Ga On doesn’t count (yet). He’s a “one step forward, two steps back” kinda guy. 

• Like 7
  • Blob 2

20 hours ago, noor1 said:

- Is the show trying to tell viewers that while a huge donation is being given to Stanford University to name a damn hall in Elijah's name and she is a brilliant student of computer engineering who got there on scholarship, BUT CAN'T GET HER LEGS/KNEES FIXED THROUGH SURGERY IN TEN WHOLE YEARS? 

Who believes that? I don't. It's fiction, but fiction should make sense too or are we supposed to keep our brains in freezer and just enjoy the visuals?!

Uh, there are a lot of very wealthy paralyzed people though.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Yes I like the teaser of episode 7  that a whistleblower kill the parent of Kim gaon, but I think that his the mentor that kill him.  I think he is the big guy not the maid.  My question for now that kim gaon is a doppelgänger or may son for know we don't know yet

50 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

Uh, there are a lot of very wealthy paralyzed people though.

yes but may be will more risk that she could die that why he doesn't operate with her, 

16 hours ago, Di_Ya said:

Maybe he doesn't want to go there at the time? Maybe meeting those people was a bit too much for him, even if it was his brother's big day. He also may be planning to met someone and don't want to be seen. Or maybe he simply doesn't believe in the church and the meaning of the ceremony? Or maybe he wasn't allowed to step inside? 

May be

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 7/18/2021 at 2:15 PM, noor1 said:

drama lacks substance and characters' actions are not logical. Best thing remains Ji Sung / Yo Han. 

Hi dear chingu, I agreed with your comment. This drama a bit lack of substance and with plot holes, and the paste was slow especially the early part except the twist plot shown at the end. Since this is like a batman comic series, I just accept whatever fictional role or plot they put up :) 

You mentioned there is no supportive for Yohan, in fact there are two so far : One Oh Jin-Joo (the junior judge), the other is always in the dark, his name is called "K", always helped him for running "errands" and "execute action" , etc...

I love the younger version of Jung Sun-A and Kang Yo-Han (both young actors are pretty and handsome)..

We will only see love and hate relationship (always eye to eye) between kang yohan and Jung Sun-A, and also Dynamic Duo (for Batman and Robin) between kang yohan and Kim Ga-On. The only romance line may be Kim Ga-On and Yoon Soo-Hyun.

@Maliah _ i am shipping  Oh Jin Joo and kang Yo han too , just for fun since this is like batman story. But this surely will not happen, because it is pretty clear that Yohan is only love himself more ,kekeke :loolz:

Anyone noticed the eye to eye close shots used very often in the scene, they need to put lots of makeup and eye drops when taking close shot to ensure perfect image ....:lol:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Wow standing ovation for Yo Han these past two episodes! First the counterattack to the “homework” that Sun Ah gave Yo Han and now the blow to all of the people part of the project, Kang Yo Han is just trying to take all of down in one blow! Now of course this whole reveal won’t really take down all of these powerful and corrupt people, but it’s a way to plant a seed and one step towards his revenge…

Anyone else enjoying the moments between Yo Han, Ga On and Elia? Well except for that one scene where Ga On took Elia to meet Soo Hyeon…Yeah I didn’t really like it that they were using her to get more information about Yo Han, although I wonder if Ga On’s true intention was for Elia to have an unnie? I don’t blame Yo Han for getting upset at Ga On and taking her without letting him (Yo Han) know. Elia is precious to Yo Han and the last thing from his Hyung that he must protect at all cost. (Also that whole thing about Sun Ah finding what Yo Han wants to protect and someone who is precious to him… Ugh DONT MESS WITH ELIA!!!!!) ANYWAYS, the scene where Ga On made food for them and Ga On and Elia falling asleep on the sofa, while Yo Han trying to not make a noise :joy: Oh my heart

