[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel Princess上阳赋

sugarplum892

Hi everyone, I have another question, sorry lol, 

Awu lil cousin, wang Jin? I thought empress dowager called her to come to capital to be the wife of his son (emperor) ? But I read here, wang jin was trying to seduce XQ? 

Second question : does XQ aware of Gen Song's feeling/crush towards WX ? 

TIA

Also I really hate empress's arrogance, if not bc WX & XQ, she wont have that crown phoenix. Cant wait for her out of the scene.

• Like 6

The 2nd wedding in ep 33 was romantic and beautiful.:love:The general beautifully assures dearest wife about being the only one in his heart even when the equation of power has put her at a disadvantage. A man who can pledge allegiance to 1 woman at the height of his success is for keeps.The bar just went higher up than Mt.Everest.Zitan,General Song,Helan better readjust their sights to maidens who are smitten by them to avoid bitter future heartbreak.But then the trio is not known for their astuteness.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

Hi everyone, I have another question, sorry lol, 

Awu lil cousin, wang Jin? I thought empress dowager called her to come to capital to be the wife of his son (emperor) ? But I read here, wang jin was trying to seduce XQ? 

Second question : does XQ aware of Gen Song's feeling/crush towards WX ? 

TIA

Also I really hate empress's arrogance, if not bc WX & XQ, she wont have that crown phoenix. Cant wait for her out of the scene.

At first yes. But at the royal party, He lan ask the emperor for a princess from wang family. The only unmarried is wang jing. He lan did it on purpose. So wang jin n her mother look for help to cancel/escape the wed. But emperor already agreed. The evil empress suggested wang jin to seduce xiao qi  and become his concubine. If this succeed, she wont marry to helan.

The empress want to destroy Xq and awu happiness too.

I dont think Xq aware that Gen Song already fell in love with awu. He just thought gen song received bribes from Xie clans based on the book record he received. But song said his soldiers received it. He wasnt at place when the bribes (jewellery gold) sent to his place

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Nelly Lauw said:

At first yes. But at the royal party, He lan ask the emperor for a princess from wang family. The only unmarried is wang jing. He lan did it on purpose. So wang jin n her mother look for help to cancel/escape the wed. But emperor already agreed. The evil empress suggested wang jin to seduce xiao qi  and become his concubine. If this succeed, she wont marry to helan.

The empress want to destroy Xq and awu happiness too.

I dont think Xq aware that Gen Song already fell in love with awu. He just thought gen song received bribes from Xie clans based on the book record he received. But song said his soldiers received it. He wasnt at place when the bribes (jewellery gold) sent to his place

Thank you! I hope XQ wont fall for that and create misunderstanding. I hate when misunderstanding happens in the relationship lol. 

I cant wait to see Awu show her strenght and fight back so far I see empress is doing whatever she wants.

• Like 4

Watching back the subbed episodes, Zi Dan was told by his own father that he was glad Wang Xuan never married Zi Dan because he is so weak minded. He asked what he must do and the old Emperor told him need to own the country. I suppose that is what trigger him to the road for the throne. Of course, the old Emperor must have done it on purpose to get him on the same path. The old Emperor still want to get rid of the Wang siblings. For now, we know both are still alive. Wang Xuan's father fake his own death to make a comeback later.

Going back to Xiao Qi, Wang Xuan is indeed his weakness. He said that he had faced many battles and did not know fear till that day he saw a sword nearly stabbed into Wang Xuan. Then once again when rows of bloodied water was carried out when Wang Xuan had the miscarriage, the man must be adamant that Wang Xuan must never be near DEATH himself.

I loved it that Xiao Qi is the only person who will be able to witness Wang Xuan's playfulness and he match his wife's mood as well.

