TVN DRAMA 2021

YOU ARE MY SPRING

image_readtop_2021_610341_16245012764692

Drama: You Are My Spring

Hangul:너는 나의 봄

Genre: healing romance

Network: tvN, Netflix

Episodes: 16

Director: Jung Ji Hyun (Mr. Sunshine, Search:WWW, The King: Eternal Monarch)

Writer: Lee Mi Na (Bubblegum)

Release Date: July 5,2021- August 24, 2021

Runtime: Monday & Tuesday, 9 PM

Production Company: Hwa&Dam Pictures

OST:part 1 Raiden(레이든) - In ruin

part 2 Seol Hoseung (SURL) - Because It's You

part 3 Ha Hyunsang - Still Wonder

part 4 Kim Min Seok)(MeloMance)- Flying Butterfly

part 5 Yang Da Il- Peacock

part 6 요아리(Yoari) - Me So Bad

part 7 온유 (ONEW) - 다정한 봄에게 (Dear my spring)

part 8 권순관(Kwon Soon Kwan) – "Cliche"

part 9 서현진(Seo Hyun Jin) - 낙화 (다정이 Ver.) (Falling Flower)

Official site:http://program.tving.com/tvn/myspring

Plot

“You Are My Spring” is a healing romance drama, about the stories of people who live in a building where a murder case previously took place and who go about their adult lives with their seven-year-old selves in their hearts.

Notes

Yoon Kye Sang was previously in talks to play Joo Young Do, but it was revealed  that he was unable to accept the role due to scheduling conflicts.

Cast

Seo Hyun Jin as Kang Da Jung

Kim Dong Wook as Joo Young-do

Yoon Park as Chae Joon/Ian Norman Chase

Nam Gyu Ri as Ahn Ga Young

Kang Hoon as Kang Tae-jung

Lee Hae-Young as Ko Jin-Bok

Yun Ji-On as Park Ho

Kim Lee-Woo as Choi Sung-Joon

Ji Seung Hyun as Seo Ha-neul

Kim Ye Won as Park Eun Ha

Han Min as Park Chul Do

Park Ye Ni as Heo Yoo-kyung

Park Sang Nam as Patrick

Ji Seung-Hyun as Seo Ha-Neul

Yoon Sang Jung as Min Ah-ri

Hwang Seung Eon as Han Jin-ho

Kim Seo-Kyung as Cheon Seung-Won

Baek Hyun-Joo as Oh Mi-Kyung

Kim Myung-Joon as Na Min-Jae

Oh Hyun Kyung as Moon Mi-ran (Kang Da Jung`s mother)

Ok Ye-Rin as Kang Da-Jeong (child)

Seo Woo-Jin as Kang Tae-Jung (child)

Yoon Ji On as Detectiv Park Ho

Baek Hyun Joo as Nurse Oh

Jeon Young as Sangji Grocery owner (ep.1)

Kim Joo-A as church volunteer (ep.1,4)

Nam Mi-Jung as shaman (ep 2)

Hong Seong-Hwan as filming crew member (ep.2)

Lee Seung-Yeon as Ju Young-Do mother (ep.3)

Jung Ji-Hoon as Ju Young-Do (child) (ep.3)

Lee Joo-Won as Chase (child)

Kim Keum-Soon as stationary store owner (ep 3-4)

Paul Battle as Dr Chris Bale (ep 4)

Sung No Jin as church memeber (ep 4)

Yoon Boo-Jin as food stall vendor (ep.4)

Jung Young-Keum as sick woman (ep.4)

Character descriptions

Kang Da Jung (Seo Hyun Jin) is a hotel concierge manager who takes after her father’s brains and her mother’s resourcefulness. She has never attended a private cram school like her peers, but she enters and finishes college with scholarships. She then goes on to find a job at a five-star hotel and rises up to the manager position faster than any of her fellow employees who were hired at the same time as her. Her problem is that she also takes after her mother’s poor choice in men and dates men who are terrible like her father. When she moves to the building for a fresh start, but she ends up facing her childhood as she gets involved with Joo Young Do and the murder case.

Joo Young Do (Kim Dong Wook)is a psychiatrist who is intelligent and helps others overcome their emotional struggles. However, he has lived his entire life without being healed for his own emotional wounds.

Chae Joon (Yoon Park) is the head of an investment company who suddenly appears in front of Kang Da Jung one day and seems to understand her perfectly.

Ahn Ga Young (Nam Gyu Ri) is an actress who has become fearful of love after being hurt by her manager, who was also her boyfriend.

