Soompi Awards: Best and worst of daily/weekend dramas 2020 (Poll #2)

Lmangla

A delight or disaster?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. It was so bad, it was good! Made me laugh a lot

• mom has an affair
    • brilliant heritage
    • fatal promise
    • once again
    • bad love
    • wanna taste
    • gracious revenge
    • no second chance / never twice
    • unasked family
    • love is beautiful, life is wonderful
    • none of these dramas!
  2. 2. I spent my time getting aggravated - why did I keep watching!

• mom has an affair
    • brilliant heritage
    • fatal promise
    • once again
    • bad love
    • wanna taste
    • gracious revenge
    • unasked family
    • none of these dramas!
  3. 3. It was lovely! I pleasantly enjoyed it

• mom has an affair
    • brilliant heritage
    • fatal promise
    • once again
    • bad love
    • wanna taste
    • gracious revenge
    • unasked family
    • none of these dramas!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2021 at 05:30 AM

Soompi Awards: Best and worst of daily/weekend dramas 2020 (Poll #2)

Chingus, have you voted for the best dramas of 2020? That poll focused on the the prime time dramas where the episodes are usually around 16 (full hour episodes). However, there is a whole other world of dramas -- the 100+ half hour episodes where we watch for months on end. It can become a daily/weekend routine where we enjoy discussing it with the soompi community.

We are including only dramas that have finished airing all of its episodes. So you can pick as many choices: Was it a delight or disaster?

8391dae85326778cf9aa46513f82243bf45b8122

To help you choose the best and worst, we have three questions:-

Q1. It was so bad, it was good! Made me laugh a lot -- These are the dramas that make no sense whatsoever, the characters are all over the place but they are so hilarious and addictive that it is enjoyable. Even though you know this is beyond stupid, you are having way too much fun most of the time to stop watching. hahahhaha
Q2. I spent my time getting aggravated - why did I keep watching!
-- These are the dramas that tick you off almost the entire run. Basically we spent all our time cursing in the threads. So why did we keep watching? With the hope that the ending might turn it around and we might have a sense of satisfaction. But alas, we were disappointed!
Q3. It was lovely! I pleasantly enjoyed it -- These are the dailys that make it worth all the 6 months of watching. There is story that makes sense most of the time, characters you want to root for; well you can't like them all but there are some! and in the end, you are left with the pleasant satisfaction.

let us know your thoughts, which were your favourites, what made you face palm and which characters did you want to slap the most!

:facepalm:

re: @partyon

tagging some soompi regulars watch a lot of daily/weekend dramas:

@Jillia @foreverempress @dolorisbrady @joccu @UnniSarah @Ameera Ali @O @chococarmela @vienvien @calledtoteach @Sugarless @Naty828 @GingerK @Yazusa @maribella  @backstreetboysfan @iksunijini @Mocharel @mizv @nohamahamoud2002 @dramaninja @monalisa @Ayame  @khoailang99 @vintage @R2020 @crystaltears @Nodame @chickfactor @sunnynotsunhee @tas82 @afv @Gi @cikqueen @gm4queen @angelwingssf @kireeti2 @Gaia2u @tulip06 @hell59 @sal2 @rolisrntex @Saja La @brooksmom @Ldy Gmerm @mello1 @kiefshi1056 @Cassandra E. Bett @lpenny @smhelen @shana0127 @LeftCoastOppa @Bejaffled @lysanderayumi  @airgelaal @miraliyana90 @EK8 @perfectmouse @Leila Essalih @whome @mersea545 @mjmartinez @Susu @celebrianna @roli @Blizzardistkaputt  @jeijei @tarjig @msmy @dulceres @Manora @RobinM @heartslined @Secretz @fragglerock @youngae @lindab12 @marrez1 @ktcjdrama @Kdramafan123  .....

• partyon changed the title to Soompi Awards: Best and worst of daily/weekend dramas 2020 (Poll #https://forums.soompi.com/topic/459699-soompi-awards-best-and-worst-of-dailyweekend-dramas-2020-poll-2/2)
  • partyon changed the title to Soompi Awards: Best and worst of daily/weekend dramas 2020 (Poll #2)

It is my honor as the first post to bestow my personal Slapparooni Award to the stepsister in Brilliant Heritage for female category, JW’s cheating husband from Wanna Taste for male category, and the entire Lee(ch) household from Wanna Taste for group category. And the winner of the Dummy of the Year award for main leads goes to..... Gong Gye Ok from Brilliant Heritage! Congrats! Enjoy your award! (until Han Yujeong from Man In A Veil takes it that is)

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

1 hour ago, Mocharel said:

It is my honor as the first post to bestow my personal Slapparooni Award

bwahahahah...... I like this award!

here is my choice: can we give this award to the writer of wanna taste? --  who tortured us viewers with a romance (between the younger brother and this idiot dimwit ex-sister-in-law, far right in below pic), who insisted that we care about the lee (ch) family and tried to make them the heroes of the drama? no, we didn't buy their turn around in character as it was unrealistic writer-nim. can we slap the writer for making subtle digs at views at how we complained on message boards and didn't appreciate the drama? yea, we are not stupid. we know the lead complaining about viewers was about us. well, if you write a stupid drama, that's on you.

