[Drama 2022-2023] The Glory, 더 글로리

twtwb

I'm not major fan of SHK nor the writer. I've only seen  SHK in two dramas, the classic endless love series  and TWTWB. I enjoyed watching her in those two dramas. I hope, this new one will have her in pure drama like the old ones she used to do. Good plot and script  and not just rely on visuals.

As for male lead,  I prefer an actor with same age or older by several years.  If classic romantic dramas I like it Lee Sang Yoon. If suspense/political in nature it's Lee Jung Jae. If crime action Kim Jae Wook or  Park Hae Jin..I guess.  But I really would like LSY. Well as long as it's the right actor for the right character.

Just sharing my two cents worth :)

• Like 1

If not Wonbin, because he is my sentimental favorite. Can I put JJH name in the pot of possible male leads for this drama. Which is a long shot since he is currently filming Undercover and has another lined up. But hey I can dream right.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm not major fan of SHK nor the writer. I've only seen  SHK in two dramas, the classic endless love series  and TWTWB. I enjoyed watching her in those two dramas. I hope, this new one will have her in pure drama like the old ones she used to do. Good plot and script  and not just rely on visuals.

Of course she is aware that people oftentimes focused on her beautiful face and not on her acting. A disadvantage of having a super beautiful face.

But she has said in her January 2021 W Korea cover interview that she aimed for a role whose director would be able to show a different face.

Korean dramas are planned several months ahead of the reveal to the public so her statements in W Korea interview were already referring to this new drama. 

• Like 8

Even star writers are riding the wave of the season

spacer.png

Kim Eun-hee, author of Netflix's "Kingdom" season 2 last year, Kim Soon-ok of SBS' "Penthouse" this year, and Kim Eun-sook, who decided to collaborate with Song Hye-kyo to release new works, are showing their seasonal works in a row. Star writers are now starting to reach out to seasons that settled early in overseas dramas and emerged as a new trend in domestic dramas a few years ago.

Recently, drama production company Hwa-and-Dam Pictures has been drawing attention by reporting that Kim Eun-sook's new film "The Glory" is an eight-part season. Also, the revenge-themed drama is drawing attention because the main character is Song Hye-kyo, and I wonder how long she will continue with the season. "It is still hard to say how many seasons we will be able to go through," an official at the Hwa-and-Dah Olympics told Sports Seoul. "It will depend on how it will be released. However, it can be seen that Song Hye-kyo is in the drama until the end," he said.

"Penthouse," which became the talk of the town last year, is expected to continue its popularity last year by airing its first broadcast of season 2 in February. Furthermore, season 3 is scheduled for May. Season 2 and 3 are 12 episodes each, showing the explosive power of writing three mini-series in a row over a year until season 1, when writer Kim Soon-ok had 21 episodes. An official from "Penthouse" praised Kim Soon-ok for his writing ability to release the script in a short period of time, saying, "I think the writer Kim Soon-ok is really genius."

Then why are even star writers presenting the season system? Kim Eun-hee, who tasted the success of the season before other star writers, asked about the advantages of the season drama, and Kim said, "There is no need to recreate the character. You don't have to start another project because you've prepared something before. "It's easy to continue the script." 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/468/0000732775

cto

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hallee said:

Is SHK’s newest drama a pre produced one pretty much like Descendants of the Sun???    

Yes, it's pre produced. But I don't think the drama will be same as DOTS, bec It's very different in genre (not many people like "revenge"). I am so proud of Kyo, taking a risk like this. She is so brave and she is so confident... already love her for this... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nmdar20 said:

Yes, it's pre produced. But I don't think the drama will be same as DOTS, bec It's very different in genre (not many people like "revenge"). I am so proud of Kyo, taking a risk like this. She is so brave and she is so confident... already love her for this... 

Yes i understand its a revenge drama with the same writer kim eun sook of DOTS...i just use it as a reference since DOTS is a pre - produced drama...Its high time SHK chose a different genre from her usual romance drama and movies to widen her perspective since she is in a new phase of her life now. Thanks for answering my question. :hahah!:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for further details about TG be like:crazymad::smashes:  

Yeah, ikr what to do but keep waiting. 

Spoiler

Off topic but I hope Kyo will accept another drama called Now,Were Breaking Up that has been offered to her previously so we can watch new drama from her if NWBU will broadcast on TV first before TG to air soon. 

• Like 1