[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel Princess上阳赋

sugarplum892

So in the end those spoilers were fake lol

Overall I am satisfied (even if they put too much stuff in the end) but the scenes between XQ and Awu were too few ; __; (I would have at least wanted to see Awu giving birth) Surely they cut a lot ... will it ever be possible to see the deleted scenes?

17 minutes ago, Eleonora said:

Overall I am satisfied (even if they put too much stuff in the end) but the scenes between XQ and Awu were too few ; __; (I would have at least wanted to see Awu giving birth) Surely they cut a lot ... will it ever be possible to see the deleted scenes?

Lmao. I feel you I was expecting like wise but I guess as what the writers said that it's really different from the novel.:lol:

45 minutes ago, Eleonora said:

Yeah the ending is totally different from the novel and the spoiler previous. The storyline are totally different from the novel for some characters. 

I do hope some unrelease/cut scenes will available. Esp for Xq and Awu. Some scene just jump here and there .

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Nelly Lauw said:

Yeah the ending is totally different from the novel and the spoiler previous. The storyline are totally different from the novel for some characters. 

I do hope some unrelease/cut scenes will available. Esp for Xq and Awu. Some scene just jump here and there .

Ditto. Considering they originally had about 80+ episodes?? Tbh I really want to see the uncut version. It'd explain all those weirdly edited scenes/characters that abruptly "died," and thoroughly explain everyone's story........ praying for an uncut version

On another note.. I'm having RP withdrawal... all I knew for the last two months were Xiao Qi, HZ, and Awu....... what to watch now?? Lol ***criess****

Edited by PurplrRain
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Nelly Lauw said:

I do hope some unrelease/cut scenes will available. Esp for Xq and Awu. Some scene just jump here and there

Spoiler

Agree! 

Thought I shouldnt complain since I got the happy ending I was hoping for, but If I could ask a little bit more scene of Awu & Xiao Qi.

Hu yao Died - checked

Yuxiu Died - checked

No time to mourn as prev commenter said. I dont even have time to cry a bit.

Writers using Gen Song went on killing spree in these last 5 episodes.

And Gen Song asked Awu to be his empress? feels a bit too rushed. If it were Zitan who asked, I could believe it lol. 

Maybe they gave too much screen time for Sujin'er, Qian'er(eq.when she went to see Monkey on the street, I missed out)

And Gu Cai Wei (she is very pretty and pleasant to look but I dont see an important role)

@pewpew mew tysm for the recaps :heart:

• Like 5

Thanks for the recaps!

I feel they did so much editing that they rushed the ending.

I was happy to find out that XQ & Awu's argument was all an act.  If for real would be heart breaking.

More sweet scenes with Awu & XQ would have been appreciated :blush:

To me it seems like General Song has really turned into a monster.  Yu Xiu just died and then he ask Awu to be his wife - so messed up! It seems like he tried to love Yu Xiu the way XQ really loved Awu.  He is a wannabe and want to be better than QX but it failed in the end.

For Daddy Wang to not feel anything for the killing of Auntie GuGu (Awu & her mom's maid) made him really heartless and anyone is disposable.  I guess she had to die to show that General Song couldn't go back to the "good" side.  So glad that Wang Su had a heart and saved the baby and went on the right side!  Would be awful for Awu's entire family to be greedy (except her mom of course).

On a side note - did you know that the youngest Court Minister (Gu Min Wen) is in real life Elder Princess actual son.  They must have pulled some strings for him to be in this drama.  He hardly had any lines and his role was some what unimportant anyone could have played him.

