[Drama 2021] Human Disqualification/ Lost, 인간실격

larus

Upcoming JTBC Drama Unveils Poignant Teaser Posters Starring Ryu Jun Yeol And Jeon Do Yeon

dd37dc2e0379487ba392e41f2fbdce20.jpeg?s=

Jul 14, 2021
by L. Kim

Upcoming JTBC drama “Disqualified as a Human” (literal translation) has unveiled a new teaser poster!

“Disqualified as a Human” is a 10th anniversary special drama about the stories of average people who realize they haven’t become anything throughout their lives and try their best to see the spotlight. Jeon Do Yeon stars as Boo Jung, a ghostwriter in her 40s who feels lost and as if she hasn’t been able to amount to anything. Ryu Jun Yeol stars as Kang Jae, a man who runs a service where employees act out whatever roles clients request. Although he is striving to overcome poverty, he becomes afraid of himself out of the fear that he won’t be able to become anything.

The black-and-white teaser posters are simple yet emotionally powerful. Ryu Jun Yeol and Jeon Do Yeon are tilting their heads back and looking upward. They look subtly similar with their dry expressions and empty eyes, and they exude deep loneliness. In addition, the captions at the top of their posters read, “I want to disappear. I want to live.” The words contain both despair and hope, and this hints that the drama will tell a story about the lives that were lived until now and the lives that will have to be lived in the future.

ryu-jun-yeol.jpg

jeon-do-yeon.jpg

The drama’s production crew shared, “The story of Boo Jung and Kang Jae, who stepped into fierce darkness and will try to find light again, will provide empathy and healing. It has been a while since viewers have seen a drama with deep emotions that melts their warm gazes. They will also be able to check the true value of actors Jeon Do Yeon and Ryu Jun Yeol, who do not need any explanations. Please look forward to their deep acting and extraordinary synergy.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1479077wpp/upcoming-jtbc-drama-unveils-poignant-teaser-posters-starring-ryu-jun-yeol-and-jeon-do-yeon

• Like 3

Director Heo Jin-ho · Jeon Do-yeon · Ryu Jun-yeol 《Disqualification Lost》 1 minute trailer│September first broadcast

July 16 2021

2 teaser trailer for JTBC drama “Human Disqualification”

Human_Disqualification-tp01.jpeg

Second teaser trailer added for JTBC drama series “Human Disqualification” (literal title) starring Jeon Do-Yeon & Ryoo Joon-Yeol. Narration in the teaser trailer goes (0:05) Jeon Do-Yeon “Dad, I have been nothing for over 40 years,” (0:14) Ryoo Joon-Yeol “Dad I miss, I will be nothing even though I was born the same as others in the world,” (0:25) Jeon Do-Yeon “What makes me so afraid?,” (0:36) Ryoo Joon-Yeol “Maybe next time, if we run into each other, would you die with me?”

“Human Disqualification” is now scheduled to first air September, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: A story revolving around a 40-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man.

A 40-year-old woman works as a ghost writer. She hasn’t achieved anything in her life and she doesn’t know where to go with her life. The 27-year-old man is afraid that he might end up as a nobody.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/2-teaser-trailer-for-jtbc-drama-human-disqualification

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Human Disqualification/ Lost, 인간실격 - Jeon Do Yeon & Ryoo Joon-Yeol- Premieres in September

Disqualification of human being' Jeon Do-yeon X Ryu Jun-yeol, teaser released... 'Lonely confession' of frustration and wandering

2021071611113503387d3244b4fed18217218612

'Disqualification' Jeon Do-yeon and Ryu Jun-yeol touch the hearts of viewers with their deeply penetrating emotions.On the 16th, 'Disqualified Human' (directed by Heo Jin-ho and Park Hong-soo, written by Kim Ji-hye) released the first teaser video that touched the heart. The lonely confessions of denial (Do-yeon Jeon) and Jae-jae Kang (Jun-yeol Ryu), who are shaken by the loss and sadness of life, frustration and wandering, raise curiosity about the story of the two men and women.

'Disqualification for Humanity' tells the story of ordinary people who do their best towards the light, suddenly realizing that they have become 'nothing at all' in the middle of the downhill road of life. The story of the heartbreaking wounds and healing of those who face in front of intense darkness, a woman 'negative' who has lost her way without being nothing, and 'Kangjae', a man at the end of his youth who is afraid of being nothing, is densely drawn.