I feel like with Yo Han and Ga On’s relationship, we take a few steps forward one episode and then the next episode, we take a few steps back. That’s how I felt while watching Episode 6. NOW given that Sun Ah is deliberately putting a crack between their relationship and feeding distrust… However, I know that we will see Ga On take Yo Han’s side when the time comes — someone mentioned that Ga On was given a choice a couple of times, to choose to side with Yo Han or not.. Hmm anyone else thinking that something like his parent’s incident and finding out that the foundation or one of the corrupt people in power is behind it, and that might be the triggering moment for Ga On to side with Yo Han? I know next episode we will touch upon Ga On’s parents but I feel like it’s too early in the drama for that moment to happen? I don’t know but we will see! Also I love the backstory that we got to see about Ga On! Looks like he wasn’t all a goody two-shoes when he was younger and has some past. I always love learning about character’s past and backstory so I hope we get to see more! (Anyone else went Awww when we found out that Soo Hyeon became an officer just because of Ga On :wub:)

For now, we see that Sun Ah is the one in control right now and trying to guide things the way she wants. That kiss scene though was totally unexpected and her being a maid at Yo Han’s house?? Even more so unexpected..

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

The style of acting of the actress playing Sun Ah is not working for me. I've seen her in Mr. Sunshine and she's acting the same way here, with languid movements, innocent/devilish facial expressions, tiny smirks. Her acting is overly sexual that does not have that much of a register, especially the scene when she had Yo Han kidnapped. So she's overly obsessed with Yo Han since she was a young maid at Yo Han's household. She's also a thief and a liar. From the housekeeper's perspective, Yo Han made Sun Ah jump from the window without any reason. But the reason was that Sun Ah tried to steal the necklace that belongs to his sister-in-law. And she's got the cabinet full of the things she stole from Yo Han's house.

Rookie judge continues to annoy, doing things without thinking. For a judge, he sure does not know that it is illegal to take a minor out without informing the guardian, more so bringing her to a police office who is bent on getting intel on Yo Han. He's plain stupid. He's so shameless, continuing to leech on Yo Han when he's fully healed.

Now we know part of the reason why the associate judge told the rookie judge to spy on Yo Han. But is that the real motive? It could be something bigger, with some powerful people backing him up. Most of them are just pawn pieces.

I am now at the stage where I'm enjoying the drama because of Ji Sung's acting.

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

The 4th episode just showed everyone took Yo Han lightly. For 2 consecutive episodes they thought they had him, and he turned the tables against them in both episodes, and the second one was a direct attack towards them. 

I still hope there is more to Sun ah character and she is not the obsessive character who still wants to just steal things she wants to. So she is the maid the who jumped down, not the person who caused it or Yo Han's classmate back then. 

Coming to Ga On and Soo Hyun, I am not really liking them. Yes, I have been saying this, but with each episode, I see no development happening and they getting worse actually. I initially thought Ga On to be a fresh graduate and must be in his early 20s, so was seeing him as an immature guy. But dude is 29 years old, he said during his break fast with Elijah and Yo Han that he was restaurant owner's son for 16 years and has been living alone for 13 years. Makes up 29 years in total. This makes things crazy for me. 

The whole scene of him taking Elijah outside also had me roll my eyes. Not because what followed, I already didn't like it, since you just can't take her outside without her guardian's permission. Especially when you know that someone had targeted her father, paid the detective investigating it and also knowing the foundation guys are the one who paid it so they could be after Yo Han too. Forgetting all that, he didn't even inform the housekeeper or Yo Han about it, forget about the permission. Now I don't really know how Yo Han found them though, still a mystery for me. Did he install location tracking app in her mobile, or did his assistant find her?

Talking about Soo Hyun, she is yet to do one bit of investigation properly and by book. Now suddenly she is obsessed with getting Yo Han and investigate the whole church fire case with Yo Han as culprit in her mind, despite Ga On bringing up doubts on Yo Han being the culprit. And I don't know why she is hell bent on it and not seeing other options, especially after knowing it was the foundation who paid that old detective and not Yo Han. Coming back to her, she went to the interior dude in the 3rd episode without any warrant, and now was interrogating a minor without her legal guardian. Which is just crazy, she could lose her badge for doing it. For now, I am finding it hard to like either of them here. 

