[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel Princess上阳赋

sugarplum892

Thanks for the video 

OMG I didn't see that coming! Huein killed Aunt Xu? But WHY? I hope she will survive!! Awu needs her, she helps Awu stays alert and aware of people around her and the most important she loves and always loyal to Awu.
Hue'in has reached the point of no return, he thought he could be or trespass xiao qi, but he could never....

8 hours ago, The.Lannister said:

My only hope from the finale was/is that they don't spoil XQ's character. It has been going great so far with his story line

Xiao Qi, my love for his character won't change even if writers spoil him at the end lmao

I have fallen hard since the very beginning lol

:wub:

Less than 48hours... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Blooming Blossoms said:

:'( I was secretly hoping General song was only faking his betrayal to Xiao Qi so that he can find a way to help Xiao Qi during battle but this spoiler pretty much confirms he is no longer good. So sad. I really liked his character. 

Me too.When he was genuinely emotional for the dead men in Xiao's army I still had a sliver of hope for him.Looks like this Darth Vader will only get sense in his head on deathbed.Sigh!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, samantha ngo li said:

This is a really good drama series.  From what I read the ratings aren't that great in China. :(

I hope the audience got over the age thing and gave this drama a chance.

Two more sleeps and then we find out the finale!!

Totally agree with you there. Right from the beginning the age thing never bothered me at all. The storyline itself way surpasses that. Can't express how much love I have for Awu and Xiao Qi. I have never been so obsessed with any drama before. Everything about this drama is just so mesmerising from the actors, production, costume, music and OMG to the way Xiao Qi moves in battle. Love it all. I'm so sad that its coming to an end. What will I do with myself once it ends :')

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

On 2/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, Rose Antwi said:

@jacquelinetanI am also waiting for Awus reaction and I'm hoping she will not disappoint as so far I am with holding judgement. I can understand her question of being "Mother of the Nation" however even benevolent mothers punish their children when they are wrong as how else will they learn morality. In short every actions have consequences and there is a price to be paid. I can also understand that she does want want to tell her husband as this my plunge the Nation into disarray, but she may also lose her husband, as there can be only one winner and losing means death. On the other hand Awu's noble idea of peace is great in theory, but sadly foolish as she is always at the mercy of others. No control means being controlled by others and she always ends up being a chess piece unwittingly in the fight for power. In short, either play the game or be played. Xiao Qi has learnt his lesson and is taking control unwilling to be played. Awu is just to principled and this is her weakness and her strength. So, I am conflicted with her character. 

Zitan, is an idiot, not realising he is making the same mistake as his brother, treason and love of a woman. The only difference is the woman he loves does not love him back. He he hates what he has becoming, but can't stop himself and the more he does the more incompetent he looks, he has less power than he thinks he does. 

Sinjuar is interesting she, has gained everything but gained nothing. The love she wants will never be hers, the baby she is carrying is some on elses and she is constant fear of being found out. I would be quite happy for to return to being a maid.

In summary all the characters are flawed and interesting. The most principled characters in my mind are Awu and Xiao Qi, though Awu has some growing up to do to be an equal with Xiao Qi because at this present moment she a few steps behind.

What an angle to study these characters. Aside from other useless characters,  the prime minister is also an enigma. I admire and look down upon him at the same time. I mean, he really believes that he is capable more than anyone else to rule that's why he wants to seize the throne from his utterly manipulable nephew.  From the onset, he knows the value of Xiao Qi, in spite of his humble beginning but recognizes his talents. As Xiao Qi would say, "it is not me that they want, it is my military power." But Xiao Qi, your military power is synonymous with you, like it or not.  I do not think that Awu is 100% too principled but more or less naive at times. Case in point, her sudden devotion to Qianer and her awful mother.  She can be astute and can play the game. She did not blink to use her sister-in-law as a bargaining chip with Zilv. Or order for her spy to kill Zilv during his wedding. That was acute thinking. But she became muddle-headed in these last few episodes 38- 48.  Xiao Qi is a class of his own. Level-headed, realistic, yet idealistic but is tempered with his understanding of human nature. I think one thing I like about him is that he does not see himself as the center of the world, devoid of narcissism because he knows that if he falls for that that will be his downfall. 

On 2/22/2021 at 6:32 PM, Jolie Bijoux said:

@Rose Antwi

Before I felt exactly like you, thought Awu needs to level-up quickly and be equal with Xiao Qi.

Till I found this article on weibo, it is well written by "Shining Stars and Happiness" on weibo. 