1142758_20200317_1.jpg

verdict: no, we don't wanna taste.

34 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

bwahahahah...... I like this award!

here is my choice: can we give this award to the writer of wanna taste? --  who tortured us viewers with a romance (between the younger brother and this idiot dimwit ex-sister-in-law, far right in below pic), who insisted that we care about the lee (ch) family and tried to make them the heroes of the drama? no, we didn't buy their turn around in character as it was unrealistic writer-nim. can we slap the writer for making subtle digs at views at how we complained on message boards and didn't appreciate the drama? yea, we are not stupid. we know the lead complaining about viewers was about us. well, if you write a stupid drama, that's on you.

verdict: no, we don't wanna taste.

ohhhh heck yes that was really grating and arrogant, they were writing a really bad story and then they took shots at the audience for not liking it, the gall. I think they deserve the Ultimate Deluxe Dae-Slapparooni Award just for the sheer ineptitude of their writing, pushing personal belief and agenda that don’t sit well with the story or audience, and then had the arrogance level that would make Bejita’s eyes burst

week comics GIF

honestly tho I feel the writer for No Matter What and Man In A Veil also are strong contenders for this position, but they haven’t shown the arrogance like the writer for Wanna Taste did as of now, but who knows, maybe they’ll get the Ultimate Deluxe Dae-Slapparooni Award for 2021!

@Mocharel ~ for me, man in the veil is in the "it is so bad it is good" category. hahahhaha... it just cracks me up. I can't even explain the appeal of the drama because nothing about it is logical. actually it is difficult to describe the pull of daily vs a prime time drama. hahahaha...  what I love is the writer is not even bothering to redeem yura. everyone thinks she is terrible but they can't outwit her. it makes for a fun watch.

I found the writer of wanna taste really insufferable. I think he wanted to write some moving drama about change, redemption, people but instead it was one hot mess. it could have been worse if the leads weren't good actors but the drama was so awful that I had no taste to watch the female lead again my perfect life.

I agree @Lmangla tho on the professional standpoint the writer for Man In A Veil is so bad because of just how stupid the characters are that they can’t even take down one tantrum cup throwing mad lady and her harebrained schemes, but I still laugh because of how dumb they are (and Darth Yujung is kinda interesting to watch ngl), so it’s bad, but it’s not bad bad. The writer for Wanna Taste had such delusions of grandeur for themselves that they think they’ve made the perfect story when they didn’t, and when the audience didn’t like it, they take cheap shots on the audience. This is bad bad and the writer was being an arrogant RickRoll'D on the top of it all. I’m not sure I’ve seen the writer’s name for Wanna Taste before but if someone here knows do let me know! I’ll be sure to avoid the dramas they work on like the plague.

1 hour ago, joccu said:

Fatal promise was one daily that I still don't know how I finished it. 

Gracious revenge I dropped in middle but I watched the the last episode. 

fatal promise cracked me up with how awful the plot was. nothing made sense. I don't know how any of us finished watching it. maybe for the comedy factor?

gracious revenge had some really great older actors who pulled in all their experience to make crazy seem sane. still there were lots of stuff that were over the top. once I got over the non-existence thunderbolt romance, it was actually watchable. felt it ended well and on something that seemed logical...

5 hours ago, partyon said:

Once Again had some great abs :love:

I agree!! Ngl he was my visual eyecandy throughout the whole drama, and when he showed up on Law of The Jungle (with Gary too!) I was so elated. He was so adorable in LoTJ too, and really good in catching fish.

I still rewatch scenes with Sang Yeob’s character and his brother in Once Again, especially the karaoke fight scene and whenever they fight with each other, those two brothers are seriously hilarious, and I legit laughed so hard at them. There’s this drama I’m watching where they supposedly make funny yt videos but honestly, I find them all not funny and just cringe..... and all the characters found those videos funny wtfudge? They should watch Sang Yeob, the poor things, they didn’t even know what real comedy looks like.

p.s, even funnier since I knew Sang Yeob from Running Man and I knew that he’s also capable of actually making us laugh, he awakened to his comedy talent after being exposed to Kwangsoo

This year I watched 3 weekend dramas, Never Twice, Once Again amd Homemade Love Story. The last one is still airing so it wasn't included in the poll. Between Never Twice and Once Again, definitely the winner for me is Once Again. I laughed and cried with them for the whole 6 months. Yoon brothers are definitely my favorites brothers pairing.

Oh my god thanks for that video so much, I forgot which episode that was so thanks!! I love that scene so much, the way the brothers laugh was so damn hilarious as they held the tiny trashcan together, they definitely have the best scenes and interactions together

Archived