[Drama 2021] The Devil Judge ⚖️ 악마판사

Maetawinz

On 7/13/2021 at 1:27 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

Cha Kyung-Hee is going to be out for blood after her sons flogging. I did enjoy the way she tried to turn the tables at the last moment, and even though her plan didn't work, it does show she is an intelligent villain who will not be an easy corner.

@LeftCoastOppaI apologize for my underestimation of Minister Cha. You are right, she came back with surprise left hook and got stronger than before . She acted as a victim and used her son's flogging, Yo Han's sentencing against Yo Han. I think though that it was Sun A who gave her the idea and used the media to manipulate peoples' opinions to her advantage. 

I am loving how this drama is becoming a psychological mental manipulation game between the players ALA “Chief of Staff”. I am waiting for subs but there are a few scenes that drew my attention.  

First is the electronic butler. Was it/he ever given a name? It/he is funny. Butler “Master Gaon left a message”. Gaon’s message “if you skip meals, it will give you wrinkles”. Yohan “What wrinkles is he talking about”. Butler “wrinkles: folds in the skin/ etc” LOL. Yohan “Master Gaon? Did you get another owner?” Hahaha. We have a comic relief. 

Before the opening scenes of episode 5, there is a written message from the drama production “the cathedral scene broadcasted on the 11th was not intended to portray a specific person as villain, and we apologize to the firefighters and viewers who felt uncomfortable throughout this scene”. I don’t think that scene contributed to the plot in the story since it did not enhance the protagonist's story/his character or the story itself. Instead it upset viewers and must have angered a lot of firefighters and emergency first responders. 

Back to episode 5. There are scenes in this episode which I think demonstrates the brilliance of Ji Sung as an actor. There were no conversations, just pure demonstration of emotions. One was the opening scene when he was half awake from a dream of himself looking at flames surrounding an image of his brother. There was naked pain in his face and maybe self-blame for not being able to save his brother even though he couldn’t because the building collapsed before he could return to save him. I think that is one of the main drivers of his character the “angst of guilt” for not being able to save his brother but more relevantly, “guilt” was inculcated/anchored in his state of mind as he was blamed since birth for the blunders/sins of his father even though he was ever innocent. His face of pain and helplessness was heartbreaking. 

The second time was midpoint of the episode when Yo Han was in his study. After a short conversation with Gaon, he was left alone. He was imagining himself as the young boy in the balcony overlooking the study that once belonged to his father. He saw his father enter and call “come here”. He saw his father put on the gloves as he picked up a thin metal and himself removing his shirt to present his wounded back for flogging and here is where the scene changed. I think this change is significant in the progress of the character. In a past episodes, in the same scenario, Isaac, stopped his father from the flogging by grabbing his father’s wrist holding the stick and said “father, don’t do it”. But in this scenario, in Yo Han’s mind, he changes the narrative by putting himself as an adult strongly holding his father’s arm, and in his mind saying, “no more”. I love that scene for in that moment he changed his state of mind, from being guilt ridden and helplessness to being self-assured, confident and fearless, like a phoenix rising from the ashes of his brutal childhood abuse. As tears stream down from Yo Han’s cheeks with a smile of confidence, he closes his eyes as if saying "this is the grown up me, the real me.” I cried and cheered at that scene, I shook my fists as a shouted “yes”!!! Thumbs up to the actor who expressed that scene beautifully. We shall see what changes will come for the character, if he moves on without succumbing to his emotional past.  

I think that maybe that is what Judge Min is hoping for when he sent Gaon to "monitor" Yohan, not to be his enemy but be his conscience even if annoying and change from veangeance to justice. I think though that the change in Yo Han's state of mind from his childhood memories to adult responsibility will change Gaon's role from a fledgling guide to a student. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

Ok, I'm freshly after watching the fifth episode and I can only say: WT...?! 

They made this 180 degree flip (they basically switched the main leads personalities in the first half - don't know what to think about this one yet), then ended it like that (I'm more shocked they actually went into the route that I've thought they may than the fact there was something between them in the past). 

In the middle was the controversial case of sex offender (a brilliant move, giving him a case with not a good way out - yet he made it) and the fabricated flogging aftermath, which probably where also made to shake Minister Cha in her resolve to not back down and still be useful (to people who maybe be more experience, where they really fake?).

