Quantcast

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (2020) - Poll #3

Best and Worst of the Rest - 2020   

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which C-dramas / TW-dramas were your favorite in 2020? (Choose up to 5)

• Three Lives, Three Worlds: Pillowbook
    • Love and Redemption
    • The Romance of Hua Rong
    • Royal Nirvana
    • Legend of Fei
    • The Wolf
    • Falling Into You
    • The Romance of Tiger and Rose
    • Twisted Fate of Love
    • Dating in the Kitchen
    • Go Ahead
    • The Legend of Xiao Chuo
    • Lost Romance
    • Sleepless Princess
    • Sword Dynasty
    • And the Winner is Love
    • Someday or One Day
    • Well Intended Love 2
    • You Are My Destiny
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Which k-drama had the worst ending or generally disappointed you? (Choose up to 5)

• Alice
    • The King: Eternal Monarch
    • Rugal
    • Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol
    • Meow, The Secret Boy
    • Good Casting
    • When I Was the Prettiest
    • Born Again
    • Psychopath Diary
    • Oh My Baby
    • Backstreet Rookie
    • Was It Love?
    • Flower of Evil
    • The Spies Who Loved Me
    • Graceful Friends
    • Tell Me What You Saw
    • Start-up
    • The Game: Towards Zero
    • Eccentric! Chef Moon
    • None of the above
  3. 3. Who had the hottest abs in a k-drama in 2020? (Choose as many as you like)

• Joo Won - Alice
    • Ju Ji Hoon - Hyena
    • Choi Jin Hyuk - Rugal
    • Lee Soo Hyuk - Born Again
    • Kim Soo Hyun - It's Okay To Not Be Okay
    • Go Joon - Oh My Baby
    • Lee Dong Wook - Tale of Gumiho
    • Lee Si Kang - Man In A Veil
    • Choi Jin Hyuk - Zombie Detective
    • Yoo Jun Sang - Uncanny Counter
    • Kim Young Dae - Cheat On Me, If You Can
    • Firefighters in a calendar photo shoot - Please Don't Date Him
    • Jung Heon - No Matter What
    • Lee Tae Hwan - Graceful Friends
    • Eum Moon-Suk - Backstreet Rookie
    • Lee Do Hyun - Eighteen Again
    • Kim Myung Soo (L) - Royal Secret Agent
    • Jang Dong Yoon - Search
    • Park Hae Jin - Forest
    • None of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2021 at 08:00 PM

1 hour ago, partyon said:

You can vote for the abs :joy: There are pictures. lol

hahah I didn't see that. Thank you! lol. 

I seem to like the glistening ones xD. I actually think the best one is Yoo Jun Sang. He's 50??! that's crazy. 

I picked Legend of Fei as the best cdrama (I had to choose one) because... that's the only one I watched from 2020 :sweat_smile:

For kdramas, I've only seen Flower of Evil and Meow...and I'm not disappointed in Flower of Evil (might be my favourite drama) but Meow was a bit strange (but I managed to finish it, which is rare). sorry, Meow. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Soompi Forum Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest  - 2020 (Poll #3)   Chingus, welcome to our third and final poll of 2020 dramas!   This poll covers the dramas and topics we co

lol It's abdominal muscles - hence abs   I was really disappointed with Rugal as well. The synopsis sounded really interesting, but I couldn't make it past the third episode. Even though Ch

The most disappointed ending drama are : Alice, Rugul, Born Again, Backstreet Rookie, Tell me what you saw, The Game: towards zero   The Sexy guys in drama are (i only choose 3) :

16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

If 2019 Cdramas are included in the choices, The Untamed is one of the best! ^_^ 

Can I do 2018 then? 

Ashes Of Love, there aint no Story which Breaks your Heart Like this one does.Even L&R is inspired at a lot of Places.

