Quantcast

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (2020) - Poll #3

Best and Worst of the Rest - 2020   

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which C-dramas / TW-dramas were your favorite in 2020? (Choose up to 5)

• Three Lives, Three Worlds: Pillowbook
    • Love and Redemption
    • The Romance of Hua Rong
    • Royal Nirvana
    • Legend of Fei
    • The Wolf
    • Falling Into You
    • The Romance of Tiger and Rose
    • Twisted Fate of Love
    • Dating in the Kitchen
    • Go Ahead
    • The Legend of Xiao Chuo
    • Lost Romance
    • Sleepless Princess
    • Sword Dynasty
    • And the Winner is Love
    • Someday or One Day
    • Well Intended Love 2
    • You Are My Destiny
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Which k-drama had the worst ending or generally disappointed you? (Choose up to 5)

• Alice
    • The King: Eternal Monarch
    • Rugal
    • Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol
    • Meow, The Secret Boy
    • Good Casting
    • When I Was the Prettiest
    • Born Again
    • Psychopath Diary
    • Oh My Baby
    • Backstreet Rookie
    • Was It Love?
    • Flower of Evil
    • The Spies Who Loved Me
    • Graceful Friends
    • Tell Me What You Saw
    • Start-up
    • The Game: Towards Zero
    • Eccentric! Chef Moon
    • None of the above
  3. 3. Who had the hottest abs in a k-drama in 2020? (Choose as many as you like)

• Joo Won - Alice
    • Ju Ji Hoon - Hyena
    • Choi Jin Hyuk - Rugal
    • Lee Soo Hyuk - Born Again
    • Kim Soo Hyun - It's Okay To Not Be Okay
    • Go Joon - Oh My Baby
    • Lee Dong Wook - Tale of Gumiho
    • Lee Si Kang - Man In A Veil
    • Choi Jin Hyuk - Zombie Detective
    • Yoo Jun Sang - Uncanny Counter
    • Kim Young Dae - Cheat On Me, If You Can
    • Firefighters in a calendar photo shoot - Please Don't Date Him
    • Jung Heon - No Matter What
    • Lee Tae Hwan - Graceful Friends
    • Eum Moon-Suk - Backstreet Rookie
    • Lee Do Hyun - Eighteen Again
    • Kim Myung Soo (L) - Royal Secret Agent
    • Jang Dong Yoon - Search
    • Park Hae Jin - Forest
    • None of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2021 at 08:00 PM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Soompi Forum Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest  - 2020 (Poll #3)   Chingus, welcome to our third and final poll of 2020 dramas!   This poll covers the dramas and topics we co

lol It's abdominal muscles - hence abs   I was really disappointed with Rugal as well. The synopsis sounded really interesting, but I couldn't make it past the third episode. Even though Ch

The most disappointed ending drama are : Alice, Rugul, Born Again, Backstreet Rookie, Tell me what you saw, The Game: towards zero   The Sexy guys in drama are (i only choose 3) :

To be honest, I haven't participated in any of the Soompi Awards polls yet, since I don't think I've watched enough 2020 dramas to judge anything properly :P There are a ton on my "to watch" list, but I've only gotten to Alice so far, so....

That being said, I did decide to stop by this time, because I also want to give my shout-out to Joo Won's abs scene in that. Honestly, big muscular builds and six-pack abs aren't my thing. Like, I get what the fuss is about, but it's not what I personally find physically attractive. However, that being said, I know just how hard JW worked for those abs: starting from wanting to be able to build himself up like that years ago (at least as far back as 2013), to starting physical training in 2014, to looking fit but still without visible abs in his shirtless scene in Nae Il's Cantabile in that same year, to his enlistment, to maintaining his post-enlistment build up until now. And seeing him featured on a poll like this, it's great to see how all of that paid off. :) 

And speaking of Alice, I don't have GIFs, but you do get a two-for-one special, since Kwak Si Yang gets a shower scene, too ;) 

(By the way, I tried to vote for JW for #3, but it's not going through unless I say something for the rest - which I can't do fairly. So consider this a purely verbal shout-out :))

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1
6 minutes ago, kittyna said:

To be honest, I haven't participated in any of the Soompi Awards polls yet, since I don't think I've watched enough 2020 dramas to judge anything properly :P There are a ton on my "to watch" list, but I've only gotten to Alice so far, so....