'Disqualification of Humanity' is regarded as the most anticipated work in the second half of the year. Expectations are high for the sensation that will be created by the trustworthy actors Jeon Do-yeon and Ryu Jun-yeol, and the production team of 'The Maker of Life', which guarantees perfection. Above all, it was also the first drama chosen by director Heo Jin-ho, the master of Korean melodrama, who gave birth to numerous masterpieces such as the movies 'Astronomy', 'Princess Deokhye', 'Spring Day is coming' and 'Christmas in August'. Writer Kim Ji-hye of the movies 'Wish', 'My Love, My Bride' and 'Introduction to Architecture' is in charge of writing. It raises expectations for the birth of a well-made drama that melts deep emotions with deep insight into the inner human being.

The teaser video released on this day contains the sad and lonely confessions of infidelity and Kang Jae. Over the image of injustice swallowing up crying alone in the dark, the voices reflecting on the past, saying, “Father, I have been nothing for over 40 years” are muffled. Meanwhile, Kang Jae is just passing away a loved one. His monologue, “I miss my father, I don’t think I will be anything because I was born the same in the world” is disturbing and precarious. The denial that nothing has happened and Kang Jae, who thinks that nothing can be done, are somewhat similar to each other and make his heart ache.

The two herald a new turning point at the limit of their lives. Kang Jae's soft words, "If we meet by chance next time, will we die together?" Following the faint eye contact, the appearance of the two lying facing each other raises the question of how they will become entangled. Here, the phrase ‘the story of ordinary people who have not done anything yet’ draws attention to the stories of those who face darkness, big and small, including denial and Kang-jae.

The meeting of Jeon Do-yeon and Ryu Jun-yeol, who foreshadowed a different level of emotional synergy, increases expectations as they take off the veil. Jeon Do-yeon takes on the role of 'Bujeong', a scriptwriter who wants to become a writer. She is a woman who has walked with her best, but has lost her reason for living as she confronts herself who has failed on the descent of her life. Ryu Jun-yeol plays Kang Jae, a service operator who wants to become rich. A man who takes risks in order to take off his genes of poverty and rise to a higher place. He dreamed of a wealthy life and wandered in search of shortcuts, but lost his direction in front of a steep uphill road without achieving anything. Negative and Kang-jae, who are similar to each other, face upheaval in their emotions through each other.

(Google translate)

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=110594

• Like 3

Watch: Ryu Jun Yeol And Jeon Do Yeon Are Weary Souls In Teaser For Upcoming JTBC Drama “Lost”

a1061847aa064a4f91dbfc13dca5d84d.jpeg?s=

Jul 16, 2021
by L. Kim

Upcoming JTBC drama “Lost” has unveiled a new teaser!

“Lost” is a 10th anniversary special drama about the stories of average people who realize they haven’t become anything throughout their lives and try their best to see the spotlight. Jeon Do Yeon stars as Boo Jung, a ghostwriter in her 40s who feels lost and as if she hasn’t been able to amount to anything. Ryu Jun Yeol stars as Kang Jae, a man who runs a service where employees act out whatever roles clients request. Although he is striving to overcome poverty, he becomes afraid of himself out of the fear that he won’t be able to become anything.

In the new teaser, Boo Jung and Kang Jae make desolate confessions to their fathers. Boo Jung admits, “Father, I haven’t become anything in over 40 years.” She struggles to carry out her life and sheds distressed tears by herself. On the other hand, Kang Jae says, “I miss you, Father, and even though I was born just like everyone else, I don’t think I can become anything.” It seems as if he’s saying goodbye to someone who has passed away, and just like Boo Jung, he is also experiencing difficulties in his life.

The two characters unexpectedly encounter each other. They run into each other multiple times, and Kang Jae asks, “If we run into each other next time, shall we die together?” Towards the end of the clip, the two are curled up next to each other on the bed. Although they are lying in the same area together, they aren’t making any physical contact, which hints that they’re both close to and distant from each other.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1479304wpp/ryu-jun-yeol-and-jeon-do-yeon-are-weary-souls-in-teaser-for-upcoming-jtbc-drama-lost

• Like 3

Jeon Do-yeon and Ryu Joon-yeol brought together by sadness in new promos for Human Disqualification

by tccolb

NISI20210714_0000787802_web_202107141642

New posters and a video teaser have been released for JTBC’s upcoming melodrama Human Disqualification, featuring lead actors Jeon Do-yeon (Beasts Clawing at Straws, The Good Wife) and Ryu Joon-yeol (The Battle: Roar to Victory, Lucky Romance).

In a story about people who are special because they’re ordinary, the drama explores the very real and human struggle of determining our own self-worth. Despite working hard towards our dreams, it’s easy to spiral downwards into the feeling that you haven’t accomplished anything in life, or that you haven’t made yourself into someone worthwhile.