And that swap of personalities... Ugh, it was pretty cheap to put Kim Ga-On back to the game (viewers started to be upset with him and it's a no-no), or they switched tactic in the middle without reason, clues, just for the effect - please don't be this one). He's still recovering from the explosion, but his relationship is ten steps further than in previous episode. It feels rushed to move them to the certain points without building the right amount of... trust? Work? Affection? 

Also the ending, does that mean that Jung Sun-A is the maiden who fell from the window? That's... wow, that would actually be fitting the little theory I have about they connection and what I-ve thought about it. 

Also, isn't it a bit sudden, the confrontation, should it be around eighth episode? Odt does it mean that Jung Sun-A isn't the ultimate villain of this story and they actually end up as allies, taking down the foundation (that guy with the cane who's part of the elite is the only one we're still in the dark mostly)? 

Let's see how the next episode will be. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

I actually liked the 5th episode. There was some development in Ga On's character. He finally did some thinking, and came to conclusion that if someone paid the old detective to open a restaurant and clear his debts, it got to be someone else other than Yo Han as he wouldn't really be that powerful to do so. It was a good guess by him thinking it should have been the foundation instead. 

While Yo Han was wondering who was behind Cha Kyung Hee's counter attack, I am sure he knew it was Sun Ah when he saw her in the court. While the prosecution, Cha Kyung Hee and Sun Ah must have thought they had Yo Han in their hands during this case, he very cleverly got away turning the tides to his favor. Yes, the prosecution must have got some credits for this from the public, but Yo Han would have received a lot more since he came up with a better punishment. Well I did know that things wouldn't really be that easy for Yo Han and he wouldn't always get the cases he wanted to. 

The funniest part was Ga On's dream though :loolz:

By the looks of it Soo Hyun will be in danger in today's episode. Of course it will not be happening this soon, but I still see a death flag over her head. 

Yo Han is suffering a lot living in that house. I think he plans to leave this place when everything ends. His study is the same place where his dad used to beat him up. Ji Sung never fails to impress me with his acting. He was great in both the opening scene and also the one where he saw his father beating him. The more I see, the more it is becoming evident that Yo Han didn't kill his brother. He is still suffering with the trauma of that day, and I think it must be because he couldn't save him like he promised to. Also the dialogue he shared with Elijah saying "Of course, if I am really the one who killed that someone" when she said he must be seeing someone he killed.

As for Elijah, I think she does not completely believe that Yo Han killed her father. She sure suspects him, but deep down she knows it is otherwise. I wouldn't really be shocked if it was the nanny/house keeper who sowed the seeds of doubt in her. Things are not really good between her and Yo Han. We see how she is not supposed to stay after evening or Yo Han does not eat food cooked by her. 

Coming to Sun Ah, I don't think she is the one maid who killed herself for Yo Han. I think she is the one who pushed that young maid actually. We still don't know what exactly is their relationship here and why is she going against Yo Han and also what does she really want. How she kidnapped Yo Han just to show him how much she is obsessed with him and also show who she really is? She is playing with Yo Han too, and let's see how he will responding to her tricks. He did manage to handle the case, but had a hard time doing it. He surely knew he was caught in a tricky situation in the first hearing itself. 

Talking about the Prof. here, we see that he knows Ga On for a long time and they go back to his high school days by the looks of it, and also knew his parents. This does explain why he trusts him that much, but it still does not explain why he put Ga On upto this task. 2 people so far have already told Ga On that he needs to choose sides. Yo Han and this guy. Let's see who Ga On will choose. I still suspect the Prof. here and don't really think he is the good guy Ga On thinks he is. 

It is good that Ga On is doing some thinking now, like as I said it took him time, but he deduced that foundation were behind the old detective getting money, which I think also means he must be suspecting Sun Ah since she guided him in suspecting Yo Han. Does he still suspect Yo Han? Yes. But I hope he will not jump to conclusions. Plus he does seem to be sharp and observant at times, just like he observed the bike and knew it can't really be a delivery person's one. I think this is the one same which Sun Ah's female informant is using, the one who knocked down Yo Han in the final scene. 

Looking forward to tonight's episode. Hopefully it will be better than the previous ones :piggydance: 

PS: Looks like Ga On will continue living in Yo Han's mansion rent free now that he has allowed him to stay too :joy:

PS2: Also I think everything in this drama is happening somewhere in or after 2025, since as per the Stanford website that Ga On checked, Elijah Hall was built in 2025.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, mystic62 said:

Something tells me that the chief judge might had known Isaac in the past and encountered his doppelgänger as a rebellious high schooler  then set him up to take down Yo-Han who is believe to be a monster in disguise.  For whatever the reasons, he hated the judge.