It was also funny to see Ga On tell Ya Hon "Not to jump to conclusions", while the dude has been doing it himself for 6 episodes. Just when I thought Ga On has started thinking, he just stopped it. He is living rent free in that mansion and continues to do whatever he wants to right now. Lucky to have avoided being beaten by Yo Han when he punched him too. 

It is also interesting how Sun ah is now targeting the ones around Yo Han. She clearly knows how easy it is to manipulate Ga On and was able to do it quite easily. I am suspecting the Prof. here, I find him too shady and wouldn't really be shocked if he is with Sun ah in the same team. He has been pointing his fingers towards Yo Han for sometime now and let's not forget he was the first one to put Ga On in playing the spy. Also Sun Ah is working on the female judge, so I see we might see the Yo Han having some big differences of opinions within his team. Sun Ah sure knows how to play manipulation game. 

While I do understand Ga On thinking it was Yo Han who attacked Soo Hyun since she was investigating him, he still does not understand that doing so would point everything towards Yo Han. From what I see, Ga On reacts very fast. He does not confront when he should and lets his actions speak. But then again, I do understand him being suspicious of Yo Han here, but the way he reacted was not the right way. I wonder how much longer Yo Han will tolerate him before losing it all. 

Coming to Yo Han, I honestly feel like the whole paying that whistleblower was a bait he threw towards the bad guys and was waiting for them to catch it. It backfired big time, and now they are all under suspicion. Yo Han used the public's trust in him in a very smart manner. So while I think they had troubled him during the previous trial, in this one, I think Yo Han was controlling the whole situation. That's why he warned Cha Kyung Hee too. 

Why do I feel like Sun ah having Yo Han's cross will get him in the coming episodes. I wouldn't be shocked if police finds it near a dead body and Yo Han becoming a murder suspect because of it. Sun Ah is more than capable of doing it.

Next episode seems interesting, they will deal with Ga On's parent's death. Looking forward to it. And I really hope, Ga On does have some proper character development. Seeing him do the same thing again and again is becoming annoying for me. I liked how Yo Han pointed out "That is your problem" when Ga On asked him "How can I trust you" after the whole Soo Hyun incident. Ga On still has trust issues with Yo Han. From what I see and think, Yo Han is not the type of person to explain himself, and does not really care what others think about him. I think he wants Ga On to trust him, but does not want to make him trust him, but wants Ga On to do it himself. That's why I hardly see Yo Han really explaining himself. For now, I just like many Chingus here see him as the lone wolf. He can't really trust anyone (except for his assistant maybe) and everyone sees him either as murderer, monster, devil or just continue to be suspicious of him. I am yet to see one person who actually believes in him. Let's see whether Yo Han and Ga On will stand with each other or against each other in the coming episodes.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

also Dynamic Duo (for Batman and Robin) between kang yohan and Kim Ga-On.

I can see Kang Yo-Han as Batman somewhat, but when Robin was... a clueless guy as Kim Ga-On? He doesn't qualify as  Robin. Bring Oh Jin-Joo, she's a better candidate. 

4 hours ago, ferily said:

I don’t blame Yo Han for getting upset at Ga On and taking her without letting him (Yo Han) know.

Kang Yo-Han is a manipulative person, I wonder if Kim Ga-On's actions in those past two episodes don't feel like a personal attack on against Kang Yo-Han.

First 'Judge Kim' makes him lost his cool, then tries to gain trust of people around Kang Yo-Han, then lure him into a false sense of security/understanding, then use his niece against him. And when his friend was attacked Kim Ga-On physically attack a person (with abusive past) without evidence. 

If someone asks me, I'll cheer for Kang Yo-Han to squeeze every single drop of pain from Kim Ga-Han in the next episode. That guy needs to finally see how nice of a feeling is when someone turns your own family against you and into weapon. Hold tight, Kim Ga-On, pay back is coming!

