[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel Princess上阳赋

sugarplum892

Monumental Ep 18 .... our couple is together again - and this was the episode that I fell in love with Xiao Qi :heart: coming through the gates of hell and Awu flying to his embrace.

I am truly grateful to the subbers , since I am bilingual i know what a monumental job this is ....but but ....computer generated translations today do not live up to pace and excellence that we got for the past 17 ep.   Hopefully somebody , somewhere in the kingdom of benevolence will be able to fix the subs and leave the King Kong out of the equation. So I guess I am still looking forward to my ep 18 LOL . 

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, jadore1 said:

...computer generated translations today do not live up to pace and excellence that we got for the past 17 ep.   Hopefully somebody , somewhere in the kingdom of benevolence will be able to fix the subs and leave the King Kong out of the equation. So I guess I am still looking forward to my ep 18 LOL . 

They got bitten by the over promise underdeliver bug.Happens at times with YT channels who have fingers in too many pies.

3 hours ago, hallee said:

OhEmGee! Youtube’s  Episode 18 english subtitle is giving me a headache! It seems like they use an auto translate app that makes so many funny and incorrect translations! :weary:

The same with Dramacool.  It's like they uploaded the crappy sub from YouTube

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, sp17jcshipper said:

Yeah I just couldn't watch it, am waiting for Viki to put up subs argh

I couldn’t watch it too so i had no choice but to stop torturing myself with those lousy translations! So dissapointed since episode 18 is the reunion of Awu and Xiao Qi after the siege! So many sweets scenes together that needs to be translated!

5 hours ago, ValentineJ said:

The same with Dramacool.  It's like they uploaded the crappy sub from YouTube

Thanks for the head’s up...i will skip checking Dramacool too. :weary:

• Like 1

Ep 18

I'm waiting for ep.18 sub badly but slammed! The subs tortured me!

Luckily i've read the recap and review, so i can figure it out.

And i've watched some clips of ep 18 (not whole ep) with sub on youtube. It helped me a lot!

When AW was running to XQ, what an epic scene! The stare, the tightly hug, the sigh and the tears speak their longing and love louder than words and even kiss! 

No OTP scene in ep 15, 16, 17 paid off with this scene. Their reunion scene are worth to wait.

Thank u ZZY and ZYW for your superb acting! I'm satisfied! 

(I hate jiner, btw)

• Like 4

In ep 18, the third prince came across as an immature guy.He couldn't get Awu to reconcile with him hence turned into a gate crasher at the victory celebrations party.Didn't even think how his actions would put Awu in a uncomfortable spot in front of her husband and his men.He has a lot of growing up to do.Awu is lucky that Xiao Qi is an extremely intelligent person with a good understanding of people hence the situation was nipped in the bud.

Hopefully the third prince will turn out to be worldly wise with time and become a  better monarch than his siblings.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Auniyshi S said:

Ep 18

I'm waiting for ep.18 sub badly but slammed! The subs tortured me!

Luckily i've read the recap and review, so i can figure it out.

And i've watched some clips of ep 18 (not whole ep) with sub on youtube. It helped me a lot!

When AW was running to XQ, what an epic scene! The stare, the tightly hug, the sigh and the tears speak their longing and love louder than words and even kiss! 

No OTP scene in ep 15, 16, 17 paid off with this scene. Their reunion scene are worth to wait.

Thank u ZZY and ZYW for your superb acting! I'm satisfied! 

(I hate jiner, btw)

The sub already fixed,u can watch it now...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On youtube good subs ...I finally get to see my ep 18...Thank you Subbers 

I have learned that Wang =Royal ,  Fei = Princess ...so what is 公主

Gōngzhǔ  ?  (this is according to G translate which after witnessing the butchery of ep 18 translation I am :fearful:

I thought I was hearing Mon Fei until i read Wang Fei  LOL 

Ep 19 has good subs...:relaxed: thank you Goddess .  I felt the hunger in the army vs princesses desserts  . Food is such sacred responsibility and that reminds me when in e18  3rd prince carelessly pours the water in XQ's food when he did not wish to drink vine,  I was ready to hang him by his little ....s (lol brains brains) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jadore1 said:

On youtube good subs ...I finally get to see my ep 18...Thank you Subbers 

I have learned that Wang =Royal ,  Fei = Princess ...so what is 公主

Gōngzhǔ  ?  (this is according to G translate which after witnessing the butchery of ep 18 translation I am :fearful:

I thought I was hearing Mon Fei until i read Wang Fei  LOL 

fei isn't princess, it's consort technically. wang fei is wife of a wang (king/duke). gongzhu is princess, just daughter of the emperor, there's none in this drama. 长公主 and 大长公主 da4 zhang3 gong1 zhu3 are grand princesses, former being emperor's sisters, latter being emperor's dad's sisters (Joy of Life have grand princess, Awu's mum is technically one but I don't think the drama use this title?). Awu was a 郡主 jun4 zhu3 before getting married, which is usually other royalty's daughters, like emperor's nieces or crown prince's daughters. There's 县主 xian4 zhu3 and 乡主 xiang1 zhu3 as well, which are ranking titles given to royalties and minister's daughter (A Girl Like Me's protag is one and her titles change at some point), they come with prefecture/town/village as a fiefdom. Different dynasties have different rules about them, but this is what I use for general reference.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, skibbies said:

fei isn't princess, it's consort technically. wang fei is wife of a wang (king/duke). gongzhu is princess, just daughter of the emperor, there's none in this drama. 长公主 and 大长公主 da4 zhang3 gong1 zhu3 are grand princesses, former being emperor's sisters, latter being emperor's dad's sisters (Joy of Life have grand princess, Awu's mum is technically one but I don't think the drama use this title?). Awu was a 郡主 jun4 zhu3 before getting married, which is usually other royalty's daughters, like emperor's nieces or crown prince's daughters. There's 县主 xian4 zhu3 and 乡主 xiang1 zhu3 as well, which are ranking titles given to royalties and minister's daughter (A Girl Like Me's protag is one and her titles change at some point), they come with prefecture/town/village as a fiefdom. Different dynasties have different rules about them, but this is what I use for general reference.

@skibbies have i told you that I love you ..thank you:smile:. I was seeing Wang as her Fathers family name vs the king /duke wife ,  but i understand now since XQ is wang/ king/duke as well . I am determined to learn at least 5 new words from my c dramas and so far wang fei has stuck in my mind nicely . 

On my side of the ocean i have now 19 subbed and 31 /68 raw...I am in raw glory ...wow  ...I love our XQ more and more , lucky Awu lol 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, jadore1 said:

@skibbies have i told you that I love you ..thank you:smile:. I was seeing Wang as her Fathers family name vs the king /duke wife ,  but i understand now since XQ is wang/ king/duke as well . I am determined to learn at least 5 new words from my c dramas and so far wang fei has stuck in my mind nicely . 

You are welcome :D oh yeah if you see it as her family name, that's definitely confusing.

1 hour ago, Fenny Liong said:

Hey guys do you know what day this drama airing? I saw in china.iq but no new ep yesterday...

For non-vip, one ep a day, up to ep 19. For vip mon - wed, 2, 2, 3, up to ep 27. For vvip, starting from last week, every thurs, 6 ep, up to 31, so if you are up to the latest raw, you'll get more eps tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, skibbies said:

You are welcome :D oh yeah if you see it as her family name, that's definitely confusing.

For non-vip, one ep a day, up to ep 19. For vip mon - wed, 2, 2, 3, up to ep 27. For vvip, starting from last week, every thurs, 6 ep, up to 31, so if you are up to the latest raw, you'll get the more ep tomorrow.

Then tomorrow I will get 6 ep 32-37?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

I had to wait for the subtitles for the episode to get fixed to watch it which allowed me to watch the episode afterwards as well. But I had to share this, everyone probably talked about this scene but OMO!

Hi @Jillia I only saw youtube version and still waiting on my site for good ep 18 translation. Their conversations are like honey :smile:

ep 20/68 .....I amaze myself even after all these years how fast I still judge  :pensive:. Hearing how Awu's mother run to her mama to complain , hence the death of concubine, I am surprised the father could stomach to have two children with her .  It is a good thing that she wants to be a nun and finally atone for that death. 

Same thing with the brother. Here we were all so high and mighty in our judgement how can his wife be so and so ...and yet it was him that essentially stole another man's wife because he liked her.  I am no fan of 2nd prince but now that I know their story and seeing the raw episodes, I hope they go together at least. 

• Sad 1