Character chart

e6a1f28e4f6dc79581e67c382e2537d0a280bf02

Spoiler

You-Are-My-Spring-2.jpeg

You-Are-My-Spring-1.jpeg

You-Are-My-Spring-3.jpeg

You-Are-My-Spring-4.jpeg

Posters

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] You Are My Spring, 너는 나의 봄 - Seo Hyun Jin & Kim Dong Wook - Premieres in the first half 2021

Seo Hyun Jin In Talks For New Drama By Co-Director Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

d7611e25b2d440779bb7b876f21ee0cd.jpeg?s=

Sep 14, 2020
by U. Kim

Seo Hyun Jin may be returning with a new drama called “You Are My Spring” (literal title)!

On September 14, Ilgan Sports cited a drama industry source who stated, “Seo Hyun Jin will play the main character Kang Da Jung of the drama ‘You Are My Spring.'”

A source from Seo Hyun Jin’s agency Management SOOP clarified, “Seo Hyun Jin has received an offer for ‘You Are My Spring’ and is positively reviewing it.”

“You Are My Spring” is about three characters who each live on with their seven-year-old selves in their hearts. All of the characters are held back by the keyword “salvation,” and the story begins there. The drama aims to be a “healing” romance story of seven-year-olds hiding behind adult facades.

The character Kang Da Jung is a hotel concierge manager who takes after her father’s brains and her mother’s resourcefulness. She has never attended a private cram school like her peers, but she enters and finishes college with scholarships. She then goes on to find a job at a five-star hotel and rises up to the manager position faster than any of her fellow employees who were hired at the same time as her. Her problem is that she also takes after her mother’s poor choice in men and dates men who are terrible like her father.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1425343wpp/seo-hyun-jin-in-talks-for-new-drama-by-co-director-of-the-king-eternal-monarch

Seo Hyun-Jin offered lead role in drama “You are My Spring”

You-Are-My-Spring-SHJ.jpg

Seo Hyun-Jin has been offered the lead female role in new drama series “You are My Spring” (literal title). Currently, Seo Hyun-Jin is “positively considering” the offer. The drama series will be directed by Jung Ji-Hyun (“Mr. Sunshine“/”Search: WWW“) and scripted by Lee Mi-Na (“Bubble Gum“). If Seo Hyun-Jin accepts, she will play hotel concierge manager Kang Da-Jung.

Exact broacasting network, airing dates, or other castings has yet be announced.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Kang Da-Jung graduated from a university, while on a scholarship, and she got a job at a five-star hotel. She nows as a concierge manager for the five-star hotel. She is smart and adept at maintaining her livelihood. She meets then meets a man of dubious quality. Her mother also married a man with similar low qualities.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/seo-hyun-jin-offered-lead-role-in-drama-you-are-my-spring

Yoon Kye Sang Joins Seo Hyun Jin In Talks For New Drama By “The King: Eternal Monarch” Co-Director

9ef742ab2cf4458cb1c000860e70143a.jpeg?s=

Nov 13, 2020
by E. Cha

Yoon Kye Sang may be starring opposite Seo Hyun Jin in an upcoming drama!

On November 13, Korean news outlet Ilgan Sports reported that Yoon Kye Sang had been cast as the male lead of the drama “You Are My Spring” (literal translation).

Later that morning, Yoon Kye Sang’s agent confirmed that the actor had been offered a role in the drama, but clarified that he is still in talks and that nothing has yet been decided. The agent stated, “He did receive a casting offer for [‘You Are My Spring’]. It is one of several projects that he is currently considering.”

“You Are My Spring” is described as a drama about three people who go about their adult lives with their seven-year-old selves in their hearts—and who are all held back by the keyword “salvation.” The drama will be helmed by producing director (PD) Jung Ji Hyun of “Mr. Sunshine,” “Search: WWW,” and “The King: Eternal Monarch.” Seo Hyun Jin is currently in talks to play the female lead.

Yoon Kye Sang is said to have been offered the role of Joo Young Do, a psychiatrist who helps others heal their emotional wounds and find the will to live. However, he himself bears his own scars from not having been able to save his older brother and one of his patients.

“You Are My Spring” is currently scheduled to premiere sometime in the first half of 2021.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1437630wpp/yoon-kye-sang-joins-seo-hyun-jin-in-talks-for-new-drama-by-the-king-eternal-monarch-co-director

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Kim Dong Wook In Talks Along With Seo Hyun Jin For Upcoming tvN Drama

4acd51c1330b4fa683b72166276e04ac.jpeg?s=

Dec 31, 2020
by D. Kim

Kim Dong Wook and Seo Hyun Jin may be meeting in a new drama!

On December 31, an industry representative reported that Kim Dong Wook will be starring in the upcoming tvN drama “You Are My Spring” (literal title).

In response to the report, his agency KeyEast Entertainment commented, “Kim Dong Wook received an offer to star in the new drama ‘You Are My Spring,’ and he is positively reviewing it.”