(I'm upset with him, still not regretting it. Mostly.)

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

The style of acting of the actress playing Sun Ah is not working for me.

Yeah, it's over the board. Didn't watch "Mr. Sunshine", but the act in this drama feels unnatural somehow, and not in the meaning that she's use it to mask her true role.

Does anyone noticed that Kang Yo-Han didn't included her on the list? He's still underestimating her importance in the foundation, probably seeing the neckless as a petty theft instead of something which can potentially serves as a weapon. Before I'd bet it was intentional, now... 

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

I am now at the stage where I'm enjoying the drama because of Ji Sung's acting.

It feels like his keeping this drama going. Not in effort put in playing, because everyone is working hard, but... as a character that's keep viewers coming back. Wondering how long it'll be enough.

Also, he's suggestive glances or moments with other characters feels like he's portraying slightly different version of Kang Yo-Han than the script tries to force out. Better in my opinion, more intriguing. 

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I wonder how much longer Yo Han will tolerate him before losing it all. 

I think he already lost patient. Bringing Kim Ga-On parent's case is his version of showing a 'middle finger' but more skillfully delivered. Can't say it's uncalled for after what happened in the sixth episode. 

Edited by Di_Ya
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Di_Ya said:

If someone asks me, I'll cheer for Kang Yo-Han to squeeze every single drop of pain from Kim Ga-Han in the next episode. That guy needs to finally see how nice of a feeling is when someone turns your own family against you and into weapon. Hold tight, Kim Ga-On, pay back is coming!

(I'm upset with him, still not regretting it. Mostly.)

I can understand your frustrations with Gaon, truly I empathise with them. Gaon's current behaviour  do not merit a place in Yohan's court nor manor. However, Gaon is in both places for a reason. Yohan sought him out not only because he looks like Isaac's doppelgänger, but that is not all there is to Gaon. Yohan knows that Gaon is suspecting him, clearly the younger guy does not hide any of his emotions (which barely pass as thoughts). 

Yet Gaon remains in the house and the court, Yohan just asks Gaon to pick a side, which is reasonable. He can't keep flipflopping uselessly like Magikarp. However, I don't think Yohan would destroy Gaon - already we see the two of them getting along: their looks, Yohan eats Gaon's homemade food (even if he proclaims he has no taste), and the way he keeps letting Gaon off in a series of accusing events: the insulting dinner, claiming he killed his brother, snooping around, and most lately: when he just brings Elijah outside to his detective friend. 

Nothing has happened to Gaon - almost as if he is untouchable. Yohan seems to yearn for Gaon to be on his side, but he is not someone who will explain himself, his plans and actions and motivations. It must be from his childhood on that he kept everything inside - the only one who he could trust was Isaac. But everyone else either abused him or pointed fingers at him. No wonder that he became independent. Clearly he is used to operating on his own, apart from one associate. But Gaon has a long, long way to go before he comes Robin to Yohan's Batman. 

However, I do think that Gaon and Yohan will team up. Already Gaon becomes sympathetic to Yohan and his - albeit nebulous - cause. He was the one who noticed that Elijah was uncomfortable with Detective's straightshooting accusations/questions, saying how Yohan's action could have been for her benefit, rather than malignant intentions. 

3 hours ago, Di_Ya said:

I think he already lost patient. Bringing Kim Ga-On parent's case is his version of showing a 'middle finger' but more skillfully delivered. Can't say it's uncalled for after what happened in the sixth episode. 

I don't think he lost his patience with Gaon yet. The case of Gaon's parents probably has to do with their shared connection/past, so it's just another step in Yohan's plan.

Yohan already knew all about Gaon's parents, selecting Gaon as judge from other potential candidates. 

3 hours ago, Di_Ya said:

Yeah, it's over the board. Didn't watch "Mr. Sunshine", but the act in this drama feels unnatural somehow, and not in the meaning that she's use it to mask her true role.