The link to the article :   https://m.weibo.cn/status/4606411038531548

Thanks to Google for translating 

He/She wrote : 

Hide contents

Why do we feel that Xiao Qi and Awu seem to be not on the same pace?

(This post is purely my subjective discussion on the spiritual world of the characters. It is neither intended to excuse the plot, nor is it intended to be logically self-consistent for the character's personality.) When

Xiao Qi and Awu met, whether it was age, class, experience, or metaphysical There is a huge gap in the spiritual world.

As mentioned in the previous article, Xiao Qi has completed the process of self-construction and self-reconciliation long before he met A-Wu.

His understanding and thinking of self and the external world is his own power, which cannot be influenced by others, and cannot be taken away by others.
When his power grows stronger, when he understands himself more and more, when he becomes more and more awake, when he can step into more and more worlds, he becomes himself.

This process is long and lonely.
(In fact, Wang Lin is the same. So he is also lonely.) In

other words, what is presented to the audience is Xiao Qi whose self-consciousness has reached the ultimate form.

But there are very few people like Xiao Qi.
All sentient beings are struggling more with suffering and desire.

The same is true for Awu.
In a short period of time, she has encountered more and more changes and betrayals.
When the nature of the external world has far exceeded the limit of her cognition and understanding, the anxiety and fear of her inner world cannot be alleviated at once.

She couldn't have enough time to construct and reconcile herself like Xiao Qi, so she fell into a passive self-protection.

She can only rely on instinct, relying on the Confucian doctrine of the golden mean that was implanted since childhood to drive her behavior.

One is Xiao Qi in the ultimate form, and the other is Awu who is still developing and changing. The former is already the result of qualitative changes, while the latter is still undergoing quantitative changes. Therefore, it makes us feel that the two are not at the same pace.

Another insightful analysis of Xiao Qi's character.  We have yet to find his weakness aside from hiding the truth of his adopted kids, and feeding Awu with infertility soup. Lol!  Darn, this guy is perfect and we want one just like him for ourself. 

On 2/22/2021 at 8:30 PM, Thuc Duyen said:

@Jolie Bijoux Thank you for posting that translation. Yes, I do feel that Awu and Xiao Qi are out of sync. XQ has faced many adversities in his life having to learn and process things alone. In addition, the army has taught him to rely on himself, making strategies so he is more measured and confident with being himself. Awu’s life has been pampered so when she is facing difficulties, I feel that she does make good decision but she is kind of becoming a bit numb or vulnerable afterwards. Funny that the person on Weibo mentioned about Wang Lin, I feel that the only person that understands Xiao Qi’s qualities and motives is daddy Wang. He is calculating, scheming all along but he is true to himself and confident with his own decisions whether you agree with him or not.

Yes, the prime minister is a character to be reckoned with.  The rest of them are really useless, oops.  I love Ayea, Yuxiu, and the rest of the generals Hu, and Hu Yao and Tai ging. Even Peng Gui. But the rest of them are supper irritating. 

6 hours ago, Blooming Blossoms said:

Totally agree with you there. Right from the beginning the age thing never bothered me at all. The storyline itself way surpasses that. Can't express how much love I have for Awu and Xiao Qi. I have never been so obsessed with any drama before. Everything about this drama is just so mesmerising from the actors, production, costume, music and OMG to the way Xiao Qi moves in battle. Love it all. I'm so sad that its coming to an end. What will I do with myself once it ends :')

I will have the same problem as you. I have lived in these past couple of weeks swathed in Xiao Qi's aura.  But i have just installed a Xiao Qi wielding a sword as my wallpaper in my iPhone! XO

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, gingemintrose said:

What an angle to study these characters. Aside from other useless characters,  the prime minister is also an enigma. I admire and look down upon him at the same time. I mean, he really believes that he is capable more than anyone else to rule that's why he wants to seize the throne from his utterly manipulable nephew.  From the onset, he knows the value of Xiao Qi, in spite of his humble beginning but recognizes his talents. As Xiao Qi would say, "it is not me that they want, it is my military power." But Xiao Qi, your military power is synonymous with you, like it or not.  I do not think that Awu is 100% too principled but more or less naive at times. Case in point, her sudden devotion to Qianer and her awful mother.  She can be astute and can play the game. She did not blink to use her sister-in-law as a bargaining chip with Zilv. Or order for her spy to kill Zilv during his wedding. That was acute thinking. But she became muddle-headed in these last few episodes 38- 48.  Xiao Qi is a class of his own. Level-headed, realistic, yet idealistic but is tempered with his understanding of human nature. I think one thing I like about him is that he does not see himself as the center of the world, devoid of narcissism because he knows that if he falls for that that will be his downfall. 