I believe Xiao Qi is totally disappointed with the new Emperor in his handling the crimes against the nations as he seemed to be sparing the nobles from punishment. Both Xiao Qi and Wang Xuan works for the people in mind.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

I understand that the lifestyles of the rich & famous & royal are very different from us peasants but really cant we have one normal wedding in that snake pit?? Is it necessary to rape or drug the other party in order to get them to marry you? Also, there are so many people there, why covet the married ones or those already in love with someone??? All their problems start because of their such tendencies!!! Is it that difficult to be just plain decent<_< Isn't it shocking that among all these snakes it was the King Cobra (the Prime Minister) who got his daughter married off in the most decent manner (I mean as decent as is possible for him!) No drugs, no rapes. He even went to convince the groom not once but twice :omg: Later he did use the Empress to pressurize XQ but that's still better than what the Empress keeps doing. I hope one of these times these rapists/ druggie end up sleeping with a eunuch. The morning after would be super fun :issohappy:

Also I truly hate how all these people just keep using Awu shamelessly. The old Emperor tried to kill her & XQ and then when that didnt work out pretended to apologize so he could use her to smuggle out the tiger tally. Then Wanru who was supposed to be her friend is now so actively plotting against her. She doesnt dare do anything to the PM or Empress who actually killed her clan & is so docile with that braindead husband of hers who raped her but wants to kill the only innocent person in that family Awu?? And they were once friends!!:smirk: And from the spoilers I gather she will use Awu later on:rage: 

How come Awu hasn't noticed how Jin er is all dolled up like some mini royal herself! Does she look like a maid anymore to anyone????:unamused:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

41 minutes ago, The.Lannister said:

I understand that the lifestyles of the rich & famous & royal are very different from us peasants but really cant we have one normal wedding in that snake pit?? Is it necessary to rape or drug the other party in order to get them to marry you? Also, there are so many people there, why covet the married ones or those already in love with someone??? All their problems start because of their such tendencies!!! Is it that difficult to be just plain decent<_< Isn't it shocking that among all these snakes it was the King Cobra (the Prime Minister) who got his daughter married off in the most decent manner (I mean as decent as is possible for him!) No drugs, no rapes. He even went to convince the groom not once but twice  Later he did use the Empress to pressurize XQ but that's still better than what the Empress keeps doing. I hope one of these times these rapists/ druggie end up sleeping with a eunuch. The morning after would be super fun

Also I truly hate how all these people just keep using Awu shamelessly. The old Emperor tried to kill her & XQ and then when that didnt work out pretended to apologize so he could use her to smuggle out the tiger tally. Then Wanru who was supposed to be her friend is now so actively plotting against her. She doesnt dare do anything to the PM or Empress who actually killed her clan & is so docile with that braindead husband of hers who raped her but wants to kill the only innocent person in that family Awu?? And they were once friends!!:smirk: And from the spoilers I gather she will use Awu later on:rage: 

How come Awu hasn't noticed how Jin er is all dolled up like some mini royal herself! Does she look like a maid anymore to anyone????:unamused:

I enjoyed reading your post.:smiley:

Smart Awu hits a blind spot when Jin'er is concerned.Jin'er tries her best to drawn attention to her odd behavior.Yet no one is interested to pick up the clues.If things proceed thus she will have to say out loud about her attempts at betrayal for Awu to sit up and finally take notice.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Watching back the subbed episodes, Zi Dan was told by his own father that he was glad Wang Xuan never married Zi Dan because he is so weak minded. He asked what he must do and the old Emperor told him heed to own the country. I suppose that is what trigger him to the road for the throne. Of course, the old Emperor must have done it on purpose to get him on the same path. The old Emperor still want to get rid of the Wang siblings. For now, we know both are still alive. Wang Xuan's father fake his own death to make a comeback later.

Going back to Xiao Qi, Wang Xuan is indeed his weakness. He said that he had faced many battles and did not know fear till that day he saw a sword nearly stabbed into Wang Xuan. Then once again when rows of bloodied water was carried out when Wang Xuan had the miscarriage, the man must be adamant that Wang Xuan must never be near DEATH himself.

I loved it that Xiao Qi is the only person who will be able to witness Wang Xuan's playfulness and he match his wife's mood as well.

I believe Xiao Qi is totally disappointed with the new Emperor in his handling the crimes against the nations as he seemed to be sparing the nobles from punishment. Both Xiao Qi and Wang Xuan works for the people in mind.

Yes, very well said. I do love the scenes when XQ matched awu playfullness and flirts. Some scenes are too sweet such as ep 37 ending.

• Like 5

Ep-34/35

The plotting and scheming continues..XiaoQi's pride is his Ningshuo army.The bribery proof implicating Gen.Song shook the trust in the loyalty of his men deeply.Awu wants to marry and settle her faithful Jin'er into a comfortable life..

