[Drama 2021] The Devil Judge ⚖️ 악마판사

Maetawinz

I saw a few still picture of today's episode that said Ga On will be the roommate in the mansion.  Also I think the episode is on as off now

Saw the little cute banter when Yo-Han came to the kitchen and his butler voicecom showed him the message Ga On left for him while he was preparing his meal.  Ga On is already a nagging partner and learn how to counter Yo Han words before he acts.  Yo Han is amused  

Spoiler

Sun Ha kidnapped Yo Han and took him to a place resembling his mansion.  It turns out she was the little maid who cared for him.  She then kisses him but it seems our lead male is unmoved by her action.

• Shocked 1
  • Blob 2

I discussed about Ga On with @partyonNoona, and we came to the conclusion that there is a high chance that Ga On had actually lived in this house before. Noona pointed out an interesting thing and that was the fact that both Yo Han and the nanny/housekeeper seem to know Ga On from before. Also the housekeeper wouldn't really have a reason to tell Ga On that Isaac was the true heir and he died in a suspicious fire which made Yo Han the heir then. She must be thinking that since Isaac was the true heir and he died, the one inheriting it all must be his son, and it is Ga On.

Why I think Ga On is not just a random dude looking like Isaac is the fact that Yo Han is kinda protective of him. He lost his cool trying to get info from the interior designer dude, he has kept Ga On at his house till (of course the other reason would be he wants him to discover things himself). Also nanny/housekeeper told him "You have his eyes" no one tells this to a random guy looking like someone. We just say you look similar to him. When we point out some facial features, especially the eyes, it is usually said to a person related to the one he/she is being compared to. 

So for now, I am completely inclined to the fact that Ga On is the illegitimate child of Isaac. He stayed with them in the mansion for sometime before leaving it, and it could be because Isaac was going to marry someone and his father didn't want him to have Ga On around. 

Talking about Yo Han, I still don't believe he wants revenge just because those guys ran for their lives. Yes, the Minister of Justice has to be blamed for what happened to Elijah, but then again, all those people were in panic state due to fire and running for their lives. I think Yo Han does know who was behind the fire, and also there is a bigger reason for him to go after them all. Just like @partyon Noona and many others pointed, he might be wanting to break the whole system. There is a bigger picture here which we are yet to see. Also, I wouldn't really be shocked if Yo Han does know Sun ah is the real boss in the foundation. He sure is a perceptive guy and hard to fool.

@agenth Chingu, they finally released this OST. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

53 minutes ago, mystic62 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sun Ha kidnapped Yo Han and took him to a place resembling his mansion.  It turns out she was the little maid who cared for him.  She then kisses him but it seems our lead male is unmoved by her action.

I will never ship them :joy:. I am not really fond of Kim Min Jung. I saw her in an old drama. I did not like her character lol. However she plays well her role here.  I clearly do not see them together at the end.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

The writer of this series seems like a BL fanfiction writer huge fan of BL ... 4 episodes in and I can see many situations where it can be easily turned into Wattpad stories .... :shaq: the BL overtones are so strong in this one, unlike in Beyond Evil where, it only occurs occassionally.

• Blob 2

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

and we came to the conclusion that there is a high chance that Ga On had actually lived in this house before. Noona pointed out an interesting thing and that was the fact that both Yo Han and the nanny/housekeeper seem to know Ga On from before.

What gives you that impression?

I think the first reaction that nanny has had was shock (she dropped the meal and retreated to the kitchen in a hurry). The first thing Kang Yo-Han said after greeting Kim Ga-On was "he's more similar to him that I've thought". There are not exactly reactions of people who knew him before... 

Also the housekeeper wouldn't really have a reason to tell Ga On that Isaac was the true heir and he died in a suspicious fire which made Yo Han the heir then.