The drama is about three people who go about their adult lives with their seven-year-old selves in their hearts—and who are all held back by the keyword “salvation.” Kim Dong Wook was offered the role of Joo Young Do, a psychiatrist who helps others heal their emotional wounds and find the will to live. However, he himself bears his own scars from not having been able to save his older brother and one of his patients.

Seo Hyun Jin is in talks to play the female lead Kang Da Jung. Yoon Kye Sang was previously in talks to play Joo Young Do, but tvN revealed on December 31 that he was unable to accept the role due to scheduling conflicts.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446268wpp/kim-dong-wook-in-talks-along-with-seo-hyun-jin-for-upcoming-tvn-drama

Seo Hyun Jin, Kim Dong Wook, Yoon Park, And Nam Gyu Ri Confirmed For New Romance Drama

56fb1e9d965e483fa7a40db4745e506e.jpeg?s=

Jan 7, 2021
by D. Kim

Upcoming drama “You Are My Spring” (literal title) has confirmed its main cast!

On January 7, it was confirmed that Seo Hyun Jin, Kim Dong Wook, Yoon Park, and Nam Gyu Ri will be starring in the upcoming tvN drama.

Described as a “healing romance” drama, it will be about the stories of people who live in a building where a murder case previously took place and who go about their adult lives with their seven-year-old selves in their hearts.

Seo Hyun Jin will play Kang Da Jung, a hotel concierge manager who moves to the building for a fresh start, but she ends up facing her childhood as she gets involved with Joo Young Do and the murder case. Kim Dong Wook’s character Joo Young Do is a psychiatrist who is intelligent and helps others overcome their emotional struggles. However, he has lived his entire life without being healed for his own emotional wounds.

Yoon Park will take on the role of Chae Joon, the head of an investment company who suddenly appears in front of Kang Da Jung one day and seems to understand her perfectly. Nam Gyu Ri will transform into Ahn Ga Young, an actress who has become fearful of love after being hurt by her manager, who was also her boyfriend.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1447412wpp/seo-hyun-jin-kim-dong-wook-yoon-park-and-nam-gyu-ri-confirmed-for-new-romance-drama

• Like 5
  • Love 3

i’m here! I’m here! 
what’s up what’s up?! 
i suddenly felt like
:rickroll: With @SweetLullaby 

hehehehe

———-

Seo.... Here’s the thread! :sparklyeyes:
make some noise! HAHA

Thanks @larus for starting the thread. 
ugh! I can’t get over of that photo! (YAMS main casts)..  can already feel some spark! (And i like that most of us here liked the pairing!)

After all dramas of this drama, they ended up with better casts.. i just hope and pray for the story to be really good and catchy.

———-

I’m so stoked not only that we’ll get to see our queen on screen again but also, 

i am seeing (old members/ Hyunjinies) again! Wow! Nice to meet y’all here! :waves:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

January 7 2021

Seo Hyun-Jin & Kim Dong-Wook cast in tvN drama “You Are My Spring”

You-Are-My-Spring-SM01.jpg

Seo Hyun-Jin and Kim Dong-Wook are cast in tvN drama series “You Are My Spring” (literal title).  Yoon Park and Nam Gyu-Ri are also cast for major supporting roles. In the drama series, Seo Hyun-Jin will play Kang Da-Jung. She works as a hotel concierge. Kim Dong-Wook will play Joo Young-Do. He works as a psychiatrist. They live in the same apartment building and a murder takes place there.

“You Are My Spring” will first air sometime during the first half of this year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: People with a childish state of mind now live as adults. They happen to live in a building where a murder takes place.

When she was a child, Kang Da-Jung (Seo Hyun-Jin) stayed at an inn in Gangneung for a short time, but she considers that inn as a home of her heart. Now, she works as a hotel concierge manager. She moves to the Gugu Building. There, she gets involved in a murder case and with her neighbor Joo Young-Do (Kim Dong-Wook). He lives downstairs from her.

Joo Young-Do works as a psychiatrist. He became a psychiatrist to help make suicidal people want to live again. He is smart and looks into people’s wounded heart, but he also has a wounded heart. He has never been comforted by anyone.

Chae Joon (Yoon Park) is the CEO of an investment company. One day, he suddenly appears in front of Kang Da-Jung. He has feelings for her and expresses his feeling to her.

An Ga-Young (Nam Gyu-Ri) is an actress. She was used by her ex-boyfriend and ex-manager. Afterwards, she became afraid to love someone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

From the latest synopsis, looks like there'll be a love triangle! And living in that building where a murder case takes place, does add some eerie and mysterious vibes to this healing romance drama. The storyline is getting more interesting!

