Jo Bo Ah / Cho Bo Ah 조보아 - [Drama 2023: Destined With You]

Beycuteful

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Seung Gi, EXO’s Kai, Super Junior’s Heechul, Park Na Rae, And More Dish On The Friendships And Betrayal In Store On Variety Show “New World”

Nov 18, 2021   by E. Cha

At the online press conference for Netflix’s upcoming series “New World,” the cast talked about their experience filming the variety show!

“New World” is a new variety program starring Lee Seung Gi, EXO’s Kai, Super Junior’s Kim Heechul, Park Na Rae, Jo Bo Ah, and SECHSKIES’s Eun Ji Won. For six days, the stars will be staying together at a picturesque island where they will play games and forge friendships—with a few shocking twists and betrayals along the way.

On November 17, the cast members and producing directors (PDs) sat down for a press conference in which they shared their thoughts on filming and discussed what viewers could look forward to.

Jokingly referring to Eun Ji Won’s “villainous” role in the show, Lee Seung Gi remarked, “It was so nice and comfortable filming together with Eun Ji Won. In these kinds of variety programs, someone has to play the role of the villain, but when I was doing villainous things next to him, I didn’t feel any pressure. Because I had faith that Eun Ji Won in particular would be good at betraying people. I had faith that whatever Eun Ji Won said would definitely not be the truth.” He added, “I’ve been on a lot of different kinds of [variety] programs, but I’ve never seen a character like Eun Ji Won’s before.”

Eun Ji Won playfully responded, “It was great seeing Seung Gi again for the first time in a long while. On the inside, I’d thought to myself that when we played games, he’d be on my side no matter what—but he didn’t go easy on me, which was a little disappointing.”

He went on to note, “While filming this program, I realized that I’ve become a lot softer and more easygoing. I’ve become a lot kinder.”

Lee Seung Gi teasingly chimed in, “I agree. In the past, when he betrayed other people, he didn’t feel apologetic at all. But this time, he seemed apologetic. Eun Ji Won will be showcasing warm-hearted betrayal on this show.”

Spoiler

Lee-Seung-Gi.jpg

Eun-Ji-Won.jpg

Meanwhile, EXO’s Kai shared that he had discovered new sides of his own personality while filming “New World.”

“I felt like this is a new kind of program that I’ve never seen before,” said Kai. “When I joined ‘New World,’ setting aside the fact that it was a variety show, it seemed like it would be so much fun. I thought that rather than simply participating in a variety show, I’d be able to experience a new side of myself in a new and different world. And while filming, there were actually times when I thought to myself, ‘Oh, so there was this kind of side to me as well.'”

Spoiler

Kai2.jpg

Park-Na-Rae.jpg

Park Na Rae remarked, “I’d been curious what kinds of things would happen if the members lived on an island for six days, but the things that happened exceeded my imagination.”

She went on to recall, “When I first met with the PD [producing director], I was asked, ‘If you were able to live freely in a new world that you had dreamed up, what kinds of things would you want to do?’ I replied, ‘But that would take a lot of money.’ They said, ‘Don’t worry about that. We’ll make all of it happen,’ which made my heart start racing.”

Spoiler

Kim-Heechul.jpg

Heechul commented, “It was my first time filming somewhere without a roof, but the island was beautiful.”

He then noted that the production team had jokingly warned the cast that they were in for some surprises while watching the show, seemingly referring to the many betrayals that would be revealed on the program.

“While living together with the members for six days, we all became really close,” said Heechul. “But the ‘New World’ production team told us that after watching the show, we might not contact each other anymore. That made me so curious.”

Jo Bo Ah jokingly confessed, “I’m really worried that my hidden side will be revealed.” Lee Seung Gi then interjected, “I don’t think it would have been this much fun if Bo Ah hadn’t been there.”

He went on to explain that she had played a major role in the show, even comparing her to the famous drama “Temptation of Wife.”

“I had the thought that in order to win a game, you needed Jo Bo Ah’s vote,” said Lee Seung Gi. “Unlike the Jo Bo Ah you’ve seen until now, she showed her ‘Temptation of Wife’-esque side. It was twist after twist.”

Jo-Bo-Ah.jpg

“New World” will premiere on November 20. Check out a trailer for the show here!

ctto

• Love 1

Netflix New World will premiere today!!! I'm so excited!

It seems KHC mentioned how surprised he was about JBA on showing her inner side. LOL! :hahah!:

He then noted that the production team had jokingly warned the cast that they were in for some surprises while watching the show, seemingly referring to the many betrayals that would be revealed on the program.

“While living together with the members for six days, we all became really close,” said Heechul. “But the ‘New World’ production team told us that after watching the show, we might not contact each other anymore. That made me so curious.”

