[Drama 2021] Human Disqualification/ Lost, 인간실격

larus

It took me two days to watch episode 1 and nearly dropped this drama, but decided to watch episode 2 yesterday. I've found both relatable and I truly hope Boo Jung gives that woman author what she deserves. The MIL is a right heel <_< and her son needs a spine.

• Like 4

Finally was able to sit down and watch episode 2 -

Now that was just the uptick this drama needed from episode 1 - alittle bit of levity, alittle bit of backstory, and a big chunk of future intrigue.  While its still too soon to speculate, I just hope the ending is definitive insofar as our leads finally find a way out of their all-consuming malaise. 

• Like 3

Ryu Jun Yeol And Jeon Do Yeon Start To Experience Changes In “Lost”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 11, 2021
by L. Kim

JTBC’s “Lost” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“Lost” is a drama about the stories of average people who realize they haven’t become anything throughout their lives and try their best to see the spotlight. Jeon Do Yeon stars as Boo Jung, a ghostwriter in her 40s who feels lost and as if she hasn’t been able to amount to anything. Ryu Jun Yeol stars as Kang Jae, a man who runs a service where employees act out whatever roles clients request.

Spoilers

On the previous episode, Boo Jung had to go to the police station because of the malicious comments she had wrote about the actress Ah Ran (Park Ji Young). Her father Chang Sook (Park In Hwan) grew sick with worry, and Boo Jung was infuriated and sorrowful that her father’s health had taken a dive because of her. She called Ah Ran and said, “Because of you, I lost my job, my child, and myself.” Kang Jae, who witnessed her run up the stairs and stand precariously at the edge of the rooftop, asked, “Why would you die?”

The newly released stills from the drama’s next episode show Kang Jae and Boo Jung after their interesting encounter on the rooftop. The two seem a tad bit closer than before, and they aren’t in such an emotional situation like last time. In one photo, Boo Jung is smiling brightly, and for the first time in a while, she seems happy. On the other hand, Kang Jae’s eyes are cold as he talks to someone with a serious expression. What kind of changes are in store for these two characters?

lost-1.jpg

jeon-do-yeon-1.jpg

Spoiler

ryu-jun-yeol-11.jpg

The production team commented, “Starting with the third episode that airs today, Boo Jung and Kang Jae, who were just meant to pass by, will become more deeply intertwined. Please pay attention to what will be the inflection point of their relationship and emotions.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488173wpp/ryu-jun-yeol-and-jeon-do-yeon-start-to-experience-changes-in-lost

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I know that this drama just came out but I feel like I've already seen it before. I know a lot of story lines are recycled over and over again. The part I especially remember(or feels like I've seen  before) is her marriage. The husband was a jerk and doesn't support her when her mother in law is mean to her. Then he has a fling with someone. At some point she leaves him.

And the jerk husband was played by the same actor as here. Let's see if the same happens here with this new drama. :)

I hope  the depressed lady comes out strong with a little help from the guy.

• Like 4

I keep watching Hometown Cha Cha Cha first and then Lost, but I think I should reverse that from now on, since HCCC is more fast-paced and happy, and this one is slower and more dark :lol:.

Gang Jae's character is becoming more interesting to me. First of all, it cracks me up that HE TALKS SO MUCH. Sometimes he starts this stream-of-consciousness monologue and it is adorable. Especially because it's slightly awkward. In this episode, he was in his monologue and then I laughed out loud when he said, "If you jump you might hit my exhaust pipe." Hahaha.

Also, when BJ's husband and his ex-flame met up at the market, I thought she could be speaking for Gang Jae when she said, "You take care of a dying person for a long time, then you start thinking you must live selfishly no matter what. Live like total trash. Then I saw you again and I began to think I should live a good life." We'd already seen the flashback of GJ's dad's last days...I wonder if GJ started down his unconventional "career" path soon after his dad died.

Can someone remind me what the relationship is between the pharmacist lady and the man that lives with her? I had thought he was her ex-husband, but then she said to the halmeoni, "He's getting a divorce," not "We're getting a divorce."

• Like 6

That roof-top opening scene was just incredible - the goofy-awkward-cringe was played perfectly and I laughed out loud when he thanks her after discovering there was patio furniture on the roof :lol: 

From the market conversation between BJ's husband and the Ex, it seems they've already had an affair a year ago - From the darkness in BJ's life, I'm guessing she already knows.  So looking forward to her and Kang Jae finding their way into each other. 

Yes, he'll take the spy job - Yes, she'll find out and misunderstand - No, he will not make up dirt about her - Yes, he'll use the job to help her flip the script and expose the book-thief. 

Yes its Dark and Slow and Depressing ... and I never thought I'd enjoy it this much.

• Like 7

Gang Jae has an interesting way of comforting someone who's suicidal LoL. And at the same time manage to praise himself as well geez. 

I guess his gift of gab is his charm that wins over his clients(?) Jeong Woo's sis WoW was so cold. 

I hope Gang Jae take that job to help Bu Jeong get even. Also to teach that witch a lesson. Her hubs is pathetic in that he reports everything to his mom and yet he's pursued by an ex LoL?! What do these women see in him?? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

That roof-top opening scene was just incredible - the goofy-awkward-cringe was played perfectly and I laughed out loud when he thanks her after discovering there was patio furniture on the roof

Haha, forgot about that. That was funny! For someone who's supposedly jaded, the scenes where he shows care for her and even tries to make her feel more relaxed are touching. Also, he paid for his friend's funeral. I feel like we've seen how his character is good...and not much at all his more mercenary ways (where he would do anything for money). Or did I just misunderstand the way the show billed his character beforehand?