Highly anticipating!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Seo Hyun-jin, Kim Dong-wook, Yoon Park, and Nam Gyuri confirmed for new tvN drama

by tccolb

202101071423466382_t_20210107142429046.jpg
Kim Dong-wook, Seo Hyun-jin

A new drama has been lined up for tvN called You Are My Spring and casting has been confirmed for Seo Hyun-jin (Black Dog), Kim Dong-wook (Find Me in Your Memory), Yoon Park (Birthcare Center), and Nam Gyuri (Kairos).

The story is about a group of adults who are each still struggling with their inner child and trying to navigate the grown-up world around them. By happenstance, they all end up living in the same building together and the seeds for romance are sown. But their lives are thrown for a loop when a murder suddenly takes place in the building.

Seo Hyun-jin takes on the role of Kang Da-jung. She doesn’t remember a lot about her childhood, but she once stayed at a little motel by the sea and her memories there became forever cherished in her heart. When she became older, she entered the industry of hospitality and now works as a hotel concierge manager. In order to make a fresh start in her life, she moves into a new building. But is forced to confront her past when the murder incident unfolds and she becomes acquainted with downstairs neighbor, Kim Dong-wook.

Kim’s character is psychiatrist Joo Young-do, who became a doctor to help save lives. And he chose psychiatry to help those who don’t want to live or those who struggle with living a life worth living. With sharp intellect and deductive reasoning, he seems cool when he quickly analyzes different situations. However, in reality, he feels like big dork on the inside and he hides emotional scars from his past that remain unresolved.

Yoon Park plays Chae Joon, the CEO of an investment company. His personality runs in both directions, sometimes being warm-hearted and sweet, and sometimes colder than ice. He mysteriously appears in Seo Hyun-jin’s life one day and makes his romantic interest clear. What’s even stranger is that he always seems to know the right thing to say or do, as if he read a manual that was written all about Seo Hyun-jin.

Nam Gyuri plays the part of an actress named Ahn Ga-young, who is a bundle of contradictions. She is a person you both love and hate, at times lovely and at times annoying. And although she seems pitiful, she is also well-grounded and someone you can depend on. Her last boyfriend had also been her manager, but he manipulated her and left her traumatized after their relationship ended badly. Due to this experience, she is now fearful of falling in love again.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/seo-hyun-jin-kim-dong-wook-yoon-park-and-nam-gyuri-confirmed-for-new-tvn-drama/

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Nam Gyu Ri, Yoon Park mentioned about their roles in 'You Are My Spring' on radio interview!

Nam Gyu Ri: "In this drama, I play as someone who're very cheerful, cute, lovable and somewhat annoying yet relatively slick."

Yoon Park: "I play as a person who truly and purely loves someone."

(Rough Eng trans based on weibo fansite chi trans)

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Omo @hola2jin i'm surprised that the casts are starting to promote the drama already :gangnamstyle: it's supposed to air only in June ya? Ha~~ :grimace:

Source:

On 1/7/2021 at 7:12 PM, SweetLullaby said:

Dropping by because my fellow hyunjinnies told me to:P I’m so excited

Ya ok ok@SweetLullaby i'm starting to get excited !!:partyblob::rickroll:

Plus - script reading is - :evilelmo:too..toooo....tomorrow!! 

wow.. another stunning actress in the cast :)

♡♡ ok back to waiting mode - tks to gif owner:

0069CDzEgy1gmigj3kuqfg60p00b61l002.gif

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

10 hours ago, Supergal 2016 said:

Omo @hola2jin i'm surprised that the casts are starting to promote the drama already  it's supposed to air only in June ya? Ha~~

@Supergal 2016 Ah ha! Finally you're here! Too busy watching hotties drama???:D Yeah, I love these casts quite active on social media, if not we'll wait for updates like "giraffe"! Let's see any of them will give us treat on friday!

10 hours ago, Supergal 2016 said:

wow.. another stunning actress in the cast :)

Bingo! Waiting and wondering will you post this here! Thanks! She looks a bit different from LE2 but still pretty! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Supergal 2016 @hola2jin

i was on her IG Live that time. Haha 

i din’t understand what she was sayong until I :luvarrow: when she mentioned SHJ. So this is what she’s talking about and I was so clueless at all :wut:

————-

i agree. She really has grown up. I mean with her looks and her acting. She was on a recent drama, am I right?! 
and happy she’ll be able to act again with HJ! Hmmm can’t wait to see them both on screen again. 
kinda curious what’s goin on today woth the script reading.. 

just checked their IGs and no update still haha (am just being so excited i guess) errrrr

https://twitter.com/inspiredbyshj/status/1352457903106453509?s=21

(need to post on twitter just to copy the link and be able to post here.. my bad i really have poor skills haha biane)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3

• 2 weeks later...