Sunah is supposed to come across unhinged/crazy. I think she did a good job. She has an unhealthy obsession with Yohan, rooted in her own childhood. I suspect that she gained the upper hand working in the shadows, gaining secrets just like stealing stuff, while working for other rich people, too. Which is how she managed to become top dog at the foundation. But even Minister Cha suspects now that the useless Chairman is not the actual power of the Foundation. It's just a matter of time until Yohan finds out, and really, he should have recognised Sunah as the maid who had a crush on him - she didn't even change her name! - and they interacted a few times before her reveal, too. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, agenth said:

However, Gaon is in both places for a reason.

My brain knows that. What you've written is all true, but this less logical part of me just... can't. Kim Ga-On is written so inconsistently. He doesn't have a reason (something that every character should have in a good script, even if it change, it should be something that define them - Kim Ga-On's isn't either strong or visible, if there is truly any reason at all), instead of being a reliable character (was is you who said he's 29?) he makes everyone annoying. And I honestly don't think it's the way he should be as an inexperienced character that's still learning. 

But I know there is a reason inside and outside of the script that he needs to be there to move the plot. Still even without him there are ways to move it, so he's a bit unnecessary, maybe? 

1 hour ago, agenth said:

But Gaon has a long, long way to go before he comes Robin to Yohan's Batman. 

He does. He truly does. 

I don't think that Kang Yo-Han wants to harm him, permanently at least, but giving Kim Ga-On his own medicine, sniffing around one's family and use them as a mean to get what he wants isn't nice. But Kim Ga-On doesn't even use the info and try to decide where he stands, it's a waste on everyone's time.

(Or it's me projecting the need to get under Kim Ga-On's skin, or shake him to get into his senses as a judge). 

1 hour ago, agenth said:

He was the one who noticed that Elijah was uncomfortable with Detective's straightshooting accusations/questions, saying how Yohan's action could have been for her benefit, rather than malignant intentions. 

He was the one who brought Elijah there, so not necessary see it as anything positive. Also, he brought a detective (not a friend, Soo Hyun wasn't there as one from what I understand) to the suspects family, what did he expect? Drinking juice and joking? 

1 hour ago, agenth said:

The case of Gaon's parents probably has to do with their shared connection/past, so it's just another step in Yohan's plan.

Too much of a coincident. Even Kang Yo-Han can get annoyed by someone who's not showing any progress, also he may be simply hurt and wants to just push back. 

And if that helps his plan, why not?

1 hour ago, agenth said:

Sunah is supposed to come across unhinged/crazy

It's more mannerism than the behavior per se. Being crazy and obsessive doesn't exactly entitle the way she generally moves, how she uses gesture around people. It feels a bit over done...?

Edited by Di_Ya
  • Like 5
  • Blob 1

@agenth, @Di_Ya Chingus, what I think is that the next case will actually bring Ga On and Yo Han closer. Of course we are yet to know how Ga On's parents died, but we sure know that it is something that Ga On is still not over yet. So I do understand him getting triggered on his parents' case being used in the live trial, and Ga On would see it as Yo Han using his parents' death as a means to get he what he wants, use their death in order to achieve his revenge. But while being angry and suspecting Yo Han for the same, he will realize he was actually wrong in jumping to conclusions again. 

1 hour ago, Di_Ya said:

He was the one who brought Elijah there, so not necessary see it as anything positive. Also, he brought a detective (not a friend, Soo Hyun wasn't there as one from what I understand) to the suspects family, what did he expect? Drinking juice and joking? 

I don't think it was part of the plan for Soo Hyun to start questioning yet. What I feel is, their plan for Soo Hyun and Elijah getting closer and then later on Soo Hyun going for the question. The main reason Elijah mentioned it to Ga On was because they have become closer and she can trust him. It was a secret she never told anyone about, and now suddenly a detective asking her that out of blue is of course something she would not be comfortable with answering to. 

