[Drama 2022-2023] The Glory, 더 글로리

twtwb

1 hour ago, towrite said:

Right..so now jae joon is gonna be declared missing and investigations will begin , of course part 2 is done but ha doeung opened up a huge problem for himself ? He moved to the uk but how long before the body is discovered...he didn't have to kill jj but drama went fully revenge camp in part 2....so it's not all glory for ha doeung..

My biggest complain with show was unnecessarily turning construction man into a killer. He literally was only better one among baddies and they ruined him. According to show there was no way to prove jae joon was a rapist so there was no way jae joon and myeong oh could be legally punished for crimes so the writer made up for it by killing them brutally, as such I don't care but jae joon shouldn't have been killed by construction guy, I find it quite, as I dunno how to describe it, but sort of arrogant of writer to show that others are killing villains even when they don't need to because writer wants to keep dong eun murder-free. But for her sake they seriously ruined a very good character , the fact he is killing people for his ego, anger or whatever just shows scary and untrustworthy he is.

----------------

Also out of all 5 worst one was yeon jin, she burnt many girls, got them sexually assaulted countless times, killed 2 people, myeong oh was anyway going to die whether staff girl had killed him or not because yeon jin had called the cleaners, but she got the most lenient punishment, just a jail term, in comparison to her air hostess friend had a serious damage done to her life, career, all were done, then 2 guys die badly, Sara's punishment wasn't too bad too but the crimes yeon jin had done, burning people and just going to jail...is just..too less. I am saying this because ironically the show shows very hard revenge on 3 characters to show how bad they were but goes very lenient and pretends to play by law by sending the head baddie to jail.

Just because her husband divorced her, it isn't a big deal, her daughter seperating from her and mother abandoning her are nothing in comparison to the hell she put others through. It's yeon jin who should have met the end that jae joon met.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

My biggest complain with show was unnecessarily turning construction man into a killer. He literally was only better one among baddies and they ruined him. 

----------------
Just because her husband divorced her, it isn't a big deal, her daughter seperating from her and mother abandoning her are nothing in comparison to the hell she put others through. It's yeon jin who should have met the end that jae joon met.

The Gloria was about YJ’s glory that allowed for such cruelty and lack of compassion for or humanity towards others.  I don’t think the psychopath had it in her to love anyone.  Wait, is this the definition of a psychopath?  :)

All was on the table: YJ’s wealthy mother, husband, public job, friends and daughter (last for her but 1st in the husband’s eyes).  As DE told the husband during their Seoul meeting, she wanted to strip this villain from all of the above.  The rich biz’s husband may have buried a competitor before in construction sites, but even if he did not, he was on the board too.  /just thinking aloud.

• Like 2

Revenge and school harassment ... "The Glory", the new Netflix hit

The sixteen episodes of this new K-Drama entered the Top 10 of the platform, all genres combined.

The plot captivates with its tortuous structure in the form of a treasure hunt. The heroine's strategy is that of the game of go, explicitly mentioned. Very well written, the series follows a very rhythmic progression and takes off from its second episode. She is served by an excellent quartet of leading actresses.

https://www.lalibre.be/culture/cinema/series/2023/03/20/vengeance-et-harcelement-scolaire-the-glory-la-nouvelle-serie-coreenne-qui-cartonne-sur-netflix-43IM3FUJJZARPGOMR5KJZPLXPM/

• Like 2

Jung Sung Il On How His Life Has Changed Since Starring In “The Glory,” His Love Of Acting, And More

Jung Sung Il On How His Life Has Changed Since Starring In “The Glory,” His Love Of Acting, And More

Jung Sung Il of hit drama “The Glory” has posed for Dazed Korea!

Penned by hit writer Kim Eun Sook, Netflix’s “The Glory” tells the story of a former victim of brutal school violence who swears revenge on her bullies after becoming the elementary school homeroom teacher of her bully’s kid. Song Hye Kyo stars as the vengeful protagonist Moon Dong Eun, while Lee Do Hyun plays the complicated male lead Joo Yeo Jeong. Jung Sung Il plays Ha Do Yeong, who gets tied up in Moon Dong Eun’s revenge as the husband of her bully Park Yeon Jin (Lim Ji Yeon).

Given the drama’s huge success, the interviewer mentioned that Jung Sung Il’s life has likely changed in a lot of ways and the actor responded, “Which I am thankful for.” He explained, “While I now have more to do, I’m receiving offers for more diverse scripts and roles than before and as an actor, it’s meaningful that my range of choices has widened.”