In Human Disqualification, we find Jeon Do-yeon as someone at her breaking point. Having only worked as a ghostwriter, she has yet to see her own name in print; she’s reached a point where she feels like all her years of hard work were for nothing. Throughout her career, she internalized even trivial grievances and she’s now overwhelmed by conflicting emotions of grief, failure, anxiety, emptiness, and loneliness. As a defense mechanism, she finds herself shutting down, and doesn’t know how to move forward in life.

Enter Ryu Joon-yeol who meets Jeon Do-yeon by chance when both are experiencing dark moments in their lives. Age-wise, he’s reaching the end of his young adult years, and is scared that he hasn’t yet made a name for himself in a significant way. His dream had simply been to be rich, and he now runs a service company. However, he took on many risks to try to reach greater success, and he’s still not anywhere near his goals. Although no longer young, he’s not quite old; though he can be cynical about people, he also desires to be someone who’s needed by others.

In supportive roles, Park Byung-eun (Kingdom: Ashin of the North) plays Jeon Do-yeon’s husband, a man whose heart is being swayed back to his first love Kim Hyo-jin (Private Lives).

Secretive actress Park Ji-young (You Have Driven Off Course) has a complicated relationship with Jeon Do-yeon, while nurse Yang Dong-geun (365: Repeat the Year) is one of Jeon’s old friends.

In the newly released teaser, we get a nice parallel through the switch between Jeon Do-yeon and Ryu Joon-yeol, and we see how their struggles are similar despite coming from different places.

The teaser starts with the camera following Jeon Do-yeon as she confesses in voice-over, “Dad, I’ve lived more than 40 years and I haven’t become anything in life.” Cut to Ryu Joon-yeol who we see burying his father and he narrates, “I miss you, Dad. Although we’re all born into the world the same way, I don’t think I’ll ever become somebody.” We see both of them crying alone, and Jeon asks, “What is it that I’m afraid of?” The appearing text screen explains, “A story about ordinary people who ‘haven’t yet become anything.'”

Returning to the two leads, we see Jeon Do-yeon with Ryu Joon-yeol on a rooftop as they share a quiet moment. Ryu asks her in a serious tone, “If we happen to meet again somewhere… do you want to die together?” Cut to the next chance encounter that Ryu Joon-yeol had hypothesized, and they look at each other in surprise.

The text screen introduces the director, Heo Jin-ho, creator of Christmas in August and One Fine Spring Day. As we see footage of the two leads again, the captions introduce their names: Jeon Do-yeon and Ryu Joon-yeol. The video comes to a close with the two actors together, sleeping separately but on the same bed.

As introduced in the teaser, the production for Human Disqualification will be led by film director Heo Jin-ho (Princess Deokhye, One Fine Spring Day) with writer Kim Ji-hye (Hope, Architecture 101) penning the scripts.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/07/jeon-do-yeon-and-ryu-joon-yeol-brought-together-by-sadness-in-new-promos-for-human-disqualification/

• Like 4

'Disqualified Human' Ryu Jun-yeol's character poster and teaser video released... Reasons to look forward to his transformation

202107211121038514_d.jpg

On the 21st July, 'Disqualified Human' (directed by Heo Jin-ho and Park Hong-soo, written by Kim Ji-hye) side released the character poster and teaser video of Ryu Jun-yeol at the same time. The appearance full of emptiness raises curiosity about the narrative of the precarious and anxious youth Kang-jae.

'Disqualification for Humanity' tells the story of ordinary people who do their best towards the light, who suddenly realize that 'nothing has happened' in the middle of the downhill road of life.

Kang Jae's character poster and teaser video are expected to transform Ryu Jun-yeol. There is a certain loneliness in his profile as he stares at somewhere while immersed in his thoughts. The phrase 'I was not in it, acting as a lover, friend, guest, or mourning guest' added to this makes a corner of his heart tingle as he guesses the twisted life he lives by selling time by hiding himself.

The character teaser video released together contains an aspect of youth who have lost their light without dreams or hopes. Kang-jae can't fall asleep easily in the thick darkness and toss and turn his body. He tries to lift his body up as if to shake off complicated thoughts and emotions. However, in the stillness that fills the narrow room, the ray of light leaking through the window, a deeper loneliness comes rushing in. Kang Jae's tired eyes are full of emptiness. Then, the narration, “The story of ordinary people who suddenly realize that nothing has happened,” leaves a deep impression.