So I believe while their plan was to take things slower, make them friends and Soo Hyun would ask it, Soo Hyun ruined it all by being impatient. Or maybe, let's just give Ga On benefit of doubt, but, if Ga On didn't really think Yo Han had a hand in the fire incident, he wouldn't really mention it to Soo Hyun in the first place. So I will incline to the fact that they had plans to take things slow, but Soo Hyun was just too impatient. 

Still, it does not take away the fact that Ga On was wrong in taking Elijah out without informing anyone, not even the housekeeper. 

Chingus, the poll for ep 5 and 6 is up.  Please don't forget to vote :heartxoxo:

Tagging: @larus, @backstreetboysfan, @Maetawinz, @ferily, @ponderings, @LeftCoastOppa, @qynn, @admonike, @noor1, @andy78, @tulip06, @marrez1, @Ameera Ali, @taekwang, @Di_Ya, @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr, @Madu Mita, @lebeaucouple, @Mic gon, @lilyphenix, @blademan, @Runa Chatterjee, @lila21, @smhelen, @mystic62, @rocher22, @Thong Thin, @Alice_Mady, @blue003, @ammu82, @Maliah, @KY L, @Kvothe, @reddragon

re: @Lmangla, @partyon, @agenth, @confusedheart326

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

25 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But while being angry and suspecting Yo Han for the same, he will realize he was actually wrong in jumping to conclusions again. 

At this point I can only hope you're right and it'll be the defining point for Kim Ga-On. But honestly, he maybe also strike back and this time the damage will be hard to fix. 

29 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I don't think it was part of the plan for Soo Hyun to start questioning yet.

I don't think they were at sync this time, even discussed the meeting in terms what they expect from it, trusting the other to understand the meaning. It didn't work from both sides, not only Soo Hyun. 

That poll was hard, so many plausible answers regarding Jung Sun-A's future actions.

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I don't think it was part of the plan for Soo Hyun to start questioning yet.

Just my opinion, but the fact it took all of 2 seconds before Ga On started playing good cop to Soo Hyun's bad cop makes me think it was the plan. For him to take Ga On without getting anyone's permission or even inform anyone simply to have her meet Soo Hyun so that she can have a female friend seems...naive.

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

Liked Ep. 6: Totally agree with everyone's views on it here. 

- Let the blood bath begin! Cool move, and it will help create division amongst the tight-knit group of those 5 elites, creating doubts in the mind of the public. It can also lead to Yo Han losing his credibility by showing some planted / faulty evidence given to him by Jin Joo or someone else. So an exciting gamble and point of no return.  

-@lebeaucouple'Seeds' have been put in Jin Joo's mind, she is starting to be agitated with being second lead / not in boys club / recognized, even though she works harder than guys, well, the co-associate judge Go An! It will be interesting if she double-crosses Yo Han or stays a loyal, honest judge. 

- Like @Sleepy Owl, I have a problem with the detective's role. All detectives (of RIU etc.) have partners and departments, but this one is roaming all over town checking out evidence in 10 year old fires, bomb explosions, in-trial witness tampering and the laughable 'chain of evidence' she tried to sell to her boss - as well as talking to minors! What is her job description exactly? And who trained her? This is not the behavior of 'cum laude' academy recruits.  

- Loved the way Elijah and Yo Han are protective of each other, and really liked the breakfast scene. Go An is good at something, it seems....

- Did not like his punching Yo Han (and succeeding in punching).    

- Who is Elijah's mother? Did the woman next to Isaac survive? Who was she? Elijah mentions her father's death / 'accident' / 'murder' quite a lot, but not the mother's..... plus, even Yo Han had a picture of just the 2 of them in a book, no Isaac 'family' picture. 

- The nanny showed more emotion when the young maid / Sun Ah fell than she has for any member of the family whom she has served all her life.......They are either related or she knows something / someone from Sun Ah's past that/who can be used against Sun Ah. 