Maybe, or maybe Kang Yo-Han asked her to told him this version of events (he knew that Kim Ga-On will not check facts or rumors, just go straight to the point and believe because it suits his image of Kang Yo-Han) as a test. He wanted to know how his possible ally would react, also dare him to acuse Kang Yo-Han of the murder, then Kang Yo-Han could manipulate him using Elijah's accident, then turn him into ally (well, use him to Kang Yo-Han's other plans). 

Also nanny/housekeeper told him "You have his eyes" no one tells this to a random guy looking like someone. 

If we think about it less literally, she could also mean the fact that he looks at the world the same way as Isaac, and you can tell something like this to the person whose sleeping in the mension after being hurt and dragged in by the master of the house (true or not). Both are unusual circumstances that allows it? Maybe? 

Talking about Yo Han, I still don't believe he wants revenge just because those guys ran for their lives. 

I also don't believe it if this is the real version of events (which most likely isn't). Elijah part is definitely true, can't believe he would use his niece misfortune to just manipulate Kim Ga-On - but them running for their lives are, either half-baked or ture, but he's after someone else, Jung Sun-A or someone behind her. 

My bet is something like this (at the moment, when I didn't saw 5 episode or any trailers, so if something don't match or contradict this point, well, please point it out?).

Jung Sun-A and Kang Yo-Han knew each other as they had been teenagers (Jung Sun-A has a bit of crash on Kang Yo-Han - I've thought it would be Isaac so she would ruin his wedding and accidently kill him, which evoke the Kang Yo-Han rage, but it would be a bit pointless and would connect them the same way). She was already showing his sociopathic tendencies, and seeing Kang Yo-Han, following the rumors around his persona, she'd felt like a kindred soul, she also wanted him to be on her side - an illegitimate child to the fortune, who could want to be someone, take revenge on his father, also someone she couldn't manipulate easly). Then she wanted to met him during the wedding, maybe blackmail him to join forces, but he refused, so she started the fire. 

This theory (let's call it a theory, it's sounds nice) also would explain why we're not seeing any moves they make towards each other, and that weird feeling when they met. Like they're playing the game only they know, like Kang Yo-Han is a misbehaved puppy that she still has under control, yet starts barking on the wrong tree. 

Also fits the part, when I've suspected that Kang Yo-Han has someone with sociopathic personality around... But this is a bit too far fatched even for me, so let's leave it for now. 

It has holes, I know. But it's an idea, much more less that more, but still something to think about. 

1 hour ago, Pitchoum said:

I will never ship them :joy:. I am not really fond of Kim Min Jung. I saw her in an old drama. I did not like her character lol. However she plays well her role here.  I clearly do not see them together at the end.

Me either. They're just... too unhealthy together and lacking that cute, innocent moments every time Oh Jin-Joo starts playing fangirl (or that girl who caught him off guard during the trial against Minister Cha's son). I think it would be a nicer version of romance for him, if they even planed one. A new land to explore and all (ok, maybe I'm a bit mean to the poor guy...). With his current way of seeing world an innocent love or crush could be... mindblowing for Kang Yo-Han. 

EDIT:

the BL overtones are so strong in this one, unlike in Beyond Evil where, it only occurs occassionally.

There are so many. Starting from the personal space they both seem to ignore (around convenience flat surface behind...) to the banter and wound tending (changing clothes...). Yeah, there is a lot of that in those few episodes... Are they aiming for another same-sex (male) couple award or something? :sipsboba:

(emojis here are so cute!)

EDIT 2: 

That song fits the show so well, also... it's so nice. Thank you for posting it. 

Edited by Di_Ya
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

Talking about Yo Han, I still don't believe he wants revenge just because those guys ran for their lives.

I don't think that is why either.  Like I mentioned about the firefighter, I think it is more what he told Ga-on in the car: "All human beings are the same when faced with temptation."  I believe there's a lot more to the fire than we know. What did those people do before the fire and what did they do after? Why was the fire started? 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

So Sun Ah is using her past connection with Yo Han to thrall him off her trails and possibly trying to turn society against him.  I love the fact that our judge isn't bothered by her presence much only sees her as someone who is standing his way.  He only shows some of his soft side to Ga On, Elijah and the cat.  