It's also possible that he's part of the accident and is afraid that Kang Yo-Han goes after him. He's a genuine mentor to Kim Ga-On, I think, but he may use him against Kahn Yo-Han as a mean to defend himself. That kind of betrayal maybe an eye opening for Kim Ga-On. He doesn't strike me as a person without something to hide and it's nothing good (or I'm biased because he's played by an actor lately plays this kind of roles...).

18 hours ago, Mic gon said:

But why Kang yo was out side the gate on the Cburch why  he is the brother and he suppose to be inside like issac.

Maybe he doesn't want to go there at the time? Maybe meeting those people was a bit too much for him, even if it was his brother's big day. He also may be planning to met someone and don't want to be seen. Or maybe he simply doesn't believe in the church and the meaning of the ceremony? Or maybe he wasn't allowed to step inside? 

12 hours ago, blue003 said:

By the way, does anyone get a vibe that maybe Isaac is not that great of a brother?  Maybe it was his plan to burn the church but something went wrong?

He maybe not the best person (the environment wasn't the one the rise honest, compaction people on the outside), but he was probably a good brother (or a bad brother, but the father was the nice guy), because Kang Yo-Han isn't a person who was rised without affection. It can be the part of nanny's influence, so he's now so bitter about her (here flies my theory they played Kim Ga-On, straight into the sundown). There was something that thought him positive emotion he's now craving. The first crush? Brother's affection? Niece innocent love? Someone was the that save his humanity (the ability to feel and to be affected by the other feelings - I'm betting Isaac because he reacts too strongly towards Kim Ga-On, or it was the indifference, needs to impress, and now he craving it for Kim Ga-On, like during the trial against the actor?). 

5 hours ago, ferily said:

Ga On making a difference 

Isn't it too fast? It's nice to see them like this, but it still feels, idk, like too much? They build they walls pretty thick, can he step in and break them in a few days, and left the ruins so clean? 

5 hours ago, noor1 said:

- Elijah 'worked' with Yo Han to find an appropriate prison, but keeps on accusing him of being her parents' killer - what's up with that?

That one. It makes me wondering too. Human soul is complex and can be a lot of thing at the same time, but while telling a story it needs to make sense, not just use some random facts to them together at the end then just leave. 

Should also Elijah be a successor now? As an only legal family member that's alive? Or they faked the register and put Kang Yo-Han there (as 'taking care of things' mentioned during the gala)?

5 hours ago, noor1 said:

Trusting strangers over the guy she has known all her life is nonsensical - especially in dystopian korea!

It makes sense psychologically. He's living with the murder (to whom she's snappish, yet wasn't punished at all, try that with your grandpa...), in the society that's controlled by people who helped cover that event. When else could she go as no tot the stranger with her father's face openly disapproving Kang Yo-Han's actions? 

(Also the cat likes him, which is also important factor, believe it or not.)

5 hours ago, noor1 said:

His invincibility is cracking and I don't know why he doesn't have a plan to get to SRF and others before they strike. Why hasn't he built more undercover people? He has zero support system, and he should know better than anyone that a pack of wolves is always better than a lone one.

Simple answer it that it would be as dramatic and would give Kim Ga-On and Jung Sun-A the advantage. Outside of script-wide reasons, he probably wasn't prepare for strike of unknown origin. People always back off of him, because he was a monster, they were scared, they simply give him his way, because... well, people avoid fighting with an unpredictable (also someone they can't bully in submissiveness). Then the interview happened, then Kim Ga-On talks back, then the troubling case. It's possible that he's also pretty naive about the world, just in different way than Kim Ga-On.

5 hours ago, noor1 said:

Why doesn't he know and accept this? 

With the 'help' of others he create an image of himself. He's a monster, so he's not a typical human. Others are but not Kang Yo-Han. If he starts entertaining the thought, all will crush, everything will flow with repressed emotion, he's subconsciously defending himself from this, even if at the same time, he provides himself with the problem. It kind of fascinating how human mind works. 

5 hours ago, noor1 said:

At this rate, I am expecting nanny to be Sun Ah's mother!   

Can't rule that one out... Or the maiden that fall and could be pushed by Jung Sun-A. 

5 hours ago, noor1 said:

- Is Yo Han gay?    

Visuals are great, trials are still flashy, but drama lacks substance and characters' actions are not logical. Best thing remains Ji Sung / Yo Han. 