- Just as all of you at the forum, I also did not like the way Go An and that detective took Elijah out and spoke to her. It was such a breach of Yo Han's space and security, frankly, that these 2 entitled strangers think they can just grab a minor and pry against Yo Han!

- @Sleepy Owlmaybe Yo Han has a tracker in her wheelchair? (don't eye roll! ;) )

- I think Elijah can walk now, but hasn't told / shown anyone because she threatened Yo Han that she'll 'kill him the day she can walk', and of course she actually cares about him, so hasn't shown it, plus maybe it's her way to guilt-trip Yo Han about the fire. 

- @qynn@Kvothe @Mic gon Elijah does not have spinal cord injuries: permanent spinal cord injury paralyzes a person completely (bed ridden for life, with deteriorating organs and breathing problems); temporary paralysis is fixed in months or a year or two of hospital care. Elijah has no physical therapist, no doctor, no health care visits, no medicines, no rehabilitative care. She is a perfectly fine girl, who looks fantastic, dresses herself before the nanny arrives and is not missing classes because of pain or breathing / eating issues. Her legs / knee joints are the problem - or maybe it's just psychological trauma / PTSD or she recovered and is now acting.  

All I'm saying is that it is not believable that scion / heiress/ grand daughter from one of the richest families in korea (and you have to be a vanderbilt / rockefeller to fund a hall's name at one of the top 5 universities in the world) is in a wheel chair without cause (no one has said why she can't walk, nor mentioned any treatments, hell, today patients are trying experimental 'AI' brain cell activation, so why nothing is done for her in dystopian korea?), just because the drama writer wrote it to be so, and viewers are supposed to take it as it is. I think the drama is trying to sell handicap or suicide as a sign of victimhood - it isn't.

- The SC judge looks suspicious but I think he's an honest by-the-book person, he even threatened Go An to mend his ways or they'll go commit suicide together at his parents grave, so he may even turn out to be a relative / father-figure/ guardian. Someone has to rebuild the judiciary after Yo Han's judicial activism / media trials end with breakdown of trust in all existing institutions, and it will be him.   

- I see Yo Han being 'presumed dead' at the end of the series, running an animal shelter in some woods, giving him peace and anonymity. The house will burn down (and this time Yo Han will be able to save 'Isaac' lookalike). Elijah will go abroad for higher studies and maybe carry a torch for Go An. Unless Sun Ah is involved in murder, she'll be sipping expensive wine with scammed cash at some foreign beach. The rest are all going to prison.   

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 3

37 minutes ago, noor1 said:

- Who is Elijah's mother? Did the woman next to Isaac survive? Who was she?

I'm thinking this part is connected to Oh Jin-Joo (female judge) and be explored more in the second half, giving us more insights into the situation of who Isaac was and what he was doing. 

39 minutes ago, noor1 said:

They are either related or she knows something / someone from Sun Ah's past that/who can be used against Sun Ah.

I'm betting on the fact that she's Kang Yo-Han's mother and now she tries to punish her son for being evil, guilty and angry, and also scared for rise a man like him. I think their relationship is complex and deeper than we can see now. 

(Horrible thought what if Kang Yo-Han and Jung Sun-A are twins?! :sweats: )

(Love those emojis!)

43 minutes ago, noor1 said:

I see Yo Han being 'presumed dead' at the end of the series, running an animal shelter in some woods, giving him peace and anonymity. (...)

He might go into prison for his misuse of a court institution and the whole juristic system, or actually for being involved in something else to happen later. 

But it's nice picture. Add Oh Jin-Joo at his side (shipper here, hi!) and I've got nothing to add. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Kvothe said:

Just my opinion, but the fact it took all of 2 seconds before Ga On started playing good cop to Soo Hyun's bad cop makes me think it was the plan. For him to take Ga On without getting anyone's permission or even inform anyone simply to have her meet Soo Hyun so that she can have a female friend seems...naive.

Well, that's why I think also suspect it was a plan. Although I thought that Soo Hyun was the impatient there and started her questions. But then again, I see you have a point here and I wouldn't really be shocked if they had planned it all. 