Another insightful analysis of Xiao Qi's character.  We have yet to find his weakness aside from hiding the truth of his adopted kids, and feeding Awu with infertility soup. Lol!  Darn, this guy is perfect and we want one just like him for ourself. 

Yes, the prime minister is a character to be reckoned with.  The rest of them are really useless, oops.  I love Ayea, Yuxiu, and the rest of the generals Hu, and Hu Yao and Tai ging. Even Peng Gui. But the rest of them are supper irritating. 

I will have the same problem as you. I have lived in these past couple of weeks swathed in Xiao Qi's aura.  But i have just installed a Xiao Qi wielding a sword as my wallpaper in my iPhone! XO

That is too funny. I have a husband who is just not into dramas so I've got a cute photo of Xiao Qi and Awu as my phone screen saver just to be on his good side. As soon as he is unaware I will change it to only Xiao Qi :') 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Tomorrow cannot come any faster while I eagerly wait for the last episodes of TRP. So in meantime I'm re-watching TRP and these few points occurred to me:

* I really miss the kind and loyal General song

* If I lived during that era I would surely die early. I don't have the brains to scheme against everyone.

* Wang Lin is just too smart

* Empress dowager is one tough cookie

* Love Xiao Qi even more

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, Blooming Blossoms said:

Tomorrow cannot come any faster while I eagerly wait for the last episodes of TRP. So in meantime I'm re-watching TRP and these few points occurred to me:

* I really miss the kind and loyal General song

* If I lived during that era I would surely die early. I don't have the brains to scheme against everyone.

* Wang Lin is just too smart

* Empress dowager is one tough cookie

* Love Xiao Qi even more

For those interested I found this blog that recaps each episode so far: 

https://cyn-lynn.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-rebel-princess-recap-and-review.html?m=1

Edited by samantha ngo li
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

In recent interview of Zhou Yi Wei on his role playing next to ZZ. He just said that she is a great actress and her experience made it really easy for him as they just know what to do. The kiss scene in ep34 with him trying to give her the medecine was so natural that it makes it real. He also said that our couple would have a very deep discussion about the meaning of being an emperor/empress in the upcoming episods so fans should watch out for this meaningful conversation. Here is the link

Edited by Thuc Duyen
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Thuc Duyen said:

In recent interview of Zhou Yi Wei on his role playing next to ZZ. He just said that she is a great actress and her experience made it really easy for him as they just know what to do. The kiss scene in ep34 with him trying to give her the medecine was so natural that it makes it real. He also said that our couple would have a very deep discussion about the meaning of being an emperor/empress in the upcoming episods so fans should watch out for this meaningful conversation. Here is the link

I really need English subtitles:'(

I do not understand anything at all. But still fun to watch.

Love Xiao Qi

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Who is ready for the finale ?:sweatingbullets:

Im gonna prep my coffee, stay up all night to watch the last 5  episodes even it is RAW-_- and wait for summary online lmao.

Can't believe it's finally be over soon:(

First time Im fangirling over a drama (mostly over ZYWB))

This drama def climbs up to my top 3 all time fav cdrama :heart: 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, samantha ngo li said:

For those interested I found this blog that recaps each episode so far: 

https://cyn-lynn.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-rebel-princess-recap-and-review.html?m=1

This is such a good find!! To the point summary!! It helped me save so much time. Now I can just skip from 54 to 60. Though I will miss watching the tidbits of XQ & Wang Lin I will keep those parts for later. 

9 hours ago, Blooming Blossoms said:

That is too funny. I have a husband who is just not into dramas so I've got a cute photo of Xiao Qi and Awu as my phone screen saver just to be on his good side. As soon as he is unaware I will change it to only Xiao Qi :') 

XQ in his black silk robe with a slight case of bed head is my phone wallpaper too:wub:

17 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Me too.When he was genuinely emotional for the dead men in Xiao's army I still had a sliver of hope for him.Looks like this Darth Vader will only get sense in his head on deathbed.Sigh!