Glad that you're stopping by :kiss_wink:

That being said, I did decide to stop by this time, because I also want to give my shout-out to Joo Won's abs scene in that. Honestly, big muscular builds and six-pack abs aren't my thing. Like, I get what the fuss is about, but it's not what I personally find physically attractive. However, that being said, I know just how hard JW worked for those abs: starting from wanting to be able to build himself up like that years ago (at least as far back as 2013), to starting physical training in 2014, to looking fit but still without visible abs in his shirtless scene in Nae Il's Cantabile in that same year, to his enlistment, to maintaining his post-enlistment build up until now. And seeing him featured on a poll like this, it's great to see how all of that paid off. :)

Oh, trust me, we've been enjoying the result of his hard labor a lot here on this forum.

Thank you Joo Won! :dorakiss:

(By the way, I tried to vote for him for #3, but it's not going through unless I say something for the rest - which I can't do fairly. So consider this a purely verbal shout-out :))

There is a "None of the above" option in all questions. Feel free to press that option for questions #1 and #2 and then your answers can be submitted. Many others have done the same. :kiss_wink:

Every vote for Joo Won counts!

:wow1:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
21 minutes ago, partyon said:

There is a "None of the above" option in all questions. Feel free to press that option for questions #1 and #2 and then your answers can be submitted. Many others have done the same.

Thanks for the tip - will do :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1
2 hours ago, partyon said:

I think we can safely say that whatever the result of this poll is, no one can top our 100% Joo Won oppa! :love:

Ha ha ha... Thanks for tagging @partyon . :blush:

I can't help but laugh and remember this moment that happened at Joo Won's vlive after Alice. His agency asked fans to send their most memorable scene from Alice and the side of Park Jingyeom (Joo Won's character in Alice) they wanted to see again. 

To Joo Won's surprise his shower scene made into Top 5 memorable scenes chosen by fans. He became flustered and said "Why did this shower scene chosen as 'memorable scene'!" Laughing he thanked fans and said that he worked quite hard for it.

It's good to see him getting nominted in best abs catagory but like @kittynaabove, I'm also like her not- a fan of abs. We're probably the minority. Ha ha..

tumblr_oqu1z0KSiY1vm0ue1o9_400.gifv

But Joo Won did work so hard to make this abs, starve himself time to time. For a movie he once gained 8 kilos to look like a random hard working village guy. That time he was once asked which is easier for him- to lose weight or gain weight? He said he loves to eat so gaining is always easier.

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCDjnFZLLTYQ4X-KPMf7N

And now he's like this for Alice.. 

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1kEqEQYHWXqnPHnDBxCL

To all hardworking k-actors who sacrifice their eating habits so they can transform and build the perfect image for their character.. :thumbsup:

Also I'm unable to relate much this year, I mean 2020 because I somehow ended up watching less drama in 2020(I have to catch up with some that I was eying in 2020 but couldn't start). And I was wondering why Choi Jin Hyuk is EO Oppa later saw the explanation. I may not be an EO but I love him too. :heartxoxo:

tumblr_ontd2kQwjN1u9kr3fo10_r1_400.gifv

• Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
2 hours ago, partyon said:

Feel free to visit as often as you like. :kiss_wink:

If you're interested, we also have an Ultimate Abs thread on this forum :joy:

You can view and share abs pics there. :eatscookie:

I am loving soompi a bit more each passing day. 

:fullofhearts:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

OMGee...We have a CDRAMA POLL Yayay!!!

1) Which was the best C-drama of 2020?

But my most fav CDRAMA show maybe couldn't be listed because that was not internationally Popular and Polarizing views.

It's WITH YOU (Anthology Episodes how the Normal People Coped up with COVID-19, available on Iqiyi) , The struggle was real but the ending was Hopeful gave courage , out World is battling the disease but somehow People around the region have gone lackluster without wearing relevant Masks, they can use this as a Reminder about why was a Lockdown necessary and how frontline workers made a Lot of Survival possible. Again as I said very Polarizing views.

2) Which was the most disappointing k-drama or k-drama ending of 2020?

King the Eternal Monarch ENDING. - Was a happy Bow ending BUT!!!!! Made no sense with all the Hyped up inter-looped mysteries, KES here was like I made all cry with Goblin with Logic , I will end TKEM with a BOW everyone stays ALIVE and a King and Promoted COP go around roaming the World .Ok Got You.