He doesn't know himself, because didn't entertain the idea of the romance too focused on the revenge and before wasn't close to anyone to feel a sexual attraction? 

(Alternative: He is as a part of fanservice the show gives viewers?).

Also, yeah, logic isn't they friend, ally or even a unwanted guest. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Yo Han is suffering a lot living in that house. I think he plans to leave this place when everything ends. His study is the same place where his dad used to beat him up. Ji Sung never fails to impress me with his acting. He was great in both the opening scene and also the one where he saw his father beating him. The more I see, the more it is becoming evident that Yo Han didn't kill his brother. He is still suffering with the trauma of that day, and I think it must be because he couldn't save him like he promised to. Also the dialogue he shared with Elijah saying "Of course, if I am really the one who killed that someone" when she said he must be seeing someone he killed.

As for Elijah, I think she does not completely believe that Yo Han killed her father. She sure suspects him, but deep down she knows it is otherwise. I wouldn't really be shocked if it was the nanny/house keeper who sowed the seeds of doubt in her. Things are not really good between her and Yo Han. We see how she is not supposed to stay after evening or Yo Han does not eat food cooked by her. 

Coming to Sun Ah, I don't think she is the one maid who killed herself for Yo Han. I think she is the one who pushed that young maid actually. We still don't know what exactly is their relationship here and why is she going against Yo Han and also what does she really want. How she kidnapped Yo Han just to show him how much she is obsessed with him and also show who she really is? She is playing with Yo Han too, and let's see how he will responding to her tricks. He did manage to handle the case, but had a hard time doing it. He surely knew he was caught in a tricky situation in the first hearing itself. 

That transformation of Yo Han in his study after I rewatched with subs was prompted by the conversation of Gaon and Yo Han when Gaon frankly told Yo Han that to be strong, he needs to heal the wounds of his past/change his mindset and Yo Han did just that. He does not need Isaac to do that for him anymore because in that moment where he imagined himself stopping his father from hitting him and holding his fathers hitting arm with strength facing his father and saying "stop hurting me", is very significant. It was one moment of complete change in his mindset, he freed himself. Tears ran down his cheeks. He had an insight of liberation like a strike of lightning or sudden flash of a lightbulb. I give Gaon credit for his brashness and pushing Yo Han to this sudden insight. Gaon may have been offensive, insulting and make unproven conclusions about Yo Han but he also was perceptive about Yohan's feelings or state of mind. For Yo Han who is surrounded by calculating and hypocritical people, Gaon is refreshingly naive, easy to read and honest. That is the reason, I think, why Yo Han keeps him around. 

As for Elijah, we learn that it was her who helped Yo Han make the alternative sentencing of the castration to imprisonment, that she was the one who researched that prison. So, it might be that it was all an act on her part. That she maybe helping her uncle find the real cause of the fire.

We all suspected that Sun Ah was the antagonist in the drama, but I did not imagine her to be this much of a whacko, a fatal attraction kind of gal. The nanny must have known Sun Ah and all the workers at the mansion. I wonder why she thinks that Yo Han was the one who caused the maid to fall from the window to her death or poison the dog. Or is she covering for someone? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, lila21 said:

So, it might be that it was all an act on her part. That she maybe helping her uncle find the real cause of the fire.

Doubtful they are working together. On the same case sure, but didn't join hands. It's still a bit unclear how this whole 'helping' happened, just Kang Yo-Han's jab at Kim Ga-On. She seems believe he was responsible for the death of her father. 

Funny thought, could nanny be Kang Yo-Han's mother?

We learned what happens to that women from her story (could be that she tried yet failed to use an infant, then when the boy was rejected she also didn't felt like his worth it), she also was the one who took care of him (wasn't breastfeeding the child? If so, she must be a mother not a long ago, right?) and is now his biggest enemy in the household.

It's not outside of the possibility that a housewife spend a night with the grieving master of the house (unrequited love or the chance to climb the social leather, who knows). Then hated her son for not giving her what she dreamed (love of the man she fell or the position in the house, or worse, was a fruit of abuse/violence? Kang Yo-Han seemed emotional during the case of domestic violence in the past and during the sex offender trial...). Now she also wants to make him regret that he got something she was refused? She also wants to turn Kim Ga-On against her son, to alienate him even more. That's why he in also very careful around her.

Also, what interest has a maiden in asking about the illegitimate child being mistreated by his father? And even more a master of the house taking part of such conversation and revealing his thoughts (in case of what she said was true in the first place). Maybe it wasn't kill Isaac but fight for his right to the name and part of fortune? 