Something tells me that the chief judge might had known Isaac in the past and encountered his doppelgänger as a rebellious high schooler  then set him up to take down Yo-Han who is believe to be a monster in disguise.  For whatever the reasons, he hated the judge.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

43 minutes ago, qynn said:

I don't think that is why either.  Like I mentioned about the firefighter, I think it is more what he told Ga-on in the car: "All human beings are the same when faced with temptation."  I believe there's a lot more to the fire than we know. What did those people do before the fire and what did they do after? Why was the fire started? 

That is key plot point.  Because  he put his brother like never doing wrong and inncoent But why Kang yo was out side the gate on the Cburch why  he is the brother and he suppose to be inside like issac.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

HAHAHA I love it @Ameera Ali. Yo Han being petty and saying,

”I can do this to you but YOU DON’T TOUCH ME” :Megalol:

Also I don’t know if you guys saw the preview for episode 6:

Yo Han: “If you mess with this child (he says 아이 and talking to Ga On), then I won’t stand still, regardless of who it is”

Yo Han being an overly protective brother :bashful:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Whoa, today’s episode was nail biting. To castrate or not to castrate, that is the question. 

Liked the part, where the show is clearly depicting that public is getting blood thirsty. Scary scene was were the kids were playing the flogging scene.  

By the way, does anyone get a vibe that maybe Isaac is not that great of a brother?  Maybe it was his plan to burn the church but something went wrong?

Somehow seems that SunAh is building a women only in power nation. Maybe she feels that ladies can be easier puppets to string along or more challenging? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

Hi

I have been a silent reader of the theories here at the forum and found my login a little late for the polls but still want to throw out a wild theory. Could GaOn be related to Isaac’s mom? A nephew maybe. Just because I don’t want the resemblance to be just a coincidence :transforms:and I find GaOn too old to be Isaac’s son.

Also, I do love myself a good bromance and wish Yohan is referring to GaOn but I feel it’s Elijah instead that he’s most protective of and referring to as ‘the child’..

Edited by ammu82
  • Like 4
  • Blob 1

This show is so entertaining to watch. Trying to decode the plot is interesting in itself, but all the eye candy definitely adds to the experience. I’m loving Yo Han, but that’s not surprising. Always did have a thing for angsty anti-heroes out for vengeance because the world has hurt them. Ji sung really had his fun with Yo Han’s character. Glad Ga On is becoming less uptight as the show progresses. I know he’s going to try to make Yo Han less radical, but I have a feeling he’ll himself be corrupted in the process. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

OMG guys pre-released clip for Episode 6 and isn't this the CUTEST THING EVER? :fullofhearts:

Ga On makes Korean food for Yo Han and Elia.. I love how Yo Han teases Elia in the beginning and Elia pretends to be displeased by Ga On making food (when we know she's secretly happy HEHEHE...) And then both Yo Han and Elia pretend to not be interested in the food in the beginning but end up finishing everything HAHAHA...

Oh and then the housemaid comes in and is like, "What is this unfamiliar situation that doesn't fit this household?" Gotta love this household! Ga On making a difference :Pandabulous:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4

Thoughts on Ep. 5 and Ep. 6 promo:

- Is the show trying to tell viewers that while a huge donation is being given to Stanford University to name a damn hall in Elijah's name and she is a brilliant student of computer engineering who got there on scholarship, BUT CAN'T GET HER LEGS/KNEES FIXED THROUGH SURGERY IN TEN WHOLE YEARS? 

Who believes that? I don't. It's fiction, but fiction should make sense too or are we supposed to keep our brains in freezer and just enjoy the visuals?!