The Tale of Nine Tailed ENDING : Had the best integration of Wuxia Vibes in first half maybe ever shown in K drama with all Mythology and Funky soundtrack, the Moment Kim Bum turns positive the story went downhill and the EVER SO Powerful Imugi was viped with a Slap and 10 Punches. WOW. I mean yeah it plopped.

Most Disappointing K drama- Backstreet Rookie. Lost the Plot.

3) By popular demand, who showcased the nicest abs in a k-drama in 2020?

Kim Soo Hyun, he surprised Me. Lol maybe I loved SYJ in IONBOTO the most maybe I am biased here as well hahahaa.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2
13 minutes ago, madmad min said:

It's WITH YOU (Anthology Episodes how the Normal People Coped up with COVID-19, available on Iqiyi) , The struggle was real but the ending was Hopeful gave courage , out World is battling the disease but somehow People around the region have gone lackluster without wearing relevant Masks, they can use this as a Reminder about why was a Lockdown necessary and how frontline workers made a Lot of Survival possible. Again as I said very Polarizing views.

I've watched it via WeTV. It's a beautiful mix of slice of life, what's going on at the frontlines, and the support people working in the background.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2
2 hours ago, Ayame said:

As expected, Lee Si Kang from MIAV is included~ :joy:

@Lmangla sweetie insisted that we include him already in this year's poll. :joy: Even though I am not watching the drama, I've been following Mr. Abs. :joy:

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

Also I'm unable to relate much this year, I mean 2020 because I somehow ended up watching less drama in 2020(I have to catch up with some that I was eying in 2020 but couldn't start). And I was wondering why Choi Jin Hyuk is EO Oppa later saw the explanation. I may not be an EO but I love him too.

He's so lovable, isn't he? :fullofhearts: And he was the only one of the actors who showed his abs in TWO dramas in 2020. Hah! Take that Joo Won and Kim Soo Hyun!

drunk samson & gert GIF by vrt

1 hour ago, Missprincesa said:

I am loving soompi a bit more each passing day.

Me too! :kiss_wink:

34 minutes ago, madmad min said:

3) By popular demand, who showcased the nicest abs in a k-drama in 2020?

Kim Soo Hyun, he surprised Me. Lol maybe I loved SYJ in IONBOTO the most maybe I am biased here as well hahahaa.

Did you look at the other abs? Joo Won's abs are nice, no? :joy:

30 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

@partyon why is he '100% Joo Won Oppa' ?

Good question. :joy:

So, my twin @Ameera Ali and I share him as our oppa.

We had a fierce battle over him - there was an oppa battle going on on the add subtract thread for several days - all in a "friendly manner" of course. :joy: The rest of the gang on the thread while all of this was going on:

Bill Hader Reaction GIF

Especially @sadthe1st

@Ameera Ali wanted 75% of Joo Won, so I had to really fight.... In the end, we agreed to share him 50% - 50%.

When I speak about Joo Won, I will call him Joo Won oppa(50%). When @Ameera Ali and I talk about Joo Won together, we call him 100% oppa. :joy:

calculating the hangover GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I chose The King as the best drama but also checked it as disappointing. I loved the complex puzzle of the drama, Woo Do Hwan’s performance was a complete and delightful surprise, and of course LMH was just stunning, both in his looks and performance. I didn’t care for the pairing (don’t hate me) and was disappointed with the first few episodes and the ending. So it was quite a mixed bag for me, although all in all, I thought it was a terrific story.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2
On 1/8/2021 at 8:10 PM, partyon said:

Good question. :joy:

So, my twin @Ameera Ali and I share him as our oppa.

We had a fierce battle over him - there was an oppa battle going on on the add subtract thread for several days - all in a "friendly manner" of course. :joy: The rest of the gang on the thread while all of this was going on:

Especially @sadthe1st

@Ameera Ali wanted 75% of Joo Won, so I had to really fight.... In the end, we agreed to share him 50% - 50%.

