[Drama 2021] You Are My Spring, 너는 나의 봄

larus

“You Are My Spring” Viewership Ratings Fall To New Personal Low

9af1a0928ca649e8b7eae6d7838ec586.jpeg?s=

Jul 28, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN’s “You Are My Spring” has seen another dip in ratings this week.

According to Nielsen Korea, the July 27 episode of “You Are My Spring” recorded average nationwide ratings of 1.989 percent. This is the drama’s lowest ratings to date. The previous lowest ratings had been 2.068 percent, meaning that this is also the drama’s first time falling into the 1 percent range.

“You Are My Spring” stars Seo Hyun Jin and Kim Dong Wook in a romance drama about a group of people who live in an apartment where a murder took place. Although they are all fully grown adults, they go about their lives with their seven-year-old selves in their hearts.

Meanwhile, there have been several TV schedule changes due to the coverage of the Tokyo Olympics.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1481164wpp/you-are-my-spring-viewership-ratings-fall-to-new-personal-low

Behind the scene

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, emmie said:

I’m enjoying the scenes between our leads.  Like slow burn romance story. But the creepy undertones is ….  Who is spying on Ian and why?

Couldn’t he be the man who’s managing the foster home before? 

Ian looks so innocent but so as chae joon..so he’s really hiding something.

6 hours ago, hola2jin said:

Da Jung long msg! :w00t:

Omg! Her last 2 message is sooo funny, why carrot and cucumber??? What is she thinking??? Hahahaha

• LOL 2

I am honestly not understanding how we got through the last 2 episodes with only a hug ...

I might be in the minority here but Ga-Yeong is starting to rival our leads in cuteness, she was a full on scene stealer these last 2 episodes.

Young-Do's secretary has come into her own this last episode as well - her scenes intercepting people going up and down the stairs was priceless :lol:

I can't understand those ratings ... I'm loving this drama

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

I really like Young-do but whenever DJ and Chase are onscreen together I couldn't help but wish they are the OTP. 

I think the ratings has to do with the Olympics. A JTBC drama I am watching didn't broadcast due to this. I wish they chose not to broadcast because the articles would only focus on the huge ratings drop. The low rating is really not what I wanted for SHJ's long awaited drama. Sigh. 

For me I didn't like the friend's imaginary scenes. Instead, I would have liked more scenes at the police station. Somehow I found myself comparing the way AOHY and Beauty Inside director handled comedy scenes with YAMS director. Scenes with chilly undertones are fine but scenes that are supposed to be funny seems forced to me. 

And what is with the unnamed couple in the coffee shop? Are they a relative of the PD? They kept showing up. 

Someone might tell me why bother watching YAMS if all you write about is negative. Sigh. I dropped the drama preceding YAMS in just one episode. But it really is disappointing because I find myself fast forwarding and feeling bored. Time to decide whether I should continue or just drop this. 

• Like 2

I was waffling between this drama and Nevertheless and decided to try this and OMG what a wonderful first episode. The camerawork is beautiful and the whole story was so captivating. Love her role, she always picks great roles that really manages to showcase her talent. Sad background but amazing characters.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2021/07/26/you-are-my-spring-eps-7-8-open-thread/

I usually go to this site when they're discussing a current drama I am watching. The posters would go into such detailed analysis that I found so helpful while watching YAMS PD's drama The King:Eternal Monarch.

The comments are amazing and it's giving me some food for thoughts about YAMS. 

• Thanks 1

I think it's official: Seo Hyeon-Jin is a fairy and can have chemistry with absolutely anyone.

Not to say that the actor playing Yeong-Do isn't perfect. I love him.

Da-Jeong and Yeong-Do are like two baby chicks slowly walking towards each other, emotionally speaking. Adorable and fluffy.

I love how all their friends are also really cute, too. I love the actor Ji Seung-Hyeon who is playing the vet. He usually plays really serious dudes, but he has great comic timing, so I am happy to see him here.

The dark stuff is intriguing. I want to know what's going on.

As far the tonal shifts go - I tell people to give two episodes to a K-drama before deciding if they like it. This one takes longer, it's true. But I think it's worth it.

• Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

New stills.

Original image

The scene of 'instant confrontation' in which Seo Hyun Jin and Yoon Park are standing facing each other with a sad expression was captured. In the play, Chase,  who had a bandage on his injured hand, suddenly approached Kang Da Jung as if threatened. Chase, who was approaching Kang Da Jung while speaking expressionlessly, blocked Da Jung with one arm, and Kang Da Jung looked at Chase with determination, hiding her fear. The two people's gazes, who faced each other tightly without backing down, created a sense of urgency that made their hands sweat, raising questions about why Chase pushed Kang Da Jung. ....

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/112/0003461579

[Eng Sub] Behind-the-scenes (Ep 7, 8)

https://youtu.be/7er2zaFXhtI

Edited by hola2jin
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

Wow the writing is so good in this drama. I am so glad I picked it up. Why for heaven's sake is the rating this low. It is a very good drama. I hope they don't lose hope and finish it well. I hope the critical praise makes them proud to be part of the drama.

• Like 2

Stills-Ep 9

Original image

The 9th episode, which will be aired on August 2nd, contains the moment of 'healing moment' when Seo Hyun Jin is crying in a storm as if she has disarmed, and Kim Dong Wook gives consolation to help overcome her wounds. In the play, Joo Young Do warmly hugs Kang Da Jung, who is crying profusely. After talking with Joo Young Do, Kang Da Jung, who was about to go back, suddenly bursts into tears, pouring out her inner feelings that she has not been able to reveal before. When Kang Da Jung, who had been crying while covering her face with both hands, finallly wailed in pain, Joo Young Do quietly approached her and hugged & patted her. As for the reason why Kang Da Jung is crying, the scene of 'Hug over Munchle' is raising curiosity. ...

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000474450

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Still-Ep 9 :ohboy2:

Original image

Seo Hyun Jin and Kim Dong Wook make the heartbeat of the small screen fluctuate with 'Breathless Sunset Kiss' with the red-tinted sunset in the background.

Seo Hyun Jin and Kim Dong Wook had a serious discussion with director Jung Ju Hyun for a natural scene ahead of the shooting of 'Sunset Kiss'. In particular, the two struggled, such as taking various poses to save Joo Young Do, who was sitting asleep, and Kang Da Jung, who was standing with her back bent. Not only that, but the production team also put a lot of effort into filming just in time for the setting sun to set in order to create a beautiful kissing scene. After all the actors and the production team worked together and made a special effort, a fantastic scene was completed.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/109/0004450738

Bts.

"Rhythm genius Kang Da Jung who will take lessons

once I get it first, everyone's out of the way!!"

Edited by hola2jin
  • Like 5
  • Love 1