Edited by Di_Ya
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

I can't wait for the next episode. What if Yo Han let himself be caught that he walked into the lion's den inorder to catch the lion? That he had prepared a backup to follow him to the lair?  

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, lila21 said:

I can't wait for the next episode. What if Yo Han let himself be caught that he walked into the lion's den inorder to catch the lion? That he had prepared a backup to follow him to the lair?  

Fat chance, he probably wanted to see the mastermind, true, but there wasn't anyone who would back him up, judging by the way he sees people and how he works on cases (alone, with one man as an assistant).

Hey, what if Min Jung-Ho (Kim Ga-On's mentor) is working with Jung Sun-A, is her silent ally in the Supreme Court or even the mastermind behind the Dream House project (talking like he was a priest in a sect or something). He's close to Kim Ga-On, can use him against Kang Yo-Han, his betrayal would be a big blow to Kim Ga-On and put him in a difficult position. Also, the person who would fit the best as the big boss behind the scene sort of scenerio. Jung Sun-A is too visible, even if she's the villain, she's not alone, it's unreal for her to be alone and be at the position she's now... Not in that society and not with those people. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

As much as it upsetting, Yo han was right that Ga On should have asked if he could take Elijah out first  especially meeting his police friend and was rightfully upset because his enemies or the law enforcements would use her to get through him.  They may be dysfunctional, but he is still her family and is very protective of her.  

The ending was satisfying, his target all fell into his trap and our judge or team judges are ready to take them on

• Like 10
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, noor1 said:

Thoughts on Ep. 5 and Ep. 6 promo:

- Is the show trying to tell viewers that while a huge donation is being given to Stanford University to name a damn hall in Elijah's name and she is a brilliant student of computer engineering who got there on scholarship, BUT CAN'T GET HER LEGS/KNEES FIXED THROUGH SURGERY IN TEN WHOLE YEARS? 

Who believes that? I don't. It's fiction, but fiction should make sense too or are we supposed to keep our brains in freezer and just enjoy the visuals?!

- Elijah 'worked' with Yo Han to find an appropriate prison, but keeps on accusing him of being her parents' killer - what's up with that? Elijah has to be beneficiary of the estate because Isaac was the owner giving it all away, Yo Han can only be guardian, and looks like he is only that, but Elijah and that nanny continuously talking about Yo Han as a bad person who got away with murder. They are so 'snake-ish'. 

- I absolutely am not liking the fact that Elijah met up with 2 strangers - Go An and detective - to talk about / against Yo Han. If she wanted her father's death investigated, she could've gone with her nanny to police a long time ago. Trusting strangers over the guy she has known all her life is nonsensical - especially in dystopian korea! 

- Yo Han is surrounded in a toxic environment with toxic, unsupportive people at home, and hyenas like Sun Ah, outside. His invincibility is cracking and I don't know why he doesn't have a plan to get to SRF and others before they strike. Why hasn't he built more undercover people? He has zero support system, and he should know better than anyone that a pack of wolves is always better than a lone one. 

- He is reading 'Ethology' so he should know that 'evolution of behavior' or violent fantasies in his case is because of the way he was treated, beatings, dungeon and a bunk bed, who knows what he would've been like if he had gotten approval and care of ultimate authority figure. Why doesn't he know and accept this? 

- Sun Ah hates men, but has a shrine in Yo Han's honor! She is the kid from school who became the child labor maid (who probably killed the other maid in jealousy?) - was she abused by Isaac's father or Isaac, is that why she is so hung up on destroying Yo Han and his family or does she want Yo Han to succumb to her will and dominate world together? At this rate, I am expecting nanny to be Sun Ah's mother!   

1. Raises hand. I believe it. A beam fell on her. She could have spinal cord injuries. 

2. People are complex. She may honestly believe Yo-han killed her father or she could just be piling all of her grief and anger on him. We didn't see him ask her, but I could see her snapping at him a bit and then agree because she found the request interesting/amusing/challenging.

3. I'll wait to comment on this one 

4. He is too much of a lone wolf, I agree. I have to see more of what he has planned though.

5. Why doesn't he know and accept this? If it was that easy people wouldn't need years of therapy. 

6. Interested in finding out Sun-ah's backstory.

I don't find the characters actions that illogical so far, I guess.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I put it under spoiler to be safe.

Spoiler

Did I get it right?