Ryu Jun-yeol plays Kang Jae, a service operator who wants to become rich. He is a man who takes risks in order to take off his genes of poverty and rise to a higher place. Through Kang Jae, who dreams of a rich life and wanders in search of a shortcut, but has lost his direction in front of a steep uphill without achieving anything, Ryu Jun-yeol heralds another new character in life.

The production team of 'Disqualified Human' said, "'Kangjae' is a three-dimensional character with a complex inner world, going back and forth between an immature boy and an adult. Please watch Ryu Jun-yeol’s deeper acting to see how he will portray it.”

(Google translate)

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=111229

• Like 3

July 21 2021

Character teaser trailers & posters for JTBC drama series “Lost”

Lost-cp001.jpg

Character teaser trailers and poster added for JTBC drama series “Lost” starring Jeon Do-Yeon & Ryoo Joon-Yeol. The character teaser trailer is of Ryoo Joon-Yeol as Kang-Jae and Jeon Do-Yeon as Bu-Jung. The drama series is directed by award winning movie director Hur Jin-Ho (“Christmas in August“).

“Lost” first airs September, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: A story revolving around a 40-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man.

A 40-year-old woman works as a ghost writer. She hasn’t achieved anything in her life and she doesn’t know where to go with her life. The 27-year-old man is afraid that he might end up as a nobody.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/character-teaser-trailers-posters-for-jtbc-drama-series-lost

• Like 3

Watch: Ryu Jun Yeol Plays A Disheartened Man Who Is Overwhelmed By Emptiness In New Drama

d6dd2396287f47cbbb5383ffd7d4c73e.jpeg?s=

Jul 22, 2021
by L. Kim

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Lost” has released a new poster and teaser of Ryu Jun Yeol.

“Lost” is JTBC’s 10th anniversary special drama and tells the stories of average people who realize they haven’t become anything throughout their lives and try their best to see the spotlight. Jeon Do Yeon stars as Boo Jung, a ghostwriter in her 40s who feels lost and as if she hasn’t been able to amount to anything. Ryu Jun Yeol stars as Kang Jae, a man who runs a service where employees act out whatever roles clients request. Although he is striving to overcome poverty, he becomes afraid of himself out of the fear that he won’t be able to amount to anything.

In the new sepia-toned poster, Ryu Jun Yeol transforms into Kang Jae and shows his character’s lonely side as the caption reads, “Lover, friend, guest, and mourner. Inside these roles, there was no ‘me.'”

ryu-jun-yeol-1.jpg

The teaser continues the theme of showing Kang Jae’s lonely and empty life. He is lying down all by himself with a melancholy expression on his face. He suddenly sits up as lights flash behind him, and he just looks around the room without any intention to get up. In voice-over, he says, “A story about ordinary people who realize they haven’t become anything in their lives.”

The production staff of “Lost” said, “Kang Jae is a complex, three-dimensional character who goes back and forth from being an immature boy to an adult. Please watch Ryu Jun Yeol’s performance that has gotten deeper to see how he will portray the psychological changes of Kang Jae, who gets lost and wanders in his uncertain self and an unstable reality.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1480334wpp/watch-ryu-jun-yeol-plays-a-disheartened-man-who-is-overwhelmed-by-emptiness-in-new-drama

• Like 2

Watch: Jeon Do Yeon Hits Rock Bottom In Emotional Teaser For New Drama With Ryu Jun Yeol

c06b510eb7ea43e2b986ffc44803ed95.jpeg?s=

Jul 25, 2021
by E. Cha

JTBC has shared a heartbreaking new teaser for its upcoming drama “Lost.”

In her first drama role in five years, Jeon Do Yeon will be starring in “Lost” as Boo Jung, a ghostwriter in her forties who feels as though she hasn’t amounted to anything. Ryu Jun Yeol will star as Kang Jae, a man struggling to make ends meet who is terrified of his unpromising future. When the two characters meet in the shadows, they embark on a journey of healing as they attempt to escape the darkness.

The newly released teaser begins with Boo Jung looking helpless as she is unexpectedly assaulted by an uninvited visitor who storms into her workplace. In a pained voice, she tells someone off-screen, “Because of you, I lost my job, I lost my kids, and I lost myself.”

As her life falls apart, Boo Jung says in voice-over, “Father, like a badly constructed building, I’m in the process of collapsing very slowly.”

Confronting someone at a bookstore, Boo Jung says pointedly, “I enjoyed reading your book. It was exactly the same, without your having changed a single word.” The upset ghostwriter then angrily tosses the book in the trash as she walks out without looking back.

While the caption describes her as “a 40-year-old woman who lost her way without having amounted to anything,” Boo Jung tearfully continues, “Father, I didn’t amount to anything. I haven’t amounted to anything since I was born.”