This is the first Chinese drama I was hooked on.  Sad to see it end but glad to get my life back :sparklyeyes:

Edited by samantha ngo li
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

I wish deeper n intimate conversation/scenes for Awu n xQ. They separated from ep 49 to 59. (10 episodes !)Previously when the couple had separated , it took 5 to 8 episodes to reunite.and the reunion scene involve just both of AW Xq on ep 60 is just in short conversation between them.

from ep 59 to 68 are very little screentime for the couple together LOL. May be due to the editting cut huhuhu

I love most their romance started from ep 11 to ep 37. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nelly Lauw said:

I wish deeper n intimate conversation/scenes for Awu n xQ. They separated from ep 49 to 59. (10 episodes !)Previously when the couple had separated , it took 5 to 8 episodes to reunite.and the reunion scene involve just both of AW Xq on ep 60 is just in short conversation between them.

from ep 59 to 68 are very little screentime for the couple together LOL. May be due to the editting cut huhuhu

agreed with you . I'm really quite disappointed since episodes 49 till the end their screen time is just a glimpse for me?Lol 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nelly Lauw said:

Agreed with you. The scenes were rushed in the last episods. They probably gave too much screen time to Su jiner snd Qianer, both of which are supporting roles. I wish we had more lovey scenes with our couple. I also wish that HZ survived and redeemed himself vis a vis our couple by avenging HT. Hu sister’s death was a bit rushed and you had no time to digest, especially she had been so loyal to XQ. Aunt Xu’s death was crual and does not deserve to be dumped in the woods like that. We still don’t know about Zitan’s fate ( is he leading a normal life ?). My wish was to see their baby or babies being born, healthy and having a happy life, propably too demanding but I need some resolution. At least daddy Wang said  it, he wants Awu to be alive ( showing her some love but too late unfortunately).

Edited by Thuc Duyen
  • Like 1

Have to agree these four episodes to the ending is a real rush. It was let on earlier that our couple came up with a plan to see who is the mastermind of everything. I suppose they revealed more than they thought. Zi Dan then Wang Lin and in the end General Song. I really loved the justice when he asked Wang Xuan to be his Empress and touching her face and the next thing was Xiao Qi shouting his name and followed by his arrow straight into his heart. This time he gave no face to the man who dare lay his dirty hands on his wife.

The one who wanted the throne got a few minutes sitting on it. Their 10 seconds of being an Emperor. Zi Dan gave up the throne and will remain at the family mausoleum for the rest of his life. Xiao Qi and Wang Xuan returns to Ningshou and they had this whole "Sound Of Music" day with the children. I like this ending of them just being common citizens.

Without his father handing orders down, Wang Su will end up with Lady Cai.

At least, Su Jin Er has some maternal instinct in protecting her own child. Finally, she has someone who will love her back.

Totally agree with Wang Su that the best thing Wang Lin did was to marry Wang Xuan to Xiao Qi.

• Like 12

A few points about this ending puzzle me. XQ started out to find out who was behind the massacre of his soldiers, clear their names & bring the culprit to justice. He found out who it was, cleared the names of his soldiers but he let the culprit escape? Isn't he going to question Awu about Zitan? People who actively planned all this were HZ, Zitan, Dowager,  Zilong. Out of these Zitan was the only one who colluded with a foreigner to betray his own people. So Awu saved a man who colluded with a foreign power, who massacred her husband's army, tried to kill her husband, managed to kill his brother & the Emperor of the country. And XQ has nothing to say to this? I understand you cannot behead emperors in open court but that is why there are poisons? Or at least a jail cell? You just let him go...?

Like you let Jiner go...who also colluded with a foreign power, sold you to a rapist, lied to your current Emperor about the child being his which would create a serious contender for the throne...

I do understand not everyone can kill someone when the actual time comes, especially when its people you spent a considerable time of your life with. It easier in theory than practice but surely you can manage to not actively help traitors & murderers? 

This ending for Zitan & Jiner just leaves open a possibility of a repeat of what happened with King Jianning with someone wanting to claim the throne 20 yrs later. Why keep such dangerous loose ends?