23 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Her hubs is pathetic in that he reports everything to his mom and yet he's pursued by an ex LoL?! What do these women see in him?? 

Seriously!

• Like 2

Gang Jae with that "Kiss Me" balloon eheh. Made me wish he did kiss Bu Jeong LoL! That'd give both her mil & stupid hubs a heart attack. 

So is that Ah Ran's hubs havin' an affair with that spoiled hussy who accused Bu Jeong of stealing?! 

Her dad was sweet enough to share her "reward cake" with Gang Jae.. which coincidentally was his b'day. 

I wish Min Jung stop toying with Just's (why is his name Just btw LoL?) feelings 'cause he looks so whipped. And give up on Gang Jae as it' s clear he can't stand her LoL.

• Like 3

That end scene for ep 4. wow, the longing and hesitating. They have not shared many moment, but the way they  understand each other already is clearly soul changing. :tears:

Preview for ep. 5 :D 

Text preview. (may be some error as I used google translation)

"As if nothing had happened, Kang Jae (Ryu Jun-yeol), who had been living his life as if nothing had happened, is reunited with Jeong-jeong (Jeon Do-yeon) at a wedding where he went to act as a guest agent. When they accidentally overheard Jung-soo (Park Byung-eun) and Jun-hyeok (Kang Hyeong-seok) having a conversation, the two break up awkwardly. And, Kang-jae, who went to the gosiwon where Jung-woo (Na Hyun-woo) stayed until the end, finds traces he never expected...!"

• Like 4
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

I keep watching Hometown Cha Cha Cha first and then Lost, but I think I should reverse that from now on, since HCCC is more fast-paced and happy, and this one is slower and more dark :lol:.

Same here. And I'm starting to imagine these two worlds colliding especially when the assistant manager is the policeman in HCCC. In today's Lost episode, when the assistant manager said he's here for a wedding, I imagined it would be Du Shik and Hye Jin's wedding. Hahahaha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

11 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I wish Min Jung stop toying with Just's (why is his name Just btw LoL?) feelings 'cause he looks so whipped. And give up on Gang Jae as it' s clear he can't stand her

While I agree wholeheartedly, I think it'll be this 3-way that'll blow up in the end. Min-Jung will use Just, and when she can't get/have Kang Jae, especially because he'll be in love with Boo Jung, she'll definitely blow the case on  Boo Jung open - she'll claim she was the "professional" in the group for not getting emotionally involved.

7 hours ago, sal2 said:

That end scene for ep 4. wow, the longing and hesitating. They have not shared many moment, but the way they  understand each other already is clearly soul changing.

We know he's less than 3 seconds from pulling her around the next corner, but Noooooooooooooooooooo we gotta wait a WHOLE week to see it! :rage:

Damn this is so good ...

:headbang:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

15 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Just's (why is his name Just btw LoL?)

Same question here. :D In Asianwiki the character is Ddak-yi...weird that the English subtitles call him Just. I like his character, though; he is one of the pure, sweet souls in this show. (And I still get CLOY vibes when I see him :lol:).

10 hours ago, ponderings said:

In today's Lost episode, when the assistant manager said he's here for a wedding, I imagined it would be Du Shik and Hye Jin's wedding. Hahahaha. 

Ha! That would be a great crossover! And bring some happiness to this sad drama.

At least GJ's mom realized it was his birthday. Sad that she couldn't tell him she loved him, though.

• Like 3

Ryu Jun Yeol Gets One Step Closer Towards The Truth Of His Friend’s Death In “Lost”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 16, 2021
by L. Kim

Ryu Jun Yeol is a man on a mission in the upcoming episode of JTBC’s “Lost”!

“Lost” is a drama about the stories of average people who realize they haven’t become anything throughout their lives and try their best to see the spotlight. Jeon Do Yeon stars as Boo Jung, a ghostwriter in her 40s who feels lost and as if she hasn’t been able to amount to anything. Ryu Jun Yeol stars as Kang Jae, a man who runs a service where employees act out whatever roles clients request.

Spoilers

Previously, Boo Jung and Kang Jae exchanged contact information. After hesitating for a long time, she returned his handkerchief with a message of gratitude. However, Kang Jae didn’t reply to her. The two reunited in an unexpected place: the lobby of a wedding hall. Boo Jung left her husband Jung Soo (Park Byung Eun) and went after Kang Jae.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Kang Jae visits the goshiwon (an economical type of housing commonly leased by students preparing for an important exam) where his late friend Jung Woo (Na Hyun Woo) lived. Kang Jae’s eyes are filled with calm sadness as he looks around the narrow and shabby room that has no warmth at all. The traces of Jung Woo hint that he’s had a tough life. Kang Jae searches through Jung Woo’s belongings with a serious look on his face. In addition, he meets up with Jong Hoon (Ryu Ji Hoon). Before Jung Woo died, he had been investigating Boo Jung. Kang Jae had drawn the line, saying this matter had nothing to do with him, so this raises questions about what he witnessed in Jung Woo’s room and why he visited Jong Hoon again.

ryu-jun-yeol-3.jpg

ryu-jun-yeol-2.jpg

Spoiler

ryu-jun-yeol-12.jpg

lost1.jpg

In episode 6, Kang Jae will become engulfed in complex emotions that he didn’t even know he was capable of feeling. A new truth will be revealed, and the characters will become embedded in a new situation.

The producers of “Lost” teased, “The hidden stories related to Jung Woo’s death, which was the starting point of the story, will slowly begin to be solved. Please watch how the secret of Boo Jung and Jung Woo and the fact that Kang Jae found out about it will change their relationship.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488939wpp/ryu-jun-yeol-gets-one-step-closer-towards-the-truth-of-his-friends-death-in-lost

• Like 4