After Jung Sun-A said that she's after someone/something that Kang Yo-Han wish to protect we're seeing her approaching Oh Jin-Joo? She probably the only connections available, but it's still telling. Is she jealous of Judge Oh as a woman or something? Or she doesn't know how to get to Elijah?

Also, I don't have words for Kim Ga-On, give up on that guy... Seriously.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I was right, Sun Ha was a power money grabber as a little maid back then and she still is including her twisted love and admiration for Yo Han.  I bet she made up her hypothesis about killing his own brother and Yo Han let her believe it due to her psychotic state.  I bet he didn't add her in the list in the end because he wants to deal her himself.

Ga On is still quite naïve and his police friend made a horrible move questioning Elijah about the documents without her consent nor with Yo Han as her guardian when he invited her.   Yo Han gave a taste to the young judge his own medicine when he revealed all Soo Hyun background.  He let his fear and assumptions get the best of him about his chief without knowing that he was manipulated by the SRF and Sun Ha.  In the end, he decided to stand Yo Han during the trial along with their colleague as a team.      

Poor Elijah, she assumed her uncle killed her parents due to the file stored in his computer and the stories the maid told her.  No wonder they had a hot and cold relationship.  She seems to have suffer anxiety issues when her uncle didn't come home on time judging by her clutching of her bear.  Despite their dysfunctional, both of them still care for each other being the only ones left of their family.

Guess the next episode is Ga On facing what happened to his parents with the fraud being linked to the foundation based on Yohan discoveries.  While Yo Han methods are cruel, he was brutally honest to Ga On and showed him the undeniable truth of the enemies he's been fighting.  That is when if Ga On is ready to face them as someone bound by law or for revenge.

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

While the moves and counter moves, and its resulting shadow play are still incredibly intriguing, the drama slipped a bit in the last 2 episodes.

- Ga On & Soo Hyun's questioning of Elijah was grade school clumsy and completely out of character for both of them

- After the fall out from Elijah's questioning and the assault on Soo Hyun ... again, why is Ga On still in that house?

- After being drugged and abducted why is Yo Han all but ignoring Sun-Ha?

Things are stretching the believability factor just a bit ... still love the drama though :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- After being drugged and abducted why is Yo Han all but ignoring Sun-Ha?

I believe he wants to deal with her personally after she has stolen Isaac's precious necklace from him once again in their reunion. Not to mention, he could tell she's a psychopath with a twisted obsession of him. His primary targets are those riches and openly rages war against them by exposing their deeds to the public

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Idk, I just feel like Ga On's motives to 'uncover' Yohan's true nature is not worth everything he's risking for to get it. Remember, he's only doing this because his 'mentor' told him to. Not because he himself believes Yohan is a monster, or that he has a personal vendetta against Yohan.

Was it worth getting his childhood friend/crush involved, or risk his position and whole career as a judge, or even his own life when he chased after the biker lady? I guess we'll find out next week whether his mentor's intentions are as pure as he claimed. I just fail to see him as a believable character. He brings back some humanity to Elijah and Yohan's domestic life, but otherwise is just stirring up trouble as a plot point.

- After the fall out from Elijah's questioning and the assault on Soo Hyun ... again, why is Ga On still in that house?

Exactly. That has to be a better reason to continue to stay and play-house at a sociopath's home.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, noor1 said:

Visuals are great, trials are still flashy, but drama lacks substance and characters' actions are not logical. Best thing remains Ji Sung / Yo Han. 

After giving the drama some chance to grow and forgiving some of the characters that somehow after viewers reactions, the storytelling will improve, it is disappointing that the characters got worse. The reveal of who Sun Ah is as a protagonist is the  most disappointing, more so because I like the actress. She was a maid, petty lying thief and still is. No growth in her character. No challenge. The character of the detective police officer, girlfriend of Gaon is unnecessary. Her role does not have anything to do with the drama, she is not needed. Although there were times when Gaon made sense, his role became senseless with each episode. 6 episodes and he still does not know which side he is on, a friend or foe of the protagonist and still shamelessly lives off Yo Han in the mansion? He looks like YH brother and so what? Elijah also suspects his uncle, is supposed to be a smart kid but stupidly goes alone with strangers to tell her story? I agree Ji Sung is the main attraction of the drama and the only one. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

58 minutes ago, lila21 said:

The reveal of who Sun Ah is as a protagonist is the  most disappointing, more so because I like the actress. She was a maid, petty lying thief and still is.

This is Batman and Sun Ah is Selina Kyle/Catwoman. She's no petty thief. She's trying to steal a whole country.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1