962cd9b6d708864094f9b9fde6676c4e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
3 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

Born Again; watched it because of Jang Ki Yong. I can barely remember the storyline anymore but I do remember the feeling of not enjoying this at all. But I endure it for Jang Ki Yong. How in the world Jin Se Yeon keeps getting lead role really fascinates me. I guess her pretty face really saves her. Suddenly feeling so biased because it is not like Jang Ki Yong is really good but I guess I have a soft spot for him after Come and Hug Me. 

@kdramagrandma thank you sssooo much for this opinion. Yes, JKY was really, visible the best one  in "Born Again" but his acting wasn't  evaluated but only the character in this drama. It's a pity! The young actor did the best performed two characters - outside and inside . Yes, I paid attention because of his piercing gaze in the first episode - the scene in the bookshop...and JKY underlined - he acted with his eyes....:hooray2:

Crossing fingers and good luck towards JKY - I believe - one day we can see the next film - not drama...but film! 

@partyon thank you for the Awards Ideas :heart1:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2
2 hours ago, weirdnshort said:

I seem to like the glistening ones xD. I actually think the best one is Yoo Jun Sang. He's 50??! that's crazy.

Yes @Ameera Ali@sadthe1st and I were talking earlier today how abs just seem to look better when they're a bit tanned and glistening. :D

Yoo Jun Sang is amazing ! He's turning 52 this year and the guy's abs are :love:

@cenchingWhere you at girl? There's an abs poll.

bruno mars GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

if it makes you feel better, you are not alone. hahahahha...

Sweetie, I see that you still voted for some abs. :joy:

meryl streep wait GIF

You voted for almost half of them! :scream:

• LOL 4
6 hours ago, partyon said:

Sweetie, I see that you still voted for some abs. :joy:

You voted for almost half of them! :scream:

offering EO support and participation. :P

Chilling Remote Control GIF by MOODMAN

• LOL 3

haha I wasn't expecting that 'abs' category. I guess I'm ab-shy so I don't really pay attention to those scenes.

I ended picking Man in a Veil's seojun for the category. Joo won's and Soo hyun's are just impressive but I don't think I stayed long enough to remember them.

Overall wow. I found myself wanting to check off many dramas from the disappointing list. 

To name my top three: Start Up with emphasis. Alice. Graceful Friends. And a tad bit of Oh my Baby. Penthouse if I could.

-Start-Up lost its way mid-drama. Ignoring the love triangle, Idk how I should summarize it but there was a huge imbalance of character development? And mainly bad timing/disorganization for the general main story. I loved the entrepreneur/silicon valley ideation but it sucked that its focus disappeared. 

-Alice....that one was confused about what it wanted to be. The concept was interesting but I felt like the writers couldn't pick if they wanted to be a time travel or a dimension hopping story (specifically the summary); which ended up confusing everyone. And when they started hinting the 'do you like me' story between the mother and son, I ran. I couldn't ignore the psychological issues behind romantically involving yourself with someone who has the same face that birthed you.

-Graceful Friends alluded elegance and sophistication, yet the characters were nothing like that. Friends were at each other's throats over first loves and couples were lying when they've got serious criminal charges sitting on top of them. It was just layers of miscommunication and adults behaving like children every episode. 

I can't say much about the King and Backstreet Rookie since I barely finished both first episodes.

-I feel like Kim Eun-sook's dramas divides drama fans. Either you strongly despise her dramas or you enjoy it. I'm in the crowd where I feel indifferent about her mixed with 'don't expect too much from her'. I try a little bit of the cake and I don't always finish the entire thing because maybe I don't want chocolate all the time. Yeah.. her script writing isn't for me nowadays just like CLOY. They're like stories that exist to satisfy majority of the viewer's thirsts. I came for the Lee Min Ho like my usual routine, and I've had enough intake.

-And with Backstreet rookie; the most controversial drama this year. Man, the production team should've reconsidered the entire project. What I'm going to say is going to make a lot of people riled up and angry.