His fall surely hurts. He is the same guy who didn't relent under torture during the Zilu episode... from that to this. And my heart hurts more because he is married to Yuxiu who is just so precious. I shipped them so hard earlier now I wish they had never met:( Now according to the latest promo he stabs Aunt Xu. Wonder why he takes such an extreme step. Hope its not another kidnapping:joy:

55 minutes ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

Im gonna prep my coffee, stay up all night to watch the last 5  episodes even it is RAW-_- and wait for summary online lmao.

MEEE!! I hope they end the show on a good note. I have already downloaded the first 35 episodes of this show & watched all my favourite scenes numerous time :wub: No matter how it ends some scenes, some moments, some characters will remain with me forever! :heart:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

Me me me. I am definitely ready. Laptop charged. Mobile charged. Spare mobile charged. Ipad charged. Snacks checked. Drinks checked. I am super super excited. Not long to go now!!!!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, The.Lannister said:

MEEE!! I hope they end the show on a good note. I have already downloaded the first 35 episodes of this show & watched all my favourite scenes numerous time :wub: No matter how it ends some scenes, some moments, some characters will remain with me forever! :heart:

I rewatch on viki :D yes one of unforgettable drama for me! 

11 minutes ago, Blooming Blossoms said:

Me me me. I am definitely ready. Laptop charged. Mobile charged. Spare mobile charged. Ipad charged. Snacks checked. Drinks checked. I am super super excited. Not long to go now!!!!!

Excellant!! Love the excitement!!:lol:

It will air on 10PM at my time here, so I will watch silently with sleeping child lmaooo. 

Thanks to everyone here ! Happy to chase this drama with you guys! :wub:excited freak out GIF

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, Blooming Blossoms said:

Blooming Blossoms, Good for you, girl! I showed my iPhone wallpaper with Xiao Qi swordplay's awesomeness and those soulful eyes to my husband.  He really tolerates me with my fangirling Zhou YiWei.  He looked at me bemused and could not say anything else. LoL! 

6 hours ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

I'm not like you guys, I can't watch a series without the English subs. I would patiently wait.  Is it just me, the angst and anxiety level in these ensuing episodes are just too much. In the meantime while waiting for Eng. subs., I'm watching Shaolin Nirvana (The Great Shaolin) Starring Zhou Yiwei. It is so bewildering to see him take on a different role and persona; and believable at that. His acting style is fascinating. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

I rewatch on viki :D yes one of unforgettable drama for me! 

Excellant!! Love the excitement!!:lol:

It will air on 10PM at my time here, so I will watch silently with sleeping child lmaooo. 

Thanks to everyone here ! Happy to chase this drama with you guys! :wub:excited freak out GIF

Mine will air 12pm midday today so that means I will disappear for an extra long lunch break due to "traffic" :')

2 hours ago, gingemintrose said:

Blooming Blossoms, Good for you, girl! I showed my iPhone wallpaper with Xiao Qi swordplay's awesomeness and those soulful eyes to my husband.  He really tolerates me with my fangirling Zhou YiWei.  He looked at me bemused and could not say anything else. LoL! 

I'm not like you guys, I can't watch a series without the English subs. I would patiently wait.  Is it just me, the angst and anxiety level in these ensuing episodes are just too much. In the meantime while waiting for Eng. subs., I'm watching Shaolin Nirvana (The Great Shaolin) Starring Zhou Yiwei. It is so bewildering to see him take on a different role and persona; and believable at that. His acting style is fascinating. 

gingemintrose I am obsessed with this drama (by that I mean Xiao Qi) and cannot wait for English subtitles. I watch the raw episodes and pause after each sentence so that I can use Google translate. And as the English subtitles roll out I re-watch them too :')

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

9 hours ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

It drops around 8:00pm -8:30pm my time. So no caffeine needed. Lol

About two more hours to go! 

Fingers crossed for the final 5 episodes! I pray for a strong ending.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, The.Lannister said:

This is such a good find!! To the point summary!! It helped me save so much time. Now I can just skip from 54 to 60. Though I will miss watching the tidbits of XQ & Wang Lin I will keep those parts for later. 

XQ in his black silk robe with a slight case of bed head is my phone wallpaper too:wub:

His fall surely hurts. He is the same guy who didn't relent under torture during the Zilu episode... from that to this. And my heart hurts more because he is married to Yuxiu who is just so precious. I shipped them so hard earlier now I wish they had never met:( Now according to the latest promo he stabs Aunt Xu. Wonder why he takes such an extreme step. Hope its not another kidnapping:joy:

The.Lannister "XQ in his black silk robe with a slight case of bed head" is my phone wallpaper too:wub:

Can you tell me where to get that photo. I want it please!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1