Jin'er and General Song will give a deep blow to XiaoQi and Awu.

My poot power couple always get betrayed by those they trust and treat well.

The conversation between Awu and the Emperor was well timed.He truly wishes to be a good and just ruler. He has overcome his lust for Awu and understands his irresponsible act caused her to suffer.The only person from her family who apologizes for his actions.

His wife and mom are however a different story. Busybodies trying hard to maintain the corruption and deceptions in the palace.Both didn't learn from their kin that too much greed at the end becomes the noose that would cause their miserable end..

Prince Helan's try at causing disruption in the marital world of XiaoQi and Awu got dashed even before it could take shape.The bond the couple share is one of deep understanding. This incident once again established that.If the past episodes are anything to go by petty misunderstanding between the leads is hard to imagine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2021 at 2:20 AM, Fenny Liong said:

So,is helan zhen really love awu? Or just wanna use her coz she is Xiao Qi weakness?

This is my interpretation of novel HZ.

**Read the book with my limited Mandarin and the help of my SO. I stand to be corrected. Thanks!**

My impression of Helan Zhen from the novel was completely different compared to the drama. Sometimes I wonder, had the author made some changes, Helan Zhen would've been more memorable in the eyes of the viewers.... wishful thinking. Of course, he was a lot more abusive so in a way, I'm glad his character was written out fast.

The beginning of the book introduced him first and in fact, emphasized on his unwillingness to use Awu in his schemes. He once told her, "if you werent you, i..." and got cut off by one of the Helan guards ushering him to put the phosphorous belt on her! 

Not sure if anyone remember this scene when he compared Awu to his mom. I cannot remember if this is in the drama too,, can someone verify? Helan Zhen also mentioned something between the lines of "everything i love turns into dust," and something about "the more I like it, the faster it gets taken away." 

Personally, i think novel HZ love her, but his love for vengeance was bigger.

Back to the Drama HZ

Quite honestly, i'm so happy to see Yuan Hong portraying him. It's been a while since I've seen him in a memorial role *since his 13th prince days!! Lol*. While I am a Xiao Qi/Awu fan, I like to think about the possibilities had things been altered a bit. 

BTW did anyone notice how much attention HZ was giving Awu in the latter episodes??? Because of this, I think he does harbor feelings towards her. Just not sure if its love or simply admiration. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprise if he uses Awu to bring Xiao Qi down. 

I stand to be corrected. TY

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Am now on episode 29 and I just can't put this drama down, what a ride! I am usually into romantic dramas and I was initially hooked by the romance of our general and Awu but as I got more into the drama I realized it was not the focus. But still the intrigue, the wars the calculations oh my goodness am hooked. And thank you to those who are subbing the rest of the episodes. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, PurplrRain said:

This is my interpretation of novel HZ.

**Read the book with my limited Mandarin and the help of my SO. I stand to be corrected. Thanks!**

My impression of Helan Zhen from the novel was completely different compared to the drama. Sometimes I wonder, had the author made some changes, Helan Zhen would've been more memorable in the eyes of the viewers.... wishful thinking. Of course, he was a lot more abusive so in a way, I'm glad his character was written out fast.

The beginning of the book introduced him first and in fact, emphasized on his unwillingness to use Awu in his schemes. He once told her, "if you werent you, i..." and got cut off by one of the Helan guards ushering him to put the phosphorous belt on her! 

Not sure if anyone remember this scene when he compared Awu to his mom. I cannot remember if this is in the drama too,, can someone verify? Helan Zhen also mentioned something between the lines of "everything i love turns into dust," and something about "the more I like it, the faster it gets taken away." 

Personally, i think novel HZ love her, but his love for vengeance was bigger.

Back to the Drama HZ

Quite honestly, i'm so happy to see Yuan Hong portraying him. It's been a while since I've seen him in a memorial role *since his 13th prince days!! Lol*. While I am a Xiao Qi/Awu fan, I like to think about the possibilities had things been altered a bit. 

BTW did anyone notice how much attention HZ was giving Awu in the latter episodes??? Because of this, I think he does harbor feelings towards her. Just not sure if its love or simply admiration. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprise if he uses Awu to bring Xiao Qi down. 