- Elijah 'worked' with Yo Han to find an appropriate prison, but keeps on accusing him of being her parents' killer - what's up with that? Elijah has to be beneficiary of the estate because Isaac was the owner giving it all away, Yo Han can only be guardian, and looks like he is only that, but Elijah and that nanny continuously talking about Yo Han as a bad person who got away with murder. They are so 'snake-ish'. 

- I absolutely am not liking the fact that Elijah met up with 2 strangers - Go An and detective - to talk about / against Yo Han. If she wanted her father's death investigated, she could've gone with her nanny to police a long time ago. Trusting strangers over the guy she has known all her life is nonsensical - especially in dystopian korea! 

- Yo Han is surrounded in a toxic environment with toxic, unsupportive people at home, and hyenas like Sun Ah, outside. His invincibility is cracking and I don't know why he doesn't have a plan to get to SRF and others before they strike. Why hasn't he built more undercover people? He has zero support system, and he should know better than anyone that a pack of wolves is always better than a lone one. 

- He is reading 'Ethology' so he should know that 'evolution of behavior' or violent fantasies in his case is because of the way he was treated, beatings, dungeon and a bunk bed, who knows what he would've been like if he had gotten approval and care of ultimate authority figure. Why doesn't he know and accept this? 

- Sun Ah hates men, but has a shrine in Yo Han's honor! She is the kid from school who became the child labor maid (who probably killed the other maid in jealousy?) - was she abused by Isaac's father or Isaac, is that why she is so hung up on destroying Yo Han and his family or does she want Yo Han to succumb to her will and dominate world together? At this rate, I am expecting nanny to be Sun Ah's mother!   

- The kiss is sexual harassment and abuse btw. I wanted to punch her.

- Is Yo Han gay?    

Visuals are great, trials are still flashy, but drama lacks substance and characters' actions are not logical. Best thing remains Ji Sung / Yo Han. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

Ji Sung And GOT7’s Jinyoung Are At Odds In The Courtroom In “The Devil Judge”

7a05efab3b3344ecb689e46539b92e49.jpeg?s=

Jul 18, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “The Devil Judge” has revealed some stills of a new crisis ahead of tonight’s episode!

“The Devil Judge” is set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Spoilers

The new stills feature Kang Yo Han, Kim Ga On (GOT7’s Jinyoung), and Oh Jin Joo (Kim Jae Kyung) as the subject of attention, surrounded by throngs of reporters with cameras. However, based on Kang Yo Han’s frigid expression while he glares at Kim Ga On, the attention that they are receiving doesn’t seem to be the good kind. Stuck between the two men, Oh Jin Joo’s face is filled with distress as she glances worriedly at Kang Yo Han.

Ji-Sung-Kim-Jae-Kyung.jpeg

What’s more, Kang Yo Han is also seen placing a firm hand on the shoulder of “Doctor Safety” Jang Ki Hyun (Cha Gun Woo), the witness in the courtroom live show’s first case. Despite all the eyes focused on him, Jang Ki Hyun squeezes his eyes shut and looks down at the floor as he sobs uncontrollably. Viewers are curious about what could have lead to his strong display of emotion.

Cha-Gun-Woo-Ji-Sung.jpeg

Previously, Kang Yo Han narrowly escaped the trap set by Jung Sun Ah (Kim Min Jung), the director of the Social Responsibility Foundation. Amidst the mixed critique and praise given to the courtroom live show, Kang Yo Han saw through Jung Sun Ah’s attempt to attack their image and handed down an entirely different verdict.

With the new stills, viewers are suspecting that Jung Sun Ah has carried out an even stronger offensive against Kang Yo Han. The courtroom live show team members also don’t seem to be getting along, which increases viewers’ worries. It remains to be seen if Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On will be able to resolve the new crisis, as well as how they will fight back against Jung Sun Ah’s ever-increasing attacks.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1479641wpp/ji-sung-and-got7s-jinyoung-are-at-odds-in-the-courtroom-in-the-devil-judge

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3