Jung-Sung-Il-1.jpegJung-Sung-Il-2.jpeg

On what he focuses on most before choosing a role, Jung Sung Il shared, “Above all, my standard is the script itself. The role is important too but when the script is fun, I’m drawn to it a bit more. In terms of characters, even if they have similar personalities, they’re each faced with different situations so depending on the interpretation, new directions can be presented.”

Despite Jung Sung Il’s tendency to look at script over character, the interviewer touched on the impact Ha Do Yeong had on viewers, making the role a bit more special. Jung Sung Il commented, “Of course that’s true, but I think the role this character has in this project is important. For example, there are characters that have incredibly clear roles in a story and characters that just flow, even though they are in important positions. In dramas, I think I like characters that have a clear idea of what they must do.”

Aside from dramas, Jung Sung Il revealed that plays and musicals are his favorite types of work. He elaborated, “When I’m performing, I always feel like I’m studying. Everything’s like that. If you’re doing something and you let go in the middle, you could forget it. If I act without rest, I accumulate experience and gain precious assets that can be studied.”

Spoiler

Jung-Sung-Il-3.jpeg

Expanding on his love of acting, Jung Sung Il shared, “It’s fun. The fact that it’s hard. That rather makes me want to know more and do better, and there’s that feeling of not quite being able to get a hold of it. In my thirties, there was a time when I mistakenly believed that I was really doing well because people around me always said I was doing well. I once got in really big trouble while practicing the performance I was doing at that time. I cried a ton and even drank, which I don’t typically do. After getting scolded like that once, I thought, ‘I had such impertinent thoughts’ and ‘there is no end to acting,’ which made me fall for acting all over again.”

Lastly, Jung Sung Il was asked what makes him happy these days. He answered, “These days, really everything is happiness, but what makes me happiest is seeing my family be happy. One day, my seven-year-old son came home from kindergarten and asked what an autograph was because his teachers had asked for mine. I felt happy that I could do something for my young son who doesn’t even know what an autograph is. Seeing my family happy is my greatest happiness these days.”

Spoiler

Jung-Sung-Il-4.jpegJung-Sung-Il-5.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1574108wpp/jung-sung-il-on-how-his-life-has-changed-since-starring-in-the-glory-his-love-of-acting-and-more

• Like 1

Song Hye Kyo Thanks Fans Of “The Glory” With Sweet Handwritten Note

Song Hye Kyo Thanks Fans Of “The Glory” With Sweet Handwritten Note

Song Hye Kyo has expressed her gratitude to fans of the hit Netflix series “The Glory”!

On April 3, Song Hye Kyo took to her Instagram Stories to share a photo of herself holding up a handwritten sign. On the sign, the actress wrote, “The time I spent with ‘The Glory’ was an honor to me! Thank you for loving Moon Dong Eun and ‘The Glory’!! Sincerely! March 2023, from Moon Dong Eun.”

Song-Hye-Kyo-1.jpg

Penned by hit writer Kim Eun Sook, Netflix’s hit series “The Glory” tells the story of a former victim of brutal school violence who swears revenge on her bullies after becoming the elementary school homeroom teacher of her bully’s kid. Song Hye Kyo stars as the vengeful protagonist Moon Dong Eun, while Lee Do Hyun plays the complicated male lead Joo Yeo Jeong. Following the release of Part 2 on March 10, “The Glory” skyrocketed to success, quickly reaching No. 1 on Netflix’s global charts.

Last August, Song Hye Kyo was revealed to be in talks for director Lee Eung Bok’s new mystery thriller drama “The Price of Confession” (literal title) alongside Han So Hee. In March, the two actresses began teasing their potential new project together with adorably intriguing Instagram interactions.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1577261wpp/song-hye-kyo-thanks-fans-of-the-glory-with-sweet-handwritten-note

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Waited for S2 to be released before binge-watching all 16 no thanks to everyone around me raving about this show.

And that is a problem, because it got me expecting a 11/10. When in reality, it was a 9/10 for me.

Still good show nonetheless, but eps 15-16 were rushed while the first 5 eps were a bit too slow with the buildup. For a fan of the crime genre, this fell a little flat for me because the plot twists weren't huge twists.

Spoiler

I also did not like the fact that she wouldn't have achieved her goals if it weren't for her rich doctor boyfriend (who super conveniently owns the hospital where Sohee is at, sets up a clinic for Yeonjin to go, buys the funeral parlour)

Best scene for me is Dong Eun vs. Mom in orange hair. This gave me an even better closure than the ending.

Made me re-subscribe to Netflix after taking a 2-year break and... it was worth it! SHK now has a new fan from Malaysia. :)

• Like 1