It's great that they're paying for the artist's IP but it's not great that they're supporting an artist's pedo/misogynist fantasies. The illustrated content and the 18+ innuendos (on female students) in the original webtoon was undeniable and impossible to ignore (everyone including the cast would've researched it and saw). I get the artist needs to make a living off his work, but why not another way? I don't understand how anyone at SBS even allowed/ suggested it on a public broadcast channel. I know things branched off from the webtoon later on though you still can't deny the roots. It's hard to develop a p0rnwha into a well-rounded story, and I expected disappointment from the start. Some things should just stay on the darker side of the web... I know some people just turn an eye on these things, however, I'm not willing. Maybe because I work in a similar field so I'm more sensitive to this? I could probably fight anyone about this lol though i'm already tired from ranting about it rn.

:dead:

Edited by tofumochu
  • Like 2
  • Blob 3

Thanks for the tag :dorashakes:

I like how the abs one was 'choose as many as you like' but dayumm them unknown firefighters :winkx:

tbh I probs chose 3 worlds 3 lives just because I am biased for Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms... I liked that one more than Pillowbook and haven't really seen the other shows listed hehe.

Whilst I was genuinely disappointed for the The Eternal Monarch when I was so hyped for it. Guess I just had too high expectations for it due to the lovable cast and the potential it had with the storyline.

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
8 minutes ago, *.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* said:

I like how the abs one was 'choose as many as you like' but dayumm them unknown firefighters

Yes, it would have been too cruel to limit the choices to 5 or even 10 abs, so we let everyone vote for as many abs as they wanted.

It was thanks to @Nodame chingu that the firefghters were included in this poll. :glasses: She nominated them! :machocat:

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

Can I ask why TKEM  is worst ending? I have only seen the first couple of episodes and I don't mind spoilers :P as I'm not sure whether I can stomach watching the rest...

I don't watch CDramas, so couldn 't pick anything there. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

@partyon

Wow happy to see CJH in two spots   whahaha  Thank you   
Btw I want you to know I bookmarked the abs thread. I will check it out tomorrow.  At the moment my eyes are bit blurry from digging in all those abs you posted here.  :joy:

YoNk8h6.gif

fClR5lU.gif

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
On 1/9/2021 at 4:19 AM, partyon said:

Yes @Ameera Ali@sadthe1st and I were talking earlier today how abs just seem to look better when they're a bit tanned and glistening. :D

Yoo Jun Sang is amazing ! He's turning 52 this year and the guy's abs are :love:

@cenchingWhere you at girl? There's an abs poll.

@partyon, I very much agree with you -Abs is slightly more visible when you have a tan. A lot of guys look more chiseled when they have a tan. So, if your starting to work on your abs and you want them to show even more then get a tan, go to the beach. hahaha - When you get that darker skin complexion, your definition is going to show even more, giving the impression you are distinctly toned. Women have abs, too - It's just that it looks different.

:popcornjackson:

17 hours ago, agenth said:

Can I ask why TKEM  is worst ending? I have only seen the first couple of episodes and I don't mind spoilers :P as I'm not sure whether I can stomach watching the rest...

I don't watch CDramas, so couldn 't pick anything there. 

@agenth, I don't consider it worst ending. Biased aside, I find it a good drama. The only drawback is the low ratings. The slow-pacing of the series could be the reason why it is struggling. Seems like viewers preferred a quicker lead-in. The King: Eternal Monarch has a happy ending. Sorry for the spoiler -

Spoiler

Both Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul ended up together as they travelled through different eras in history.

Struggling with the ratings but it's not a flop.  The King: Eternal Monarch holds the record of the most-watched K-drama of 2020 yet. Overall, I enjoyed 'The King: Eternal Monarch'. I was moved by the lessons in life and in love that came with it. It's definitely worth watching, especially if you're a LMH fan - :wut:  and also if you are into science fiction. :rubchin:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2