I stand to be corrected. TY

If you read the novel then you know, is there any scene about xiao qi gives awu medicine that make she cannot pregnant? 

Just saw one of those commentary video on YouTube, it seemed that it was Xiao Qi who had Zi Dan ascend the throne after the new Emperor's death. Of course being the son of the former Emperor and all. But Zi Dan did the stupidest thing and announced Wang Xuan as his Empress. Xiao Qi will not allowed such ludicrous nonsense and therefore within 3 days strip him of his throne and took the throne from him. The other option was to kill him, I suppose. But he did still owe Wang Xuan's life to him.

Xiao Qi in a way did what his own father in law couldn't.

No wonder Wang Xuan said he spent too much effort of romantic notion. Too much in the romantic novel fantasy.

Not sure where the You tuber got her facts from but it show the extension of Zi Dan's stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Just saw one of those commentary video on YouTube, it seemed that it was Xiao Qi who had Zi Dan ascend the throne after the new Emperor's death. Of course being the son of the former Emperor and all. But Zi Dan did the stupidest thing and announced Wang Xuan as his Empress. Xiao Qi will not allowed such ludicrous nonsense and therefore within 3 days strip him of his throne and took the throne from him. The other option was to kill him, I suppose. But he did still owe Wang Xuan's life to him.

No wonder Wang Xuan said he spent too much effort of romantic notion. Too much in the romantic novel fantasy.

Not sure where the You tuber got her facts from but it show the extension of Zi Dan's stupidity.

OMG I cant believe what Im reading lmao, I was wondering what make our Couple Leads become emperor / empress, so thats why, it's one of the reason bc of ZT's Stupidity.

• LOL 5

7 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Ep-34/35

The plotting and scheming continues..XiaoQi's pride is his Ningshuo army.The bribery proof implicating Gen.Song shook the trust in the loyalty of his men deeply.Awu wants to marry and settle her faithful Jin'er into a comfortable life..

Jin'er and General Song will give a deep blow to XiaoQi and Awu.

My poot power couple always get betrayed by those they trust and treat well.

The conversation between Awu and the Emperor was well timed.He truly wishes to be a good and just ruler. He has overcome his lust for Awu and understands his irresponsible act caused her to suffer.The only person from her family who apologizes for his actions.

His wife and mom are however a different story. Busybodies trying hard to maintain the corruption and deceptions in the palace.Both didn't learn from their kin that too much greed at the end becomes the noose that would cause their miserable end..

Prince Helan's try at causing disruption in the marital world of XiaoQi and Awu got dashed even before it could take shape.The bond the couple share is one of deep understanding. This incident once again established that.If the past episodes are anything to go by petty misunderstanding between the leads is hard to imagine.

you mean Yu Xiu, not Jin'Er? Yu Xiu is the faithful one who likes Gen. Song. Jin'Er is the one who likes Third Prince Zidan and becoming a spy for the Empress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZebraCross said:

you mean Yu Xiu, not Jin'Er? Yu Xiu is the faithful one who likes Gen. Song. Jin'Er is the one who likes Third Prince Zidan and becoming a spy for the Empress.

I mean't Jin'er.Awu did mention she wants to help settle her into comfortable matrimonial life with a decent chap.She also wishes to marry Yu Xiu to General Song.

I think Awu still isn't aware of Jin'er's obsessive love towards Zidan.She might look at Jin'er differently once she learns the truth.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fenny Liong said:

If you read the novel then you know, is there any scene about xiao qi gives awu medicine that make she cannot pregnant? 

I read somewhere in the novel, awu changed the medicine and reduce the medicine. But in tje drama, it s her senior maid (aunt Xu) did. (If im not mistaken).

I think in the drama they give more roles for He Lan. A lil diffreent from novel.

2 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Oh my godness. How could Zi tan do that? Such shameless. He announce Wang xuan as an empress. But wang xuan is still married to Xiao Qi right? ....zi tan is such really sick person.

No wonder i saw a clip Xiao qi pulls his sword in front of Awu and points sword to Zi tan when zi tan wore king's robe. Also there is a scene zi tan ask ing shoots arrow.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1