• Like 7
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, The.Lannister said:

A few points about this ending puzzle me. XQ started out to find out who was behind the massacre of his soldiers, clear their names & bring the culprit to justice. He found out who it was, cleared the names of his soldiers but he let the culprit escape? Isn't he going to question Awu about Zitan? People who actively planned all this were HZ, Zitan, Dowager,  Zilong. Out of these Zitan was the only one who colluded with a foreigner to betray his own people. So Awu saved a man who colluded with a foreign power, who massacred her husband's army, tried to kill her husband, managed to kill his brother & the Emperor of the country. And XQ has nothing to say to this? I understand you cannot behead emperors in open court but that is why there are poisons? Or at least a jail cell? You just let him go...?

Like you let Jiner go...who also colluded with a foreign power, sold you to a rapist, lied to your current Emperor about the child being his which would create a serious contender for the throne...

I do understand not everyone can kill someone when the actual time comes, especially when its people you spent a considerable time of your life with. It easier in theory than practice but surely you can manage to not actively help traitors & murderers? 

This ending for Zitan & Jiner just leaves open a possibility of a repeat of what happened with King Jianning with someone wanting to claim the throne 20 yrs later. Why keep such dangerous loose ends?

maybe they plan for the sequel?Lol but kidding aside these few episodes some kinda rush I agree to most people already watched the episodes complaining on how this could be like alot of scenes that need to be explain or something ?just like XQ told Song Huaien  that he knows that he's already against him. how did it happened ?we didn't even get to see how he found out? Lol 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Janemarry_0 said:

maybe they plan for the sequel?Lol but kidding aside these few episodes some kinda rush I agree to most people already watched the episodes complaining on how this could be like alot of scenes that need to be explain or something ?just like XQ told Song Huaien  that he knows that he's already against him. how did it happened ?we didn't even get to see how he found out? Lol 

Sequel: :fullofhearts: as long as we have ZYW in it:wub:

Another major thing which they skipped IMO is the whole planning Awu-XQ did to uncover who is working behind the scenes. It was their joint plan...would have been better to show how they planned, who told whom what & when in greater details at least in flash back:wacko: There have been so many unnecessary scenes in this drama & the ones they do cut are all the important ones:facepalm:

• Like 6

Seriously Asking 

I know Yuxiu died to Stop her husband from rebelling, but 

Aunt Xu and Hu Yao? 

They both died in vain in General Song's hand, why? 

Is it just to incriminating general song more ?

When gen song died, I cried for Xiao Qi, must be more painful to loose him than loosing Hu Guanglie, At least Hu Guanglie died in dignity

Who will raise Jing'Er? The baby needs a good mother/parents.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

Aunt Xu and Hu Yao? 

Is just it to incriminating general song more ?

When gen song died, I cried for Xiao Qi, must be more painful to loose him than loosing Hu Guanglie, At least Hu Guanglie died in dignity

I was thinking about this as well and thought that they did not deserve that end but instead Sujiner and Zitan who are evil and hurt people along the way  got to walk out as nothing has happened. There were quite a bit of unresolved businesses. Didn’t Awu promise Wanru to raise jiner or perhaps Wang Su with Caiwei’s help?

Edited by Thuc Duyen
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

Seriously Ask 

Aunt Xu and Hu Yao? 

Is it just to incriminating general song more ?

Yes this was another question I had. Who is the regent now? They showed us XQ & Awu are enjoying their time in Ningshuo with the children so then who will be Jinger's guardian/ regent? Like who is ruling that country??? :grimace:

Also dangermousie on Tumblr just shared the translation of the novel. The translation seems really good. In case anyone is interested here is the link

https://dangermousie.tumblr.com/post/644103336375779328/monarch-industry-novel-mtl

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, The.Lannister said:

Also dangermousie on Tumblr just shared the translation of the novel. The translation seems really good. In case anyone is interested here is the link

Thank you!  I have downloaded it lol

I will read it while keeping up with current youtube's episode (today is ep 50)

@Thuc Duyen yes Jin'er can "die" and her child can be raised in XQ&Awu's orphanage

@The.Lannister ikr, they can give us at least 73 episodes and we won't complain lol

• Like 6