CTTO

• Thanks 1

• Beycuteful changed the title to Jo Bo Ah / Cho Bo Ah 조보아 - Ongoing Netflix variety show "New World" with Exo's Kai, Lee Seung Gi, Kim Hee Chul, Eun Ji Won and Park Na Rae

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Song Seung Heon And Jo Bo Ah In Talks To Star In New Mystery Thriller Film

Nov 25, 2021             by L. Kim

Song Seung Heon and Jo Bo Ah have been offered roles in a new movie!

On November 25, a source from the entertainment industry reported that the two actors will work together in a film titled “Hidden Face” (literal translation).

In response to the news, Song Seung Heon’s agency King Kong by Starship and Jo Bo Ah’s agency KeyEast shared that the actors received offers to star in the movie and are positively reviewing them.

“Hidden Face” is a mystery thriller movie that tells the story of one person who gets trapped inside their lover’s secret room in the house. It is a remake of a Spanish-Columbian movie of the same name that starred Martina Garcia and Quim Gutierrez.

The film will be directed by Kim Dae Woo, who previously produced “Obsessed,” which starred Song Seung Heon as the male lead.

If Song Seung Heon accepts the role, he will be reuniting with Kim Dae Woo after about seven years. The actor shined with his remarkable acting in various movies and dramas, including “Miss Wife” and “Voice 4.”

Jo Bo Ah also impressed with her brilliant performance in diverse projects like “Forest” and “Tale of the Nine-Tailed.” The last time she starred in a movie was back in 2014 when she played the lead female in “Innocent Thing.”

Song Seung Heon is currently in talks to star in the drama “Delivery Knight” (working title) with Kim Woo Bin and Esom, while Jo Bo Ah has confirmed to star alongside Ahn Bo Hyun in the new tvN drama “Military Prosecutor Doberman” (literal title).

• Wiggle 1

Looking forward to another week of New World. For the meantime, happily watching their promotional videos and their interactions outside the New World... :fullofhearts:

Click cc for Eng Sub....

EJW pranked JBA by emptying her bank account but he gave it back after getting hilarious reactions from her... (wish it will get subbed)...

• Awesome 1

• 2 weeks later...

All The K-Celebs We're Excited To See At The *Star-Studded* 2021 Mnet Asian Music Awards  https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/2021-mnet-asian-music-awards-a4575-20211207

From Korean actors to K-pop idols!
by HANNA TAMONDONG | 4 hours ago

It's that time of the year again when Mnet recognizes the top musical acts in Asia! Apart from awarding K-pop artists, some of your favorite idols are also set to perform. Not only that—Korean actors will grace the event as presenters, too! 

Here's your guide to the 2021 Mnet Asian Music Awards:

What is the Mnet Asian Music Awards?

Also known as MAMA, the Mnet Asian Music Awards is led by the entertainment company CJ ENM. It's an annual awarding ceremony that's also a music festival. MAMA started in 1999 and was held in different places such as Seoul, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Vietnam. This year, it will take place in Paju, South Korea with the theme "Make Some Noise."

Who will be attending the 2021 Mnet Asian Music Awards?

You guys, it's going to be one star-studded event! According to Soompi, the presenter lineup will consist of actors, musicians, and comedians. This includes Song Joong Ki, Jo Jung Suk, Rain, Ahn Bo Hyun, Kim Seo Hyung, Uhm Jung Hwa, Kim Hye Yoon, Kim Young Dae, Yeo Jin Goo, Lee Do Hyun, Jo Bo Ah, Sooyoung, Choi Siwon, Tiffany, Heo Sung Tae, Nam Yoon Su, Lee Sun Bin, HaHa, Han Ye Ri, Gabee, Kwon Yool, Noh Hong Chul, and Monika.

8444_560.jpg

https://www.wowkorea.live/dispatch/3882.html

Jo Bo Ah is shown on minute 1:11 & 1:28

Spoiler

ABH might present together with JBA at the same time to promote their upcoming drama?...

FF95Q4YVUAMlyle?format=jpg&name=large

FF95ZQDVIAATjAE?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/MnetMAMA/status/1468025491676610560/photo/4

When is the 2021 Mnet Asian Music Awards?

Save the date: The 2021 MAMA will happen on December 11 at 6 p.m. KST. It will be broadcast on CJ ENM's channels as well as the YouTube accounts of Mnet K-pop, Mnet TC, M2, and KCON. There will also be a red carpet prior to the awarding ceremony.

Meanwhile, we can watch JBA on Netflix New World. Here's a solo video interview of her. Wish it will get subbed soon...

ctto

• Insightful 1

@Beycuteful-- those games, whether within the show itself or promotional videos are so funny & challenging! Viewers, especially non-koreans, can actually get an idea from these games for fun and copy it if they have activities such as company event or family/ friends reunion! 

anyway, some photos shared by Netflix twt account

spacer.png

Spoiler

• Blob 1