1 hour ago, Di_Ya said:

At this point I can only hope you're right and it'll be the defining point for Kim Ga-On. But honestly, he maybe also strike back and this time the damage will be hard to fix. 

My main problem with Ga On is the fact that he is judging Yo Han based on the things others have said to him. Yo Han still didn't do anything against him. It has always been Ga On who went after Yo Han, although what he got in return wasn't always a kind thing. He did it during the lunch and lost his mind on Yo Han doing the same to him. Now he punched him, and in return got to see how sharp those German scissors are. I just can't help but think they are related, or Ga On is part of his big plan, otherwise I don't think anyone would tolerate a subordinate like that in their team, let alone allowing them live under the same roof. 

38 minutes ago, noor1 said:

- Like @Sleepy Owl, I have a problem with the detective's role. All detectives (of RIU etc.) have partners and departments, but this one is roaming all over town checking out evidence in 10 year old fires, bomb explosions, in-trial witness tampering and the laughable 'chain of evidence' she tried to sell to her boss - as well as talking to minors! What is her job description exactly? And who trained her? This is not the behavior of 'cum laude' academy recruits.  

Oh Chingu, its great that you mentioned it since I forgot that point. Most of the detective we have seen so far work in team of 2, so she must be having a partner but still prefers to go the "Lone Wolf" way only to knocked out like that. I had said I see a death flag over her head, and I still see it. She is too reckless, and does not really think during the investigation. 

I don't really care about who trained her, I want to know who brought her in RIU :loolz:

42 minutes ago, noor1 said:

- Just as all of you at the forum, I also did not like the way Go An and that detective took Elijah out and spoke to her. It was such a breach of Yo Han's space and security, frankly, that these 2 entitled strangers think they can just grab a minor and pry against Yo Han!

The more I think about it, more I understand Yo Han acting that way. He had all reasons to be that much angry. Seeing how smart Elijah is, I feel that even she understood what Ga On and Soo Hyun were upto. As soon as Soo Hyun asked it, Elijah was clearly uncomfortable but she still continued. 6 episodes and we are yet to see them do things properly without foul play :isannoyed:

44 minutes ago, noor1 said:

- @Sleepy Owlmaybe Yo Han has a tracker in her wheelchair? (don't eye roll! ;) )

First when I saw it, I thought Yo Han's assistant must have informed him about it. Still, I think it would be better if they actually explain it. 

45 minutes ago, noor1 said:

- The SC judge looks suspicious but I think he's an honest by-the-book person, he even threatened Go An to mend his ways or they'll go commit suicide together at his parents grave, so he may even turn out to be a relative / father-figure/ guardian. Someone has to rebuild the judiciary after Yo Han's judicial activism / media trials end with breakdown of trust in all existing institutions, and it will be him.   

Why I find him suspicious is because of the fact that he has been pointing finger towards Yo Han since the start and pushing Ga On to do the spy work. He already planted the seeds of doubt when Ga On didn't even meet Yo Han. Even in this one bike chase, we know it was Sun Ah plans, and the mentor didn't even blink an eye before pointing his fingers towards Yo Han again being suspicious of him. 

Maybe he really is the by the book guy and I am overthinking, but from what I have seen, such guys always turn out to be the bad ones. He sure could be the good guy in the past, but a man can turn ambitious anytime. Just like Yo Han said, "All Human Beings are equal, in front of greed".

49 minutes ago, noor1 said:

- I think Elijah can walk now, but hasn't told / shown anyone because she threatened Yo Han that she'll 'kill him the day she can walk', and of course she actually cares about him, so hasn't shown it, plus maybe it's her way to guilt-trip Yo Han about the fire. 

This is an interesting theory actually. Yo Han and Elijah do depend on each other and care of each other too. Yes, Elijah is suspicious of him, but deep down I feel she knows that Yo Han wouldn't do it. I liked the scene where she was worried about him not being at home during night time. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1