The teaser ends with Boo Jung standing alone as she mysteriously asks, “How far along is this place?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1480631wpp/watch-jeon-do-yeon-hits-rock-bottom-in-emotional-teaser-for-new-drama-with-ryu-jun-yeol

• Like 2

Meet the two lost and dejected souls at the center of Human Disqualification

by glasshail

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/humandis1.jpg

New character teasers have been released for JTBC’s upcoming melodrama Human Disqualification starring Jeon Do-yeon (Beasts Clawing at Straws, The Good Wife) and Ryu Joon-yeol (The Battle: Roar to Victory, Lucky Romance).

The drama brings together two lost souls who are adrift in the world, and when they meet they develop a deep empathy with each other and begin to heal. Jeon Do-yeon plays a ghostwriter who’s facing middle age and feels she has nowhere to go but down. Ryu Joon-yeol is on the cusp of leaving his youth behind and is engulfed by fears that he will never amount to anything.

The first teaser introduces Jeon Do-yeon’s character, Bu-jung, with her voice bitterly telling someone: “Because of you…I lost my job. I lost my child. I lost myself.” In a quick succession of scenes, Bu-jung is slapped, involved in a fight at work, and takes a photo of suitcases. In another sequence of shots, she is spraying water with a shower head, starring at something as she stands against the city backdrop, and tearfully sitting on the floor in the dark.

She painfully reveals in a voiceover: “Father, right now I’m slowly falling apart like a run-down building.” The next scene shows her throwing a book in the garbage and quickly walking off as she remarks: “I enjoyed reading the book. You left everything exactly the same without changing a single word.” Captions appear on the screen: “A woman in her 40s who has lost her way, after having done nothing with her life.” The black screen turns to a scene of her tearfully confessing: “Father, I couldn’t become someone. I was born into this world but I’m nothing.” The video ends with a scene of her standing alone by the water at night asking: “Where is this place?”

The second teaser features Ryu Joon-yeol’s character, Kang-jae, looking numb and sprawled on the floor in a dark room. He narrates: “Lover, friend, wedding guest, funeral guest…I wasn’t any of these.” A sense of loneliness and desolation permeates the scene as he languidly sits up with a tired expression. He gazes into the distance with empty eyes while a single ray of light beams through the window, shining against his face. The light rotates around repeatedly — a constant cycle of him seeing the light, then being left in the darkness. The scene closes with his voiceover: “The story of ordinary people who suddenly realized they remained nobodies.”

Directed by Heo Jin-ho (Princess Deokhye, One Fine Spring Day) and written by Kim Ji-hye (Hope, Architecture 101), Human Disqualification is set to premiere in September.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/07/meet-the-two-lost-and-dejected-souls-at-the-center-of-human-disqualification/

• Like 2

Upcoming JTBC Drama Previews Ryu Jun Yeol’s And Jeon Do Yeon’s Melancholy Stories In Main Poster

4732f4185c1d45bbbe27881ce84e9c05.jpeg?s=

Jul 28, 2021
by L. Kim

Upcoming JTBC drama “Lost” has unveiled the main poster for the drama.

“Lost” tells the stories of average people who realize they haven’t become anything throughout their lives and try their best to see the spotlight. Jeon Do Yeon stars as Boo Jung, a ghostwriter in her 40s who feels lost and as if she hasn’t been able to amount to anything. Ryu Jun Yeol stars as Kang Jae, a man who runs a service where employees act out whatever roles clients request.

The newly released poster captures Boo Jung’s and Kang Jae’s complicated feelings. They’re both reflected in light and shadowed in darkness, which hints that the drama will portray their sorrowful stories. Boo Jung looks like she’s about to burst into tears, and Kang Jae’s eyes are rough but lonely. The text on the poster reads, “Where are we now?”.

lost1.jpg

Boo Jung is a woman who has always tried her best but has lost her reason to live after running into failure. Kang Jae desires to become rich and took risk to climb higher up the social ladder but only ended up getting lost. Both characters are stuck in fear and hopelessness, and they’ve reached overwhelming points in their lives.

The drama’s producers commented, “Jeon Do Yeon and Ryu Jun Yeol’s acting synergy, which depicts realistic emotions in everyday life, is more than perfect. Boo Jung and Kang Jae will face each other at the point where life’s downhill and uphill moments cross. The story of the two characters, who will be each other’s warmth in a cold and difficult reality, will provide warm sympathy and comfort.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1481193wpp/upcoming-jtbc-drama-previews-ryu-jun-yeols-and-jeon-do-yeons-melancholy-stories-in-main-poster

• Like 1