When I speak about Joo Won, I will call him Joo Won oppa(50%). When @Ameera Ali and I talk about Joo Won together, we call him 100% oppa. :joy:

Joo Won be like - 'Girls..I'm all yours.. Don't fight~'

joo+won8.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I really did not watch enough dramas last year >_<

The only 2020 dramas I've seen was:

• Flower Of Evil (I'm still watching)
  • Meow, The Secret Boy
  • Legend of Fei (still watching/airing)

I mostly watched cdramas last year - but 2019 dramas (which was a great year for cdramas imo)

I don't think I can fairly vote 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2
1 minute ago, weirdnshort said:

I really did not watch enough dramas last year >_<

I don't think I can fairly vote

You can vote for the abs :joy: There are pictures. lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

@partyon Haha I can expect Abs from a Lot of Actors, KSH I have never expected, I mean His acting is more Precise than Ab show, for few scenes this past year even his ABs became Defined LMAO.

@MayanEcho WITH YOU is something I saw because of my Cdrama Bias Denglun(I swear his drama depravation is REAL , he is worse than LMH in making his fans wait lol), but each different story so Real Hard Hitting and Hopeful. Like I always say CDRAMA If done Right is way better than any K drama out there, this was one of those.

@msdot Count me IN for not caring about the TKEM Pair. TKEM was supposed to be a Smart fantasy weaved with Romance, it ended up being Too much Romance with fantasy and smartness gone done the Parallel world Tunnel. OMO. Wastage of actors and Plotline in some sense. TKEM OTP for me was WDH-WDH and WDH-LMH lmao. I found KGE better in other works than TKEM. But nvm.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

I feel somehow this is harder than the Best Drama poll because I can hardly remember most of the endings. So I just voted for the ones I remember feeling excited initially but ended up disappointed. I didn't vote for c-drama since I did not watch any from the list and not voting for the abs just because. Might be in minority but for me abs is just abs. It looks nice and all but that's it. Not particularly excited about it.

The King: Eternal Monarch; undeniably a really hyped drama when it was airing. I did follow it every week but I got lost following the storyline. Someone who loves the drama really dearly tried to explain to me once that there were a lot of hints scattered throughout the drama and it makes me feel ignorant for not realizing it but I watch drama for the fun of it and I do generally loves trying to find all the hints, but this drama just don't do it for me. Glad that my sister was there and we were both like nope! Not enough to roped us into liking it. The only good thing come from this is Woo Do Hwan.

Alice; had a really high hope for this. I love when they tried to incorporate science-y stuff but I guess the writer doesn't has any idea anymore it became so draggy I can't even bear to watch the last episode after reading some of the comment in the thread. 

Born Again; watched it because of Jang Ki Yong. I can barely remember the storyline anymore but I do remember the feeling of not enjoying this at all. But I endure it for Jang Ki Yong. How in the world Jin Se Yeon keeps getting lead role really fascinates me. I guess her pretty face really saves her. Suddenly feeling so biased because it is not like Jang Ki Yong is really good but I guess I have a soft spot for him after Come and Hug Me. 

Oh My Baby; started this for Jang Nara. Loves the first half. Second half gets too draggy I ended up dropping it. 

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol; I actually do not have huge problem with the ending but it can be much better. Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook's chemistry made me fall in love with them and I love how the whole neighborhood were incorporated nicely without sacrificing their own story.  

Honorable mention;

Tale of Gumiho; it was not in the poll but this one tops it all. I had a really high hope initially but everything went downhill after first few episodes. I keep feeling the writer was forcing me to feels thing but none of it was working except for Kim Bum's character. He was the only saving grace of the drama for me. More reason to hate the ending. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3
38 minutes ago, kdramagrandma said:

Might be in minority but for me abs is just abs. It looks nice and all but that's it. Not particularly excited about it.

if it makes you feel better, you are not alone. hahahahha...

• Like 1
  • Blob 5
9 hours ago, partyon said:

lol :D It's abdominal muscles - hence abs

I was really disappointed with Rugal as well. The synopsis sounded really interesting, but I couldn't make it past the third episode. Even though Choi Jin Hyuk is my oppa, I just couldn't watch it until the end.

@partyon, thank you, dear! Hahaha - even here you always voiced-out how disappointed you were with the drama. I find it good, it's just that I was disappointed with the ending. The finale then ends with Gi-beom getting messages from his former Rugal teammates and being notified of an Argos members' location. That's just it! I wanted for more, maybe seeing them being together again. Hence, I voted it for my #2. I don't really dig C-/TW dramas so, it's none of the above for me - hahaha. For #3, I chose (5) of them & I'm just happy that so far Kim Soo Hyun is on the run..... He's one of my best (5)..... :rickroll:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1